evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

While using the site to er an egg I've noticed the issue with the er hasn't been fixed yet. I second a request for a manuel cleaning option, at least until Evina can find the error.

It's not just "until he can find the error" but also "until he has time to look for it" - and before he returns, he can't even add removal buttons.

I suppose I could investigate further but I have to leave and I won't be able to work on the site for about a month. So I hope it won't crash in that time. If so, then I'm sorry.

I seem to be getting redirected to a different .tk site that later sends me to an ad site. Is anyone else getting something similar or should I suspect malware on my computer?

No, I'm getting the same, redirects to a search engine. Draghatch seems to be gone. :-(

I seem to be getting redirected to a different .tk site that later sends me to an ad site. Is anyone else getting something similar or should I suspect malware on my computer?

im getting that too

i thought i mis-typed the url at first but then it happened again

so hopefully things will get fixed soon...

Looks like the domain expired. Another site down sad.gif

It's working fine for me.

@rubyshoes: You may still have the correct IP address for the site in your cache or in your ISP's name server.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

@rubyshoes: You may still have the correct IP address for the site in your cache or in your ISP's name server.

Could be smile.gif I'm just glad it works for me. It lets me add/delete and click eggs etc.

Indeed, that's good news, because it means it's only a domain issue, but the site itself and its database is still there!

That is good news smile.gif Hopefully Evina is able to fix the domain issue soon.

Couldn't you fog your eggs? That removes them from most hatcheries, including - I think - Draghatch.

It would be great if this was just a technical issue, but in the past when there were problems, the site was just down, and now it redirects to another site...

The funny thing, and the thing that makes me think it's NOT DragHatch, is that it refreshes to a DIFFERENT URL upon every refresh. Strange ! Hope they get it fixed soon!

>^,,^<

I went to dragcave wiki and draghatch is not listed anymore. Did it get shutdown ? I hope not I love this site.

It is still working fine for me.

Not for me, now that I see these posts (it isn't one of my go to sites...). Not only do I get "this domain is up for sale", but also a WOT warning saying the site has bad ratings for malware...

Not for me, now that I see these posts (it isn't one of my go to sites...). Not only do I get "this domain is up for sale", but also a WOT warning saying the site has bad ratings for malware...

Yeah. I think ruby eyes might be right and the only reason I still get to the site is it is still in my cache with the right address.

Long explanation:

The domain probably expired, as in, it was not renewed for another year. Usually, the domain hoster then re-routes such domains to its own domain parking site which offers the requested domain itself for sale along with various more or less questionable services. The site that gets the warnings is such a parking site, not DragHatch itself.

Now, a domain is just a pointer, like a street sign that says "this way to the site you want" where "this way" is an IP address of some physical computer with all the code and the database on it. That physical computer, the site's server, still exists, as we can tell because rubyshoes can still access DragHatch (probably because her computer or her ISP still "knows" the IP address somewhere in its cache).

The only thing that is gone is the street sign. We can only wait for Evina to return and renew the domain (re-make the old street sign) OR to tell us another address to his site (make a new street sign).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Yeah. I think ruby eyes might be right and the only reason I still get to the site is it is still in my cache with the right address.

It's in my cache too, though...

I know about the non-renewal thing- but the WOT warning is more troubling....

It's going to domain.dot.tk, NOT to domain.tk.... and thence to freedomains4all.tk, which has red warning and "a poor reputation based on user ratings"... Then it times out.

Domain registrars are somewhat like salesmen for used cars, I would say biggrin.gif

Okay, it's not just me. I just tried to get onto the site and got directed to try and update my mediaplayer. Thankfully I know how NOT to update things if my browser tells me, cause this looks like malware to me. Which makes me kinda depressed. I love this site to put my eggs on T_T