UchihaAce

Through Tooth and Claw...

Kreen looked over her shoulder at the boy and dragon.

"Don't mind her. She lost her memory over a fatal accident."

She told them.

"And Nyx, Kitsune lost her memory when the Stone dragon froze her and Zarazo- you remember, the Nebula hatchling? I don't know what to think."

Kreen patted his tiny head gentally.

((Edited... Oh, goody- dragons can speak!))

Xander took one look at the blank expression in the girl's eyes and almost laughed. The lights were on but no-one's at home he thought, trying not to grin. "No... May name's Xander, with an 'ecks'. This big mama behind me is Ruination- ruin by name, ruin by nature. A magma, in case you don't know." he said, smiling slightly. He walked closer; Ruination grumbled under her breath.

I am not clumsy! she protested, looking curiously at the vampire. Oh, a little biter! How sweet- so small and squishy. Can I squish it a little?

"No!" snapped Xander. "Remember what happened to the Mint?"

((Oh dang that must have been ugly... but tasty biggrin.gif Ace, can you reply?))

((Gotta go... Sees ya tomorrow! (For me...)))

Kitsune got up and put her hands firmly on the tree. "Tree." she memorized. She turned to face Kreen and pointed at her, muttering her name before noticing a puddle on the ground. She fell to the floor and splashed in it happily for a moment before noticing her reflection. She didn't recognize it at her own; her eyes had no shine to them at all, as if they lacked light. "Who's that?" She poked her finger into the water. The girl in the water poked back.

Zarazo sneezed a few blue sparks before bumping into the stone dragon.

K-K-KITSUNE?! He cried, running into a wall at full speed and skidding along it before reaching a tunnel. He dove into it, wings stretched out. He knew he had to find her, but he couldn't see at all.

Skyshriek growled and yelled, "Hey, you better get back here, right now!" The stone chased after the nebula hatchling, who was going towards the tunnel. She had to catch him now or there won't be anyone to replace the pgymy vampire traitor. Skyshriek breathed a deep breath and sprayed out rocks from her mouth ahead of the hatchling to try and injure him and weaken him.

(Can you please remove me from this RP? I've had a lot of fun and all, but I haven't been on these forums as much lately and every time I return I have no idea what's going on. Just thought I'd congratulate you on how popular this has become.)

((Sorry for taking time to post, guys! Between school and work(mangaka), I get on as much as I can!))

Kitsune stood up, the vampire scrambling up to settle in her pocket. She looked at the boy and the dragon with him curiously before stumbling towards her and gently hugging the magma dragon. "You're so warm..." she murmured, shivering violently. The rain was soaking through her clothes, and wasn't getting any thinner. Something pulled at her mind at that word, Zarazo...

...What was that...?

"...Can we go look for Zarazo?" she asked the black dragon slowly. "His name feels funny..."

Kreen's mouth curled into a smile.

"It feels funny, because you're linked to him. You're linked through dragon-rider mind forever. If he dies, you die. If you're petrified, you're pertified. Now, I think I remember the way to the Fang clan cave."

She flew up into the air, then motioned for her to follow. Then, she flew off to pursue Zarazo, and stop that Stone dragon.

((Hey, I had a funny thought. If Kreen's magic can undo petrified people/dragons, shouldn't she be able to resist being turned into stone at least a little bit?))

(That makes sense. :3 It wouldn't effect you as much, would it?)

Kitsune ran after the black dragon, eager to meet this mysterious Zarazo. What was dragon-rider, anyways?

Zarazo scrambled through the tunnels as quickly as he could, stumbling on the stones lying along the way. He was tempted to laugh when the Stone told him to stop. Yea, right. Like he'd actually listen to that. All that did was make him go faster, huffing and panting in the dark.

The stone dragoness ran faster than ever to keep up with the fleeing hatchling. Skyshriek snarled when the hatchling laughed at her, "You won't be laughing anymore when you get hit by stones and have lumps in your head." Then she started to spray more rocks and stones from her mouth everywhere around the nebula. She had to try and weaken him by hurting him badly, but not enough to kill him.

Zarazo cried out in pain as he was bashed into the wall by several stones, curling up on the floor and bleeding heavily. He kept himself from shaking; he figured that if he could play dead, the Stone dragon would leave him alone. He struggled not to cry as he was buried alive by stone after stone.

Kitsune ran faster through the forest before reaching a cavern. "Hello?" she called into it. Her voice echoed out several times before fading into the distance. There was a strong smell of death coming from within it...

((Urk. Writer's block. >/_\< Gaaah! Bluefeather left us. I'll miss them. ;/_\; That means Silver's up for grabs. Who wants him?)))

Edited by UchihaAce

Skyshriek went up to the pile of stones where the nebula hatchling lied under. "Heeheehee, I've got you now, you little twerp!" she said to him. Just as she was about to remove the stones and pick him up, she heard a familiar voice echoing in the cave and instantly knew who it was. "It's that human brat again! I'll take you as a hostage and make her leave this cave," the stone said. Then she grabbed the hatchlings from the stone and walked over to the entrance of the cave. When she got there, she saw the human and asked, "Well well well, if it isn't the little furless chimp who strayed right into the unauthorized area and stolen one of my clan's vampires.. Listen, I have a little friend of yours right here in my paws, who's dying to see you again." Then she held up the hatchling with her hand as she held him in a tight grip.

((Can I have him?))

Edited by Red Dragonette

((Sure! :3))

Kitsune stared at the hatchling blankly, something feeling funny in her mind. "I don't know this hatchling. But... Something feels funny when I look at him. Are you a friend of mine, too?" she beamed at the stone dragon and held out a hand to her.

Zarazo slowly opened his blind eyes and hung there, dumbfounded. How... Did Kitsune not know him? There HAD to be something wrong with her. If there wasn't... He began weeping silently. Something inside him hurt.

Skyshriek tilted her head to the side and asked, "You don't know him you say? Well in that case, I guess that means I'm free to keep him then." Then when the human asked if the stone was her friend, Skyshriek snarled, "A friend?! Listen here girl, I've never make friends with humans such as yourself all my life and I don't intend to now! Now you better leave this cave immediately or else I'll kill you!"

"Oh? Why's that?" Kitsune tilted her head to the side in confusion. "Why wouldn't you wanna have friends? Friends are fun! They make you happy and help you when you're sad or in trouble! Who's Human, by the way? Another friend?" Zarazo squirmed in the Stone's grip, struggling to break free.

Please, let me go. I don't get what we did wrong; we had Nyx first! Zarazo cried, eyes darting around blindly. Kitsune looked down at him and gasped.

"Oooh! Your scales are so sparkly... can I touch it?" Kitsune asked eagerly.

Edited by UchihaAce

"Because the only friends I have are the dragons in my clan, Fangclan!" Skyshriek told the girl, who then asked who was human. "You're human, little girl! Humans are evil creatures who destroy forests, hunt down dragons, and take over our habitats and put their buildings in its places. It's because of humans like you that we, the dragonkind, have to fight each other for food and shelter!" she angrily snarled. Then she looked at the nebula hatchling and said, "But we needed him as part of the vampire army to wage war against the humans. You, too, are going to be a part of it when the vampire dragons get back." The human girl looked at the hatchling and asked if she could touch his scales and Skyshriek roared, "No! You leave him alone and get out of the cave, its Fangclan's territory!"

"But I don't feel evil..." Kitsune murmured, looking down at her hands. She looked at the Nebula dragon in deep interest. Something was telling her to reach out and touch him... Something ached in her eye, and she reached up and pushed her hand against it. "Couldn't... There be an exeption to the evil? There's always an exeption." Nyx crawled out of her pocket and onto her shoulder, blinking slowly and stretching out his new wings.

I'm so thirsty... he moaned, ears drooping.

Zarazo felt something tugging at him. He had to touch Kitsune...

"You humans may not feel evil, but you still do these kinds of things to us dragons. And if you want an exception to evil, then why don't you kill yourself, that way there'll be one less human for Fangclan to deal with." Skyshriek said to the human. Then she noticed the pygmy vampire on the girl's shoulder and said to her, "Now this will be the last time I say this, but take that thing with you and leave. I swear if I have to spend another minute with you, I'll kill both you and that little reject!"

Kitsune's stared at her hand in disgust. Suddenly, she felt very cold. "...Killing myself would help...?" She turned around and slowly started trudging through the rain, not stopping or looking at anything directly. Nyx was struggling to no avail to pull her back with shouts of 'Master! Master!!' And tugging at her. Zarazo's eyed widened as he realized what was happening. He was going to...

N-No! Stop! WAIT! he grabbed at the claws of the Stone desperately, struggling for dear life. If she dies, I'll die too! We're useless without each other! W-WE'RE LINKED!

Skyshriek watched the human girl leave the cave before turning around to walk through the tunnel back to the vampire room. Then she felt the nebula struggling to get out of her grip and asked, "What is it now, brat?! The human's gone, so there's no chance of you getting rescued." Then the hatchling told her that he was linked, so that if the human dies, then he'll die along with her. "What the hell do you mean?" Skyshriek asked as she stopped dead in her track. She didn't quite understanding what the nebula was saying.

Edited by Red Dragonette

We're mentally bonded, he explained, So we must face everything together. Through tooth and claw, we must live on. If one of us is wounded, so is the other. We think each other's thoughts. And... We die together. As if to prove the point, a huge gash suddenly appeared on the nebula's side, making him writhe in pain. Blood poured out of the wound and leaked through the stone's claws, dripping onto the floor.

Kitsune cried out in pain as the gash in her side leaked blood, Nyx gaping in horror.

Stay out of the thornbushes, Master! he cried, chasing after her. You'll hurt yourself! She ignored the various cuts and gashes forming along her skin and continued walking forward, towards the spot she last saw Kreen.

Skyshriek noticed a huge gash has appeared on the hatchling's side. Nothing out of nowhere had harmed him, so he must've been right about the human and him being linked. "So if that human girl kills herself then Fangclan won't have a replacement vampire. I've got to stop her now!" the dragoness said to herself as she raced outside of the cave.

((Btw, when was Silver last seen?))

((I believe he was with that Pink dragon, back at the other cave, waiting for the others to return from saving Nyx))

In minutes, Zarazo was coated in cuts and scratches, along with several serious-looking gashes. He gasped and shook violently, from both pain and being terrified of his situation. You...He gasped again and coughed heavily. What will you do to us, if you find her?!

Kitsune trudged out of the bushes, leaving a neat trail of blood along the floor. Tge rain quickly washed it away as Nyx eyed it hungerly. He was so thirsty... He hopped onto Kitsune's shoulder and opened his mouth. One lick wouldn't hurt... He proceeded to lick most of the wounds on her upper arm dry, feeling slightly less thirsty. He craved more blood but was young enough to control it.

"Kreen?" Kitsune called out loudly. She couldn't remember the name of the boy... Had it started with an X? "X-guy?"