picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

((Nope. I meant it to be a splinter group that thinks the TAWDOH is acting too conservatively, hence why the psion-grades Shelley has at her disposal don't know that much about the actual TAWDOH. Forgive me for not being clear in my post.

Also, it's spelled STRATEGY. Sorry, that's been bugging me for a while.))

((Nah, I'll be too bitter about the dragons being allowed a scientist but... not the humans. *fumes quietly in the corner*

Also, thanks for the offer, but my humanist streak doesn't allow me to play as dragons. Too smug by half, the lot of 'em. Let me ask, if that lot are so bloody superior, then how did humans with a tech level somewhere near the start of the Middle Ages imprison them in the first place, eh? Not got an answer for that, have they?))

((The tech level during the imprisonment was actually modern age CCC ~_^ The spell the dragons cast to get free essentially nullified that technology and the ability to conventionally reproduce it, thus forcing humanity to resort to middle aged techniques that they are using today.

Also: Yay for Humunculie, there for your everyday needs ~_^))

Gal accepted Miko's gift, mentally he sighed, now this meant farther expanding into actual healing magic. The necromantic healing spells he knew were far less delicate and gentle than the magic white dragons used, not to mention based more on a "repair it" thought train rather than a "heal it" thought train. Oh well a healing spell or two wouldn't kill him, it would just take up some of his time to learn them. "Thanks Miko but you should know that when it comes to necromancer's I am the odd one out, so don't go holding your breath in the hopes that there are others like me. Cause the closest you'll get is probably Undertaker." Laura called his attention to the time and Gal looked out the window. It was getting late and his home wasn't exactly close to the hospital of this dimension. "Alright let's get going then. It was nice meeting you all. Fayte, Minerva, good luck with your children. Thanks for the gift Miko I appreciate this, take care Albel." With that Galamonaro made his way out of the room and met Laura outside. Hopping out the window had seemed a tad dramatic to him which was why he took the stairs. "I fun today, I'm glad we came." He idly commented taking the lead and heading for Nick's portal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malice looked over the gathered leaders standing before him. He recognized the thunder dragon as one of the leaders from the attack on Gridania. Malice didn't much care for the human city itself but since it also housed dragons he couldn't stand idly by while they were attacked. "Seems like some good ideas have been put on the table already still we should first acquire detailed information on our enemy's movement's as well plan out objectives. If we don't do that our campaign will crumble at the starting line. Although since we are on the topic i think it is important to start operations on continents other than Rudivick to start. that way we can build up our forces during our campaign as we gather more dragons to our cause. So when we face down Rudvick and the Aquarians we will be outfitted with both a large force and thoroughly experienced soldiers." Malice said detailing what he felt needed to be done. War wasn't something you plunged headfirst into...well at least not if you intended to win. They were after all taking on the human race and all of it's allies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Tron? You there at all? Still waiting on your post with Rina))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arceus had coated himself in magma and put on the heat to keep Ayos off. Still Ayos just smirked. He had warned the dragon when they started that Arceus could not best Ayos using the temperature of his weapons. While magma was not something to normally snuff at Ayos needed only to keep himself cool, and not even that much colder since his scales would protect him from the majority of the magma's heat anyways. Ayos was forced to duck and weave Arceus's claws which made getting a grip on his head very difficult. None the less The little black dragon focused on pressing forward to his objective.

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Hey Nick, can we timeskip to you and Chasilin meeting Atlas and Sapphire in the woods? I don't think I can stand waiting here much longer.))

When Galamonero said that it was time for him and Laura to go and he said 'goodbye', Minerva replied, "Goodbye Galamonero and Laura, it was nice having you two over! I'm really glad that we had fun today and the babies even got to meet you." Nell said, "Bye, Gal!"

((That's also the part where after Minerva teaches Nell how to read.))

((Eh feel like doing something with these guys again))

Tic and Twick glanced up as a few Hellfire dragons landed nearby. "Ah, hey" they greeted, seeing the Aquarian armor. "We have some changes" the soldiers announced, looking briefly at Shat. "Veteran soldiers are starting to work with the armies of the other continents and cities to exchange training methods. We're working to prepare the humans as much as we can as well. However... Shat's 'community service' will have to be cut short. It is better for him to remain in the Kirlsa city walls for safety. Can't have him hauled away alive" the soldier smirked more to himself. Tic and Twick half nodded, "Come on then Shat, you lucked out. We'll have to show you the city" the spoke in unison. The soldier in front frowned, "You two stay out of trouble. You're suppose to be watching him" the twins grinned at each other. "Trouble you say?" Tic spoke before Twick echoed, "What would make you think we'd cause trouble?" the soldier rolled his eyes and flew away with the others to train.

Arceus snorted with laughter as he watched the little dragon weave but still miss his goal. Arceus's large size made it much easier for him to jump a large distance in a short time. He kept his distance wearily while still lashing out with his claws and tail. Of course he was more beckoning and daring the dragon to grab on to his tail again as he no longer needed to land to get Ayos off of himself.

Miko shrugged helplessly as Galamonaro told her there were not many like him. "No... I suppose not. Still, take care. You don't need magic to make that work. It had magic in it that will heal on its own" she added as he left. Albel merely grunted to the goodbye while Fayt waved. Albel set Reimi down again and looked around to the kids who seemed quite occupied. "Ah now it's quiet again. Wish you didn't have to stay in a bed" Fayt said, looking to Minerva.

((At the end, it was. But the backstory's quite clear that dragons have been imprisoned for a thousand years. If we assume that this world and our world had similar rates of technological development, that puts the dragons' collective imprisonment at Norman rates of development, i.e. not very developed by modern standards. Actually, that's a point. How is the Spell kept running? What made it happen in the first place? We've seen magi dragons as being potent, but what about the ones who weren't? The egglings who didn't know anything other than life as a tool? The ones who actually liked they positions they were in? Not every human is a callous monster except to dragon propagandists. So the extra power must've come from somewhere... it's an interesting diversion, but I intend to get plastered tonight so I won't be giving it much thought.))

((I don't know! Maybe 1000 years ago was a society much like ours today until it became all futuristic. Then the dragons created the Spell to revert it all back to the Middle Ages. Now this is a theory; but I think the magic-casting dragons probably formed telepathic bonds with their dragons friends who turn did the same with their other friends and so on and so on, so that they could borrow enough energy from them to create the Spell that would permanently destroy the humans' technology. Go ask Nick, he's the one who made the RP, not us.))

After everybody else left and said their goodbyes, Minerva said to Fayt, "Yeah, me neither. Elliot and Lilina are probably waiting anxiously to see our babies. I wish I could come home with you and we can show our young to them together"

((Helps to remember it's just a fantasy rp. So it's ok if it doesn't make sense. Since when does magic HAVE to make sense? It's not even real, and when it's used, it certainly doesn't abide by our standards of "sense" why else would Harry Potter and his friends be riding broomsticks through the air? Because I'm totally sure that would work in the real world... (sarcastic)

You can have sound, logical discussions in the real world. But when it comes to fantasy rp, you don't question why unicorns poop rainbows.

Added note: My god, I hope you've never seen Final Fantasy. Their total disregard for gravity might just make you crazy))

Edited by Sai

((I just noticed that I forgot to reply to the Woltar part.))

Woltar received both messages. He sighed, having expected as much from Malice. Even though the message was polite sounding, he knew the dragon better than that. "Yeah, I didn't expect Malice to come..." he folded the letter in his claws. Crowe rolled his eyes, "An empty effort that one. Try for Atlas, she at least seems more sensible" he suggested. Woltar looked down over the cliff, "Alright, I'll be here when you can come. Airyglyph is a tropical island. Has sandy beaches, rocky cliffs, and coves" he replied to Atlas.

'Right, thanks for the description. I'll get over there if I ever have the chance,' Atlas said.

Refire nodded and glanced to the other's, who also nodded in understanding. "Step one, we gain inteligence. Now before we break up and you go back to your duties we've got a problem. Some copy-cats have been causing us trouble." Tria turned, and frowned "Copy-cats? How so?" Redfire replied simply "They seem to be burning down human towns, which helps us and brings the attention away from us. However it means that the armies will be on the edge and more suspicious of the actions of our spies. We have two options, we ally with them and they stop the attacks, or we destroy them before they can cause us harm."

Shat gave a small chuckle at the two twins. He opened his wings and prepared for flight. "Let us be obedient...For now."

Laura nodded, "Yeah it was..." She followed him to the portal, and then paused outside shile she waited for him to climb on her back. "Lets go home..."

((I guess so.))

Nick smiled suddenly thinking up an idea. Quickly he shed his thick robe (He has cloths under it) and tossed it at Chasilin so she wouldn't freeze to death outside. "Catch me if you can!" he shouted playfully, jumping out the open window and dashing through to town...

Panting Nick slowed down at the spot where Atlas said she would meet him. "Atlas you here?" he called out, leaning forward his hands on his knees as he caught his breath.

Atlas saw Nick coming from a far distance and said to her daughter, "Sapphire, the humans are almost here! You're finally going to meet them and you're going to like them, too." After Nick called, Atlas replied, "Yes, I am! Just keep coming this way and eventually you'll see us." After the boy and girl came over to meet Atlas, the red magi pushed Sapphire in front of her and said, "Nick and whoever-you-are, meet my daughter Sapphire. She was interested in seeing what humans were like, so I brought her here to satisfy her curiousity; and for my benefit, to you again. So how's it going Nick? Did you finally fix your tent?"

((Actually, I play a lot of FF games. The thing about them is that they have internally consistent rules for magic - TV Tropes calls it Vancian Magic. Rules are something I can understand intuitively. Making things up as one goes along... not so much. If magic's just a do-anything-button, any tension evaporates like petrol on a warm day, and anyone who claims otherwise is sadly mistaken.))

((Well again, magic isn't real. So who is to say what it should "logically" do. Or what rules it applies by. So if in this rp there is a permaban spell on technology, you can't say it's not possible. Just accept it and move on. Speculating about its reality doesn't change the fact that it's there so... why waste the time?))

((You play Final Fantasy games too, CCC? We should do a 1 x 1 FF RP whenever one of the other RPs I'm in becomes inactive or when people aren't posting quickly like they used to. MY 1st FF RP is dying because no one would play in it anymore, so I was thinking of restarting it once it dies off for good. Or I could make another plot.))

Rika noticed that Shadow was walking away- probably on purpose. "Dammit" she growled. Rika delicately stepped through the snow. It crunched but she was good at making it quiet. She followed after Shadow, though keeping a distance and staying behind trees whenever she could. She watched him pull behind a tree and smirked. And the hunter becomes the hunted she thought. She crouched down and picked a rock from the snow. She threw it at a far tree, hoping it would spur his attention so she could attack.

"Take her home, lad. Don't need her ripp'n the place up like last time" Krog waved for Kyl to leave the bar. A few snickered and cracked silent jokes about the scene in front of them. "Yes my prince, take me home" Kai giggled uncontrollably. She kissed him again before resting her face on his shoulder. Drunk people in Briarwood had only two cures: knocking them out, or letting them sleep it off. Of course Krog didn't feel like smashing her over the head so he'd just advised her to be taken home.

Shadow could hear Rika's footsteps in the snow as she followed. It was a very faint sound and he would sometimes lose it or mistake it for his own footsteps. It was after he came to a stop and heard a slight sound that Shadow was sure. That was, until he heard a sound near a tree from the other side of him. She couldn't possibly have gotten over there that quick, its impossible. So maybe, a rock? But which side? Shadow lowered himself into the snow, letting only part of his head stick out. In theory, Shadow's white hair would help camouflage him as he is in the snow. Shadow cut through the snow like a knife, using his arms to pull him straight forward. In his mind Shadow figured that when you run through water it is loud, but when you swim through it, it is silent. He would move in short bursts though, from one tree to another, stopping periodically.

Kyl sighed and nodded to Krog. As a few snickered, Kyl shot them a glare. "I ain't done. I said I wanted to fight the strongest here and I still do. Its a shame that I must leave after just finishing my warm up. As for the table, I will be back tomorrow to fix it. You must have a hammer and some wood around somewhere don't you?" Kyl's question was aimed for Krog. It was a rhetorical one though, for he asked the question as he walked out the door. Kyl carried Kai back to her home and from there to her bed. He wasn't sure what to think about her and her weak tolerance towards alcohol. He just shook his head and put the covers over her. Kyl went into the kitchen and got a glass of water, than proceeding to sit in a chair next to a table in the living room where he stayed till he eventually fell asleep.

((Well again, magic isn't real. So who is to say what it should "logically" do. Or what rules it applies by. So if in this rp there is a permaban spell on technology, you can't say it's not possible. Just accept it and move on. Speculating about its reality doesn't change the fact that it's there so... why waste the time?))

((I'm not talking about applying my logic to DvH's magic - I'm talking about applying DvH's logic to DvH's magic. You see, having a universe where the internal logic is inconsistent is the preserve of atrocious writers. It makes your characters and everything they do pointless. And before you attack me again, the correct response is not to whine about people having fun. The correct response is to think things like this through and be a better writer. I'm at least marginally competent at this sort of thing, so it can't be too difficult.))

(CCC, I don't realy cares if the logic is flawed. If it really bothered me, I wouldn't rp.

Can we not argue about this? What will arguing solve?)

((Ware's right; let's all just get back to Rping. Arguing about magic and logic isn't going to get us anywhere nor is it going to show us the winner. Let's all just accept the way are in the RP even if it's illogical like hybrids being lab-created with DNA combined with human and lots of breeds of dragons, dragons anf humans mating together to produce halflings, or Nick having a tent that leads to another dimension (the one where Minerva's family lives).))

Nah, I'll be too bitter about the dragons being allowed a scientist but... not the humans. *fumes quietly in the corner*

((Btw, nobody said that the humans can't have a scientist in their army. Go ahead and create an NPC human scientist if you want.))

My god, I hope you've never seen Final Fantasy. Their total disregard for gravity might just make you crazy

((And don't forget the Mario games, too! Here's some things about it that'll drive the realism-loving people nuts:

1) Yoshi eating up bad guys and then laying eggs without even mating.

2) Yoshi's also a male and males don't usually lay eggs.

3) Gravity doesn't seem to hinder Mario and Luigi's jumping abilities much.

4) If you've played Bowser's Inside Story, you'd have to wonder why does Bowser's insides look like your average game levels? Or how do the brothers go inside one of Bowser's organic pipes and somehow come out of a metallic pipe in the 'real' world.

5) And there's much more.

It may look like I'm attacking Mario, but I still like the franchise, no matter how childish, silly, or unrealistic it may look. It was one of my childhood favorites and I still like it now. Sorry for the ramblings, I just felt like talking.))

Edited by Red Dragonette

Malice contemplated the issue of the copy cats for a moment. "Both of those actions have serious cons. If we simply destroy them it will cause other dragons to withdraw from our cause. If we have them join us it will only give the Aquarions a reason to act before we've gathered any infomoration or increase our strength. On the other hand, we know the Aquarians aren't in the habit of treating other dragons poorly. Being the sympathizers they are I'm sure that they would extend basic necessities to even prisoners. Our best bet is to locate the group capture them and hand them over to the Aquarians to deal with in their own manner. This will not only remove that group from the equation but should also lower our foes guard, if only a little. The current truce clearly states that we will not attack humans unless we are attacked first. So long as we maintain the apperance that we intend to follow our truce the Aquarians will have no reason to confront us before we are properly armed and informed. Which in turn wil allow a bit more freedom for our reconnisence squads to travel across the other continets and gather intelligence. Do you agree or disagree?" Malice asked in conclusion to his own plan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayos ignored the tail, with the magma coating it he would spend twice as much time trying to climb up since half his mind would be putting all it's efforts on keeping him from getting burnt too badly. Legs and wings on the other hand were a different story. They were much closer to the head and with Arceus constantly swinging at him, the legs wer more readily available. Ayos slipped under Arceus's slash and reached up to latch onto the big dragon's foreleg. With Arceus constantly applying heat it would be impossible for Ayos to solidify the magma but he could at least make it safe for him to land. Manipulating temperature was his specialty after all and there was no way he was gonna allow himself to be beat by someone who used temperatures in second hand fashion like Arceus did.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Galamonaro climbed onto Laura's back. "Home sound like a good idea." Gal said cheerfully. "By the way, was there something you wanted to talk to me about?" He asked still needing to resolve the nagging feeling in the back of his mind. Laura had seemed very distracted and he was curious as to why. He knew about the taboo but wondered if there was more to it. "You know you don't have to keep secrets from me right? The Empiricon is gone and everyone is ready to act if THEM tries anything."

((What everyone else said. You can't be a creative artist/writer if you're stuck in the world of rules and logic. Like the Matrix principal))

Arceus kept his claws readily, expecting Ayos to latch on. As the dragon dove and grabbed her arm, he smashed his other leg's claws on top of where the dragon had picked to land. It was more of a grab, but he wanted to make sure his claws got there quick. Meracle, despite having been moaning about the flying, flew up and watched. She looked at the large dragon humorously as he looked like he'd just swatted at an annoying bug.

Tic and Twick exchanged glances and ushered Shat along into the huge city. The streets on the ground were packed with people and vendors, even cheery music filled the air as entertainers played on the street. Off to the side, children and some dragons danced to the perky music which carried an Irish tone for dance. The many streets that towered above in higher level roads were also packed. Buildings extended far into the sky, nearly 2,000 feet tall. "Oooh... check it out" they spotted a Horse dragon alone strapped to a cart. Tic walked in front, casually drawing its attention. Twick sneaked up behind and jumped on its back. The dragon bucked and whinnied angrily. The twins jumped away as the dragon breathed fire out at them. "TIC! TWICK! I'LL HAVE YOUR HIDES!" shouted a woman, running out of her shop behind the dragon with a broom in hands. "Time to go!" they said in unison, dragging Shat away and giggling.

Rika heard faint sliding of ice scraping on clothing and ran forward, snowball in hand. She spotted Kyl on the ground and pointed dramatically with her offhand, "AH-HA!" she jumped on his back and slammed the snowball down onto the back of his head.

Kai sat up in bed with a splitting headache. A small groan of discomfort passed through her lips and she looked around. She spotted Kyl sleeping in the chair. She smiled and dragged herself over to him. Kai leaned down and wrapped her arms around him, "I wouldn't have minded if you'd shared the bed" she said, resting her head next to his. She glanced out the window. A faint light came through. It seemed to still be early morning.

Laura glanced to him, and then straight ahead. "Shat just warned me...Them no longer exist. He also said to be wary of Tawdoh. That's all he would tell me."

Shat followed them, giving a slight chuckle once they were a decent distance away.

(I'll wait for CCC to reply to my pm before doing a redfire post)

Chasilin struggled as the hevy fabric folded over her and settled in her arms awkwardly. Tossing it aside she narrowed her eyes and agiley followed Nick out of the window. For a moment she thought he was running away but the manner in which he spoke was solely playful. Unaccustomed to this sort of childish behavior she continued on after him until finally he saw him stop. She come in time to hear the voice of a stranger and see a shadow pushed toward her and Nick.

In her haste she head left her Gungnir behind and now she felt naked and vilnerable to the possible threat. Treating the strangers as hostiles was her only protection and she quickly assumed a readied stance. When she glanced over ti Nick she was surprised to see him relaxed if not familiar with these strangers. Forcing herself into a stiff pose if nonchalance she watched things play out in catious silence.

(( sorry it took so long to reply! I moved so suddenly to be closer to my job and there is no wifi here and plus I don't own a portable laptop. I walked 30 minutes to McDonalds to get internet access and I only have my iPod ao I don't know how much longer I can be on.))

Ayos managed to latch on successfully and looked at Arceus's head focused on guestimating it's distance. He was almost immediatly pinned beneath Arceus's overlarge claw. He didn't struggle to get loose though. Instead he allowed himself to relax and get caught although he kept the temperature of the magma cool enough for him to withstand. It wasn't solid but it had lost its reddish colour and was looking a lot like gray slush. Very hot gray slush but gray slush none the less. He waited for Arceus to try to pull him off then he would claim his victory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

((It's ok Chase, I completely missed Nick's and Red's posts XP))

Sapphire had hidden behind her mother's foreleg when Nick first arrived, still shy and even a bit scared since she had never actually met a human before. But her mother simply pushed the wingless little oragny-red hatchling forward to meet Nick and Chaselin. Her frill naturally fell flat against her back as she looked both of them up and down. "Umm...Hi my name is Sapphire." she said trying to sound proper in order to hide her anxiousness. Originally she had thought she would be glad to see humans but now she was more nervouse than anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"TAWDOH?" Gal pondered it's meaning. But the best he could come up with was a simple saying his master had passed on although only as a joke at the time. Galamonaro chuckled at the memory. "Well master always said the longer the acronym the more inflated their ego. Come on, let's just go home and live quietly if only for a little while longer. I was thinking of going into Gridania or Windfall tomorrow to paruse the libraries. Now that their big cities I imagine there will be many more books to read. I was also thinking of doing some shopping, since I don't have to pay for anything at home the Civil Servant's have accumolated quite a bit of wealth from their jobs while we were off fighting wars. So I figured we could splurge a little after all our hard work. What do you say?"

((Did I miss anybody? In this post? I know Malice is waiting on Redfire and that Wolves is waiting on CCC but is there anyone else?))