Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

Feel free to act like Sen's going crazy. 'cause, well, soon... he will be.

Heck, if things go badly enough he might end up siding with the Bad Guys to stop "the voices."

But that's highly unlikely. Still, t'would be quite interesting.

I'm sorry jaina for the boredom it's causing you, but I have to admit, it's not entirely my fault. I think I'll go and PM Sess again after writing up another post.

Yeah Rosella, but I think you mean the Thunder one. Also, if you prefer, you could take the Winter spot. It's been nearly two months since I've seen dani-xo online. And here's what has happened so far. Despite the fact that there are twelve pages, we haven't gotten very far, so there's not much for you to catch up on. Anyway:

Throughout the day of June 23rd, the characters had some weird foreboding feeling. A number of them saw some weird sites, but for the most part, they lived their lives. Before the dawn of June 24th arrived, the characters all had a dream, which were different from one another but all pointed toward one destination: Forest Park. After awaking, the noise that immediately reached their ears was a horribly raucous scratching sound from outside their home. It dies away eventually, and the characters either fall back asleep or just lay there wide awake. When morning at last arrived, the characters awoke to discover that their features had significantly altered, some more disturbingly than others. For example, Danni (Kira1’s character) woke up to find that her eyes and hair had changed color, while Sophia (Skarx’s character) found that her hair had turned green and that there was a tint of blue to her skin. After their initial shock, somehow, each and every one of the character find themselves at Forest Park, either voluntarily or involuntarily. The characters then begin finding each other, and most of their encounters weren’t off to a good start.

Shirayuki (jaina’s character) had been walking about near the edge of the forest when Sen (Rheadark’s character), who had been hiding in a tree) somehow fell out and nearly landed on top of Shirayuki. They stutter their introductions, and then, Sen caught sight of Clay (SandMessiah’s character) somewhere in the trees near them. Thinking him to be the murderer, Sen cried aloud, alerting both Shira and Clay. Clay tried to escape but ended hurting his leg. Immediately, he pulled out some home-made flamethrower he made out of graffiti cans and aimed it at Shira and Sen. Sen fled and hid in an oak tree far away, while Shirayuki took him on. The two fight, and the match ends in a draw when Shira uses most of her energy in flipping Clay over.

Meanwhile, Sadine (Key2Universe’s character) had wandered in Forest Park and stopped at this dome stage, where she began dancing. Breckin (MurderMayhemXX’s character) came upon her and watched her until her dance was over. They began talking about their dreams and got off to a pretty good start.

In another part of the forest, Sophia (Skarx’s character) came upon Alina (Mangaholic’s character), who mistook her to be some angry murderer and fled, but then, her foot caught on the root of an oak tree (truly coincidentally, the same one Sen was hiding within) and she fell backwards , banged her head on another tree, and passed out. Sophia heard her cry and went to investigate. Alina recovered after about five minutes or so and attempted to rid herself of Sophia, but in vain. All this time, Sen was observing the two strange girls, one with green hair and bluish skin and the other with feathers in her hair, but no attempt to leave the safety of his tree.

Back to Shirayuki and Clay – Clay congratulated Shira and began walking away when Rhiannon (an Umbralatronis. Thank you very much, Rosella biggrin.gif) found them. Now here, my memory gets a bit fuzzy, but I think Shirayuki nearly killed Rhiannon with a knife but luckily missed. Rhiannon didn’t pay much attention to that, but she got an immediate disliking to Clay. I think she insulted Clay about being a weakling and then Clay charged at her. However, she dodged the attack and continued mocking him. He, in anger, attempted to leave the scene, but Rhiannon shot an arrow at him, nicking his ear, and demanded that he stay. Shirayuki then proceeded to demand of Rhiannon an explanation for all that had happened, but before Rhiannon could properly reply, she was interrupted by the arrival of three more Umbralatronis, Belinos, Hadyn, and Tristen. Tristen chased Clay down and restrained him with manacles, but knocking him out. Belinos answered a couple of Shira’s questions, before leaving to check up on Malduk, whom he feared was taking his rage and grief out on some unlucky hybrid. Hadyn and Rhiannon began talking to each other while Shira retreated to the shade. Clay, after having a dream, awoke once again, startling the three Umbra teens. Tristen and Hadyn ran into one another in an attempt to protect Rhianno and ended having an angry bicker. Rhiannon tried to kill Clay herself, but Hadyn stopped her, before proceeding to tell Clay a lie about what had really happened. Clay, angered, tried to walk away, but Hadyn and Tristen stopped him. Hadyn then challenged him to a fight. If Clay won, he would be allowed to leave.

So anyway, the Umbralatronis heard some random rumor that the hybrids would be found at Forest Park and decided to investigate. Rhiannon and Hadyn were not part of this investigation group, as they had left the house before the others had, which they weren’t supposed to do at all. They had been confined to the house, but they broke the rules. So yeah, Hadyn had been caught by Rhiannon’s father and her not-as-close friend, Tristen, and led them back to Rhiannon. Meanwhile, in other parts of the park, other Umbra were searching for any remaining hybrids.

Now to Sadine and Breckin - Emilia and Kiril stumbled upon these two Summer hybrids. Emilia remained in hiding, while Kiril wandered out on stage to greet them. Immediately, Sadine and Kiril began insulting one another, and Kiril probably would’ve ended up the loser had not Breckin interrupted, asking if their petty argument was going anywhere. Kiril then got to point, declaring that the two hybrids would have to follow him back to where Rhiannon currently was. Sadine once again gets them into an argument. Danni accidentally wandered upon this scene, but before she could escape, Kiril caught sight of her and called her over. Sadine then noticed that someone was behind her and called the person out. This person turned out to be Evelyn (Sesshia’s character), and Sadine assumed that Evelyn was Kiril’s reinforcement. After the hybrids introduced themselves, Kiril then demanded that they follow him. Breckin was the first to agree, followed by Sadine, though not without a fight. Evelyn, seeing their quick consent, was disgusted and began mocking them. Kiril and Breckin began yelling at her, and Danni attempt to escape during the commotion. However, Emilia had been watching over her and when she had begun backing up, Emilia revealed herself and began threatening Danni with her bow, as well as mocking her. Danni grudgingly returned to the group. This is about when Carlie (Dashidragon’s character} showed up, covered all in mud and looking like a swamp monster. He immediately began mocking Sadine for her “big-mouth” and Breckin just because. Carlie and Breckin had met before the RP began. He then declared that he was going to leave, seeing that there was nothing there for him, but Emilia stopped him by insulting him. Carlie, in his anger, threw mud at both her and Breckin, but said that he would give Kiril his divided attention. At this point, Evelyn exploded, saying that she wouldn’t go without a fight. She proceeded to say some more things, which drove Kiril past his patience. He pulled out his sword and threatened her with it, but Evelyn refused to back down. He then stabbed her in the foot, which Gordon (Odio’s character) happened to witness when he arrived, and that’s where things have ended. We are waiting for Sesshia’s post.

Once again to Alina, Sen, and Sophia – Brunor, Malduk, and Miranda wandered upon this trio. Miranda spotted Sen hidden in the tree and went after him. Malduk, in seeing Alina’s face, beat her unconscious, so that she was left with a badly bruised leg, and even worse head, and a broken hand. Sophia tried stopping this, but Brunor stopped her before she could attack Malduk. She fled and Brunor let her go, saying that she would get caught again anyway. After climbing up extremely high in the tree, Sen began hurling acorns at Miranda and then scuttled down the tree, only to be caught by Malduk. The two captured hybrids were taken back to the clearing. Belinos, who came upon Sophia and thus captured her, joined the group and they all returned to the clearing where Hadyn and the others were. They ignored the fight going on between Hadyn and Clay and walked straight to Tristen, telling him to watch over Sen and Sophia. While Sen and Sophia talked and bothered Tristen, Belinos and the others, along with an unconscious Alina, walked over to where Rhiannon was sitting. Rhiannon, upon seeing Alina’s face, threw a wild tantrum and tried to finish Alina off, but her father stopped her, and she fell to the ground weeping in bitter rage. Several dozen meters away, the fight between Clay and Hadyn had a very anticlimactic end, as Key2Universe had remarked, and both of the two guys dragged themselves over to Rhiannon. Clay and Hadyn then have some argument next to Rhiannon, who seemed to not have even noticed them. Then, Clay went over to where Sen and Sophia were and joined in with them to annoy Tristen. Here, Mark (myahoo’s character) made his show when he, who had been spying on the group, accidentally revealed himself and was chased down by Malduk. He was caught when he fell into a pond. Sophia, bored, left the group, though followed by Miranda, and came upon the sight of Malduk and a sodden Mark. Sophia went back to the clearing, and Malduk took Mark back. Oh yeah, somewhere in that time, Sen had been pulled underground by the grass and was pulled back up by Tristen. So anyway, those hybrids were taken back to the carriages at the gate, and were struck with momentary awe by the horned horses harnessed to the carriages/carts and the winged horses standing aloof from them. All of them, except Alina and Clay, were stuffed in the larger carriage, while Alina and Clay were put in the cesspit of a cart. Clay, horrified by what had happened to Alina, swore that he would kill all of the Umbralatronis. In the larger carriage, the hybrids conversed, trying to figure out what was going on. Gregory (Odio’s character) accidentally got himself caught and was also put into the larger cart.

Aloof from what happened is Lakshmi, Dashidragon’s character, who has yet to reach the park. She had just learned that her father was likely to die, and so now we’re just waiting for Dash’s next post.

And that should be it. Correct me, peoplez, if I messed up somewhere.

Sorry people about lack of posting. I'll go read over stuff. I believe I had a reply ready... and stuffed somewhere in my computer memory.. D;

edit;

ouch.

Sorry Kiril. <3

Edited by Sesshia

Wowza what a summary Manga! (Typing while your pinky is asleep is very strange indeed.)

Yay for RP awesomeness

Thanks for the update, Mangaholic. smile.gif

Oh, and I change my mind. The character I had in mind just really wouldn't fit in either court so I think he's going to be an Umbralatronis. And maybe it'll make things more interesting.

Where are the character sheets for the Umbra? Uh, other people's ones, I mean.

Do I use the creature form? 'Cause it seems kinda lacking in stuff to write...

Edited by Rosella Surmane

Eehh?

All of the Umbralatronis in that summary were NPC's. Sorry about the confusion. I haven't yet made a spot available for Umbralatronis, and those NPC's, or most of them, are only there to move the plot along. They'll be gone soon.

The creature form is a thingee to feel out if you would like to create a new race of faerie and other Downworlder, so yeah...

As a side note, I know I based most of this off of City of Bones, but I ended creating a darker and more serious world, so yeah, just to let you know.

Just checking, people do fly backwards when they're electrocuted, right? I've never actually seen it happen in RL.

Odio, I won't post for Emilia until at least two people get the chance to react to what happen. (I say two because Murder still seems to be grounded, and Dash seems pretty busy lately.) Hopefully, that's fine with you.

Edit: Also, Rosella, you might want to read from this post onward, since I didn't include it in the summary. That one is pretty interesting though, so you won't have to worry about being bored out of your mind.

The NPCs are: Belinos; Brunor; Emilia; Hadyn; Kiril; Malduk; Miranda; Rhiannon; and Tristen.

Edited by Mangaholic

I really need to post soon *facepalms*

*states yelling at self for not posting for so long*

I'll get right on it. I'll post today or tomorrow hopefully. :3

The NPCs are: Belinos; Brunor; Emilia; Hadyn; Kiril; Malduk; Miranda; Rhiannon; and Tristen.

Completely off topic;

I'm singing with a group pronounced 'Riot-tonne' and I felt like it was spelled Rhiaton though I didn't know why.

And now I do.

Anyways ;

I'm not sure myself, but it works, I think. It fits in with the mood. smile.gif

edit;

LOL I read gordon's post.

Possible romance, mmm ?

xd.png

Edited by Sesshia

LOL I read gordon's post.

Possible romance, mmm ?

wink.gif

We are talking hormonal sixteen year olds after all!

(that wink face soo does not convey proper wink-faceage)

Odio, I won't post for Emilia until at least two people get the chance to react to what happen. (I say two because Murder still seems to be grounded, and Dash seems pretty busy lately.) Hopefully, that's fine with you.

That sounds about right Manga. It's only fair to let people who have more of a RL than me to keep up with the RP. dry.giflaugh.gif

wink.gif

We are talking hormonal sixteen year olds after all!

(that wink face soo does not convey proper wink-faceage)

Suddenly I feel my immature side bubbling up...

well Evelyn's a little stubborn so... smile.gif

Yeah I noticed, lol, what with the electrocution and all. Kiril did kind of deserve it though. laugh.gif

I thought it was a good oppurtunity for him to notice her good looks, because she was unconscious and couldn't be glaring at him. ^__^

Yeah I noticed, lol, what with the electrocution and all. Kiril did kind of deserve it though. laugh.gif

I thought it was a good oppurtunity for him to notice her good looks, because she was unconscious and couldn't be glaring at him. ^__^

LOLOLOL

oh goodness.

Kiril really did deserve that. xd.png

Well, I think with Evelyn and Kiril down and out, the rage of the RP is sort of slipping away. ^^

But as for EvelynXXGordon, I suddenly get the image of Gordon being electrocuted too xd.png unless Evelyn's not that type. Idk.

Odio, as a heads up, Gordon isn't going in the same carriage as his crush. So maybe you should have him daydreaming about her the entire time. xd.png

So, anyway, the ones that are fatally wounded are Alina, Carlie, and Evelyn, right? Everyone else is just fine, I think.

Edited by Mangaholic

Kiril really did deserve that. xd.png

Well, I think with Evelyn and Kiril down and out, the rage of the RP is sort of slipping away. ^^

But as for EvelynXXGordon, I suddenly get the image of Gordon being electrocuted too xd.png unless Evelyn's not that type. Idk.

Odio, as a heads up, Gordon isn't going in the same carriage as his crush. So maybe you should have him daydreaming about her the entire time. xd.png

So, anyway, the ones that are fatally wounded are Alina, Carlie, and Evelyn, right? Everyone else is just fine, I think.

LMAOOO.

I love how you say 'everyone else is just fine' and how three of us are critically injured so nonchalantly.

Well, at first, expect a LOT of electrocution in the nearby future. But then if (when) she reciprocates, it's gonna be hella sweet, and she'll open up to him and all that. :3

I can make her think 'warm hands' or something and relate it to her father as she's passed out, LOL .

LOLOLOL

oh goodness.

I'm sayin. xd.png I'm not really sure what you mean by warm hands and her father? Oh wait Evelyn has some crazy family thing going on, doesn't she? It's actually funny that you say that about the warm hands, because I was planning on Gordon to start getting tired from carrying you (err, Evelyn ninja.gif ), and unconsciously cool himself off with his Winter faeryness.

- Wait, what happened to Carlie? I missed that part. Where is everyone? *wants to pooooooost*

..... blink.gif

Edited by Odio

I'm sayin. xd.png I'm not really sure what you mean by warm hands and her father? Oh wait Evelyn has some crazy family thing going on, doesn't she? It's actually funny that you say that about the warm hands, because I was planning on Gordon to start getting tired from carrying you (err, Evelyn ninja.gif ), and unconsciously cool himself off with his Winter faeryness.

Ooh, interesting.

What I meant is, while unconcious, she'll think: "... Warm hands..." and she'll have a flash back of her father or something, who died on the streets.

In other words, subconsciously, she's very comfortable in Gordon's arms.

(...lolwhut.)

So Sess gave me a poke and directed me to this RP.

I read it over and deemed it very interesting. :3 Briefly glanced through the first five pages and the last three pages of the actual IC thread, and also the summary Manga posted last page. I think I'll throw something together and have a Thunder court hybrid tossed to Manga within the next few days. ^^

Manga, maybe we can just dump the characters into the carts so we can move on, since some of the other posters aren't being very active.

agreed,at this rate, we're in danger of dying off like elementalist did

- Wait, what happened to Carlie? I missed that part. Where is everyone? *wants to pooooooost*

If I remember correctly, Carlie jumped onto the fire escape stairs to get away from his parents, but then the stairs collapse and he impaled his leg on a rusted piece of metal. At least I think that's what happened. I just know for sure that Carlie was wondering whether or not he had gotten a tetanus shot recently.

The ones who really need to post are Murder, who probably is still grounded; Kira, who will hopefully pop in soon; Key, whose computer problems might have come back; and Dash, who said she was getting a post ready.

The only ones in the carriage who can really reply to Greg's question are Sen and Sophia, since they're the only ones who actually saw it.

Dilemma here. Rosella, are you fine with a Winter spot?

Manga, maybe we can just dump the characters into the carts so we can move on, since some of the other posters aren't being very active.

I wish I could do that. I probably will if it hasn't already been done so by Friday, but still, I would rather everyone up there posted first.

Elementalist died because Val disappeared. I won't let this die, at least not yet! *is determined* But seriously, hurry up and post, peoplez. At this rate, Murder, I don't mind if you make a carp post on your Itouch.

OOC// Sorry! School's back to haunt me or you would have received my PM this afternoon. xd.png I'll get to that winter character soon!

And again, thanks for the summary and such!