LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

(AHHH sorry, what has happened? I was gone for the holidays and my parents hid my computer so i couldnt go on. Guess what? They forgot to give it to me until now.)

((We did the time skip foreward six months. Everyone is doing breakfast Heedana's missing and you need to see Heedana's post for the time skip. Oh, hang on I'll quote it. >.>

WARNING

TIME SKIP IS OCCURRING..... SOME GOD-MODDING WILL ALSO OCCUR

Through the next 6 months, our dearest weyrlings, G'ty, T'lom, J'eb, Soria, Elna, Ezran, K'leb, Cleo and L'don went through many changes along with their dragons.

J'eb is now a highly respected cook and has found solace in Manora's mothering ways.  His height is now like that of K'leb's and he has started to fill out along with growing darker from his time spent outside and dealing with learning the flight patterns to a further extent.  he has already been put in charge of one flight of Weyrlings to help train them.

G'ty, although still small in stature, has grown in mind and heart.  His kindness has earned him a place in the healer's area when not practicing with his dear dragon.  Many people have found him a constant friend even at his young age and would hate to part with him during Threadfall once Lucath is fully grown.

T'lom, despite his slight problem with depression when reminded of his old home, has become a great leader with the weyrlings.  They respect him because of his want to do right and many of the young weyrling girls have found themselves "falling in love" with his looks and not for who he is.  He has grown slightly more and is filling out to become what seems like a rather stunning young man with wondrous leadership skills that demands respect

Soria.  What more is to say but her name?  her kindness is insurmountable as is her love for all beings.  She is now spending more and more time with Heedana and Lessa instead of her friends although the two strict teachers do allow her time to herself when they aren't teaching her miles and miles of scrolls and stars.  Atisith has grown to nearly 4 times her size and now towers over her rider.  With such advanced growth in Atisith, Soria and her dragon ahve been moved to their own wyer that is between Heedana's and Lessa's.

Elna is still slightly reclusive since she is yet to become completely familiar with the weyr.  Although in the times where food has been scarce because of bull headed Lords, she has proved herself valuable to the extremes with her knowledge of the sea.  Her strong-will has gotten her in trouble a few times, but not in to deep of trouble.

Cleo is turning into a right leader and has been set in charge of learning all of the things dealing with the Fort Holders.  Neith has grown immensely and she too has been set into her own queen's weyr on the top floor of the entire Weyr.  She too has been chosen to be sent into the healer side of the dragon rider's life and has been set as the Master Healer's only assistant.  This way, she will be helping not only humans but animals as well while allowing her to travel from Weyr to Weyr and form Hold to Hold learning as much as she can from the Journeyman Harpers and other Healers.

Not much is to be said about L'don.  He seems to have faded into the woodwork but many expect him to come out better than he was before.

K'leb has not grown anymore but has filled out and tends to make friends with T'lom.  he enjoys being around all of the people that Impressed with him, but T'lom the most.  He has had an increasing desire to be with Soria but has held back so that when the time comes, it will be right.  As for positions, He has been placed as the head of a flight and commands it strictly with a hint of kindness but slacking is not allowed.  Most of the time the queens will switch from wing to wing but they stay mostly in K'leb's and J'eb's mainly because of their advanced experience in the weyrs. 

Ezran has become what some would call a goddess.  Her hair has been cropped shorter than it was so it is now around the middle of her back.  It is curly and redder than before showing her increased temper that has been added to by the Imression of Jubilath.  The two feed off of each other and calm each other perfectly.  Her old threadscore has healed with only a large knotted scar showing where it was.  Her skin has darkened only slightly and her eyes are the same old Aquamarine.  She has outbeaten many of the green riders with Elna in that respect and loves the girls compony along with the others that she usually hangs with.

Overall, there has been another Flight by Ramoth and the eggs will hatch in another 6 months.  Heedana had left the weyr for a time and has still not returned.  Many suspect that she deprived the weyr of its right to have another breeding female dragon...

There....>.>))

((Okay I have to do this since these two were the first to sing up...Ramoth, Mijikoi, you two are kinda like da policia now for this topic smile.gif ))

((LEO! I was about to delete your charrie! yah soooo Mijikoi kinda handled that really well...))

K'leb sent a knowing look at T'lom and walked over to his fellow rider. "It's not really a test, it's just going over ALL of the flight maneuvers ALL day. I have the meeting because of some...issues that Heedana brought up before she left." He said his faithful friends name with a slight twinge of pain in his soft and slightly sad blue eyes. He patted T'lom's back and looked as several weyr girls made their way over to them. "I will leave you to your...duties." he said with a devilish snicker and a kind wink at the boy as he rushed through the tide of touchy females. With a few quick strides, he was out of the kitchen with Etanor clinging to his neck to the point where K'leb was enarly choking. "Easy ol' chap. I know. Those bloody girls follow that porr boy every where and torture you." The smaller bronze gave K'leb the impression of the girls lying asleep and him attacking them while humming triumphantly. "Etanor!" he said while laughing. He was met halfway by the Weyrleader himself.

F'lar looked furious. His anger was well known as a match to that of his mates but it was unbridled at the moment. His deep chocolate eyes seemed to embody the fire of an angry sun as his long legs carried him face to face with K'leb. "Meeting...now." came a gruff and constricted command. He turned on his heel and marched towards the weyr where the leader's met.

K'leb gulped before following F'lar as they passed the queen riders. He looked at the two queens and waved at their riders. Pray for me Neith and Atisith...and it may come to where you have to restrain Hethath from coming to my aid. He said as he saw his bronze friend waddle to his rider then sit as he was motioned to stay away.

Zee walked out of the kitchen nonchalantly with young Ezran at her side. She sat at the edge of the bowl with the young girl and they both watched their green dragons sun themselves and talk to each other and laugh many, many times.

((*salutes then gives up on doing it properly and hugs Lovelost* I'll do my best to help you, Love. Oh, and I was thinking about getting another Fire lizard for Soria, but I wanted to run it by you first. Oh and ask what color you think I should go for. I can't make up my mind between gold or blue.))

Soria looked over to where F'lar and K'leb were walking and returned K'leb's wave. When she saw F'lar's expression she turned to look at Hethath in panic. Soria turned her thoughts to both bronzerider's dragons. Why is Lord F'lar so upset, Hethath, Mnementh?

She calmed slightly at Atisith's nudging her arm with her nose. Taking a deep breath, Soria calmed herself further before asking the two bronze dragons her question again.

Don't they ever go away? T'lom groaned as he turned to face the pack of girls heading his way. "C'mon, Feyth. Let's go out to the bowl," he said as he pushed his way through the girls. Feyth grumbled slightly, but T'lom could hear him cackling in his head. You handled that one well, my friend. Now we're going to see half the weyr down there! He followed T'lom to the bowl where he began to sun himself near the green dragons. He sighed lazily as Lira settled nearby, her green little body curled up tightly just out of Feyth's shadow. T'lom took a seat near Zee and Ezran, hoping that would help keep some of the girls at bay. He watched as F'lar walked by, fuming. What was going on? He felt sorry that K'leb seemed to be part of this as he was approached by the furious weyrleader. Any chance you can try and figure out what's going on? he asked Feyth.

Can do. Hey, Soria! He wasn't going to ask K'leb out of fear of distracting the boy. Besides, he liked Soria better. Soria, do you have any idea what's going on?

Not yet, but I'm working on it. I'm guessing you don't know either?Soria's mental tone bellied her worry for K'leb. She didn't like the look on F'lar's face anymore than she liked the message Atisith had relayed from K'leb. Your rider wouldn't happen to have heard anything, would he have?

Cleo shrank into Neith's side as she felt the anger emanating from F'lar. Neith mantled slightly over her rider, eyes gaining a touch of yellow alarm. Angry man right now, the Weyrleader, she commented to Atisith and Hethath. Isis left off playing in the sand to fly to Cleo, wrapping her long golden body around Cleo, eyes a calming green as she attempted to sooth her friend. Osiris flashed over to land on Neith's shoulder and stood there, watching the F'lar's passage with mantled wings. Cleo shook her head slightly, locking out the anger. "I'm okay . . . I'm okay," she said as she stood to stroke her dragon's neck. You're sure? "Yes, I'm sure. Hmm, why would F'lar be that angry?" Cleo asked Soria.

You see it too, Neith?Soria first glanced at Neith then back at Cleo before refocusing on the two men. She continued to watch them even as she answered Cleo. "I don't know. I asked Hethath and Mnementh, and even Feyth. None of them have given me an answer, but Feyth. Feyth's rider saw them leave I think, but he hasn't told me if T'lom knows what's going on. Atisith thinks it might have something to do with that meeting he talked about earlier." Edited by Mijikoi

Hethath bugled in distress as he felt the link between himself and his rider disappear. Ramoth was blocking the connection so that they couldn't communicate. Please mother! came his piteous call that expanded out of his mind to every mind in the weyr. He rose on his haunches in severe anger and was going to launch into the air for the first time when an angry roar filled the weyr bowl. It was Mnementh. Soria is it? You are to come to the meeting also. Your connection with Atisith will be severed momentarily whether you like it or not. F'lar is furious because of certain issues.

Hethath fell to thr ground his heart aching and spoke to those that asked what was wrong. K'leb was the one that suggested that Heedana go away for Tilleth's flight...they were supposed to be back nearly a week ago and haven't returned. Ramoth and none of the other queens at the other weyrs know where she is. K'leb is being blamed for their death and the dragons are tearing apart his mind! he screamed the last sentence as he felt the dragons tearing apart his own mind for any source of information.

K'leb had followed F'lar to only be shoved into a seat and interrogated by the riders and then by the dragons. His mind reeled as her heard Lessa trying to get F'lar to change his mind. Ramoth wasn't a part of it and refused to join in with the other dragons.

Ezran stood up but Zee held the girl back as she tried to fight forward to go to the young bronze and then go up to ramoth and demand that she let the bronze go.

Soria nearly collapsed upon hearing what had been told to her, before taking off after K'leb and F'lar. Amphitere and Achronos clung tighly to their purchases on the running woman. Her terror at what might be done to K'leb prevented any thought of what might happen to her for her silent help for Heedana. She hadn't known any details to why Heedana had left, but she'd kept very quiet that she'd been suspicious of the possibility. The only thought that repeated her mind was a scream of denial. She wasn't aware of Atisith going to Hethath's side to comfort him or of the yellow-orange her gold's eyes had become. She was only aware of her own panicked breathing and the sound of her running feet. When she finally found where K'leb was, she started to rush to his side.

An older and experianced rider known as S'kom barred Soria's way. F'lar turned to Soria and smiled. "don't feel threatened...we aren't angry at you, but he has prevented the weyr from it's right." He said and looked at K'leb as he gripped the arms of the chair and his breath was breathed through clenched teeth.

Soria whimpered at not being able to get closer to K'leb. She heard F'lar without actually listening to the man while she struggled to get past S'kom as best she could. She couldn't find it in herself to care about the whys or even if she were to be punished. All she cared for in that moment was K'leb. Amphitere flitted off of Soria's shoulder and over toward K'leb in an effort to help Soria calm down. Soria was crying and the only phrase she could get past her lips was a broken "Please."

Edited by Mijikoi

What the...? T'lom, this is bad! K'leb is being blamed for Heedana's disappearance. Feyth jumped to all fours and nudged his rider off the ground.

"Hey! Lay off! You know I want to do something, but I can't.They best we can do is keep listening," T'lom shouted.

Coward! You used to stand up for people in these situations! I know enough about your memories to understand that this would have not gone unchallenged by you back in your mines. Has weyr life made you weak? The infuriated brown made his way over to join Atisith and Hethath.

T'lom stared at the ground for a few moments before returning to his own barracks. He knew Feyth would fill him in later, but he couldn't help feeling like he severely let down his companions.

((Okay I just read through! I had an idea for S'kom - I was thinking he could be an Archivist from the Benden in the past, and now that he's been brought up here he lost his position as head scroll person to whoever he has to share the job with now. Eh? I dun know why, it was just an idea I had a little while ago.))

S'kom felt bad holding back the young queenrider but the Weyrleader had spoken. "Please!" he said, "Soria! Junior Queenrider, please calm down. K'leb may know where Heedana is." S'kom didn't like all this commotion.

Ogrith lifted off his ledge, bugling unhappily. Mnementh! he cried. We are not animals! You are hurting the human! As a searchdragon, Ogrith was attuned to these sort of things. He could sense the distressful interchange between the Weyrleader's dragon and the young bronzerider.

Edited by Odio

((From my understanding of Dragonflight, the Weyrwoman is the Weyr's archivist.))

As the meaning of Hethath's bugle filtered into her mind, Cleo went very still and her eyes widened. Then, her eyes narrowed, and she started off after Soria, walking. Isis and Osiris's eyes accelerated into a swift angry red and they swirled around Cleo, reflecting her fury. Neith's eyes went to a yellow orange and she too went to stand by Hethath and Atisith, offering what support she could. Shards, she's angry . . .

Cleo reached Soria and the bluerider as a dragon bugled outside. She stopped at her friend's side, looking into the room where F'lar and Lessa stood over K'leb. She showed no expression, except that her normally warm brown eyes were now hard and cold. Isis and Osiris perched on her shoulders, eyes still red. When Cleo spoke, her voice was just as dead-pan even as her face. "Do you violate the sanctity of the bond, bronzerider?" she asked, eyes locked on F'lar. "And why do you question one of us without questioning the other? What would you do if your ransacking of K'leb's mind breaks him, leaving him a shattered shell of a man and sending Hethath between forever?"

((In Dragonflight, didn't the Weyrleader before F'lar teach Lessa to be archivist when she became a Queenrider?))

She skook her head at S'kom. To her, there was no way K'leb would have worried so much over Heedana, if her fellow queenrider was so easily found. When Cleo's words broke through to Soria, bringing Soria to her knees. She held on to S'kom's arms in an effort to stay standing. Her eyes never left K'leb, but the young woman fell silent. She clutched Achronos to her chest, only aware enough not to harm her little friend. Amphitere crossed back and forth between Soria and K'leb, while Achronos crooned to Soria.

((Ohmigosh! I am sooo sorry Odio! I was meaning to type another name not S'kom's. And yes he can be a scribe. It was not only the queen's job but those that did anything in the Weyr.))

F'lar looked at Cleo and smiled with a slight bow. "The sanctity of his mind will not be entirely broken. But earlier this sevenday, he told us that he would not tell the location of Heedana and he still will not." he turned back to K'leb as the young man started to shove Mnementh out of his mind. Something that F'lar had not expected.

Mnementh bugled to Ogrith his understanding. We have to find her though and he wont tell us anything...this is what has to be done.

Ramoth roared and it silenced her mate. This is not the right way though.

Lessa glared at her own mate that she loved. "F'lar, you know that this isn't the only way. The only one that recognizes your idea is that dratted K'ron. F'lar..stop this...now." she said trying in vain to stop her mate.

K'leb finally pushed Mnementh fully out of his mind and turned to the Weyrleader. "You can send me wherever you want Weyrleader. But my loyalty remains with Heedana and the queens, not those that assume they have entire authority."

It was at this that F'lar paled. "How can you know?" he turned K'leb's chair around and motioned for them men going to Cleo to kick her out to stop. "S'kom, get her a chair." he commanded his voice no longer firm but frightened.

Ramoth crooned to her son as she kept their connection separate and then entered into the minds of everyone there. I have, as does every queen, the ability to kill any and all dragon with a simple mental cutoff. K'leb knows this because of me and I will not regret the choice. F'lar, you should fear him because he does know things and because he will also more than likely take your place when my children grow. YOU do not have the superior authority...Lessa does. It is through choice that we respect your wishes. But yours have become cruel as of late.

Lessa looked at F'lar long and hard knowing that this would break him.

F'lar looked at those around him and a very apologetic look overcame him. "I only want to grow the weyrs. Many dragons were lost this last fall...far to many. We need as many eggs as possible now and we were deprived of that when she left."

K'leb stood up with the aid of one of the brown riders. "F'lar, I have so much temptation right now to cry insult but out of respect for an act to try and save all of Pern, you are forgiven. I do not know where Heedana is but I do know where she was supposed to be. If she is still there, we will see her soon." he said and looked the Weyrleader in the eyes, "You used to be kind but I can see that the years have made it hard on you." He cleared his throat.

Ezran watched T'lom walk away. "Coward." she whispered and ran to the creeling dragonets side and tried to calm him along with Atisith, Jubilath and Neith.

Zee looked at Feyth and smiled. Henath crooned the the dragonet that was her size now. You are brave little one.

Hethath was trying to stay standing but without his rider's contact, he felt hollow and insecure. He leaned on the queens beside him his heart thudding loudly and his wings twitching every now and then.

Soria had enough presence of mind to set Achronos down on the ground, before she scrambled to her feet. She had calmed enough to lsten to what was being said around her. Ramoth's words helped her straighten and settle the last of the turmoil in her own mind. She pushed past S'kom now that everyone seemed to have calmed down. She stopped before once she was past the man and sent a vicious glare to F'lar. Soria remained silentas she watched the others, Cleo and Lessa didn't seem to need any support from her and she was unsure of her welcome at K'leb's side at the moment.

((We could give Odio an award for taking an idea and running with it.))

Cleo's manner softened somewhat as she heard the senior queen's telepathic sending. It was good to know that Lessa did not approve of F'lar's methods much more than she did. However, Ramoth was still blocking the bond between Hethath and K'leb, which apparently was enough to kill the dragonet. Cleo hadn't diverted her gaze from the Weyrleader to the men that were headed her way, leaving it to Isis and Osiris to glare bloody daggers at them.

As her manner softened, Cleo's expressionless mask dropped to reveal disappointment and more than a little disgust. Her voice, however, remained cold and hard. "The sanctity of the bond I refered to was not just that between K'leb and Hethath, which was threatened by Mnementh and Ramoth," Cleo's eyes cut to Lessa for a moment before returning to F'lar, "but also that between you and Mnementh, which was threatened by you compelling him to harm a human, deliberately." Cleo snorted quietly. "As far as your explanation, you do remember that in a Turn's time, Benden Weyr will have two newly mature queens rising? And Ramoth rises regularly and lays generously. And again, with the other Weyrs brought forward, Benden could borrow riders to fill any gaps as new Hatchlings mature."

F'lar looked at Cleo his eyes hard and his face seeming old. "Those things escaped me." he said and walked out of the room followed by all except for Lessa.

Ramoth released the hold from the dragonet who whimpered silently to his rider. "Thank Faranth you two will be in charge. F'lar has seemed to lose his mind more and more often since this last rising..." her voice was sad and her already short body seemed to grow shorter as her shoulder's sagged.

K'leb crumpled into a chair as he rubbed his temples and tears streamed down his face with the reuniting of his dragons and his mind. "Lessa, I'm sorry." he said through a choked throat. His new clothes were rumpled and dirty now and his face seemed to be haggard.

Lessa looked at K'leb with a gentle and slightly motherly smile. "The fault is mine Weyrling...not yours." She said then looked up at Soria and Cleo. "Can you two forgive me?" she asked them recognizing their death glares and anger.

((yah we could smile.gif ))

Soria's eyes followed F'lar as he walked out of the room. Her gaze grew thoughtful as she watched him walk. She turned away from him as he disappeared from her sight. She chewed on her lip as she looked at Lessa. Soria wanted to scream and rage about what had been done to K'leb, but instead she shook her head and went to hug Lessa. "I don't blame you, Lady Lessa. And it's not my place to be angry with anyone."

Soria walked over to K'leb and hesitated at his side. She took a hold of his hand as she placed a kiss on his cheek and knelt next to his chair Her query to Atisith on how Hethath was, was answered with a bland uncommitted response. Both she and Atisith were worried for the pair, but Soria was at a loss of how to help. She settled for clutching K'leb's hand in her own.

Lessa was shocked from the hug from Soria and looked at the girl then turned to walk out of the room. "Give them both some felis when they sleep tonight. It will deaden the affects." she said then walked out of the room completely.

K'leb looked at Soria and held onto her hand as if it was his only source of comfort in the world of pain his head had become. He then shifted his gaze to Cleo. "You..." he laughed lightly then regained his composure. "You have more knowledge than our very Weyrleader does...and thank you both." he said as he reached over with his other hand and stroked Soria's smaller and far less calloused hand. With slow movements he stood up and straightened his clothes.

Hethath seemed to jump to life and creeled happily and seemed to want to impress on the queens how happy he was by licking their cheeks and rubbing necks with them.

Once F'lar was out of sight, Cleo closed her eyes and took several deep breaths to calm herself. Her progress could be measured by the eyes of Isis and Osiris, which slowed and returned to more normal colors. When she opened her eyes, her expression was back to its normal gentle, if distant, expression. She considered Lessa for several moments. "I suppose I do not know enough to judge. However, I also do not like that Benden's Weyrleader is just as prickly and . . . what is it . . . proud? as the Oldtimers I've met at Fort Weyr." Cleo shook her head, still uncertain as to why Lessa had Ramoth block Hethath's link to K'leb. She would be more cautious around the Weyrwoman in the future.

Cleo turned to look at K'leb and Soria. She could feel his intense relief, but wasn't sure how to comfort her friends. Bring him down to Hethath, Cleo, came Neith's soothing voice. Cleo nodded and reached to grasp one arm. "Come on, K'leb. Let's get you down to Hethath," she said, glancing at Soria for help.

Down in the bowl, Neith bugled happily. She accepted Hethath's attentions and returned them by gently headbutting his chest.

Edited by Ramoth

Soria stood up quickly and getnlely pulled K'leb toward the awaiting dragons. She was careful not to pull hard enough to knock K'leb off balance. Outside, Atisith returned Hethath's show of affection, but between her and Soria they plotted. Nothing that would harm anyone, but of ways to keep this from happening again. Soria liked the idea of offering to take K'leb's place in hiding Heedana. It'd keep him safe and Heedana can still escape when she needs to. I really don't like that this happened, Atisith.

Nor do I, Soria, but are you sure? You and I may have to take the same punishment. Soria's eyes widened at the thought before narrowing in resolution. She'd do anything to help her friends. If that meant her own mind being tortured, then so be it.

It's up to you, Atisith. I will do anything to help Cleo, K'leb and Heedana, but I don't want to go against you. All Atisith responded with was a silent affirmation. They'd defend the Weyr any way tthey could and since that didn't include flying, they'd do it the only way they knew how.

K'leb willingly let the two queen riders lead him out to his dragon who ran to his rider with such enthusiasm that he knocked over all three riders. "Hethath!" K'leb said through his laughter and a slightly bloody nose. Hethath then wheeled on Atisith as K'leb relayed to Neith what Atisith and Soria were plotting so that she could tell Cleo. "As your elder, I wont let either of you do that. There is a first time for everything...and I don't think this will happen again." he said looking up to F'lar's and Lessa's weyr where much shouting was being heard and Lessa was obviously veeerrryyy angry!

Ezran ran over to the pile and helped Cleo stand up while K'leb helped Soria. "I swear i'll kill 'im!" she said angrily. Her thoughts and anger was completely refelcted in the eyes of her dragon as she came barreling over to the rider and sniffed him. "Jubilath, back off give him some room..." she said while she herself was crowding K'leb and her dragon made the point of saying that. "Am not..." Ezran grumbled as she backed up a bit from K'leb and Cleo fearing that her dragon was right.