Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

Okay, well I'll post tomorrow after school. Here's the list of people. It's rather simple. In bold are the people who will be in the carriages/carts when Mark and Sophia come back.

Carriage #1:

Sadine

Breckin

Sen

Lakshmi

Sophia

Mark

Shirayuki

Danni

Evelyn

Carlisle

Carriage # 2

Alina

Clay

Lakshmi reminds me of Kelly from The Office. Is she like that?

Sess, great to see you back! ^^ There's really not much to recap on. Just some pointless arguments. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm doing this from memory.

While Kiril and Breckin were busy yelling at Evelyn, Danni was hoping to get away, but then Emilia emerged from where she was hiding. After taunting Danni for a while, Danni gave in and went back to the group. Around that time, Carlie showed up, covered in both blood and mud, because Kiril called him over. He expresses his distaste for Breckin and Sadine and decides to leave. Emilia insults him too, so now we're just waiting for Dash's response. I think the most important post that you should read was the one with Sadine's speech.

Here's the link: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry3228730

As for the other group, there was a fight between Clay and Hadyn, which ended pretty...anti-climactic, as Key said it. Rhiannon had tried to kill Alina after seeing how much she resembled Branwen (whose identity will be revealed later in the plot ^^ so yes, it's significant), or possibly because for that moment, she thought that Alina was Branwen. Her dad stopped her, so she just broke down. Clay sees this and abandons his fight, and both of the idiots limp over to Rhiannon.

Meanwhile, Sen and Sophia are busy annoying Tristen, who's pretty much annoying them back. Sophia spends most of the time imagining herself pelting Tristen with rocks. Shirayuki comes and starts yelling at them, before apologizing. The apology is completely ignored, because Sen and Sophia are now on edge.

Tristen said something about the Umbralatronis dying out and being to weak to stop the end of the world, to which Sen, Sophia, and Clay, who walked over there, started mocking him. Somewhere near them, Mark is spotted by Malduk, and Malduk chases after him. Mark runs into a pond, and Malduk sort of corners him there.

Tristen gets tired of being stuck with the hybrids and asks Rhiannon's dad if they could just lock the hybrids up when Malduk comes back with Mark. No answer to that yet. Sophia gets bored and leaves for the pond, without realizing what's over there. Sen got pulled a foot underground by the grass around him.

And I think that's all. Not much really happened. I would recommend you going back and reading the posts though, or at least skimming over them when you have time.

Edited by Mangaholic

Rhea, I'm leaving it up to you on deciding if the grass actually lets Sen back up. A foot underground is still considered a lot.

Sand, I have the weirdest feeling that you just used that moment to prove Clay's worth to Tristen and the others. Am I right?

Clay thinks Sen is a child, and he actually has a soft spot for children. So when he saw Sen being sucked into the ground, he wanted to get him out at any cost.

...maybe rolleyes.gif

I've never watched the office *runs off to Youtube*

*rushes back* Thats about an exact duplicate of her I would say xd.png

Whee! Lakshmi already has a place on the prison cart and I'm not even done with her application O_O Prison cart reminds me of those medieval movies where they stuff like 30 people in the back of a cart drawn by mules for some reason.

*goes to type a response* Sorry it took so long. I was having a bit fof trouble trying to think up a proper Carlie response, but I think I'm finally ready to write it.

Sorry for not posting anything yesterday. I'll try whenever I get the chance... which is not now, and probably won't be for a long time. I have a ton of work to do, so I'll come back to this later.

The great news is that once Mark and Sophia get back to the clearing, and Sen gets out of that hole, we can get those six in the prison carriages, where I won't hold you back.

So yeah... don't expect me to post anytime soon.

=.= I guess this would count as a bump as well. Excuse me for that post…

Kira, I believe you’re allowed to PM an approver after 7 days.

Dash, I know I shouldn’t be one to talk, but that post is taking you an awfully long time, isn’t it? And wow, if Lakshmi is like Kelly... I dread what will happen to the world.

Rhea, I would … appreciate it if … Sen somehow came out of the hole. That way, I can just shove them all in the prison carriage and not have to worry about them until Breckin’s group come over… and also to keep this RP interesting.

That’s what she said.

Oh derp. Sorry. I got distracted. I'll finish and put it up now.

Yeah, I'll have him come out. Sorry.

Post will come in due time, working on several things at once ATM.

Sorry, Dash, I didn’t post for Kiril but I can’t think of a proper reaction for Emilia yet, so I’m probably going to wait for Murder’s post.

But jaina can finally post now! I wrote all the way up to when Tristen tells them which carriage to go into, and once Alina, Clay, Mark, Sen, Shira, and Sophia get in, I’ll shut the doors and they can start talking away. I’ve sort of described the exterior, but here’s a quick description of the interior.

The large one, which is where most of them are going, is pretty simple inside. It has worn- down, splintery wooden benches and barred windows on both sides. There might be some cobwebs in the corners and dark stains (blood?) on the benches, but nothing too bad. It smells like it hasn’t been used in a long, long time.

The small one, like I promised, is much worse. The benches are made of rotting wood, and there’s a tiny slit, about three inches wide and five inches long, that serves as a window high up near the ceiling. Once the door shuts, it’s nearly pitch black in there, so Clay should only be able to see faint outlines of things. As for the smell, it smells like a cesspit, rotten flesh, and possibly like the trash can of an Asian home, if you’ve ever smelled one of those before. One may find dry blood crusted on the seats and walls around them.

Dash, so Lakshmi should just come across these prison carts and weird horses when she walks to Forest Park. I never gave a name for the “horses,” but I might… eventually. Any questions?

Oh yeah. Key and Skarx, I don’t think that your charries are ugly. It’s just that they were the first insults that came to mind when I read it.

Edited by Mangaholic

Q - does "plants" imply just true plants, or also things such as fungi?

Getting to a post...

Oh wow, that's weird. I was thinking about that when I typed up the post. I was thinking true plants at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that's there mold and stuff in the carriages.

It was from this really old post.

"Is that some new line used to pick up redheads? Because I gotta tell ya, it isn't working."

Kiril raised an eyebrow, surprised and annoyed by the girl's brazen tone. He felt like boxing her ears as he watched her cock her head to one side. He may have held deep respect for her Summer ancestors, but he felt only scorn and contempt for the ignorant teenager.

"Or are you here to explain that dream?" she added, after a moment's pause.

"Between the two options you've given me, I would choose the latter." He paused only briefly, to rake aside some light brown curls that had fallen over his eyes. "If I were out picking up girls, I doubt I would choose a foul creature like you," he finished scathingly.

Okay, now for the technical stuff... (sorry)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plants

Plants are living organisms belonging to the kingdom Plantae. They include familiar organisms such as trees, herbs, bushes, grasses, vines, ferns, mosses, and green algae.

I'm assuming this is what you're most familiar with. However, scrolling down...

"Land plants, also known as Embryophyta or Metaphyta. Plantae sensu strictissimo As the narrowest of plant categories, this is further delineated below."

"Green plants - also known as Viridiplantae, Viridiphyta or Chlorobionta Plantae sensu stricto Comprise the above Embryophytes, Charophyta (i.e., primitive stoneworts), and Chlorophyta (i.e., green algae such as sea lettuce). Viridiplantae encompasses a group of organisms that possess chlorophyll a and b, have plastids that are bound by only two membranes, are capable of storing starch, and have cellulose in their cell walls. It is this clade which is mainly the subject of this article."

"Archaeplastida, Plastida or Primoplantae Plantae sensu lato Comprises the green plants above, as well as Rhodophyta (red algae) and Glaucophyta (simple glaucophyte algae). As the broadest plant clade, this comprises most of the eukaryotes that eons ago acquired their chloroplasts directly by engulfing cyanobacteria."

Which one?

tl;dr - Only stuff like trees, grasses, mosses, etc. or also including algae of various sorts?

Ah, I just assumed that was because she was a halfie, not because she was ugly. I thought it was she's quite the pretty little thing, and he was just ignoring it because of her fey blood.

You should probabl;y stay with normal plants.... in my opinion. Else it becomes too compicated. There is plenty of grass in the world for you to find your fill of plants conversation and stuff.

I don't know... Green plant, trees, flower, algae and grass seems to cover pretty much 90% of the world no?

Ah, but that's when it gets interesting. Imagine being surrounded by things that talk. All the time. No silence, ever.

Well MAnga as the final word on it I was just saying my opinin on it XP

Also Manga don't worry I pretty much figured it was a insult.

That works a lot better, Key. tongue.gif

Dash, I've figured out their reaction a bit, but I still can't think of anything that they would do to Carlie that would work out well.

Well, Rhea, I feel bad for Sen now. xd.png No peace and quiet ever.

Anyway, here's what I've decided (Beware-Long Explanation):

Fungi don't count as plants. According to scientists, they belong to a different family.

Algae works, but there's a major catch. From what I know, algae are considered simple because they lack many characteristics of land plants. As result, this is what I've come up with. Sen can communicate with algae, but it's extremely unlikely that he will understand them, never mind get any necessary information from them.

For one thing, most of what algae will say will be incoherent and in gibberish. To make it worse, all the little algae particles will be speaking at the same time, and saying all different things, so it would be nearly impossible to figure the words out. To make it even more worse, their voices would be muffled, as if someone was talking to Sen underwater. So the whole point of algae is to drive Sen crazy. The main problem is that algae never stops taking. They keep going on and on and on, and most of what they say never makes sense. What does make sense usually can't be understood.

Seaweed is a form of algae, I think. Seaweed shouldn't that bad, except that it'd still be hard to understand due to the fact that their voices sound as if they are speaking to someone underwater.

Algae also really don't pay much attention to the world. Part of this is because of their "simplicity," and part of this is because they spend most of their lives underwater, where they don't hear much. True, there are creatures that live in the sea, but it would be hard to find a Florata out in the middle of the ocean. As a result of this, algae don't know much about the current events of this world, and they sort of wouldn't really care either, due to the fact that there is no future in their world. All they think about is the present.

Thats alright. Take the time you need. It was a stretch for me too thinking up a reaction for Carlie, part of the reason it took so long.

On the upside... Lakshmi is almost done. I just have to do her powers, strengths, and weaknesses and she shall be all ready to send ^^