picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

((Welcome back CCC happy.gif))

((Arceus is still on fire right? Cause right now I've been playing like he has his own little bubble of super heated air.

Also Sai: Evens or Odds?))

"Your more conductive than wood and look around you, the heat I couldn't restrain has burned up all the trees and turned them into ash. Miscalculation pfft. At least your thinking again, but not deep enough." Ayos was right where he wanted to be as he gathered rain into his mouth after his little speech. It was difficult splitting his attention between the restraint of Arceus's heat and freezing only some of the water gathered in his mouth, as he sailed through the clouds. However, Ayos was managing to pull it off. Some of the water froze and he spat the small ball of ice into his claws. Once again his attention split between Arceus and the ball as he froze the rainwater it touched increasing it's size.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mom I'm not sure about humans. I mean I know the humans that attacked Tezca and his family were evil and that the humans you and dad killed were evil but are all humans like that? I mean you talk about the sympathizers and I wondered why they would fight for humans, then I decided that there must be some good humans but after what I saw with Tezca's family I'm not so sure. Mom you're around humans a lot dad never talks about them are all humans really that evil?" Sapphire wasn't even sure if she was making sense but she waited for her mother's answer she really wanted to know. "And to be honest I was actually hoping to meet some humans during our visit to Rudvick." Sapphire concluded.

((I'm not even sure if that made sense XP))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I should think not, they wouldn't have a reason to be meanie heads." Gal said warmly to Kayla. The child sniffed him again and he chuckled. "Like I said to your brother, unless it's me you should avoid this smell. It usually brings unhappiness. Heh, and there are tons of meanie heads out there who smell like this so be careful when you smell it." He said reaching down to ruffle the child's fur. The warning about the scent of death was subtle but Galamonaro was sure it got through to the children. Even with the Empiricon gone such a large force was bound to have remnants running around, and THEM was still on the loose as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malice arrived at the lab and marched inside. "I'm here Redfire, care to fill me in on what's going on with the test subject?" He asked Looking around for the dragon. Although Malice knew his way around he didn't know which room Redfire was in, which was why he was using telepathy to find the dragon. If things did not improve he would end up having to settle for one of the other serums.

Edited by En'K'Haral

((@CCC: Okay, we'll see how this plays out. Anyway, nice to have you back.))

After listening to her daughter talking about humans and wondering if they were all evil or not, Atlas thought, 'Incredible! We've raised her in Solomos all her life and she's never come into contact with any human until today, but she believes that there are good humans out there. I guess I'm not the only one in the family who knows that each human is an individual.' Then Sapphire said taht she had been hoping to visit some humans in Rudvich. "Do you still want to see the humans? I can take you to the northeastern region of Rudvich if you want," Atlas asked.

"Oh okay. So when baby humans grow up, Starwing gets to talk to them," said Starwing after learning all of what Ronan said. Elliot and Lilina went over to the bird wyvern and asked, "Hey Starwing, what's up?" "So how are you doing?" Starwing said to them, "Starwing is fine. Starwing made a new friend a few days ago. His name is Jason and he can change into a dragon." "A human turning into a dragon?!" asked Lilina in surprise. "That's like how Nick turns into a mouse. How did do that?" asked Elliot. "Simple, Jason is born under the sign of Draco. That's why he can transform," said Starwing.

((To those of you who don't know, Jason isn't my character or any other active player's character. He's the character of (I forgot his name).))

Minerva saw Nell crawling towards the bookshelf and asked, "Nell, would you like to read?" The purple & white hybrid looked at her mother and asked, "Read?" Minerva nodded and said, "Yes, read. Fayt, can you bring Nell over to me?"

Redfire walked out and found Malice. "Come this way." He turned and headed back through.

(Not feeling well...)

(I should be back now, I am so sorry for my long absence, I got caught for something and couldn't get on >.>. Chasilin I'm having trouble finding your last post concerning Nick.

Chasilin frowned, deeply burning her gaze into the poorly furnished floor boards. With an aggravated 'tch' to signal her reluctant defeat as she entered the room. Game Over. "Hnnn...when you're right you're right...." She could have attempted to argue with him about it but she didn't have the energy nor the will to do so. Afterall, it was hard to refuse the person who saved your life and not to mention was paying for food and boarding to escape and chase away the frigid cold. Of course, it was also her own damned fault for wearing such inappropriate clothing for the weather they were having.

A sigh escaped her as she watched both Lunarissa and Palmephius happily take up their spaces on the bed at the head and foot respectively. Having given up the fight, Chasilin was much more relaxed but her fatigue was clear in the way her shoulders fought against Chasilin's consciousness to sag until they hit the bed. That was one fight she wasn't about to lose until she was absolutely ready and for that matter she had no intention of going to sleep before Nick did. Even if she knew his name and had plans to stick around with him to learn magic, she couldn't pretend to know him well enough to trust him wither life. At least, not just yet.

((Sorry I haven't replied but I'm juggling four jobs at the moment and plus I'd been sick for nearly two weeks....v.v'' So, yeah, but I'm back!-ish...))

((Here's her last post, Nick.))

((Not to sound whiny, but... has my new charrie been accepted? I tick people off enough as it is without playing an unapproved character.))

((@Chasilin: No problem! All I had to do to find it was go to your profile and search through your posts.

@CCC: Just put your new character's form here and we'll all review it. Nick isn't active here like he used to be, so don't expect him to go looking at new applications.))

((How democratic.))

Character Sheet

Username: colourcodedchaos

Name: Dr. Joan Shelley

Age: 41 (physiological; temporal magic is fun for all the family!)

Appearance: Shelley's old enough to remember life before the Fall, and it shows in the ways she moves. Her posture is stiff and upright, pride radiating from her body with every step; her hair, though peppered slightly, is kept rich with essential oils and magic. Oh, did I not mention the magic? It's a hangover from her time with Michael Shaw in his sky-navy, where she worked as CMO on a mage-carrier. It was blown out of the sky over the course of a long siege, far to the south, in one of the last battles before the Haven City-States locked themselves underground to live in isolation and in peace. The trek to an abandoned castle she'd visited a lot in her youth, and the subsequent rebuilding work, has left her with a toned, wiry physique that suits her six-foot frame as well as the sharp pre-Fall suits she wears. Her cheekbones are high and her skin is hard and porcelain-pale - and she cultivates this Coppelian look by scraping her thick black hair back into a severe-looking ponytail. In her lab, she wears hardened-leather protective gear and welding goggles (from back when welding had to be done without magic), and carries a focussing staff with her at all times; another habit picked up on the trek when a good walking-stick meant the difference between finding shelter for the night and praying the heating-rubrics in your armour didn't run out. Besides, you never know when you'll need a spell or three.

Personality: As with all mad scientists, Shelley's extremely driven and prone to obsessing on small details. However, she is a brilliant geneticist and a sorceress capable of holding her own against a moderately experienced dragon. She prefers not to duel at all, though; the front lines would mess up her nice suits, after all. Instead, she learned to be a cold, efficient and ruthless general, growing her own army of homunculi and sending them out to raid the surroundings for supplies. Her attitude towards them is, well... it's not exactly contemptuous, but she is keenly aware that there's another regiment growing in the caverns below her castle. She believes firmly in peer-review and has elevated veteran homunculi to act as counsel and provide fresh perspectives. She's not evil in the sense that she punishes failure with death (it's usually demotion, which can sometimes mean total reformation in a gene-vat)... she's evil in the sense that she wants every dragon dead. And frankly, whether or not that's evil is entirely open to interpretation.

Weapons: As noted above, Shelley carries a focussing staff tipped and studded with several industrial diamonds - the heads of Ripper bolts her comrades couldn't use any more, though the largest (a huge spike, twisted like a narwhal horn) is from a DSE combat exoskeleton's Wells projector. Her primary form of attack and defence is a twisted hybrid of water and earth magic designed to suck the life from living beings and honed over the course of many years in her tower. That said, she also knows how to fight with a quarterstaff - part of basic training in the Haven Skyfleet - and still practices against her homunculi when she has the time spare.

Opinion of dragons: ... Targets.

Likes: Not being dead, nights, black leather, being smartly turned out, sucking the water from a dragon's cells.

Dislikes: Dragons, the fact that almost everyone else from the crash of the Aziraphale died before getting to the castle, getting blood on her suits, getting horrible bio-gloop on anything she owns, the continued existence of dragons, the continued existence of dragon rights activists, deliberately unwinnable tactical situations, Eccles cake.

Oh, and because Nick demands it... here's a ninja. Not that you'll be able to tell...

Sapphire's eyes lit up when Atlas asked if she wanted to go see more humans. Naturally the hatchling nodded vigorously to her mother. "Yes yes! Can we go now? I want to go now." Sapphire was having difficulty keeping her voice down with the sudden influx of excitement. The little half-magi dragon couldn't believe she was getting to see more humans. Maybe in the northwest region she would see for sure whether or not all humans were bad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((I wish you speedy recovery Wolves happy.gif))

Malice followed Redfire through the lab. They couldn't afford anymore delays with this project. However, the serum seemed to be an endless font of...issues. There was no denying that the Copper dragon was frustrated with the progress of the serum. This new problem had Malice on edge. They were so close, mass production could have been made possible this very day if it weren't for what happened to the ice dragon. "If it comes down to it Redfire, we will have to use one of the other incomplete products and make the best of it until we get a proper one going, we need to catch our opponents off guard and after our tussle at your old headquarters I'm sure the Aquarions are making preparations of their own." Malice said to the THEM leader.

Earl was soaked right through to his undergarments with Ayos's storm still pouring buckets of rain down from the sky. On top of that he still didn't know which way Windfall was. He almost regretted being rude to the hybrid, then he recalled her accusations and just frowned as he continued to trudge through the forest's mud. It didn't matter if Meracle's accusations against his activities weren't exactly wrong. There was no denying that the stitched dragonhide army was going to be used to kill people, namely humans, but she didn't have any proof of his activities and it erked him that she felt like she could just accuse him of whatever she wanted. Earl allowed himself a smirk though, when Brian's plan came to fruition she would surely suffer.

((No, that's only wolf form

And what about evens and odds?))

"Actually no, there's plenty of trees left. And you are still plenty more a target, being way up there, genius" Arceus dulled his eyes. "I haven't been blowing fire on the trees. Just at the little coward hovering out of reach" he snorted as Ayos flew higher, only increasing his targeted chances of lightning. Clearly this one is a genius he thought sarcastically. "Now are you going to keep blubbering about how you're not scared or actually come down and prove it?" he sent a fireball flying at the black dragon, evaporating the rain it touched.

Miko had beaten Fayt to the shelf, pulling two books from it. She held one to Fayt and took the other for herself, scooping up Jaden again. "I suppose they all should learn then" she commented. Jaden leaned back into the mixture of fur, feathers, and scales behind him as Miko sat him down. She opened the book and started to tutor him. Fayt turned on his heel shyly and gave the book to Minerva. "Here then..." he handed her the fresh book before picking Nell off the floor and setting her on the bedside with Minerva. He had to give her credit for being quite energetic despite having just given birth. Miko gave a long lesson before Jaden started to read slowly, steadily gaining speed as he went along. Miko stood up after few minutes to let him practice, walking to Minerva's side. "By the way..." she started. Miko held out her paw and a swirl of blue smoke swirled around until it solidified into a small sphere about one inch across. It was a sparkling sky blue with other darker shades of blue and bright green swirling inside. It seemed to be one of her signature healing crystals. "For you in case the children ever get hurt. Doctors won't always be close by" the crystal glowed faintly, giving off a sort of warmth.

((You're accepted, CCC.))

Atlas could see that her daughter was very much excited to see the humans. "Alright, alright, we'll be going there shortly," she said. Then she tried to use telepathy to contact Minerva to let her know that she was going to bring over her daughter to show off. But there was no response from the blonde woman, which means that she must be inside Nick's tent. Guess she'll have to go to Nick, instead. So she formed a telepathic bond with the human boy and said, 'Hey Nick, where are you? Can I come over to visit? I have my lovely daughter that I want to show off to you.'

Fayt gave Minerva Nell and the book. So Minerva practiced the ABCs with Nell as she pronounced what every letter is and pronounced the vowels. Then she taught the words to her daughter until she said, "Now you try reading it." Nell read one of the pages of picture book and said, "The... cat jumped... off the... tree." Minerva smiled and said, "Very good! You got the words right!" Nell was flattered at her mother's praise and felt good with reading. Then after Miko gifted the mother with one of her healing crystals, Minerva replied gratefully, "Thanks, Miko!"

REdfire didn't say a word as he pointed to a dragon that was standing in the lab, it seemed to be having trouble breathing. "It seems when they hold off using their breath for a certain amount of time, the energy builds up inside them and they began to get bad after-effects. However" He tapped on the glass, and the dragon began to breathe out it's element, however only slightly. He shook himself off and seemed to be completely cured. "If they use their power constantly, however only a tiny sliver, the problem solves itself."

((Ah ok then I will keep that in mind from this point on. I thought Arceus was still on fire XP. The evens/odds thing is for the lightening. I thought tossing in a dose of random chance to shake things up a bit would be amusing happy.gif if you win the call there is no lightening, if you lose then there is lightening. Don't worry I won't lie about it, if I was gonna drop lightening on your face anyways I wouldn't have bothered asking. The lightening is in relation to Ayos's attack ~_^))

Ayos snorted as he spun and gave a flap of his wings sending a blast of freezing air to negate the fireball before it reached him. "Keep trying." he said continueing to taunt the dragon. It didn't really matter that there were trees surrounding Arceus he was the most conductive thing there next to Ayos. The ball of ice clenched between Ayos's claws was rapidly growing in size now starting to exceed a man's head. "You just don't think. Stop for a second and ask yourself why on earth would I be this high? You think I don't know about the risks?" Ayos said still flitting about the darkened sky. "Do yourself a favour and just stop and think about that." The black dragon said continueing to taunt Arceus but more with his tone and not so much his words.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malice nodded in understanding. "Kind of like how the human's imprisonment technologies needed to be cooled during the time of the slavery. So long as they exhuast something they will be ok. That's good to know Redfire, if that's the case I think we have ourselves a workable serum. Prepair as much of it as you can and put together some squadrons of these dragons and then make your way to the armory. We will use them as a demonstration to gain Haniyas support. Then we will head out to Dominia, and then Gwenyar, with luck we may even get the Vulter horde back on our side but I doubt it. I think Aeolos has been changed for good. Once we have recruited and equipped as many dragons as we can we march on Rudvick and from there Aquios if the need arises. If we can cripple them early then the rest is little more than a mop up job. Redfire you've done good work here, we may yet secure a future safe from human threat."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yay! Thank you thank you thank you mom!" Sapphiere exlaimed in no longer contained joy. She would get a chance to see humans and maybe even good humans. Then maybe she could show them to her father and he would stop working with Redfire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Gal saw teh crystal it clicked in his mind who Miko was. "I knew that I've met you before, Miko. Your the fine lass that taught me about your healing crystals!" he proclaimed as though he had suddenly discovered the ultimate answer. ((42)) Galamoarno started to get a nagging feeling in the back of his head and he turned to Laura. "Is it just me or is there something you wanted to talk about dear?" he asked needing to rectify the feeling.

((YOU LIE! *cough* yes.... I'll go with odd... because I'm odd like that... :3))

Arceus paused for a moment before bringing his wings up, ready to shield himself from a main blow of lightning. "Go ahead and try, pipsqueak. But it will take more than that to take me down so I hope you have a backup plan!" he shouted up at the black dragon. While a bolt of lightning would definitely hurt, it would not be lethal to someone of his size. His face was contorted scornfully, wanting so badly to put his claws around Ayos. Meracle frowned slightly, "Watch where you're aiming" she scolded ahead of time. Electricity she knew as something harder to actually control than other elements.

"Is that so?" Miko murmured, looking Galamonaro up and down. She didn't recognize him. She didn't really associate with necromancers as a white dragon. Jaden clapped the book shut as he'd had his fill of reading. Fayt leaned on the edge of the bed. "Necromancers aren't very popular huh?" he murmured. He had to admite that necromancers had a creepy air about them. Even in their behavior to each other. Undertaker always talked to Gal as if he practically was ready to kill him and add him to his 'collection'. Gal seemed quite interested in corpses himself. He wondered what would have happened if there had been necromancers present at the lab incident.

A small fire pygmy cut across the skies. A blue blue cap set petite-ly on his head and a similar blue bag was slung across his shoulder. He swept down at the scent he was looking for and fluttered onto the edge of the home of Atlas. He folded his wings and hopped along the rock floor to the immense dragon. "Hi, I'm a mail dragon from Aquios though... this is more of a telegram I suppose. Is Malice here? It's for him" he spoke. Being only a foot tall, the pygmy was somewhat on edge at the movements of a much larger Atlas. ((Err.... they are in a cave, right?))

Edited by Sai

(Yes, but I would like to know how he found them, because it's meant to be HIDDEN

Sorry, tyring not to sound snippy)

((Yes, they're inside the cave. I'll go to bed and then maybe post Aeolus's part tomorrow. Tron will be back soon, right?))

Atlas looked at the Aquarian fire pygmy coming into the cave and he said that he has a telegram for Malice. "He's not here right now. You can leave the telegram for one of the kids to hold until he gets back," Atlas said. Androcles, Tezca, and Danielle were still playing Kylie ball.

((Not the lab, wolves, their home. The cave where the kids and Atlas are tongue.gif

Isn't it in plain normal view?))

Nick lie on the floor, trying to fall asleep. As slumber began to take hold he heard a voice at the back of his head.

'Hey Nick, where are you? Can I come over to visit? I have my lovely daughter that I want to show off to you.'

His thoughts were sluggish 'Atlas.. is that you? I.. erm yes you can visit me I'm in some human city, I think its called....Windfall" As he talked Nick got up and moved to the windowsill, opening the window in hopes that the fresh air would clear his mind. He made a quick glance at Chasilin, hoping it didn't wake her up.

((Thanks Red where would I be without you?))

((Arg my post making gland has shrunken!))

((Yes her cave is in plain view. It's in one of the walls of a canyon.))

Atlas heard that Nick was in Windfall. Well at least it wasn't Gridania, but still Atlas didn't trust the humans there to be nice to her once she got there. She decided it would be better if Nick met her outside the city. 'I see... Well Nick, can you come out into the woods and meet me there?' Atlas asked.

Aeolus selected his dragons, warriors, and mages, including Richard, to go with him and Steve to search out the monsters' hide-out in the woods. The group trekked through the woods until Javier saw a purple feline creature with long ears; a darker purple mane; spikes on its back, sides, face, & tail; and glowing yellow eyes. "Halt! I see a ferocious spawn of the devil amongst us!" the paladin said as he pointed to the monster. The purple monster snarled as its long tongue draped out of its mouth. It was focusing on the dragons, its primary target. Then more monsters similar to it crawled into view as they all bared their fangs and snarled hungrily at their prey. Aeolus growled and said, "Everyone, prepare to fight and make sure every one of those things fall by claw or sword."

((Oh oops, it looks like I posted Aeolus's part too soon.))

Edited by Red Dragonette

((14 on a D20 using a roll sim.

Actual strike will be my next post. It's rough being the odd one out XP))

The ice ball had reached a sufficiant size or at the very least was as large as Ayos was willing to carry. He still had to throw the bloody thing after all and with the whole lack of apposable thumbs schtick, that throw would have to be made with both claws. As Arceus told Ayos that he should have a backup plan the small black dragon allowed himself a satsified smile. Arceus still didn't get it and now with his wings shielding him he couldn't see Ayos too well either or at least that's what the black dragon figured as he flew over Arceus and with a a heave tossed the ball of ice straight up into the air well above the dragon. Trees or no trees it was clear that the ball was meant to draw in the lightening which would effectively guide the bolt straight to Arceus's waiting wings. Ayos didn't dally either he needed to get low and fast, as soon as the ball left his claws he flapped his wings furiously practically launching himself backwards towards the ground and angled away from the presumed path of the strike.

Gal looked back at Miko and caught her more or less confused stare. She clearly didn't remember him. Then again it was a while ago, when he first started setting up in the area. "When we met I was researching moonlight dragons and their moon stones. I asked you where I could aquire one and you told me that I couldn't, I farther inquired about the moonlight dragons and of course your healing stones. I don't have my notes with me but one that stuck out was the one you used to heal emotional pain I think it was shaped like a heart...ah I can't remember. That was well before the empiricon war. Lord I must be getting old." he said humorously. Typically necromancers didn't age since they were manipulators of life and death. The less moral ones tneded to 'aquire' more life for themselves to extend their own, others still just replaced their bodies entirely. Different methodes varied depending on personality and moral standards, amongst other things. In Gal's case, he had a very high moral standard and thusly had not looked into extended life very much. However he hadn't gotten so old that he needed to worry about it.

((it just gave me something to talk about xd.png))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire looked curiously at the pygmie, he wasn't any taller than she was but was considered a fully grown dragon. Pygmies were always kind of neat in her eyes. "Mom can we go now? I want to see them." Although the pygmie was from Aquios he was still an enemy of her father. So cute though he may have been she was suspiciouse of him and eager to put a lot of distance between them.

(Gal, Malice post.

Alright, I am going to ask this one last time.

Is everyone sure they don't mind if I start the war against Tawdoh?)

The pygmy nodded and shuffled over to the children which were playing on the floor before glancing back at Atlas, "Though I believe this concerns you as well" he said. The little wyvern dug through his bag, pulling out a yellow letter with a red seal. He opened it and cleared his throat, reading the contents aloud to them.

To: Malice and Atlas

Greetings from Aquios. I would like meet with both of you concerning the conflict currently happening. I would not wish to needlessly shed blood, and I would like to assume you are still reasonable despite your grudges. It is in hopes of reaching some sort of agreement. Due to your breed, we may not be able to meet at Aquios, lest you be affected by the heat. I would like to meet at the island of Airyglyph, located between Rudvick, Haniyas, and Aquios. It is populated purely by dragons, so you should have no issues. I look forward to meeting you.

Woltar

He folded the letter and handed it to the nearest child. "Good day to you all then" he lifted his hat slightly in a modest gesture of goodbye and set it back down before flying off.

Miko half nodded, "Oh yes, I sort of remember now. Yes, those crystals are something unique of my creation. Though I'm not sure someone of your.... occupation really needs one" she trailed off, knowing he could already bring others back from the dead.

Arceus peaked over his wings and saw Ayos zooming towards the ground. He seemed to be in a hurry so Arceus fire a large blast of fire into his path. He wasn't going to take a blow without giving one in return. He quickly covered again. The large dragon grimaced in waiting of the hit from above. Of course, being somewhat of a masochist took the pain away from any blows he got.