Gsea

Warrior Cats Books!

what is your opinion on the warrior cats series?  

394 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think if you read BP before the first six, then yeah, the first six WOULD be boring, because you already know almost the whole story.

All Erin is doing now is streching the series out to earn more money. She can't even write the books herself now. Just end the series already! I got sick of waiting and gave my Dovepaw/Ivypwa centered books away and I'm going to read what the rest are about on Wikipedia when they come out.

And the first series was the best, I agree, though Jayfeather is my favorite character.

I also think I read on Wikipedia or something that there might be another series after OoTS. O.o I may be wrong but then again, you never know, so DON'T quote me and DON'T take my word for this. :3

I've read every one of them and started a roleplay forum devoted to the sereies (link in my sig). i can't wait for night whispers to come out

and by the way erin hunter does not exist. she's the penname of two collaborating writers who decided to have a pen name to make sure all the books were filed in the same place

Edited by wildwindflower

and by the way erin hunter does not exist. she's the penname of two collaborating writers who decided to have a pen name to make sure all the books were filed in the same place

Isn't it three collaborating authors? If you include Holmes, who just oversees the series.

Anyways, yeah, the original series of Warriors was pretty good. I like Warriors for the worldbuilding and how the multitudes of characters are portrayed, but I think Erin Hunter's dragging it out a bit. I stopped reading at OOTS, partly because I can't get my paws on 'em and also because I've grown a bit bored. I don't really like Dove or Ivy, kinda wish Holly was the third.Just die already, Firestar...

EDIT: Messed up coding, and spoiler'd some stuff.

Edited by ShaydraSilversky

Isn't it three collaborating authors? If you include Holmes, who just oversees the series.

Anyways, yeah, the original series of Warriors was pretty good. I like Warriors for the worldbuilding and how the multitudes of characters are portrayed, but I think Erin Hunter's dragging it out a bit. I stopped reading at OOTS, partly because I can't get my paws on 'em and also because I've grown a bit bored. I don't really like Dove or Ivy, kinda wish Holly was the third.Just die already, Firestar...

EDIT: Messed up coding, and spoiler'd some stuff.

There's Holmes, Baldry, and Cary, and a fourth one who joined the 'team' whose name I can't remember, so there's actually four. Although I'm not sure the fourth one works so much on Warriors as Seekers...idk anymore, there's too many. DX

All McLoughlin (spelling?) does is make pretty book covers. xd.png He doesn't contribute to writing.

that's why i said that he was the illustrator...?

hm...on a different topic...I think we've touched on it, but I want to see what the other new people that joined this discussion think about it:

SkyClan's desitny....what did you think about it?

Just wonering because I'm about to read it. I want to know what to think before I read it so that I could have another opinion to compare mine to.

It was AWESOME.

SPOILER

Leafstar ended up being mates with a daylight-warrior. O.O And what kind of a name is Billystorm? Or Harveymoon or Macgyver!? WTF, man!?

End spoiler.

It was really good. Nice to learn about a Clan aside from Thunder. xd.png

I FINISHED IT! biggrin.gif It was AWESOME. But I didn't like her choice for mate. Seriously? HIM?! Why not...Sharpclaw (well, no, maybe not...) or...Sparrowpelt! Seriously!

Good idea. Lots of new characters introduced, though lots of old ones too xd.png

Leafstar needs some naming lessons. Maybe it's onlybecause I'm a fan of the old names, though.

I like the surnames "claw" "fur" "pelt" "song" "gaze" "storm" "heart"

Not really the new more creative ones "leap" "cloud (well I guess this one is alright)" "feather" "light" "stripe"

Seriously.

SPOILERS.

At the end she names the four kits as warriors in the manga that's, like, an exclusive section in the book (like at the end when they give previews of other books)

Their names are: Plumwillow, Creekfeather, Rabbitleap, and Nettle___(forgot this one)

Seriously...What kind of surname is WILLOW for her? Feather?

I mean, I guess I don't mind them used in some context, but what kind of names are PLUMWILLOW and CREEKFEATHER? They MAKE NO SENSE.

Never heard of the ending "song" or "gaze" and "cloud" and "feather" and "stripe" are alright. Graystripe!?

I guess. but still...what's with the "leap"? "feather" is to be used after BIRD NAMES AND NOTHING ELSE. espeically not after creek. lol.

ECHOSONG. ECHOSONG. The SkyClan MED CAT. It's a pretty ending. I like it for a number of things-- Dawnsong, Flamesong (thoguh i prefer other endings for Flame), Embersong...

Gaze is useful for cats with special colored eyes. I LOOOVE GREEN EYES! So for example, Leafgaze. A cat with green eyes.

Cloud is cool. yeah.

Orite, Echosong. ^^" But it's never been used before in other Clans, has it? So Leafstar was just making that up?

...or was that Firestar? /bad memory

It was Firestar. It's a pretty ending, I'm planning on using it in the future ^^

But honestly. ____fire is a bad ending (Leafstar uses it, I won't tell who it belongs to for sake of spoilering it but... honestly, it happens within the first ten pages of the book.

No, I mean in relation to the FIRST name.

what kind of name is Bouncefire

Honestly. Seriously. how about storm or something? that would sound better!

But I do like Stunningfire. Very nice name.

I love em, read each one as they come out, there's a new one about skyclan! biggrin.gif yay! it's one of the suoer books, it's called skyclans destiny or something...

i read that when it first came out. it was pretty good. I want a sequel though... and Nightwhispers

I can't wait for Night Whispers! 8D Only like a month or so to go until it comes out!

@Darkangel: I agree, because Bouncefire was a weird name, especially for a warrior.

Edited by Infinis