UchihaAce

Through Tooth and Claw...

"YOU HEARD ME! WE HAVE TO GET GOING OR ELSE THE BIG STONE DRAGON IS GOING TO COME BACK AND TAKE ANY HATCHLING SHE CAN FIND!! SHE IS GOING TO KILL YOU WE HAVE TO LEAVE!! " Vanlet was screaming at the top of her lungs to get the message through the human's skull "WE HAVE TO GO!! HURRY! "

Edited by TimeFlame

Vanlet started panicking she ran up to the young adult black dragon and said " you heard what I said to the human girl, right?? That stone dragon that you fault with is going to kill us all if she finds us we have to go to that Pure Pond place that Time was talking about, HURRY!" Vanlet was getting scared why won't they move! Don’t they get it? We are not safe here!

(I was on vacation ^^)

Kreen's eyes glittered madly when Time and a Black -Or what it seemed like- dragon came from the general direction of the Fang clan cave.

"Well then, we need to go, NOW!"

She and Myse said in unison. They started walking to where Time said was the direction of the Pure Pond and jerked her head in a motion to follow.

Arella sighed. It seemed once again her journey to nowhere in particular was being interupted. She picked up Haku and started walking, following the dragons. She'd come this far already; she wasn't about to put her hatchling in danger. Not when it belonged to her.

((sorry! I was on vacation... Atlantic City FTW!!! xd.png I'll edit this to make a post later~ gotta unpack))

(Sorry I couldn't reply yesterday, it was Memorial Day and we where having a BBQ. Did you have fun on your Vacation, UchihaAce??)

Time and Vanlet looked at each other smiling happy to see their friends going to safety. Time worried that they might get lost so she hurried to the front of Kreen and Myse and proceeded to lead "We need to keep going in this direction till night falls then from there we have to follow the blue glowing fireflies" Vanlet followed Time to the front but stopped next to Kreen looking up at the young mature Black Dragoness in armament Someday I want to be just like her and if what Time told me, while we were finishing the tunnel was true, then I my dream of being normal again might just be realized Vanlet wanted to introduce herself but she was too busy daydreaming to say a word.

Tamer Sheet

Username: Tariss (Hey, you can call me Tar, I don't mind ^^)

Name: Seth Zio

Dragon: Lun, a male Bright-Breasted Wyvern hatchling.

Description: For Your Viewing Pleasure

Personality: Seth likes to act like some angst-ed up teenager, but he's not really like that. He's more on the mildly hyper-active-crazy-yet-confusingly-intelligent side of things if you have the misfortune of getting close to him. Despite that, wrong him and you'll be in a bizarre situation even before you know what just happened- he likes his revenge served... weird.

Brief History: Seth was a mummy's boy, and lead quite a normal life as he grew up. He was fairly popular at school, and had a stable family. He even had intents of travelling to a bigger town to study something highly-regarded like medicine or jewellery-smithing. His sixteenth birthday came and went, and one day, Seth's father handed him a present wrapped delicately in cloth. Surrounded by his family and friends, the excited teen unwrapped the gift to find a dragon egg in his cluches. A deathly silence filled the room before his parents shut the windows and doors and calmly explained to him that they had been the equivalent of Tamers as adolescents and they wanted him to continue their work because they believed the state of the dragons was in dire need of help. Before he knew what was happening, Seth was on the road with a bag full of his closest belongings and a note in his hand: 'Farewell sweetie, and don't worry. We'll meet again soon.'

When he ran back, the house was abandoned.

((Greetings, mortals~

... and that is the last of my daily ability to form wit gone out the window. Oh well xd.png))

As Arella walked, following the others, she noticed a small path, leading back towards the forest. perhaps it lead back to the road. She looked down at Haku.

"we're getting out of here. This doesn't concern us."

She then placed haku in her bag, then put on her cloak, dodging away from the magma out into the rain. She ran for the safety of the trees, running down a hill towards the path. Then-

BOOM

The lightening and thunder ripped through the sky. Arella screamed in terror, and her boot slipped in the mud. She lost her footing, and suddenly she was tumbling down the hill, slipping and sliding through the mud as she tried to halt herself. She finally came to an ubrupt stop when she slipped into a ditch.

As Seth wandered aimlessly along a game-trail in the rain, he pondered about life. And the word 'meander'.

"It's such a strange word, isn't it Lun?" he said absentently to the little green dragon perched precariously on his shoulder, shrugging.

Lun rolled his eyes and deftly hopped to the other shoulder to avoid being knocked off by the movement, "Don't ask me. I'm not a walking dictionary." the hatchling wyvern settled back down and closed his eyes, trying to get his rest when he could. His 'friend' had a tendency to be a little hyper when the mood got to-

"Argh!" the green dragon suddenly shrieked and toppled roughly to the ground when Seth made a rapid movement and ran into the treeline. "... What the-" he was cut off in mid sentence when he saw Seth crouched over a figure in a ditch. He was frowning, something he didn't do very often- unless...

"It's a girl." Seth began, confused.

When Arella heard a voice above her, she opened her eyes and looked up, blinking through the rain. Up above, she could barely make out the figure of a male, with light coloured hair. She glared, struggling into a sitting position.

"who-"

BOOM

She screamed and curled up into a ball, protectively sheilding her head with her muddy arms. The thunder was getting louder, and the lightening was brighter. The storm was moving closer.

"STAY AWAY!" she yelled in fear, her voice choking up. She didn't even know who she was yelling at.

Seth tilted his head in visible confusion and puzzlement at first before flicking his gaze between both girl and the brooding sky. Raindrops pattered on his head, and he only just seemed to notice them for the first time- despite the fact that it had been raining for ages. Lun cautiously approached to stand just behind Seth's crouching body, but was dismayed when his shelter suddenly moved.

In a swift hop, Seth had leapt over her and settled himself down next to her, hugging his knees comfortably and humming a little tune to himself,

"It's just a bit of thunder," he said, sizing her up in one sweep. No weapons that he could see. Good. "I don't see why you're scared of thunder. It's not like spiders." he shuddered, then realized he hadn't introduced himself to the random stranger who could kill him,

"I'm Seth, by the way!"

Lun scurried over to him and leapt on to his lap, growling in distrust at the girl.

Arella shyly peeked from between her fingers, and spotted a little dragon sitting in the boys lap. This seth was a dragon tamer?

Ah! dragons!

"my bag!" she looked around frantically. She spotted it embedded in the mud a few feet away. She grabbed it and threw the cover open and brought out her own hatchling.

"haku! haku are you ok?"

"i'm fine..." Haku curled up in her hands, covering its eyes with its tiny paws, "just dizzy... Please watch where you step next time..."

"Right..." the raven haired girl smiled in relief and nodded. She brought the hatchling close and sheilded her beneath the waterproof cloak.

Edited by dgray-girl

Seth blinked, tracking her movements as she darted to retrieve her bag. Moments later, his confusion was solved as a tiny dragon was pulled out of the bag. He felt Lun inhale suddenly, and there was a scrabble of movement as the cat-sized hatchling rushed to untangle his small claws from Seth's shirt and make a beeline for the newborn.

"Another dragon!" the hope in his dragon's voice sent a small pang of guilt flying through his insides. He'd avoided company ever since Lun had hatched. The poor infant hadn't interacted with another dragon since that one encounter they'd had with a Whiptail. He absently rubbed a scar on his upper arm. It hadn't ended well.

As quickly as it had come, Seth shook off the negativity and the memories and got to his feet, ignoring the mud now covering his bottom half. He approached the stranger with his characteristic quick-footed strides and put his hand on the back of his neck in an almost nervous gesture. Almost. Seth never really got nervous.

"So, aren't you going to tell me your name? That's how introductions work, don't they?" a cheeky grin split his features.

"...Arella." She looked at her feet, wiping some of the mud from her face in embarrassment. "I'm sorry i yelled at you...i, uh, thought you were the storm."

Haku crawled onto the ground and approached the other hatchling, licking his nose.

"Hello bright one."

There was another flash of thunder. Arella shut her eyes and covered her ears, wincing as the loud boom resounded all around. this time, she was able to keep herself together.

Lun grinned widely, gambolling around the hatchling with all of the dignity of a dog. Seth glanced at him with a pleased rush of warmth before he addressed Arella.

"Huh, don't worry. People always think I'm a storm. I get used to it." he didn't pause to let the pure weirdness of what he just said sink in, and instead powered ahead, "People also think I'm a teddy bear. Don't ask me why." he shrugged, then appeared to think hard before wrapping his arms around Arella as she quaked with fear. He began humming again.

Arella tensed up, and she forgot about the thunder. She glared.

"what the hell are you doing?"

meanwhile, haku playfully swatted at its new companion.

Seth shrugged and let Arella go, taking a step backwards. He flashed her a prize-winning grin through a slightly unkempt and sopping wet fringe before replying in a matter-of-fact voice;

"Why, of course, I'm hugging you, silly!"

Without another word, he ducked down and began rummaging through the backpack he'd discarded at the edge of the ditch when he'd first discovered her. Several moments of furious searching later, he found what he wanted and pulled it out, presenting it to her, "Sandwich?"

Well, it wasn't really much of a sandwich. Seth had definitely (with an I, not an A) never been much of a cook, and the only manufactured food that he could get was stuff he stole- so the majority of the edibles -if they were edible- making up the offered meal were poor quality at best. Seth tried to look appealing.

Lun ducked the playful swipe and rolled away, letting out a childish giggle. "Haha! You can't catch me!" the young bright-breasted wyvern stuck out his tongue in the typical arrogance of his breed and shot off into the treeline, vaguely blue-tipped tail disappearing into the darkness.

"No thankyou." she said shortly. She picked up Haku and scrambled out of the ditch, her wet muddy dress sticking uncomfortable to her skin. She'd have to find a place to wash off in, but for now, she had to find shelter. She looked back at seth, who remained in the ditch.

"Are there any caves nearvye that are safe for travellers?"

The blonde teen shrugged when Arella refused his generous offer and shoved the whole sandwich into his mouth, chewing thoughfully. Suddenly, his chewing stopped and he scanned the area. Where was Lun? His thoughts were cut off by the young woman's question, and he had to concentrate hard to remember the layout of the land. Usually, Seth slept under the stars, so caves weren't a very prominent thing in his memories. One cave stuck out in his mind, though, and with a nod which he hoped looked a little dignified, Seth turned toward Arella and said gracefully;

"Mmmphh... Gurph... mmmphh." spitting crumbs all over her.

Too be honest, Seth now realized he had more pressing matters. His hatchling had escaped while his back was turned, and he didn't trust this area well enough to attempt calling him back. Instead of correcting himself to Arella, the young man finally swallowed his mouthful with a moment of laboured chewing, then turned away, peering anxiously into the darkness beyond the treeline.

"Lun?" he called quietly.

Arella wiped her face, disgusted and annoyed by the rudeness. Who on earth had taught him table manners? A wild pig?

She blinked, looking around.

"You dragon is gone..."

There are not many things on the world which scare Seth to the extent he was feeling at that instant. Only spiders, the Fang Clan and acid rain could chill the teen to his bones like that. As Lun's sudden disappearance fully sunk in, Seth found himself frightened. And alone.

Her words did not help, and for the first time in what must have been years- Seth actually snapped at another person.

"My dragon is gone, eh? You think? Of course I know he's gone! It's all your fault, as well!" he ran his hands through his hair in frustration and fixed her with a look that could have equated to a glare, "He's just a hatchling. He can't survive on his own: his poison spurs haven't even grown yet!" as he came to terms with what he just said, a look of shock flashed across his face and he spun away from her to frantically search the treeline again.

Arella felt like she had been slapped in the face; so thats what she did to Seth. Hard.

"Don't talk to me like that!" she practically yelled, eyes blazing, "i've put up with that stuff for most of my life! I did not run away from my own life to be yelled at by a complete stranger. Who the hell do you think you are?!"

She poked his chest hard with her finger, leaning in so her face was close to his. "I am a lady now treat me with respect! I will help me to that dragon if you show me to that friggen cave!"

Arella blinked, shocked by her own outburst. But just because she was shocked didn't mean she wanted to take it back. She was tired and hungry and wet and covered in mud.

Edited by dgray-girl

(( O_O My lord. I did NOT expect that.))

So shocked was Seth that he stumbled backwards from the the force of her finger-poking and fell into the mud. The mud was actually quite comfortable, so the teen just sat there in surprise, gaping up at Arella with eyes almost as big as dinner plates.

"Y-yes," Seth stammered, all traces of his previous outburst of emotions swept clear from his face, "I'll lead the way."

Casting concerned glances in her direction, Seth hurried to his discarded backpack and swung it on to his back, turning one last time to gaze worriedly into the darkness beyond the trees. As much as he was loathe to leave in case Lun returned, Arella was now added to his list of most-scary things: and that commanded an extremely high 'respect' from him.

Meanwhile, Lun wandered through the trees, angry at himself for running off so far. Seth must be worried for him now. Why didn't he think about the fact that the rain would wash his scent away so he wouldn't be able to find his way back? Skirting a fallen log, the young dragon cursed quietly to himself and tried not to let despair overrun his mind.

Edited by Tariss

Arella followed Seth into the trees, arms folded crossly across her chest. She seemed to have scared him into silence, and felt a bit guilty for it, but quite frankly, he deserved it. She'd apologise to him later. She looked around through the brush for the little hatchling, hoping he was ok. She'd never been fond of humans.

Humans lied, cheated and stole; animals didn't. animals said what they were thinking upfront. the dark eyed teen supposed dragons werent animals EXACTLY, but they were still more trustworthy then humans. She didn't want the little hatchling to get hurt.

"whats your dragons name again?"