mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ooooh! I am very interested in the new Benden queen. biggrin.gif If it'd be possible for you to hold it for a few days until the holiday eggs start hatching, that'd be awesome!<3

And Eragon, that would be lovely of you. biggrin.gif Ldyfsh comes first though!

Edited by infiniteviking

Ooooh! I am very interested in the new Benden queen. biggrin.gif If it'd be possible for you to hold it for a few days until the holiday eggs start hatching, that'd be awesome!<3

biggrin.gif Should be unlocked in about 1-2 days... Will let ESR know when that happens smile.gif

Edited by Ldyfsh

That's fine! Benden will take good care of it until then! If it hits the 3day mark, I'll influence it female if I can.

<3

Well Telgar's Queens had a very productive flight. We have pulled through the latest flights with three new queen eggs and a bronze.

Queen Crystalth was caught by bronze Avath to produce this little queen

Queen Talenth was caught by her unusual pink mate to produce this little queen

Queen Falieth was caught by bronze Goliathhttp://dragcave.net/lineage/cPqXK to produce this - is an uncle to Crystalth's egg

Queen Pridith was caught by bronze Canth to produce this little bronze

All are to go to new homes, but LdyFsh and Inviniteviking have the first pick of them

hang on whats this? White Dalieth decided to chase another wild pink and has brought home this little white egg for his weyr. We won't be passing this one on then.

Ooooo those are lovely!!! Honshu would love to give a home to Queen Talenth's baby and weyrling, if that is possible... Only problem we have is that with all the "Harvest" excitement around here we have a lot of "clean-up" work to do and won't have room for a new egg for another 24 hrs. Is it possible for Queen Talenth to watch over the egg for another day??? If so, we will gladly send a rider and dragon to Telgar to teleport the new baby to Honshu tomorrow smile.gif Thank you for the opportunity to add some new blood to Honshu's Weyr smile.gif

Talanth is happy to know that her baby has been adopted by Honshu. She will care for it until it hatches if you so like, We have influenced all the eggs, so perhaps when they hatch would be a better time?

Our gold, who said her name is Corinth, is still being courted by all the Weyrs' representatives over here. When she grows up, a flight will probably decide her affiliation.

I've got a question about that, though. Usually I adopt eggs from the various Weyrs presided over by the holders listed in the front of the thread, and then give them CB mates to create 'wings' affiliated to that Weyr. Corinth, however, has no official Pern dragons in her direct lineage. Do I have to adopt an already-lineaged Pern dragon as a permanent mate for her? (This is the first time I've actually had a queen, so idk what to do! xd.png)

And Mishii, I should be unlocked enough to pick up the Benden queen some time tonight! biggrin.gif Though... the same question applies to her. xd.png

Talanth is happy to know that her baby has been adopted by Honshu. She will care for it until it hatches if you so like, We have influenced all the eggs, so perhaps when they hatch would be a better time?

That would be lovely... Honshu will prepare a nice place to house both dragonet and weyrling for when they are both ready to "go between" on their trip to their new home smile.gif All current dragons are joyfully awaiting their arrival smile.gif

Just let us know when they are ready and we will send the wingleader of our Telgar Wing to lead the little one on "her" first trip "between" to "her" new home. wink.gif

Our gold, who said her name is Corinth, is still being courted by all the Weyrs' representatives over here. When she grows up, a flight will probably decide her affiliation.

I've got a question about that, though. Usually I adopt eggs from the various Weyrs presided over by the holders listed in the front of the thread, and then give them CB mates to create 'wings' affiliated to that Weyr. Corinth, however, has no official Pern dragons in her direct lineage. Do I have to adopt an already-lineaged Pern dragon as a permanent mate for her? (This is the first time I've actually had a queen, so idk what to do! xd.png)

And Mishii, I should be unlocked enough to pick up the Benden queen some time tonight! biggrin.gif Though... the same question applies to her. xd.png

No. You can catch a CB mate and name it for Pern, or use any suitable mate that you like. Try to follow the breed/naming scheme and you'll be fine biggrin.gif

Thanks, Mishii, I was hoping you'd say that. biggrin.gif And thanks as well for the queen egg, now warming on the Benden sands!

As for gold Corinth, she matured quickly -- and in a shocking twist, one of our oldest Pern bachelor dragons, brown Crwth who was exiled from Benden because he couldn't get along with Kaiidth and it was before renaming existed so I couldn't put him elsewhere, caught her in an astounding flight which resulted in a gold egg on the sands of Fort Weyr! The dragons and their riders appear to have courted in secret, and the brown rider's friends were reportedly in tears over his finding a mate and a permanent home after so long. Corinth has settled as a resident Queen at Fort Weyr, to protect Harper Hall and its environs, and songs are already being written about the flight -- which is fitting, as crwth is a word for an ancient, near-forgotten string instrument.

If anybody would like to give Corinth and Crwth's golden baby a home, let me know! Since she's my first bred gold tinsel egg, coming from my first-caught gold tinsel dragon, I'd like to give preference to those in the lineage who don't have a gold tinsel yet, but otherwise the offer's open to anyone who's already in this group. ^^

And Eragon and Dreamer, congratulations on your tinsel successes! I am interested in Prideth and Canth's little bronze from Telgar, and in Dreamer's bronze as well.

Talenth has rising to the skies once more in order to bring her daughter to Honshu.

Canth flies with her, bringing forth his bronze child to Fort.

I would be interested in Corinth's egg

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

Talenth has rising to the skies once more in order to bring her daughter to Honshu.

Canth flies with her, bringing forth his bronze child to Fort.

I would be interested in Corinth's egg

Thank you so much... Dragonet and weyrling have safely arrived and been housed with the other weyrlings and dragonets. Now the weyr awaits the "Queen's" maturity and first flight... hopefully "she" will like one of our many strong males smile.gif Will update on her name as soon as she overcomes her shyness and lets us know what it is... both dragonet and weyrling have been a little shy due to the newness of their surroundings.

Edited by Ldyfsh

Sorry for the double post, but wanted to make sure that this thread was bumped up to the top of the list so all would know about the update...

UPDATE:

On Honshu's other Queens... there has been a plethora of flights here in Honshu, but so far only 2 Queen2 have been caught...

#1 --> Gold Epicath was caught by Bronze Sagirth and has laid one beautiful Gold Egg! This mating has been the cause of not only celebration (the gold egg), but also concern... the concern derives from the discovery of "old breeding records" that state that both mother and father have one of the "Original Bronzes (the one with the 'F-word' name)" as a shared ancestor. This being said, the ancestor IS fairly far back in the lineage and if any Weyr would still like to adopt the egg, it is up for impression... If not, Honshu will probably gift it to an obscure hold that has no Queens....

#2 --> Queen Lamanth was caught by our rare White male, Silveth, and an odd bronzy-gold egg was produced... we have no idea if it is a queen egg or bronze egg, but if some weyr would like to take a chance on it, it is available for impression smile.gif

Please PM our Weyr Leader if you have a weyrling at your Hold or Weyr that is available to be a candidate for impression for either of these eggs smile.gif

Quick note (brought up by the F-word ancestor) - if you accidentally (or not) inbreed and don't wish to keep the dragon, you may abandon or freeze. If you don't care about inbreeding, that's also fine. (Personally I like clean lines) I'm pretty sure that there was SOME inbreeding in actual Pern, though, if you think about it.

That being said, if nobody claims that gold, I could freeze it for my frozen sprite collection >_>

The "logic" behind it could be that some genetic defect prevented it from growing full size, or whatever strikes your fancy.

But I am OKAY WITH FREEZING if any of you wish to do so.

Canth and Pridith's hatchling has arrived safely at Fort! Corinth and Crwth welcome hatchling and rider, and send their golden egg back in return (via PM). Thank you!

And congrats on the successes, ldyfsh!~

haha i agree about the possible inbreeding... I mean, Mnemeth was an older generation than Ramoth... Pretty sure that was inbreeding, due to only one queen being around at the time...

Mine that are inbred stay just bigger than firelizards and never rise to mate. aka: freezing

I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!!!! xd.png

Sorry.... I just found this wink.giflaugh.gif

Edited by S_Searcher

Been so long since I've even seen stuff about Pern. dry.gif

Our library got rid of most of their books. mad.gifdry.gifsad.gif

Hope to see more on this! laugh.gif

Edited by S_Searcher

Hey guys back from the dead!

Well, Aliarth was caught by an unnamed bronze but produced no egg. And strangely enough, Caylith rose but was not caught. So the only queen in my cave is still an egg, but one white dragon has an eye on it.