Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

A shorter version? What do you mean?

As badly as the Winter ones are mistreated, I really hope that they don't end up unconscious too. That would end in terrible results, unless they don't stay unconscious for too long.

But anyways, now that Alina's gone through the same through that Clay did, how do you feel, Sand?

Edit: You guys are really fast readers. O.o

Edited by Mangaholic

Glad you did.

But that last part about iron is where I made a bad typo.

They're not immune to it. It won't hurt them if they're near for a short time, but long expose will sap them of their strength. That would be why the manacles are made of iron.

I thought that fey folk were weak to precious metals, not iron...

I really don't know.

Most of the books and tales I've read say iron, so I just picked it.

I'll go and post now, before I end up having to post for three characters again, since Alina's going to be down and out for a long time.

k cause I'm ready and waiting to post after nearly 48 hours of not really posting

I'm assuming the girl is Danni and not Evelyn, for now. I think someone else should notice her, or something. Hm.

Yeah, the girl's Danni. I thought noticing both of them would be a mouthfull.

Maybe Evelyn accidentally brushed against a dry branch and alerted everyone of her prescence? On what side is she on, exactly, because if she's on Emilia's side, she would have been noticed.

in terms of voltage, how many volts of electricity do you think a normal thunder court faerie could generate with their abilities? this is so I can think about how to gauge what Shira would have control over, and how many generations ago would the fae blood have entered their family?

Shira is probably going to go sulk for a while till it's time to leave

In terms of voltage, I would say as powerful as lightning. I have no idea what the number is, but since Thunder Faeries are in charge of thunderstorms, their powers should be that strong. Shira's should be nowhere near there.

As for generations, think back before the Common Era. It was a long time ago.

As for sulking, would you like me to get Belinos to leave so that Shira could try talking to Rhiannon and Hadyn?

that would be good, her dislike of Belinos already verges on disdain, if not hatred after five minutes. He could answer her question before he leaves though

after researching it

3,120,753,182,000,000,000,000,000,000 volts, that's a minimum for how many volts a normal lightning strike has, so would it be ok for Shira to end up with control of about a couple billion volts?

Edited by jaina

Yup, that should be fine.

Also, Shira's wind powers should be a notch or two below Danni's, just so that it's fair. Is that okay?

Edited by Mangaholic

I thought only Thunder Fey controlled lightning and electricity. O_o

and even her powers aren't anything near Shira's, from what I can tell right now.

Speaking of Thunder Court, I still don't know what I can alter with the Labios Ra, other than the little typo I had with 'lightning' instead of 'lighting'. So if that's all, could you post it up there so people know what I'm referring to when I say Evelyn was descended from them?

I was thinking she'll be facing opposite of your characters, in MurderMayhemxx's charrie's line of vision. Her hair should be easy enough to spot. happy.gif

yep, good thing, is you only need a billion volts or so to make a railgun, so Shira will be having fun smile.gif

No, Evenlyn's should be stronger than Shira's. Just not to 3,120,753,182,000,000,000,000,000,000 volts. Shira's charrie had Thunder blood in her, so she has some Thunder powers. As a result, her Storm powers are weakened even more.

If she was facing opposite of my characters, she would be behind Breckin, though. Do you plan on posting, or waiting for Key and Murder? Either way, I'm not posting until at least one of them do.

O_O Oh. whoops. Um, I'll wait until one of them posts and she'll probably echo in.

And I just noticed my one PM sitting in my inbox, sorry about that!

Ah, I see, sorry I didn't get a chance to look over all the characters and sorry if I seemed a little snippy. Is it alright if overtime Evelyn's powers develop to a point she can summon electricity at her own will (like the rest of the Labios Ra) and the extent of her powers increases over time?

no no no, since you said it's ok for shira to have a coupe billion volts, she has enough for that railgun ability I proposed for her a few pages ago that you ok'ed. And yes her wind abilities will be weakened because of that, I think a pure thunder hybrid would have something verging around a trillion volts if not more

so Evelyn would have like a hundred times the power Shira would have

pure being a relative term there

Edited by jaina

Over time was exactly what I was thinking. ^^ They're not going to wake up one morning and find that they've completely mastered their powers, at least to the point that their hybridness (if that's a word) will allow them.

Just wondering, by railgun, do you mean that it'll come from the palms of her hands?

Ah, because that's the same sort of thing Evelyn does (right now, at least) but probably a lot stronger too...

though I eagerly await when she is able to conduct electricity through her hair. ^-^ I'm not weird no I'm not.

Edited by Sesshia

O.o That is scary. Does the silver coin enhance the power or something?

Edited by Mangaholic

it's not silver I think so much as just like a quarter or something, you just need to make sure the desired item to shoot is a ferrous metal for the most part. And the glowing line behind the shot would actually be a plasma trail of a couple thousand degrees

and that show is pretty good to watch

Edited by jaina

Oh Manga, I already have a tiny subplot idea floating in my mind, involving Evelyn's father and herself. It mainly involves her only so it's not going to completely nose it's way through to the other members, but I think it's a good point to use once she matures for her to exhibit her true powers. I could PM my idea to you, though it's pretty much only for Evelyn and not really for the rest of the characters. I just want it to happen at one point.

jaina: i should watch it then, when I have more time. What's it about?

Sess: Sure, PM me the idea. I'm perfectly fine with it, since I have something waiting that involves Alina and her brother.

Rhea: How tall is this oak tree we're talking about? I'd just like to know how far Sen can down and Miranda can go up before they meet.

Edited by Mangaholic

well I haven't found out what it's about cause it's only a little more than half way through the set of 24 episodes. it's only up to 13 so I need to find out. Really it's more an amusing sub story to the parent section which is kind of a discrete battle between science and magic