Branndi

Twilight

You think I'm an idiot that doesn't know what she's talking about and I think you way to rigid to appreciate a grand spectrum of ideas streaming from accepted an idea. We aren't going to convince each other of anything. I think we're done.

I dislike Twilight, you dislike Twilight, we just dislike it different degrees and for differing reasons(mostly).

Edit: Firefox spell checks me some weird words.

Opinion doesn't mean automatically that it's correct. Opinions can be wong.

Personally, if I bought a book claiming to be about dragons, and oppened it to find it's actually about a friggin Chocobo, I'd be damn pissed.

I'd feel the same way if I bough a Mercedes, and suddenly, the star fell off and it turned out to be a Hynundai.

But for some strange reason, the first one is "OMG, fiction, so it must be acepted, because I can do whatever I feel like!!!".

THe second one is directly a crime, although I see no difference. In both situations, there has been a businessman/creator, that has lied to the consumer.

I second Paine, you just can't do whatever you feel like, just because they don't exist, because that statement is completely wrong.

They DO exist, in myth and folklore. I acept changes, I even do a bit modifications when I write, to make them more realistic.

But there is a difference, a very, very BIG difference between the Faerie Prince, and Lestat.

Between an ostrich like bird (it's not a dragon, it has nothing to do with a dragon), and Berylithranox.

If I buy a book about dragons, I want to see Berylithranox, and Kellendros. I don't care if they spit fire (here goes the mod), they don't, they have different breath weapons and I'm fine with that.

But they are dragons.

I don't want to see a horse being called a dragon, because, that --- is a horse.

If we start calling things whatever we feel like just because "OMG, it's fiction!!!!!", then it'll just be crazy, because we wouldn't know if we're buying a book about warriors and dragons, or a romance novel with two winged elves.

Opinion doesn't mean automatically that it's correct. Opinions can be wong.

Personally, if I bought a book claiming to be about dragons, and oppened it to find it's actually about a friggin Chocobo, I'd be damn pissed.

businessman/creator, that has lied to the consumer.

Hey, look, someone who got the point!

*shudders but manages to ignore tomchitza's comment*

Dr. Paine, you just earned yourself to the top five people of awesome on the BG scale.

Three points behind Komodo. Two points behind Happyface. One point behind Catty.

And that's pretty damn epic.

Draco, I'm REALLY trying to see it from your point of view and try to defend you.. (O_e wtf I'm helping people again.. ) but I just can't.

Think about Dracula. And Nosferatu if you can.

Now think of Edward Cullen.

For me, when I think of Dracula and Nosferatu, I think of a pale man with (slicked black hair) and blood dripping from his mouth.

I think of Edward, I think of a guy sparkling with a tiny blood spot on his finger.

Another thing. I think of vampires jumping from ceiling to ceiling with black capes, their faces grim and pale. With the occasional vampire turning into a bat.

I think of Twilight Vampires, I actually think of, (and I'm seriously not kidding) Edward Cullen in mid-skip with the :D face.

How bout you?

Edited by brokenglass

*shudders but manages to ignore tomchitza's comment*

Dr. Paine, you just earned yourself to the top five people of awesome on the BG scale.

Three points behind Komodo. Two points behind Happyface. One point behind Catty.

And that's pretty damn epic.

Draco, I'm REALLY trying to see it from your point of view and try to defend you.. (O_e wtf I'm helping people again.. ) but I just can't.

Think about Dracula. And Nosferatu if you can.

Now think of Edward Cullen.

For me, when I think of Dracula and Nosferatu, I think of a pale man with (slicked black hair) and blood dripping from his mouth.

I think of Edward, I think of a guy sparkling with a tiny blood spot on his finger.

Another thing. I think of vampires jumping from ceiling to ceiling with black capes, their faces grim and pale. With the occasional vampire turning into a bat.

I think of Twilight Vampires, I actually think of, (and I'm seriously not kidding) Edward Cullen in mid-skip with the biggrin.gif face.

How bout you?

Awesome xd.png

And that mental image...

My soul has died from laughter.

Um, at the risk of inciting something else that looks suspiciously like an argument over the internet. I never said Twilight vampires were well done, or likable, or in any sense of the word good representations of vampires, I just said they were vampires. Just because they suck(no pun intended) doesn't make them less of a vampire, it just makes all around less likable, less impressive, and more annoying than all the others.

I'm just a hippie. I make my friends look at me weird and get exasperated. They say I have no discerning taste and if something tickles my fancy I'll over look all the bad points and enjoy it. Like my love affair with the Movie movies (Scary Movie, Date Movie, Meet the Spartans, Epic Movie).

Twilight of course is bad enough that even I can't like it though.

Edit: I'd also like to apologize for my lack of reasoning ability, and my attitude. O.o I'd like to blame sleep deprivation, but even that can't excuse some of the things I posted.

Edited by Draco Knight

Um, at the risk of inciting something else that looks suspiciously like an argument over the internet. I never said Twilight vampires were well done, or likable, or in any sense of the word good representations of vampires, I just said they were vampires. Just because they suck(no pun intended) doesn't make them less of a vampire, it just makes all around less likable, less impressive, and more annoying than all the others.

I'm just a hippie. I make my friends look at me weird and get exasperated. They say I have no discerning taste and if something tickles my fancy I'll over look all the bad points and enjoy it. Like my love affair with the Movie movies (Scary Movie, Date Movie, Meet the Spartans, Epic Movie).

Twilight of course is bad enough that even I can't like it though.

user posted image

Again, you are COMPLETELY missing the point.

I must be, and I think I'm glad I am. dry.gif

No, actually, you should be ashamed.

No, actually, you should be ashamed.

That wasn't really necessary, but thank you for stating your opinion, again.

Edited by Draco Knight

....and we've established that.

I'm going to try to put this in terms you can understand, seeing as BG is a dumbass. (and I really doubt anybody is going to under stand this... )

Okay.

Twilight vampires are... unorthodox to say the least.

They basically destroy the very image and name of 'vampires' everywhere that took milleniums to build up.

I mean BG isn't much of a vampire person.. Although I do like a few vampire series... Vladimir Tod... Chibi Vampire rofl... interview with the vampire...

The twilight vampires are so loose, that if you simply took away the blood thing (which is very bad with the animals and never eating humans... *cough*Lestat*cough*) they would either be regular humans or complete Gary-Stu mutants/humans.

Make sense?

*hopes draco says yes*

Edited by brokenglass

I never didn't get it, if you can believe that. I just also accept that Meyer has the right to call Edward a vampire, even if his concept is stupid.

Edited by Draco Knight

I never didn't get it, if you can believe that. I just also accept that Meyer has the right to call Edward a vampire, even if his concept is stupid.

So...

You're pretty much saying it's fine for stupid authors to get their books out there.

Wonderful, I'll now have evidence when I call you and others with that mentality into court for dooming this generation's literature.

By that logic, I have the right to call this website a duck and you're a sheep.

Edited by Dr. Paine

BG cans has chickin?

I just also accept that Meyer has the right to call Edward a vampire, even if his concept is stupid.

.....WAIT WHAT?

That's basically saying...

Give a creature wings and scales and you can call it a dragon.

Or...

Make a creature look like a cat, and its a lion.

*tilts head*

Doesn't sound right to BG but then again...

*points to self*

Dumbass, 'member?

Edited by brokenglass

BG cans has chickin?

.....WAIT WHAT?

That's basically saying...

Give a creature wings and scales and you can call it a dragon.

Or...

Make a creature look like a cat, and its a lion.

*tilts head*

Doesn't sound right to BG but then again...

All sense left this thread a page ago.

If they can find a fan base? You know, like every other teenage girl in the western world? Sure, why not?

By what logic? You keep twisting what I say to fit your rebuttals.

If they can find a fan base? You know, like every other teenage girl in the western world? Sure, why not?

Mobocracy much?

Not all things that are popular are good. *history I shall not cite, but it should be obvious*

Not all things that are popular are good.

DAMN IT!

*dumps drugs in garbage*

*mutter* Stupid guy at the corner lied to me... Said it was cool... *mutter*

Can somebody say, 'Peer Pressure'?

I never said Twilight was good, in fact I remember saying it was bad, or at least okay if I'm in a good mood.

And that word, mobocracy, it's so appropriate and not only in application to me.

xd.png Drugs are bad, bg, mk?

And that word, mobocracy, it's so appropriate and not only in application to me.

I smell sarcasm. >> If so, read again what you said. Just because it can get a screaming fangirl base means it's right? Not rly.

If you were srs then yes, mobocracy. A fanbase of screaming teens should not be the only thing that defines legitimacy and truth, IMO.

Edited by NixAyum

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what mobocracy means.

I never said Twilight was good, in fact I remember saying it was bad, or at least okay if I'm in a good mood.

but didn't you just....

ah forget it, I'm eating a gordita and when a mexican/hispanic eats a gordita, you ain't supposed to piss em off.

Unless you wanna die.

Also my brain is like 1/1,000th of Paine's brain so...

God they're holding a TWILIGHT CONVENTION in my city... *shudders*

Edited by brokenglass

God they're holding a TWILIGHT CONVENTION in my city... *shudders*

ONOEZ don't go mass murdered yet kplz? Go visit someone somewhere far far away.

Or go and bug the carp out of fangirls by burning a lifesize cardboard cutout of Ed! xd.png

I'll make sure the chopper is ready to save you. 8D

Eh, it was an okay series. I only hate it because something that run of the mill and mediocre shouldn't get all the praise and attention it gets... I've seriously read better fanfiction.
I think you even agreed with me, BG, as far as that.

Nix, not really what I was implying when I said that. We weren't on the same page with Twilight and mobocracy I guess.

Edited by Draco Knight

Ah, I thought you meant that Meyer was basically clear because* of the fanbase... I don't really like that so much. I'm not exactly a hater (read them all twice) but I do love to watch internet-fights and bashing and parodies and the like. :3

ETA: *or at least in part because of

Edited by NixAyum