Dr. Paine

Description comments

So, being new to descriptions, i tried to make a fun one for my zombie....

D'n'D, as his owner fondly calls him has never understood why other dragons run from him. The dragon would wonder if he needed cologne, or if his breath was bad. Due to being left alone for smelling so badly, he has taken up gardening around his tombstone at night, his favorites are mushrooms.

I dont know who said It of course but i got a

Accept: I resent your clished opinion of gamers tongue.gif -H

And i feel really bad. I meant to make a joke about him smelling bad because hes a zombie[\i]. Not as gaming. And growing things as a plants vs zombie joke (couldnt do sunflowers as zombies areonly nocturnal). Sad face. Sorry, if that person sees this. Thats what i meant.

D'n'D, as his owner fondly calls him has never understood why other dragons run from him. The dragon would wonder if he needed cologne, or if his breath was bad. Due to being left alone for smelling so badly, he has taken up gardening around his tombstone at night, his favorites are mushrooms.

I haven't seen the description on the site yet. I suggest putting a comma after "fondly calls him", badly -> bad, "at night, his favorite items being mushrooms" or "at night. His favorite items are mushrooms".

I'm sure that wasn't meant as an insult. Zombies smell, and coincidentally, this one's called "D'n'D". smile.gif Huh, that looks like a really odd face when it's in quotation marks.

So, being new to descriptions, i tried to make a fun one for my zombie....

I dont know who said It of course but i got a

And i feel really bad. I meant to make a joke about him smelling bad because hes a zombie[\i]. Not as gaming. And growing things as a plants vs zombie joke (couldnt do sunflowers as zombies areonly nocturnal). Sad face. Sorry, if that person sees this. Thats what i meant.

Hey girlgamerjen smile.gif

I wasn't insulted or you would have gotten a different smiley wink.gif I don't find that particular gamer cliche (or most of them) particularly funny but for a zombie it's a very funny description. So don't worry about every little comment - the description itself was fine.

(Although I would listen to tabs corrctions, as native speakers ten to spot more tiny littl mistakes laugh.gif)

Hey girlgamerjen smile.gif

I wasn't insulted or you would have gotten a different smiley wink.gif I don't find that particular gamer cliche (or most of them) particularly funny but for a zombie it's a very funny description. So don't worry about every little comment - the description itself was fine.

(Although I would listen to tabs corrctions, as native speakers ten to spot more tiny littl mistakes laugh.gif)

Oooo, i didnt even think of the D'n'D part. I didnt wanna write out his whole name (death and decay victim) as it seemed so formal, and cumbersome (and was a warcraft nod).

And those spelling/grammar bits were changed. =)

Ha ha! I like Owl City now. smile.gif Some critics think that people who love puns should get a life. But everyone knows that you should never bring a life to a pun fight. Speaking of puns and music, by the way, a judge gets clever.

That is the best thing I have ever read in my entire life. That judge deserves a medal! I've seen Beatles references inserted cunningly into things before, but never quite that many - I admit I didn't know at least half of those songs xd.png A die-hard Beatles fan and a true artist at punning.

Awaiting Moderation wants only one thing: approval from a higher authority. However, being permanently stuck as little more than a newborn hatchling, his peers constantly ignore him, putting him off in favor of paying attention to more important dragons. To him, the worst part is the complete lack of acknowledgement. Even a flat out rejection would make him happy, as long as he gets some attention.

Accept: A review dragon biggrin.gif -H

Accept: Aw! Poor guy. --lw

Accept: Hehehe. Hope the mods see him quickly! smile.gif

Accept: D'aww, I'd love to hug him now

Accept: I'm tempted to Reject this as a joke due to the last sentence, but I can't bring myself to do that. smile.gif ~D

lineage

Edited by TVTD

With no descrips in the queue I thought I'd share the comments on the latest bunch...

Count Chocula (Vampire s1 hatchie):

Count is the most ferocious and evil Vampire of the clan. There's no breakfast safe from him, and he devours anything sweet without remorse. Count stays up the whole night in fact just to be the first dragon to eat of the special treats only available to the "early-bird" dragons, and he almost never leaves something for the other hatchlings and certainly not for the adults.

He's a regular cereal killer.

Only had time for one Accept: /me dies of laughter -lw before approval.

Tracy Chapman:

Tracy is one of the more rebellious members of the Moonsilver Artists' Association. She is not content writing and performing powerful songs, she has a sharp eye for grievances and she denounces them loudly and clearly. She spends more time touring the lands of other clans than most other members of the MAA and because she names every evil she sees, her life is pretty dangerous for an artist. Wherever she goes and finds unjust rulers or tyrants she opens the eyes and ears of her audience. And after she leaves, they're still talking about a revolution.

Accept: This is brilliant! Unfortunately I had to Google Tracy Chapman DX I fail when it comes to musical knowledge. ~ Draco

Accept: *giggle*

Accept: No mistakes that I can see. ~D

Don't worry Draco, just look at her mate Bob Dylan's comments:

Dylan is probably the most variable member of the Moonsilver Artists' Association. Every time the other dragons think they have figured him and his music out, he changes styles completely. Some are offended by this and see it as inconsistency or treachery and only ever refer to one of his creative periods as the "real" Dylan. But the members of the MAA and other open-minded dragons are rewarded with a new and terrific experience every couple of decades.

Accept: Strange.

Accept:

Accept: * doesn't know who Bob Dylan is* ~D

The "Country Roads* lineage as far as its described by now has gathered:

Shenendoah River - Accept: Yay for speedy corrections! Your dragons make procrastinating worth it xd.png -Hawk

To the place - Accept: Wow. Really deep Herk. Great descrip! -Hawk

Where I belong - Accept: Whatever does 'vernissages' mean? *V

Accept: I love the rich language you use. Your descriptions may be short but they're very interesting to read. Great job on this! -Hawk

Older than the Trees 3 - Accept: Is this... Herk? It is! This is beautiful. -Hawk

Accept: Lovely! ~D

Younger than the mountains - Accept: Well to start out, Frau Young, you should probably think of the unicorn as a he or she. Unless that's what the unicorn wants. -T

Country Roads: Accept: "naked mammals" best part ) travelling-> traveling. No other mistakes, grate job -Occ

Accept: Hee hee, "naked". * is childish* ~D

Take me home - Accept: Looks like she has a good home - Occ

Mountain Momma - Accept: "Mother knows best" Very nice -Hawk

Thanks for all the nice comments. Welcome occ (travelling is Britishe spelling wink.gif)

Irisz the Genderconfused

Irisz is a very not-confused-at-all dragoness. She's very, very sure that she is in fact female and that she likes other females. She sometimes spends time under a spell that allows her to be temporarily male, because she wants offspring with her partner. And she's confident enough in her identity that she can easily deal with these short episodes.

It's the other dragons who sometimes get confused and therefore call her by her non-fitting nickname.

Accept: I find this hilarous, Genderconfused

Accept: Girl power! --lw

Accept: Haha, another ironic name from the wonderful Herk! And also the second homosexual dragon description I have seen in a row.~ Draco

Accept: Nice Description, glad she can use her magic to help her ~brair

Accept: Great job! ~D

Reject:

Accept: Good Job ✔

Hi random reject - I missed you *waves*

Ursula is, objectively speaking, a pretty ugly dragoness. But she has one thing many of the shy and pretty Moonstone or White females miss: she has a self-assuredness that seeks its equal. When Ursula sees her reflection, she doesn't see the excess weight or the imperfect spots on the scales of her face: she sees a perfect dragoness with charisma and desires. A dragoness every dragon should call himself lucky to have.

So although Ursula is chubby and sometimes a bit mean, she had no trouble finding a mate, and she couldn't care less what others think about her and Irisz.

Accept: Dammit dragon, gimme some of your self-confidence. -T

Accept: Rock on, dragon girlfriend.  --lw

Accept:

Accept: Fantastic job! ~D

And their daughter:

Thanks to some magic spells, Heather was the first egg to be conceived by two dragonesses. There is nothing really unusual about her otherwise, and she grew up to become a healthy, friendly student at Delirium's academy. Most members of the clan like her just fine and only a few make a big fuss about the fact that Heather has two mommies.

Accept: I should've seen the last bit coming

There were more - will edit later. And took out smileys because forum...

For my ND,

Fricai is insane.

While crippled and frail due to his neglect and abuse as a hatchling, this dragon is a fierce and vicious predator. His insanity has resulted in his instincts mixing with his common sense, causing him to attack anything and everything that fears him as if it was prey. The only way to force him to let up is to strike back and overpower him. Fricai has a high tolerance for pain, and so will continue to attack even after he has been injured.

The only calming presence to quell this beast is the Shadow Walker, Shadow Version 27. Despite their sudden confrontation upon meeting, Shadow did not back away from Fricai, instead choosing to speak to the other dragon as an equal. Since then the two have become friends, though Fricai still has trouble keeping his violent urges in check. In his more lucid moments, Fricai has displayed a quick if guarded mind, and sage advice in warning Shadow from trusting blindly. Shadow is the only living creature that Fricai is truly loyal to.

Accept: And if he does go mad while his buddy is around, Shadow can always just step into the shadows...

Accept:

<3

So I created a description for Zorfan that has some comments I love laugh.gif

Zorfan is the well known drummer for the "The Higher We Fall", a band which is only recently getting locally popular among dragons. The band itself has designed "dragon friendly" instruments so their love for music wouldn't stop by just hearing humans play. He is aware the lead female singer, a Moonstone dragon named BrightOpal, has a crush on him. However, he refuses to make a move because he knows the lead male singer, an Ember dragon named Coldcoal, also likes BrightOpal. So for now he remains the silent drummer he's always been. His band is also made up of:

A Royal Blue who is a "softer male singer" named Orpheus Ice

A Hellfire Wyvern who plays the "strings" named Zorajina

A Golden Wyvern who plays the more unique instruments named Golden Goldest

And a Dark Myst Pygmy who plays the "wind" instruments named Lil' Print 

The band knows Zorfan as the calm, mellow, not too outspoken type. Yet when asked, he can give quite surprising advice. Because of this he is second in charge.

Accept: Jack Black said: NO DRUMS! NO DRUMS! -H

Accept: I suspect that her missing second head is also an obstacle for him wink.gif

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Nice Description, love the idea of a dragon band :3

Accept: Interesting. ~D

I just posted a description, and immediately got a comment. I edited the description to clarify based on the comment, and immediately got the same comment, again! So, here is

The Shadow

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of dragons... The Shadow knows!"

Leader of the Verdant Shadow Walkers, The Shadow has settled his kin in the forest on the ridge east of the Mint Garden. This allows him the perfect location to watch over the community, and see the comings and goings by trail or river. Often alone, even among his kin, he does not fear the other Verdant dragons, rather watching over them and righting the wrongs he sees. Justice is meted out swiftly, with the bewildered offender at the mercy of the formless mist that cloaks The Shadow's solid grasp. When the guilty one understands the error of their ways, they are released, usually with a lingering terror of the shadowy judge.

"The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Crime does not pay... The Shadow knows!"

User Comments

Accept: *understand* Otherwise nice smile.gif -H

Thank you, Herk! <3 I think there is a little disconnect in our interpretations of the subject-verb agreement, though. As I learned it, many understand but one understands. Does that helps clarify my use of "understand" in the description?

And, as I've wished before, I really want question marks available for use in our descriptions!

I just posted a description, and immediately got a comment. I edited the description to clarify based on the comment, and immediately got the same comment, again! So, here is

The Shadow

User Comments

Accept: *understand* Otherwise nice smile.gif -H

Thank you, Herk! <3 I think there is a little disconnect in our interpretations of the subject-verb agreement, though. As I learned it, many understand but one understands. Does that helps clarify my use of "understand" in the description?

And, as I've wished before, I really want question marks available for use in our descriptions!

You're completely correct I misclicked actually. I resubmitted the comment as I thought you hadn't seen it the first time, but actually you worked in a different correction so now *understands* is correct. Sorry for the mis-click *is ashamed*.

You're completely correct I misclicked actually. I resubmitted the comment as I thought you hadn't seen it the first time, but actually you worked in a different correction so now *understands* is correct. Sorry for the mis-click *is ashamed*.

Don't be ashamed. You are an inspiration with your dedication, your positive attitude, your willingness to learn and to teach. Be you, and unashamed! biggrin.gif

Don't be ashamed. You are an inspiration with your dedication, your positive attitude, your willingness to learn and to teach. Be you, and unashamed! biggrin.gif

Thanks for understanding.

I'l try to stay that way then biggrin.gif *feels loved* wub.gif

You are loved, Herk! I just responded to your correction on the use of 'English' in this description:

After seeing the cave's Vocaloid Dragons rising in popularity, The Dramatic Song decided to write a song of her own to try and achieve stardom. Unfortunately she was unable to think of anything to write about. Then she hit upon a bright idea: she would write a song about the fact that she wasn't very good at writing songs, make sure that it sounded really dramatic, and then find dragons that didn't speak her language to sing it to. Her strategy has proved mildly successful; as she actually sings, "This song sounds dramatic but I'm bad at writing words. If you don't understand it, this probably sounds pretty good." When anyone asks her what the words mean, she always tells them that a perfect translation does not exist, but that it's basically about fifty billion rainbows and the sun and the moon setting at the same time. Although OMG A Double Rainbow is rather a fan of Dramatic's due to this last point, the other Vocaloids are not fooled and refuse to let her join their clan.

•Accept: Yay for corrections smile.gif -H

•Accept: This is so extremely awesome. ~D

Yay for corrections indeed! And thanks Dimar, but the question is (as always): Did you see what I did there? xd.png I love making references to the various fandoms which constitute my life and then watching to see how many people get them in the comments. Usually none!

Everyone loves Herk! wub.gifBut she's MY wife, so watch out!

Yay for corrections indeed! And thanks Dimar, but the question is (as always): Did you see what I did there?  xd.png I love making references to the various fandoms which constitute my life and then watching to see how many people get them in the comments. Usually none!

Nope, I didn't get the reference. I rarely do, and then I would probably mention it in my comment. wink.gif

Some more for that Magi

Learned in the magical arts, Harth insists on proper ceremony when any spell-casting is to be performed. He will always insist on petty details being done exactly as he reckons that they should be, even though it makes no difference in the slightest as to the end result of the spell. He especially dislikes Black dragons, regarding the quick, dirty and above all practical magic that they use for hunting and fighting as not being proper magic at all.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept: Heh! A Dragon of the Golden Dawn! I love it. --lw

Accept: *dirty, and ~D

Accept:

Why do I need a comma before the and? I don't follow that Golden Dawn reference

Some more for that Magi

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept: Heh! A Dragon of the Golden Dawn! I love it. --lw

Accept: *dirty, and ~D

Accept:

Why do I need a comma before the and? I don't follow that Golden Dawn reference

You don't. It's a stylistic thing. Some people prefer to do it that way but it's not wrong to leave it out.

I personally prefer to leave it out

btw does anyone know who lw is?

xd.png I'd add it!

lw = lwoodcock, also known as rinsie.

Sweet Spirit Healer is one special lady dragon. She has numerous dragons in her ancestry who suffer from Partial Death Syndrome - in layman's terms, zombies. Despite the supposed blight on her ancestry, Sweet Spirit Healer is a gentle soul who heals wounds of the mind for other dragons.

I got a comment that said "I love your PDS idea - mind if I borrow it someday? -". Didn't see who said it. But all I can say is.. feel free! I'd love to see more zombie love out there. <3 <3 <3

I got a comment that said "I love your PDS idea - mind if I borrow it someday? -". Didn't see who said it. But all I can say is.. feel free! I'd love to see more zombie love out there. <3 <3 <3

That was my comment. I love to reference things in my descrips I like and from time to time that's other's descrips. But only of course with permission smile.gif

So thanks for giving it, I'll see when a dragon pops up that absolutely needs the Partially Dead Syndrome biggrin.gif

Edit:

Some of the last batch I wanted to share.

Lil' Petra Oleum:

Petra believes she is the most special hatchling in the whole cave and that nothing could be done without her. But despite all the things that had to happen to make her hatching possible and besides the great energy she possesses, she also leaves behind a huge mess everywhere she goes and she smells.

Accept: Quirky and cute.

I guess it was a bit much to ask for people to recognize the comment on fossil fuel.

Flawless Caesaris Nimal 6:

Caes is one of the most arrogant and full-of-herself dragonesses in all the clan. She thinks she can do no wrong, and every time she makes a mistake of some sort, she blames another healer for it, berating her poor colleague for something she did.

If it wasn't for her talent in cosmetic healing magic and Pax's incredible patience, the other healers would have thrown her out of the healing cave a long time ago.

Accept: What would I give for their patience...

Me too...

Goldloeckchen is a pretty, young dragoness, who never listens to anyone. One of these days that will get her in trouble for sure.

Accept: She may run into bears, uncomfortable chairs, and cold porridge! =O ~D

For those who don't get the commet - Goldloeckchen is German for Goldilocks.

Happy is a loyal but not too bright young dragon. He enjoys spending time with his friends, looking out for them. Anything more than that goes over his head, but he enjoys the feeling that he keeps his friends safe. For him that's enough.

Accept: Short, but sweet. ✥A Mysterious Visitor✥

Thanks biggrin.gif

ADH - Oh look shiny CB:

Shiny gets distracted easi... - Oh he's hungry and wants to eat berries. Shiny loves berries. Gooseberries are hi... - Geese are interesting birds. They make for great guard... - Guardian dragons frighten Shiny a bit. They are always so severe and earne... - Earnest is a funny human nam... - Name three kinds of drago... - Shiny likes kind people. They are nice to hi... - oh there, just behind him there's something movi...

Accept: I suspect it's a dragon trying to get him to shut up. xd.png *V

I also had someone complain that this wasn't in first person...

Tautology likes to make sure she gets her meaning across. To that end, she often repeats herself or explains things that are self-explanatory. She talks about small Pygmies, night-active Nocturnals and colourless Albinos. She also often utters platitudes like "he'll be there, when he'll be there" or "one lives until one dies" and thinks they are pearls of great wisdom. Well at least no one can prove her to be wrong.

Accept: She ought to join the Tautology Club. The number one rule of Tautology Club is the number one rule of Tautology Club. -T

Accept: Tautology Club is the best club because Tautology Club is the best club. -T

Accept: Hehe, cute. Colourless Albinos are my favorite Albinos. *V

Obviously the second one after a resubmit, because of a comma correction.

I also got :

Accept: so...many...descriptions o_O, you must have many ideas -Occ

on one description.

Well occ - I try, but a lot of those come from references or weird side commentaries in the descripdoom channel smile.gif

If I haven't posted your comment here it's probably because I haven't seen it because of approval (or because it's one of the ones I lost due to being to stupid to c&p.

There are still 2 or 3 oldies but goodies and of course some currenrt descrip comments I have yezt to share - so I will be back biggrin.gif

Edited by herk

Well occ - I try, but a lot of those come from references or weird side commentaries in the descripdoom channel smile.gif

Now it makes sense biggrin.gif Also that comment was from me laugh.gif

The descripdoom channel? A PM with it please?

Like his mate Nugget In A Biscuit and his friend The Dramatic Song, Nugget Biscuit has a reputation for being one of the more eccentric dragons in the cave. He is obsessed with singing about nuggets and biscuits, whatever they are, and he and his mate drive the other dragons crazy by singing "Nugget biscuit nuggetinabiscuit!" over and over again. No-one knows why, but for some reason Halloween Batchicken always makes sure to steer well clear of them.

•Accept: You made me giggle biggrin.gif -H

•Accept:

•Accept: Yep, another reference that doesn' get. smile.gif ~D

Accept: I want a nugget in a biscuit now. I don't even know what nugget it is, but I want one.

The last one made me laugh xd.png It's a chicken nugget - that's why Halloween Batchicken avoids this dragon!

to find out what I've been going on about, since no-one seems to have got my references...

Oh, and I might as well explain my other recent descriptions:

Edited by dracopenguin

•Accept: You made me giggle biggrin.gif -H

•Accept:

•Accept: Yep, another reference that doesn' get. smile.gif ~D

Huh. My comment was supposed to say "Yep, another reference that Dimar doesn't get." I seem to be missing words and spelling things wrong all the time now... Silly me. huh.gif

Santa Paula was raised among a group of her type and moved out after her wings had fully developed. Her new family, a huge assortment of dragons, don't tolerate the hellfire wyvern demeanor. Their strength in numbers always beating her viciousness, Santa Paula had to either learn to be nice or remain in solitude. To her delight, she met a bronze-colored dragon who didn't seem to mind doing whatever she wanted, and for a while, she'd singe and snap and boss him around, while he patiently obliged. Confused again by the conspicuous lack of passive aggressiveness, Santa Paula eventually decided that "all that fiery abuse on a moron like Char-Face isn't worth the energy" and mellowed down a great deal, even toward other dragons. She and that particular male are together often, though one would be hard pressed to have her admit that she likes him quite a lot.

Accept: *wyvern's demeanor ~D

Accept: Ok ~G_L

Admittedly, this is one of those 'boring' descriptions.

By "hellfire wyvern demeanor" I mean the attitude of most of them, the typical hellfire wyvern demeanor, rather than just hers. Should I say "typical" or put in the apostrophe-'s'?

Who's G_L? Um... General Laziness. Golden Lark. Goat Loogie. Grave Lard.

Yakety Sax likes instrumental music so much that she decided to build her own instrument to play. She chose brass for its color, sheen, and waterproofness, and with the help of a fire breathing dragon, molded it into a curved tube with valves and bits of metal to press. After many years and iterations, she became the proud owner of a working musical device with a three-octave range. The fingerless dragon has to use magic to press every key, especially when her favorite songs to compose and play are fast-paced. She hobbles around human settlements with her instrument slung over her shoulder, and if she spots humans running, she follows them, playing the same busy, humorous song until they reach their destination or slow down.

Accept: i don't think waterhorses can prefrorm magic... maybe she could have a magical dragon make the it so she could play it some other way? i do like this desription, though

Nope, nope! I'm sticking with my opinion that all dragons have magic unless their description says otherwise. I mean, telepathy is magic, right? smile.gif

Edited by dirtytabs