Rally Vincent

Change paragraph formating in descriptions

If we look at a Dragon's individual cave, all paragraphs of the dragon's breed description have a blank line between them. This looks neat.

Approved user descriptions do not have blank lines between paragraphs, like this:

user posted image

which makes the result look weird. In my opinion, paragraph seperation should be coherent. It should look like this:

user posted image

Currently, I help myself by building my own seperator by

Paragraph A
Paragraph B

but I had description comments from mod(s) telling me to change that.

Therefor, I suggest that paragraph seperation on user descriptions will be changed to have a blank line like the breed description has.

Edited by Rally Vincent

Previously I had the same thought, but then I realized that it is for viewers to identify different parts of the dragon's page.

user posted image

As shown in this image, if there is a complete line space between paragraphs of user-written description, one can no longer easily tell that they belong together.

I do, however, support a small-but-noticible spacing between paragraphs of use-written description just to make things less ugly.

Edited by CNR4806

I don't know why you group dragon's communication from general dragon information... how they communicate is part of 'general' dragon information, isn't it?

User descriptions also have seperate blocks of information - that's what paragraphs are for (to seperate those blocks). They should be formatted in the same way as any other paragraph.

Edited by Rally Vincent

If you insert a blank line yourself, it should work. I believe I've checked descriptions that did that and it worked fine. I personally don't want them to auto-separate because then people like me can't have them together, whereas now, people who do and don't want them to separate should be able to submit a description that works for whatever style they want.

And if that comment was my comment, I wasn't saying you had to remove, just suggesting that you do a blank insert yourself, as I didn't think the period was necessary. ^^ (Sorry if my wording sucked - it wouldn't be necessary for approval. It's your own choice and what style you like. D: )

If someone wants to double check if a blank line will work, PM me to corroborate (submit your description and poke me, lol).

If you insert a blank line yourself, it should work. I believe I've checked descriptions that did that and it worked fine.

The few first descriptions I submitted had a blank line without a full stop and formatted without a blank line. That's why I use the full stop. If this hasn't changed, I'd be fully staisfied if my descriptions would be approved with that full stop as it is almost unnoticable on the dragon's page.

Hm, you're right - I just tested and apparently it does erase blank lines. Wonder what I was thinking of then? o.O

In that case, yeah, I definitely agree we should be able to submit blank lines in descriptions. No reason not to.

I have been approving your descriptions with the . in the blank line, or I should have been, anyway (thought I was o.o ). Since I was mixed up on the blank line, I figured it was just a stylistic choice, but I have been approving them with that. x3

Can you talk about it with the other desc mods, please? I have had the full stops edited out ouf descritpions before approving.