LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

"He does have a reason to be frightened, Feyth. Soria gave T'lom a sly grin and a conspiritorial wink. She understood that T'lom was atrractive, but Soria would rather spend her time chasing K'leb. Then again that was just Soria. Soria giggled at the brown and his rider. "And that's good to hear. As for me, I was just asking Atisith if my scrolls were plotting against me. I keep having dreams of drowning in them."

Soria's expression betrayed her amusement. For the most part she ignored the whispers. Honestly, she just couldn't keep up with rumors. Atisith's laughter echoed in her mind once again. You could if you'd chat with us dragons a bit more. Of course you'd also have to stop mooning over K'leb in your free time.

Soria rolled her eyes at Atisith's teasing. She didn't always think of K'leb. Atisith's reply to that was a snort of disagreement. Atisith was correct in that Soria did seek the bronze rider out when ever she could. Soria just hadn't quite realised exactly how and why she sought out K'leb, despite the near constant blush she had around the man. A fact that amused her dragon companion to no end.

((Heheh. you two are stalked.))

Edited by Mijikoi

((Love the new descriptions Lovelost! biggrin.gif))

G'ty was in the kitchens, sitting among a small group of candidates who he'd befriended. He saw the exchange with Ezran and T'lom but just smiled to himself. When he saw Soria walk in he decided to go say hi. His own blue Lucath was very fond of her, but as yet G'ty wasn't aware that she could speak to all dragons so he thought it merely coincidental. He shuffled over to the group, munching on a tuber.

"Morning guys!" he piped. His voice was much deeper tenor now than before, but it suited him. He had trouble not staring at Ezran's dazzling beauty. "Uh, um," he stuttered. In his mind, he heard Lucath's rumbling laughter, and felt a pink curling up on his face under his tan. What was wrong with him? He'd never really felt this way about Ezran before.

((Other charries are.... other places right now >.0 ))

Cleo walked into the food hall, still in flight gear and tapping her gloves against her leg. She had just come back from Fort Hold, having been ferryed by one of the Fort Weyr bronzes. Her two fire-lizards, the three foot gold Isis and the two and three quarter foot bronze Osiris, perched on either shoulder. Cleo's relaxed, if quick and purposeful stride projected that whatever she had done at Fort Hold hadn't managed to annoy her, which probably meant she'd been dealing more with animals in relatively good condition than humans or animals in poor condition. She plopped down next to Soria and dropped her head into her crossed arms on the table. "Shards. I'll be glad when Neith can fly me to Fort Hold herself. It grates at me to be flown on another dragon, and the rider himself grated at me," she said.

Sitting up straight with a sigh, Cleo motioned one of the drudges to bring her food for herself and her fire-lizards. Isis and Osiris sat side by side at the end of the table, with their tails hanging down and their bodies in proper feeding position: waiting patiently with feet close together and wings closely furled. When Cleo gave them the bowls of meat the drudge brought, they neatly picked up and ate the chunks of meat, and every once in a while, Osiris would pass one of his chunks to Isis, whose eyes would whirl happily as she accepted. Cleo smiled at that, and turned her attention to her fellow riders. "Hello, Soria, T'lom, Ezran, G'ty. Has anybody heard anything about Heedana?" The young queen rider was rather worried about her friend. "Neith says she hasn't come back yet." Neith replied, And she hasn't. Ramoth, Atisith and I can't even reach Tilleth to contact her. But we're pretty sure she hasn't gone between. Not for forever. We'd feel that for sure. Cleo added for the others, "Even Neith is starting to get worried."

Hello, Neith, Lucath. And, yes, I'm worried too. Are we sure she hasn't jumped between like Lady Lessa did? Soria sent her silent exchange to both dragons as she gave G'ty a knowing smile. She'd seen several boys give Ezran that look. she placed a sypathetic hand on Cleo's shoulder. On Soria's shoulders Amphitere and Achronos chirped happily. She didn't ask the other riders about betweeen times, but she did steer her mind to speaking with them. "Hello, G'ty, Cleo. No, we haven't heard from her nor Tilleth. Oh, and I have an idea of what you mean. I was talking to T'lom about my dreams of drowning in my scrolls."

You forgot the part, where Amphitere and Achronos tried to save you by getting K'leb to help you. Soria groaned at Atisith's interjection. Of course, she hadn't forgotten that. Amphitere was as fond of K'leb as Soria was, with Achronos not far behind.

((Lovelost, do you want me to submit an updated character profile, since there's been a few changes?))

I suppose that's possible, Soria. But that means we might not feel it if Tilleth died. Mnementh says that he couldn't feel Ramoth at all after she jumped back in time, Neith replied.

Cleo cocked an eyebrow at the exchange she sensed between her queen and her friend, but otherwise left it silent. She smiled at Soria. "Drowning in scrolls, huh? Makes me rather happy that I don't remember my dreams very often. There's some doozies at Fort. Oldive says that some of the scrolls go all the way back to when our ancestors crossed over from the Southern continent." One ear twitched and her gaze unfocused as Neith spoke to her, You know, now that you're back, Lessa will have you studying the scrolls right along with Soria, the dragon slipped in slyly. A muscle in Cleo's shoulder twitched and she changed the subject. "When do you think F'nor will have us fly our own dragons for the first time? Neith wants to stretch her wings."

Isis and Osiris had finished their meat, and walked over to lounge on the table in front of Cleo, chirping and chittering away at Amphitere and Achronos. However, Osiris was slightly on edge around the other bronze. Had been slightly edgy and defensive around any other bronze fire-lizard recently.

"Honestly, Cleo. I have no idea, but it would be a welcome break. Atisith has been feeling much the same and I can't claim any different." Soria rubbed the ache in the back of her neck. That is worrisome. And no one has been successful in finding her either. I know K'leb and Lady Lessa are worried, too. At least that's what Ramoth told me. I'll bring it up to Lady Lessa during lesson's, tonight.

I suppose you want to ask us to chat amoungst the others for any clues as to where she's gone? Atisith mused to Soria as the sunning gold joined in on the conversation. You do know if she told anyone they won't be very forthcoming with that information, right?

Soria sighed. She'd known, she'd just wished otherwise. It wasn't that Soria wanted to bring Heedana back if that's not what the woman wanted. Soria was just terribly worried for her friend and wanted to make sure she was okay.No, I'm just worried but thank you for the offer Atisith. If she doesn't want to be found, I shouldn't press. Scorch it all, I just want to know if she's okay.

((if you want to Ramoth...I don't see any reason why not too smile.gif ))

Ezran looked at T'lom with a scowl. "Oh cool off yah worry wherrie." she said obviously unaffected by his looks but thankful for his kindness. "Thanks for saving my hide back there though...he hasn't left me alooone!" She looked at G'ty and hugged the young man with a gush of kindness. "hey G'ty. How you been buddy?" she said not recognizing his tongue tide-ness. She looked at Soria and shrugged her shoulders. "Heedana does what Heedana wants. That's what I have seen in her. But, well....oh never mind." she said with a smile.

K'leb rolled out of bed his head aching from staying up to late in the night trying to extend his conciousness out to Heedana. He jolted upright and looked at Hethath. Any word? Hethath crooned softly and tried to get his rider to calm down as the answer came out negative. "Shards! i can't believe this Hethath..." he said and ran his hands through his sandy blond hair. He went to the washing room and cleaned up a bit then dressed in a brownish outfit that was actually rather handsome. He was to talk with the Wingleaders and Weyrleader today about his ability. Heedana had so elegantly told F'nor about it who took it straight to the top. But first, he had to eat. "Hethath, go down and eat something and I will try and be there as soon as possible to work on the flight patterns." he mumbled through his hair as he brushed it. Do we work with the queens? he asked sending a fond image of the gold Atisith and Neith. His repsonse was a light laugh and a look of confirmation which sent the bronze into happy bugling. With a flip of his head it laid neatly along his back and was soon tied up with a long leather thong. He looked out to make sure that there weren't any weyrlings there, and ran down the hall to the kitchen. The first person he saw was of course T'lom who was, surprisingly, standing next to Ezran. He placed a hand on either of their shoulders. "T'lom, Ezran, I thought you two already had people in mind for yourselves...but not each other." he said mischievously.

Ezran looked as if she would hit K'leb right then and there. "Don't make me cry insult K'leb cause you know I will." Her words were emphasized by the bugle of a now risen Jubilath. Ezran smirked at her dragons protectiveness and walked over to the table where the green and blue riders sat. Unfortunately for her, all except for Elna and Mirrim were male.

K'leb laughed slightly and looked at the queen riders. "Cleo! god to see you again. Back from the world of Lord's and Ladies I see? and it seems that you had a wonderful time." his eyes were twinkling fiercely. He bowed to both of them and turned to Soria. "Good to see you Soria." his words may have been short, but he didn't want to embarass hismelf around her. "Don't forget that today, you two will be working with my flight."

Edited by LoveLost

"Indeed she does. I just worry for her Ezran. She and Cleo were my very first friends here, you know." Soria sighed sadly. She perked up considerably when she saw K'leb. She was still saddened about Heedana's absence but Soria refused to believe that Heedana wouldn't return safe and sound. "As it is to see you, K'leb. Thank the stars. A break from scrolls."

Soria walked over to K'leb and wrapped her arms around his waist in a hug. When she pulled away she offered him a bright smile. Her expression dimmed as she looked over him. To her he looked very tired. Soria chewed on her lip and stepped back. She looked to Amphitere who left Soria's shoulder to greet K'leb with a happy chirp. He was up late again, wasn't he, Hethath?

K'leb laughed lightly at Soria's comment. "Ah yes...scrolls are cumbersome..." he said and hugged her back when she hugged him. It felt right to have her that close to his heart and it warmed him up considerably. "What is it Soria?" he asked her gently when he took a step back.

Hethath heard Soria and blocked K'leb from hearing. Yes queen rider. He stayed up most of last night trying to search for Heedana. He is terribly worried about his friend, but will tell no one of this. He crooned gently before coming back out of her mind and entering into K'leb's . She is concerned for your health...do not become angry.

Cleo smiled at the bronzerider. "Good to see you, too, K'leb. But it wasn't the Lords and Ladies of Pern I was so interested in seeing as the cases MasterHealer Oldive wanted me to look at. Hmmm . . . phantom pain is fascinating . . ." A reprimanding snort from Neith echoed by Isis called Cleo back to more appropriate topics. "Will we get to actually fly? On our own dragons? My straps are all in great shape," she said, eyebrow quirking at the fact that she had been using the human half of her riding straps regularly, and therefore checking them regularly.

Isis finished her chat with Amphitere and Achronos and slipped down to curl up in Cleo's lap. Osiris draped himself over his human's shoulders, head and neck going around to rest on his rump while his tail trailed down Cleo's torso to rest on Isis's back.

K'leb smiled at Amphitere and stroked the little firelizards eye ridge and looked at Cleo. "I'm not all that sure Cleo. But I have a meeting with the Weyrleader today and I will ask him and his brother about that. Rumor has it that Ramoth was persistent enough and started flying on her own without permission." he winked at Cleo knowingly. Both of the riders were highly ancy and ready to fly.

Etanor appeared over K'leb's head and was chirping and whistling in time with a tune that Heedana had taught K'leb. Now that his voice was settling, he was put in place of Heedana as the Harper for now until she came back. Etanor settled onto his loved on's shoulder and peered into Soria's face and then chirped at Isis and Osiris while leaping onto Soria's shoulder beside Amphitere.

Edited by LoveLost

Cleo's eyes widened as she considered that thought. She remembered some of the scandal Lessa and Ramoth had been before the dragon rose to mate. Well, what little of the scandal filtered down to the Hold and little ranches. We will fly when I am ready, and no one could hold us landbound, her dearest Neith added. A slightly mischevious smile spread on Cleo's lips.

Isis churred a languid respone to Etanor, but Osiris chittered nervously. Cleo's hand quickly rose to her bronze fire-lizard's tail, stroking it soothingly. Cleo chuckled. "Poor little man. He's jealous of the other bronzes, but not quite sure why," she explained to the others.

Etanor chirruped encouragingly to the smaller bronze as if to say, "Don't worry little fellow. You'll ahve your day." He landed beside Cleo and looked at the dishes that were being cleared away. He would grab a few pieces of scraps from the plates while batting away searching hands with his wing then letting them grab the plate once he was done.

K'leb reached his mind out to the firelizard and thought about something. "Hey may be upset that he isn't mature enough yet to breed." he couldn't help but allow himself a small laugh. Etanor was at least 4 years older than the younger one.

Osiris settled back down and Cleo offered a bit of her meatball to the foraging bronze. "Perhaps that's it. My empathy doesn't catch such distinctions. All I can tell is that neither has quite switched over to lust yet. Although Isis is close, judging by her size and color." Cleo wiped her hands together, brushing off any residual crumbs into her plate and took one last swig of klah. She then murmured quiet commands to Isis and Osiris, cueing them to take to the air while she stood up. "So. Should we be heading out to the Bowl with our dragons now, K'leb?" she asked as her fire-lizards fluttered back down to land on her shoulders, Isis on her right and Osiris on her left.

G'ty felt overwhelmed when Ezran swooped down and gave him a hug. He mumbled something and hurried off, his face beat red. he headed for the closest washroom, to wash his face and snap out of his unexpected reverie.

Elna saw her brother hurry away but he was leaving through a different exit. She leaned against the frame to the entrance to the dining cavern, spying the group of weyrlings. She was especially happy to see them, because she was feeling uneasy in the Weyr lately. She missed the sea, and if not for Koulcth she would never have stayed at Benden for so long. Koulcth was sunning on a ledge, and Elna drew comfort from her presence.

Just then J'eb touched a hand on her shoulder, and she jumped, startled. He chuckled, and walked to the group, waving at her to come too. She followed him, glad to at least have friends.

"Hello everyone!" J'eb said, and plunked down in a spare seat. Elna contented herself with a smile and a nod to them, and stayed standing, leaning against the near wall. Eccos popped in with a delicious pastry and dropped it into her hand with a squawk and poofed away again.

Soria chewed on her lip again as she listened to Hethath. She'd known he was worried, she just hadn't quite realised how much he worried. She cursed herself for not noticing how badly he worried sooner. She is his best friend, Soria, so why would he worry less then you. Shards, I'm an idiot.

She felt Atisith's disaproval through there bond and winced. She watched K'leb converse with Cleo. She stayed quiet and simply watched. Amphitere chirped at her reminding her to eat even as Atisith lectured her for not eating yet.

It's not my fault I wan't hungry last night or imediately after I got up this morning. I rarely skip meals, so I live if I miss one.Soria's tone was exasperated as she spoke to the dragon. She really just hadn't been hungry after lessons yesterday and had gone straight to bed. Then earlier in the morning she'd seen to getting Atisith fed and then gone back to her scrolls. Honestly, Dearling, I'll be fine. See, I'm eating.

Atisith passed along what Soria had said to Hethath hoping he could convince K'leb to talk to Soria. Soria was right in that she rarely missed a meal, but it worried Atisith how often it had been occuring the last few weeks. If it got worse, Atisith didn't know what to do. Still doesn't mean we don't worry Soria.

Soria nodded to Atisith even though the gold was not physically present. She greeted Elna's and J'eb's dragons even as she greeted the riders. "Hello, Elna, J'eb. How are you both?"

Edited by Mijikoi

K'leb looked around at those that were still seeming to eat. "If you want, you can rest for a bit because most of the flights are still eating. For now, I must rest while I can because there are rumors that F'nor has some tests for Hethath, T'lom, and his dragon whose name escapes me." he said rubbing his eyes as his telepathy started to give him a headache. He seemed to teeter for a moment and nearly pass out but he regained his composure in a moment. One of the young wyerlings came up to him and tugged on his trousers. "yes little one?" he asked and picked up the child in his arms. "When we will have lessons Uncle k'leb?" the little boy asked. K'leb smiled brightly and patted the child's back. "after I get back from my training." he said and smiled. "Okey dokey then." the little boy said sweetly as K'leb put the boy down and scampered off.

Ezran waved to Elna and made one of the boys to move. "Cummon Elna...please sit." she said her dashing blue eyes begging silently for her to come and sit there. "I promise the other blue and green rider's won't bite." Many of those riders nodded their heads emphatically and those sitting nearest Ezran shrunk back.

Zee walked into the kitchen looking quite worn. She had flown on Henath for several days now non-stop in the Thread Fall and her body was wearing down. She couldn't seem to trust any of the healers to give her the right concotions like Heedana did.

Soria wanted to rush to K'leb's side when she saw him sway, but froze at the thought of him being hurt. When he'd righted himself, Soria let out a breathe of relief. She eyed him a moment and then abruptly stood, leaving her mostly cleared plate on the table. She scooped up Amphitere, whom had at somepoint settled on the table and proclaimed she need to return to her studies. She walked quickly from the kitchens to where she knew her Atisith would be sunning. As she hurried down the halls to her own weyr, Soria called out to Atisith. Do you mind company, Dearling? I'm feeling somewhat out of sorts.

Of course not, Sor. Atisith's tone was both calming and gentle as she spoke to her rider. You know your company is always welcome.

Soria dropped to the ground beside Atisith and leaned her back against the dragon. Atisith had chosen to rest in the bowl floor where she'd known Soria would wind up before noon. Amphitere and Achronos flitted around Atisith's head in merriment at seeing they're large friend. Soria leaned her head back to stare at the sky with a blank expression. Sometimes, others confused her far too much.

Edited by Mijikoi

((Sorry I was gone all day....stupid junior military shtuff wore me down especially with four hours of sleep. *shines boots in dark corner with shifty eyes* I need to fall asleep!!))

T'lom's heart skipped a beat when he saw Elna walk in. Finally! A girl that he actually didn't mind being around, not that Ezran wasn't so bad. It was just that Elna had this certain brightness about her that made T'lom want to forget himself.

Not again! You've got to be joking! Stop filling my head with your gushy thoughts or I'll tell Soria and K'leb and every other dragon. Not that they've probably around noticed anyway...

Oh, be quiet, will you? T'lom flashed a weak smile at Elna before he quickly ate the small meal before him. His appettite had yet to grow since he had arrived at the weyr, but he felt perfectly fine. He stood up and cleared his space before he made his way back to Feyth. He had remembered K'leb had said there was going to be some tests. Well, if there was then he didn't study.

You'll probably do well anyway, T'lom, like you always do. Feyth comforted as T'lom walked into his barracks and began to oil his dragon. Lira rested in a nearby corner, her wings gently folded around her. She had calmed down a lot after losing her friend Hayzef in the middle of a Threadfall. T'lom remembered the feeling of losing Hayzef and swore he wouldn't let it happen again. It hurt too much.

Cleo followed her fellow queenrider to the Bowl, calling Neith down from her weyr. She stood silently for a moment, watching her beloved's distinctive ripple-patterned hide play over her shifting muscles. Neith butted her rider playfully in the chest before curling around Cleo and relaxing in the sand, facing Atisith. Cleo sat down, leaning against Neith's side.

Cleo sighed peacefully, closing her eyes and enjoying the all too short-lived warmth that the sun manages to sneak into the Weyr, set into the mountain as it was. Isis had fluttered down to the sand before Neith arrived, sparing a chirp for her royal cousin, but focusing on shaping the sand. Osiris tried to help by offering the older queen small stones he found and dug up. Cleo opened her eyes to look at her friend. "Hey, Soria. Atisith. It's been too long since we last had a chance to really talk. What with me constantly being sent over to Fort and you studying Benden's scrolls. Mind if I sit here?" she asked.

((Yay. The forum is back. ^.^ Oh, that minds me I gotta ask Love if I can snag one more fire lizard. Any suggestions on what color if she says I can have it?))

Soria gave Cleo a smile and gave a giggle. She leaned forward to rest her arms on her knees. Amphitere landed lightly on Soria's head, while Achronos took up his place on her right shoulder. "Hello, Cleo, Neith. Of course, I always have room for you, Cleo, and I know what you mean. It's a good thing we decided to wait on the whers and the runners or we'd never sleep. How was your last trip?"

((She didn't mind me adding in Osiris. Would you have one already hatched and part grown or would you be taking an egg?))

Cleo blinked at Amphitere's choice of perch. "Wonder why she sits there. Mine have never shown any interest in my head as a perch," she murmured. Responding to Soria's comment, Cleo said, "Yeah, it wouldn't have been fair to anybody involved. And the wher still wouldn't have any purpose, even if we got one now. Poor thing would have nothing to do." Neith's head swung 'round to rest in Cleo's lap, eyes revolving a slow green. Cleo stroked the beautiful golden head. "Fort was interesting, as always. Oldive was having trouble with some his patients. Amputees were experiencing pain that he couldn't account for. I couldn't account for it either, because it was emanating from the parts that had been amputated." Cleo shook her head. "Their minds were perceiving pain, but the source . . . just wasn't there."

Say it, or I will, came the firm mental command from Neith. Cleo's sigh hid a touch of a growl. "The trip itself wasn't that fun," she stated with narrowed eyes. "The bronzerider Fort Weyr sent to ferry me around tried to hit on me. At least, that's what I think he was doing. Very annoying because they always send him, and he always does it." Neith churred reasuringly at Cleo.

((Mostly grown. Probably a month or two younger then Amphitere and Achronos. That way it was born when Amphi and Achronos could fly and Soria hadn't gotten to overwhelmed with studing, yet.))

"Might be because she sleeps over my head at night and it's how she pretends to read with me." Soria smiled and looked up at Amphitere. She looked thoughtfully as she took in what Cleo had said about the patients. "Hm, and there's no clue what's causing it? Maybe we should bring that up with Lessa during our lessons? And wait a broxe rider was giving you a hard time? Why didn't you try shoving his head up-"

Atisith nudged Soria before she could complete the sentence. Soria giggled as Atisith gave her own version of laughter.Play nice, Sor.

Soria smiled brightly at Cleo. "Maybe we can ask Lessa if one of our bronzeriders can ferry you next time?"

Edited by Mijikoi

((So, whatever color you choose, you could say it came from the same clutch as Osiris. And I've been running on the assumption that Osiris was out of L'don's Pterax.))

Cleo snorted quietly and Neith's eyes whirled faster with amusement. His dragon apologized for him, Neith said, followed closely by Cleo saying, "And being airborne at the time, I didn't figure it all that wise to go beating courtesy into him. I would prefer one of our bronzeriders to ferry me, but the Oldtimers are touchy beasts."

The young woman flexed her shoulders and leaned back to look up at the walls of the Bowl, riddled with the dark holes of weyrs and ledges sporting brightly colored dragons lounging. "You know, Lessa and F'lar will probably throw open our mating flights. We're junior weyrwomen, and with the level of inbreeding in the Benden line, I'd agree with them. I've never seen another dragon with Neith's rippling pattern, you know."

((I kind of want a gold fire lizard, but we have quite a few of them running around.))

Should I see about getting a message about his behavior to the Fort Weyrleader? Soria winced at the thought of Atisith being flown by a bronze that wasn't Hethath. Oh, she was well aware it could happen, she just wasn't fond of the idea. "True enough. You should tell Lessa about him, though. If Fort Weyr can't giverespect to a Queenrider, then imagine what he might be doing to anyone not protected by our status. I'll keep quiet if you want me to, but he shouldn't be allowed to treat you like that. And as far as being flown by another weyrs bronze; well that'll be circumstantial. If they can't make it to the flight, then the choice'll be out of they're hands."