Twilight

As I've asked people in support or hate of it who give no reason-

Why?

'Nuff said.

*is amused*

xd.png

I'm going to quote from here, for our new friends, Emo_Cherry, and IceblueMoon:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=72297

4. Read the thread, or at least the first two pages, before posting. Unless you want to eat your foot, in which case, I've got some soy sauce. And remember- cold, hard, grounded-in-reality-and-logic facts are better than anything else to prove your point. Biased sources (of any extreme) will get people trying to refute you /with/ facts at best, shunned and/or mocked at worst.

I'd point out, read the last two pages as well, unless you want to pop up rudely in a discussion.

I, (unlike prolly a lot of you here) absolutely LOVE the series. I can't really explain why, because I would be here all day listing reasons why. I DO have about two or three things I DON'T like about this series...

1. Vampires don't sparkle.

2. They call Jacob and his "pack" werewolves. They are NOT werewolves. Werewolves are big, hairy creatures that only transform when the moon is full. These guys can "Shift" whenever they please. (Or when they get mad, which they can't stop. Kinda like the hulk)

Oh well. I hope there are some other Twilight fans that agree with me on loving the series. I gotta go to bed, so that's why I'm not listing why I like it...I would be here all day. xd.png

I, (unlike prolly a lot of you here) absolutely LOVE the series. I can't really explain why, because I would be here all day listing reasons why. I DO have about two or three things I DON'T like about this series...

1. Vampires don't sparkle.

2. They call Jacob and his "pack" werewolves. They are NOT werewolves. Werewolves are big, hairy creatures that only transform when the moon is full. These guys can "Shift" whenever they please. (Or when they get mad, which they can't stop. Kinda like the hulk)

Oh well. I hope there are some other Twilight fans that agree with me on loving the series. I gotta go to bed, so that's why I'm not listing why I like it...I would be here all day. xd.png

On the second point....I actually think that its adressed in the last book. One of the vampires say that Jacob and his pack aren't "True Children of the Moon", just have magical tranformaional powers, and that real werewolves were hunted into extinction by the vampires ages ago.

Or something like that. I read the book over a year ago.

On the second point....I actually think that its adressed in the last book. One of the vampires say that Jacob and his pack aren't "True Children of the Moon", just have magical tranformaional powers, and that real werewolves were hunted into extinction by the vampires ages ago.

Yep yep, that was one of the Volturi. When the wolves came out everyone on that side went :0 OMGWTFFFFFF?????? and then the one was all 'nope, just shape shifters because of ancestral spirit bonding, we DID kill all the real ones, no worries =D'

I personally believe maybe, White Wolf company has actually said something. The similarities with the Uktena were rather important.

On another side, I like the idea of moon shifting werewolves. WHen I play Werewolf; The Apocalypse, I always tell the master I want to shift during full moons.

But I don't mind Meyer's Werewolves at all, because of the aforementioned similarities with White Wolf's werewolves.

Really? I read ALL the books at least twice...and I never saw that. Maybe because I didn't like the last book so I didn't pay attention that much...I need to go Re-read Breaking Dawn again...see if I will get stuff I still don't understand.

Really? I read ALL the books at least twice...and I never saw that. Maybe because I didn't like the last book so I didn't pay attention that much...I need to go Re-read Breaking Dawn again...see if I will get stuff I still don't understand.

I just remember it because I like little facts about magical creatures, no matter what book it comes from.

That, and it just more strongly shows how similar Jacob Black is to Remus Lupin/Sirius Black?

I mean, Remus Lupin is a werewolf.

Sirius Black transforms into a dog.

Sirius also rides a motorcycle, and has the same last name.

Its a conspiracy!

I just remember it because I like little facts about magical creatures, no matter what book it comes from.

That, and it just more strongly shows how similar Jacob Black is to Remus Lupin/Sirius Black?

I mean, Remus Lupin is a werewolf.

Sirius Black transforms into a dog.

Sirius also rides a motorcycle, and has the same last name.

Its a conspiracy!

xd.png

I didn't realize that!

*shrug* I liked the books themselves the first time I read them because it was just some mindless fun. Then...the fangirls attacked. I was horrified, frankly, and embarassed to be part of the same sub-species as these pitiable, deformed creatures, so I read the books again more critically.

I was like "...Holy...shisse...these are terrible!"

It got worse. I move every few years, and a while back I moved to this place that was completely INFESTED with Twitards, for various reasons. These girls drove me insane. Twilight absolutely everywhere--and I do mean everywhere. I couldn't escape. I was stuck. For a year. Then I moved again, to a place where most people I talked to knew exactly how bad these books were. So my hatred of everything Twilight-related slowly abated until the only thing I could hate about it was its blatant wish-fullfillment premise. Everything else I just dislike, though.

A few months ago, I asked my friend if I could read it when shes done. She's a slow reader. I waited about 3 - 5 months for hear to finish Twilight, the first book. FINALLY, she finished about five days ago, and gave the book to me. I started reading it yesterday, and am almost finished today.

It is EPIC, I LOVE IT! NO COMPETITION! I think it's waaay better than Harry Potter, (HP still rocks though tongue.gif) and I just love it.

Now my friend is reading New Moon, and once shes done reading that after a billion months ( xd.png ) I will read it.

A few months ago, I asked my friend if I could read it when shes done. She's a slow reader. I waited about 3 - 5 months for hear to finish Twilight, the first book. FINALLY, she finished about five days ago, and gave the book to me. I started reading it yesterday, and am almost finished today.

It is EPIC, I LOVE IT! NO COMPETITION! I think it's waaay better than Harry Potter, (HP still rocks though tongue.gif) and I just love it.

Now my friend is reading New Moon, and once shes done reading that after a billion months ( xd.png ) I will read it.

OH YEAH! ANOTHER TWILIGHT FAN! HIGH FIVE! xd.png

I forced myself to go see the Twilight movie after I was done with the book. It was painful, but hey, I wanted to read the book before seeing the movie. I read the entire series, and the last book was a disappointment to me for some reason. I just didn't like it. xd.png

New Moon was good though..but it was my third favorite. Eclipse was my favorite, and Twilight was my second favorite. The New Moon movie looks EPIC!! xd.png

I have a link of WTFness to share!

Enjoy your daily dose of complete madness TODAY!

I just...I have no words.

...Even BG could draw better then that.

With a blindfold.

And no hands.

You know what I wanna do?

I wanna go to the New Moon movie the day it's going to come out, go inside the theater, then whenever Jacob or Edward or Bella comes on, I'm gonna yell,

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

/shot

I change what I said on the first pages. It's not horrible really, it's just over-exaggerated by fangirls. -ashamed- Yes, I read the first two books.

BUT HONESTLY, don't get me wrong, Harry Potter is still way better.

And what makes me laugh is when Twi-tards say I can't say anything bad about the book because I haven't read it yet...

*looks down*

I'VE READ THE ENTIRE GODDAMN SERIES. EIGHT MUTHA-F**KIN' TIMES.

Don't tell me I can't criticize something I know inside and out.

e_e

*eye twitchs and foams at moath*

The book is cliched and sexist, along with a whole 'nuther **** load of stuff.

'nuff said.

Edited by brokenglass

OHMYGOD.

http://news.aol.com/article/lillie-sutclif...enetic%2F767110

*runs screaming*

Or one could look at it as

HA HA FANS, THIS IS WHAT REALLY HAPPENS, AND LOOK WHAT IT'S DOING HERE IDIOTS!

ninja.gif

OMG, Nix... poor little thing sad.gif.

I never heard of such disease. But it's interesting news, to slap Meyer with.

Diamonds... That's a Golem!

Edited by DragonNighthowler

...Even BG could draw better then that.

With a blindfold.

And no hands.

You know what I wanna do?

I wanna go to the New Moon movie the day it's going to come out, go inside the theater, then whenever Jacob or Edward or Bella comes on, I'm gonna yell,

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

/shot

I'm going to go to the movie theater, scream, "AGH! MY EYES!" And then get plummeled by the rabid Twilight fangirls.

What a lame way to go. But at least it'll get publicized, and then my parents will sue Stephanie Meyer for my death.

"DON'T WORRY, CEDRIC WILL COME BACK IN A SH**TY VAMPIRE MOVIE!" D:

Edited by iExorcist

New moon comes out November 20th!!!:D I sooo can't wait to see that movie!:D Looks like it might be better than twilight movie!

THough I think the books are way better!

LOVE the books. THe movie/s are not as good as books but are still really good!:D