LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

Shards. I forgot he could hear you, Atisith.Soria blushed at having been caught. She did immediately pull out a kercheif to hand to K'leb for his nose. She smiled at Hethath's enthusiasm. She resigned herself to behaving, but she knew that if the situation did occur again she'd do anything to help them out. She threw her arms around K'leb's neck and sobbed in relief that he was okay. Behind her, Atisith informed one of the other rider's that K'leb and Hethath would need felis. As she pulled back, she glared at K'leb through her tears."Don't you ever scare me like that again. You hear me, K'leb?"

Ezran raised her hand. "I'll do it Atisith." she said as she and her dragon raced across the sands as to who would get there first. She nearly tripped once or twice but regained her footing easily.

K'leb was wiping his nose off when his arm was trapped to his face by Soria's hug. He was sort of surprised by the sudden emotion but grateful for it. "yes mam." he said as meekly as he could and hugged her with his free arm.

Hethath sat on his rump and looked between the three and decided to take matters into his own hands and throw Cleo into the mushy mixup. With a little twitch of his wings, he pushed Cleo into the friendly hug.

Zee walked over to the three her heart heavy and yet happy that K'leb was alright.

Feyth lifted himself from the ground and made his way to a sunny spot in the bowl. Everything is fine now, T'lom, no thanks to you. F'lar was being a moron, but he was caught and Lessa is a very angry woman now. I hope your happy. Feyth reported as he settled in the sands. He could hear the celebrations above him, but he ignored them. Lira popped into the space between is forelegs and curled up in his shadow, obviously unconcerned with the day's events.

It wasn't my battle to fight T'lom replied. He layed on his bed with a disgruntled expression on his face. He knew it wasn't. K'leb had nothing to do with him hardly, and the girls seemed more obsessed over dramatically coming to his rescue than anything else. Why did everyone always want to be the hero?

Edited by BlueApollo

Leodon sat and watched the scene. His mind wandered to the soon to be hatchling firelizards. His queen Pterax had layn her clutch and they were extremely close to hatching. He was also finding it hard to find willing owners of his hatchlings, there were five in total. L'don cleared his mind and waited quietly to offer the hatchlings.

(meh, srry, kinda skechy on wats going on. Im sorry i disappeared!)

((lol Leodog! *hugs both Blue and Leo* I've missed you two!!!!))

((basically K'leb just had his morn torn apart then put back together. Heedana is missing and it is basically a normal day besides that.))

((Hey Blue, how did JROTC go today?))

K'leb looked at Feyth and sent a very admonishing thought to the dragon. Leave T'lom alone. It wasn't his fight...besides, on a lighter note, he had to fend off all those girls. He watched Feyth closely as Hethath looked to where T'lom had walked away. T'lom! come back... the dragon cried not wanting T'lom to be unhappy

Isis and Osiris fled Cleo's shoulder at the young bronze's charge. Cleo started laughing and joined in the hug at Hethath's "nudge", but she extricated herself before long, walking over to stand before her Neith, whose eyes swirled with loving pride. The queenrider slung one arm over the striped dragon's shoulders and faced K'leb and Soria. "Plots to hide Heedana aside, when we do see her again, whenever that is, we'll have to try to talk to her about . . . some . . . . things . . . . ." she trailed off, turning her head to scan the direction where the livestock were kept for the dragons to hunt. "Oh, dear . . ." Cleo murmured.

Neith chuckled and said, Well, at least she waited until after your confrontation with the Weyrleader. It would have been very uncomfortable for your fire-lizard queen to rise during all that. Don't worry, I'll blunt some of her projections for you. Thank you, Neith. "Isis is blooding a kill," Cleo announced to the group, warning those with bronzes and browns that her queen was rising to mate. Osiris flitted into the air above from between, quickly landing on Cleo and curling about her neck, and chittering nervously. Isis had practically attacked him! Osiris's chilled hide was refreshing against Cleo's skin. She soothed him with one hand as she held herself under tight control with Neith's aid.

K'leb watched as Etanor flew up into the air to meet Isis. "Isn't that lovely..." he grumbled slightly and shrugged his shoulders. hethath snickered and crooned to both of the riders seemingly wanting to be a bringer of peace.

((Gah! It's Sea Cadets! JROTC is for weird people, and it's insulting. Just letting ya know....Civil Air Patrol is, too....stupid Air Force kids and their "We have a mission statement!" stuff....grrrr...Now you got me going off on a tangent.....more grrrrs))

Feyth grumbled as he lifted himself from his comfortable position and made his way back to the group. He knew he was right. T'lom would always stand up in situations like this. It was almost entirely the boy's duty, or at least that's what he thought. T'lom rolled out of his bed without a word to his dragon. Lira popped in beside her companion and landed on his shoulder. She gave him the image of Isis blooding a kill and an older image of Hayzef.

"No, Lira. He's not coming back. Not even for that..." T'lom patted his fire lizard as he stepped into the bowl. The little green looked between T'lom and Feyth and chirped softly. She slightly understood what was happening between the two, but she couldn't grasp why. T'lom avoid his dragon and walked up to K'leb. "It's good to see you're okay," he said politely.

Edited by BlueApollo

K'leb disentangled himself from Soria's hug and patted T'lom on his shoulder. "I don't blame you T'lom." he said his eyes scanning the young man's face. "There's something bothering you..." he said seeing it in every fiber of the young mans being.

((lol, that explains why my friend Oliver is the Colonel of it...u had said earlier that you were part of the Junior ROTC smile.gif ))

((Uh, is Achronos still young enough not to go and try and fly with the others after Isis? Oh and you never did answer me Lovelost about a third lizard for me and which color I should go with. xd.png ))

Soria stepped back when K'leb head moved to T'lom. Using a shirt sleeve, she wiped her face. Soria walked over to Atisith an leaned against the queen. She ran a hand over her face. She revised her schedule for the day. She still had the scroll sitting in her room she could go back to or she could ask about the lessons . With everyone distracted Soria slipped around Atisith and headed to her room. Ezran could help witht the felis better then Soria, so she'd leave it at that. As she walked to the hall she could use, Soria sighed and shook her head at the mess had been. She made a quick stop at the kitchen for a cup of klah and a bit of food before making her way back to her room.

((Achronos should be old enough to fly Isis, and I'm going to be intentionally vague about which bronze caught her.))

Isis soared high above the Weyr, hissing disdain at her cumbersome suitors. Only a few looked promising, most of them bronzes she had grown up around. The young queen began to skydance, changing directions abrubtly after long flights of sheer speed. One of the bronzes that knew her well caught her, angling his sprint to intercept the queen's wingover.

Several long minutes later, Neith sighted the little queen gliding back to Cleo. There she is, Neith announced. Isis landed on Cleo's shoulders, displacing Osiris, and curled up around the woman's neck, eyes rotating a languid purple as she rubbed her face against Cleo's cheek and churred. "Quite happy, Isis?" Cleo asked dryly. Isis only churred louder. Osiris landed on Cleo's back, carefully gripping only cloth, as he reached up to sniff Isis. The little bronze wrinkled his nostrils and fluttered over to perch on Neith's shoulders. Cleo could only laugh at his expression. "Come on. Let's get back to our Weyr and get Isis settled," she told Neith.

((Sea Cadets is like ROTC 'cept we're cooler. We actually work on the military bases and have awesome travel opportunities. Anyways, I don't have anything to do with them for another week and a half...then my life becomes insane. It's our major competition of the year.))

"Ask Feyth," T'lom replied curtly as he gestured to his dragon. He heard Feyth snort in disgust. "You seem to have that special talent. I'm sure Feyth will tell you all about it." T'lom stormed off back to the barracks. Shards! T'lom! That boy will be the death of me. Feyth turned to K'leb. Don't mess with him. He'll only lash out if you try to talk to him about things.. Besides, it'd be stupid to waste your energy on him at the moment. He just needs time to blow off some steam. He'll be fine in a few days. He's changed so much since he first came here, though. Feyth returned to his spot in the sunlight as Lira, following him, watched the skies.

Edited by BlueApollo

K'leb watched as everyone separated in their own directions. Luckily for him, he was given the rest of the day off and so was T'lom as of orders from F'nor. He sighed and sat on Hethath then nearly fell off as the ground seemed to grow smaller. Told ya i could fly came a smug voice inside his head. "hethath! go back down!" he cried out but the bronze stubbornly hovered there.

Ezran came back with the felis to see Hethath flying on his own with K'leb on his back. "Hey not cool Hethath...you said you'd wait for me." she said with a large smile on her exotic face.

((I honestly didn't know about all that stuff...and i hope you do well on your competition...what exactly do you do for Sea Cadets? unsure.gif ))

Neith followed Hethath's flight, eyes whirling. You know, that's not a bad idea. Cleo got no more warning than that before she suddenly found herself astride her dragon, gripping the broad neck with all the might in her legs. Osiris took off, circling a short distance away while Isis remained cuddling tightly to Cleo's neck. Neith opened her wings and leaped into the air. The dragon beat her way up to the same level as Hethath, and circled around the hovering bronze. Cleo was too startled to speak, and could only mentally exclaim, Shards of Faranth, Neith! Straps! Straps keep me from falling! I won't let you fall. Cleo could only relax a little, but she did begin to enjoy flying. This feels so right, flying on you, Neith. So much more right than being ferried by others. Neith bugled, calling her sister to join the fun.

Hethath watched Neith for a moment before flying abover her and underneath her iin a loop. "Cleo did you ask him to do this?" he said while clinging to his dragons neck. He could see the other larger dragons taking off while the smaller blues and greens stayed on the ground but flexed their wings and flapped a few times with their riders upon them.

((Sea Cadets is basically a junior Navy program. We go to drill once every couple weeks depending on the unit you're in, and there's trainings all over the country in the winter and the summer. You have to go through boot camp first, though. I nearly went insane there...but the actual trainings are fun. I'm proud to say that I am a certified aircraft firefighter, so I'm like a firefighter but cooler.))

Feyth watched Hethat and Neith take off with jealousy. You better get out here, T'lom, before I decided to take off without you! With that, Feyth Spread his wings so that it looked like he was going to take off. He knew Lira was paying close attention and would quickly inform T'lom. He saw here disappear into between before he lowered himself to the ground again.

"All right! All right!" T'lom gasped as he dashed into the Bowl. "Seriously! Of all the days to start flying! You could've at least waited a day or two." He leapt onto Feyth's back before they were both in the air with one giant flap of Feyth's wings. T'lom held on tightly as Feyth struggled to gain balance in the air. In about a minute or so the dragon was gliding as smoothly as he could as T'lom watched the landscape race by below.

Several Weyrlings started to follow suit and now K'leb called out an order to his flight and they formed up in a hovering position. "This, my friends, was the training I was talking about." he said with a fiendish grin. Hethath did his best to hover for as long as possible but K'leb could tell he was starting to wear. All it took was one name for him to stay in the air that much longer though.

Cleo guided Neith to their place at Hethath's left wing. She grinned and replied, "I can't speak to other dragons the way you and Soria do, K'leb. Only Neith." The young queenrider relaxed into the proper position for riding, working to keep her balance automatically. The many flights to and from Fort finally came in handy. Neith's great wings and powerful muscles allowed her to stay in the air with relative ease. Osiris orbitted Neith, skydancing around her and deftly avoiding her beating wings. Isis remained curled around Cleo, chirruping encouragement to Neith and Osiris.

((Thankies, Love, for help with the names. Ananke is the greek goddess of neccessity and Astraios is the god of stars and planets. ^.^))

Soria flopped on her bed and giggled when her two youngest fire lizards made known their pleasure at seeing her return. Ananke was her gold fire Lizard and Astraios was her blue. Ananke stole Ampithere's place on Soria's head, while Astraios made himself at home in Soria's arms. She giggled when Amphitere and Achronos made themselves known by taking a landing on her shoulders. She heard Atisith call for her to come out so the queen could fly, too. Soria ran down the halls to the Weyr bowl and to Atisith. She laughed with joy at seeing her friends in the air. Astraios took flight from Soria's arms to let her climb up to settle onto Atisith with Amphitere and Achronos following suit. Ananke, alone, stayed in her place. Once Soria was firmly on her back, Atisith set about getting in the air and to Hethath. And we thought today had been completely ruined. Eh, Hethath, Atisith?

Edited by Mijikoi

K'leb grumbled something about having Neith talk to Hethath for her but instead took charge of his flight and looked back at T'lom. "Get em organized man!" he called out quickly and landed his dragon and flight while he waited for T'lom to organize his flight.

Ezran and Jubilath were determined not to be outdone by a pair of bronzes. With a fluid movement, Ezran was on Jubilaths back and the two were in the air and in their flight which was T'lom's.

((np Mijikoi smile.gif ))

Edited by LoveLost

((laugh.gif ))

Atisith stayed in the air until she got a handle on flying, landing when her wings became tired. She land next to Hethath and laid on her stomache to allow a giggling Soria to climb off. Soria stumbled a bit once her feet were on the ground. She slmost fell when three was landed on by three of her fire lizards, her arms automatically closing around Astraios. "That was far too much fun. Far better than reading a scroll at that. Wouldn't you say, Atisith?"

Ananke gave the impression to Soria that the flight should occur again and was supported by her fellow fire lizards. Soria looked at Atisith and the Lizards and shook her head in fondness for the lot. Ananke gave Soria a chirping lecture for nearly tipping the gold fire lizard off her head.

K'leb smiled as he climbed off of Hethath with a slight pained grimace for things were suddenly uncomfortably out of place. Hethath started to snicker and then laugh so hard he was rolling on his back while his rider sent him a death glare amongst glares. "Oh shut up Hethath." he grumbled then straightened out and reached out to stroke Amphitere as Etanor swooped down and landed on his rider's shoulder asking what all the other lizards were talking about.

Soria grinned at K'leb and stepped closer to the other rider. Her face was still flushed from the flight and her giggles as she looked up at him. Amphitere preened under K'leb's attention, while Astraios set about chirping with Etanor about the ongoings. Atisith blinked at Hethath having missed what the bronze was laughing at. Soria cleared her throat and stiffled her own giggles. "So, dare I ask who started the impromtu flight or what our dear Hethath finds so funny?"

((I need to remember Soria is Soria not Oria. >.>))

Edited by Mijikoi

T'lom instantly began firing orders like he had done it every day. In less than a minute his flight looked like it was prepared for a Threadfall. He smiled to himself, proud that his flight were so efficient on their first take in the air. Oh, stop being so smug! You just got lucky. We'll see if we can do it again tomorrow. Feyth swooped toward the ground before he settled for a landing near K'leb and Soria. T'lom refused to get off, though.

"Not there, you dope! The lovebirds are flirting again!" T'lom hissed. Feyth took off and land closer to the barracks before T'lom finally dismounted. "I swear! They've been going at this ever since they got here, flirtin' around each other like tiny children! Won't they get over it and finally admit they're 'in love' or whatever you want to call it?"

I find it rather entertaining.

Soria glanced at where Feyth and T'lom landed the second time. She peered curiously at the two as she awaited K'leb's answer. Giving into her curiousity, Soria sent a thought to Feyth. May I know what is so entertaining? Seems the merriment's going around and no one's being very forth-coming about it.