UchihaAce

Through Tooth and Claw...

"I'm not quite sure..." Kitsune looked around as Zarazo climbed onto her head. "Zarazo's a male nebula hatchling. Nebula dragons have the best eyesight of any dragon species, able to see perfectly in light or dark, which is good for us. It's so dark down here... We could try these tunnels. It's really our only chance, the adults are bound to wake up soon..." Kitsune quickly darted into one of the many tunnels while Zarazo issued directions before falling into yet another hole. Kitsune rubbed her head where she had fallen and looked around before stopping suddenly. There wereeggs filling the cavern, half of which vampiric. Hatchlings that looked somewhat... Dead... Scattered the floor. Kitsune stared at them all in shock. So many vampires...

Kreen nodded. It'll be the only way. She gasped when Kitsune fell into the hole and flew down there only to be mystified by the lot of somewhat dead hatchlings and eggs. "What happened to these eggs and hatchlings?"

"They're vampire eggs... Urghh!" Kitsune clamped her hand onto her nose; the entire tunnel here reeked of rotting and decay. But she couldn't help herself... "I'm going to steal an egg or two..." she whispered, tucking two hatchlings into her rucksack. They didn't smell nearly as bad as the eggs. The hatchlings smelled like death. With a light coating of cinnamon. "All these other eggs here must be vampire chow. I don't really see how we can save them, but it's still pretty bad..." Kitsune began walking down the tunnel when an adult Vampire dragon stepped out of the shadows, glaring at her. It's skin was a light vanilla with red swirls running along it. A female...

"What is a human doing here...? And you two, hatchlings, you belong in the upper quarter nursery." Zarazo flicked his tail in dismay. How could he not have seen her?

(ill try)

"I live in a cave just a little farther up the mountain. I live with the Bloodbourne clan, but a devastating sickness has been going around, and I don't think it would be safe for an already injured dragon. We can, however, go to a cave that I use to store my own food and to have some personal time in. It isn't very large, but it will work." he told her

How did I get myself into this? he thought.

"Lets hurry!" he said as they were flying to the cave.

(Sorry, been busy on other sites. Currently suffering a horrible case of writers' block.)

As Leafclaw and the Guardian bought Silver to the Guardian's cave, Silver's own mind was in a trance. He was starting to come to but his mind was mainly dazed. He felt like he was swirling down a whirlpool, a torrent of pain and misery. In his mind but not for real - otherwise he could have slashed Leafclaw's snout off - Silver thrashed his limbs wildly, trying to find something solid to grasp.

"Someone help..." he mumbled for real. Leafclaw gasped.

"He's still alive! Come on; let's go!"

I will join.

Dragon Sheet

Username:shock691

Name:Darren

Species:Deep Sea Dragon

Clan:Sky

Description:This dragon had an unusual error in his genetic code. He had no scales, liked the sun and shallow water, and surfaced to breathe fire and hunt on land! Now this may not be odd to other dragons, but he was a deep sea dragon and he did not look or act like one. After years of teasing he finally grew to an adult. When he matured he left his family to live in the shallows of the water and on land he even grew feet and wings.

Personality:Even though he was teased he is very open to other dragons but somewhat frightened of some deep sea adults. He is playful and is always disappearing under the surface for a few seconds only since he hates the deep water. When in a dangerous situation he makes sense of the matter and stays calm.

Brief History:As an egg he was hidden from the others but not abandoned because of his different looks and acts. When he grew to a hatchling his parents could not keep him hidden and he was made fun of. He almost always went up to shallow water or to land in his free time. For years he was made of and he grew slower than the others so even adults were teasing him. Instead of growing fins he grew wings and legs. When he became an adult he decided to live near the surface and on land and then he ran away in the night.

Kreen hissed quietly but she still held her ground. She muttered, "For your information, i'm an adult now. I grew my wings and can fly with ease. I won't stand to be called a hatchling!" Even though Kreen was still young, she had grown into an adult Black dragon over time. Black dragons were supposed to be warriors! Kreen thought. But even if they attacked, they were only a human, a hatchling, and a young adult. The vampire would surely overpower them and possibly bite them.

The vampire snorted. How humerous. "An adult? Oh really...? I couldn't tell." She stalked over, taunting the Black. Then she decided to turn on the Nebula. "And a dragon hatchling as rare as a Nebula adoring a human. It's sickening, really..." She stopped just feet away from them all, glaring at the human. There were no words for Kitsune. It was obvious that she had lived for quite some time; her head nearly scraped the roof of the cave. "Just what is it that you all want? Awfully daring, coming to Fang Clan..."

The Deep Sea Dragon now fully grown and quite large stepped out from the shadows. He had his wings folded in a special camoflauge so no one could see them and it even looked like he had scales. "Let them be," he roared quite loudly. And even thrashed his tail and flashed his wings a bit. He walked over and stood in front of the group. "Stay behind me," he growled. "And also what are you doing here?" he asked.

The vampire flicked her tail in anger and gave the strange looking Deepsea dragon a quick bloody scratch. "That scent... You're from Sky Clan. What are you doing here, in Fang Clan territory? This is a direct violation of Clan treaties!" She let out a deep roar, making Zarazo yelp slightly in fear. Kitsune picked him up and hugged him, her body warmth comforting him. She looked back at Kreen and wondered if there was a way for them all to run away... But this Deepsea dragon... It looked... Wrong. There was something funny about it's scales, and it had legs. Was it deformed? How could it be on land? But it was trying to help them, so she pulled out a shuriken and braced herself. The vampire laughed. "A shuriken? Really? What, you're a ninja?" Kitsune shook slightly but held her ground. She was indeed a bit of a ninja's apprentice, but her skills were awful. She didn't want that to show, though.

The Deep Sea now completely enraged let out a bellow of anger. "I am here to protect them you do know that there is a water tunnel system under your caves don't you," he questioned, "or is that not your territory." He stepped closer to the Vampire Dragon and slashed her with his tail. Then he dove under the cave and came up under biting its leg and pulling it in to the murky depths. As it sank slowly to the bottom he climbed to the surface and began to tell the group his story.

Kitsune stared in awe as the water dragon quickly disposed of the vampire. He seemed to be about to say something. As she settled down to listen she felt something not right. At the back of her mind... Zarazo. She turned to see tha hatchling staring into the shadows in horror. The vampire was pulling herself out of the water, clearly annoyed. "This cavern, you ignorant little fool," she began, her temper rising, "is obviously Fang territory. You were not welcome here. LEAVE." At the word 'leave' a strange whistling noise came from her lips. It burned Kitsune's ears. Suddenly, dozens upon dozens of adult vampires appeared out of seemingly nowhere, the female smirking. "I'll be generous; you can all leave now and take that human with you, or you can be killed. We have plenty more warriors in our armada than just this." She glowed slightly, her wounds healing. Regeneration...

The Deep Sea still angry and becoming even more infuriated let out a sigh of disdain. "We had better leave now," he said "watch your backs they are not to be trusted for a second." As he got up with the others following him he reluctantly left the cave. "Keep very alert and watch yourselves carefully," he sighed "I will hold up the end." As they were walking he began thinking over the events that had happened in such a short time.

(Sorry, been busy on other sites. Currently suffering a horrible case of writers' block.)

As Leafclaw and the Guardian bought Silver to the Guardian's cave, Silver's own mind was in a trance. He was starting to come to but his mind was mainly dazed. He felt like he was swirling down a whirlpool, a torrent of pain and misery. In his mind but not for real - otherwise he could have slashed Leafclaw's snout off - Silver thrashed his limbs wildly, trying to find something solid to grasp.

"Someone help..." he mumbled for real. Leafclaw gasped.

"He's still alive! Come on; let's go!"

"What do I need to do? I'm not a paramedic you know." he said to her as he came back into the cave

He ran over to the Silver and put his ear to his mouth to see if he was breathing.

"Yep! He is alive! We need to act fast though, his breathing is really shallow." He exclaimed

Kreen lashed her tail angrily at the Vampire's remark but was indeed a little astonished. As we made our way out of the cave she was fuming at the vampire. One day...i'll show that snooty Vampire a thing or two... she thought. When i'm a little bigger...Kreen had a thought burst in her head. Kitsune knew stuff about dragons! Maybe she knew about black dragons? She would ask her later.

Kitsune skipped out along the forest, grinning happily and hugging Zarazo. It was nice to be back outside, and the faint smell of a fire smelled great... Had they cooked something? Zarazo beamed at Kitsune and nuzzled her arm slightly. "What happened to Silver?" Zarazo asked Kreen, "Was he looking after the other human or...?"

"Who is Silver?" the dragon asked. As the dragon came into view he realized who Silver was. He knew a little bit about healing magic but not much and did not think he could heal it. So he sat next to the dragon.

"Who is Silver?" the dragon asked. As the dragon came into view he realized who Silver was. He knew a little bit about healing magic but not much and did not think he could heal it. So he sat next to the dragon.

(wait, how did they all of a sudden get into the cave? They didn't know where it was and blue needs to reply to what we were doing with him. Read the earlier posts please.)

"What do I need to do? I'm not a paramedic you know." he said to her as he came back into the cave

He ran over to the Silver and put his ear to his mouth to see if he was breathing.

"Yep! He is alive! We need to act fast though, his breathing is really shallow." He exclaimed

(If you want we can pretend they reached the cave by now. I don't mind.)

(I guess we kinda have to...)

Kitsune ran to Silver, staring at the various burns on his scales. He looked more frail and delicate now than ever, it was as if he were made of glass... She pulled out a bottle of sunblock from her rucksack and smeared it onto Silver's scales, rubbing it onto the burns. "It won't help much," she admitted, "but it'll keep the sun from damaging them even more... Plus the aloe vera in it helps heal burns..."

(aww... I was hoping we could have him fixed already tongue.gif

one thing I don't get... how did they know where the cave was?)

Saliundur stared in shock as the other dragons came in to the cave.

"How did you get here?!?! No one knows about this cave!"

All of a sudden the little girl started to rub a strange substance on the Silver's burn spots.

"Stop! What are you doing!?!? He's already in an unstable condition, and now you might have made it worse! We don't know what effect that might have on a Silver dragon!"

Kitsune stared at the strange guardian dragon for a moment. "It's not medical or anything," she said, "the sunblock acts like a shield to reflect harmful UV and Infrared radiation from the sun. It keeps you from getting burns. Then the aloe vera helps to heal burns that already happened. It couldn't possibly hurt... The scientific notation of it all adds up, and a Silver shouldn't be negativly effected..."

As they made their way into the cave, Kreen stared in shock at Silver's fragileness. He looked, well, fragile! She slowly fanned her wings over Silver just in case he was over-heated from the fire. "Kitsune...while we're here...do you know anything, about Black dragons?" She implied.

Kitsune stared at Kreen; her question had taken her by surprise. "Sure I do, I know plenty on black dragons... Umm... Why?" Zarazo, seeing Kreen, eagerly began fanning his wings over Silver as well. It was too bad that he was so eager that he had scratched Silver a few times. Kitsune scooped him up and scolded him lightly.

"No reason...just curious..." Kreen tilted her head deep in thought. Did Black dragons have any special...abilities? Attributes? She sighed. She had to settle for her small size. She was small even compared to other Black dragons, she thought about the one she had tracked to the Fang Clan cave. Yep, she was definitely too small.

Edited by rainpeltstar