picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

((I don't know. You said I could make one if others died in the process so... *shrug*

probably wouldnt work on the latest, but anything else would seem fair game. Dunno ultra super soldiers gotta have some sort of weakness))

The twins led Shat out of the prison and into the air. One flew in front, the other behind. "Hope you got some rest down there because the ocean doesn't appeal to rest stops" they said together. Both dragons seemed to be doppelgangers of the other. (meh just going to skip over long flight here) The desert stretched out for a long time once they reached land before the giant city came into view. Buildings were made from creamy colored stone with smooth surfaces and were as tall as sky scrapers. Bridges connected many of them. Streets filled the place, covered in sand. A river weaved through the entire city filled with boats, dragons, and people. Colors flashed everywhere in banners, umbrellas, and goods being sold. Many higher level walkways weaved through the giant buildings. Off to the side were large fields of crops. The twins swooped down toward the fields, landing in the soft dirt the earth dragons were keeping fresh and moist. "Ok prisoner. Your job is to harvest the durians from these trees" "Put them in those carts over there" they took turns speaking and pointed to the crops and carts. "We're Tic and Twic. Ask us if you have questions"

Arceus kept a strong grip still, not letting go. He flailed his limbs out to try and scratch blindly. He felt his paw brush against Ayos's teeth and pulled it back. He lashed out again with his claws in the general direction of the snapping noise of Ayos's maw. The wolf flared up his flames again. He wasn't sure it would do much of anything, but he didn't see a reason not to try. Meracle cocked an eyebrow at them, "Looks like a total censorkip.gif fight" she comment, seeing how tangled up they were. It wasn't a serious looking fight but more of two children flailing at each other.

Jaden cocked his head to the side but nodded. He ungracefully used Gal as a launch board as he flew across the room to Miko who caught him under his arms. "Now now, can't use someone's face as a landing pad" she said. "I see" Fayt mumbled in a distracted tone. He watched Minerva teach the kids how to read. Although Fayt was adopted into a family with children, he wasn't able to go to a human school. He usually stayed home in the workshop with his 'father'.

Edited by Sai

Ayos let out a small frustrated growl when he missed again. He flared his wings nice and high to keep them out of the wolf's reach and took the flailing claws to the side. Ayos cooled the air to counteract Arceus's heat, it was a lot easier to sustain a current temperature than it was to create knew ones. Ayos dove his head into the flurry and made a bite at Arceus's shoulder. He would have to sink his teeth in farther than he wanted too to get a good grip but that was how it was, he needed to get hold of this flailing wolf and bring him under control. Ayos used his free foreleg to guard his neck and flapped his wings to stay steady he wasn't about to be turned over anytime soon, but this lifted some weight off of Arceus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gal was rocked slightly as Jaden lept off of him. Fortunately Miko set the child straight about peoples faces not being launching board. He restrained a need to correct her and say that it was technically his shoulder and not his face, but face had more humour to it. He looked over to Albel. "So your Fayte's brother right?" He wanted to strike up a conversation but Albel didn't seem like much of a conversationalist, still no harm in trying.

(I'm getting to it Sai, There is a huge weakness.)

Redfire and the ice dragon landed a few steps away. Redfire turned his gaze on the dragon, who was having trouble breathing. "What's wrong? If you are unfit for duty you only have to say so." The dragon blinked and shook his head, worry on his face over such a fate "No I'm fine." Redfire sighed, and turned to walk over to Malice and the others. Her glanced to Malice and muttered quietly "It seems there's a side effect the scientists haven't found yet. I do hope it isn't lethal like the scale flaking from a previous serum. I'm afraid the serum is not as ready as I had hoped." He turned his gaze back to the ice dragon, a flicker of concern assing his face before his training kicked in and it was blank of emotion once again.

Shat obeyed silently, not saying a word.

(Well yeah because it would be completely unfair if the first try you make the perect serum and the first time you teste it it worked perfectly.)

Edited by warewolves

((Sorry about my sudden vanishing, schoolwork got me.

What did I miss?))

((Understandable. The last thing I saw was your character Steve asking Aeolos about what it was he was looking for. Aeolos's answer was survivors of the Empiricon attacks, he then asked Steve if the Miner knew of any nearby villages in need of their help.

As for me, Brian and Tackeron agreed to Rina's condition. Tackeron asked if Rina minded if Erin and Earl were brought in on the secret. Erin was the enchtress Rina met when they first arrived in windfall, Earl hasn't been met yet but is on his way through the forest towards Windafall.

The characters Ronan, Drake and Hope are also now active in the RP again but they are in the alternate dimension inside Nick's wrecked tent.

Your last post and the responses can be found on page 1316 happy.gif I hope that was helpful.))

Malice shook his head, and whispered in return to Redfire. "Well not everything can be perfect. Observe the side effect while we are here and do some more intensive research on it when we get back. Once that is done report your findings to me. So far the serum is proving to live up to my standards once we've determined the severity of the side effect I will decide whether or not it's gets my approval for mass production. Until then tend to him and make sure he is well." Malice said not wanting to have the test subject die on him at all much less in front of his children.

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Thank ya))

"Village in need of help? Well then you came to the right person! I know A LOT of villages in Dominia! No boast!" - Steve's smile got wider, but ceased with following words: "...Well actually there is one problem in a village to the northeast from here. A man was found nearby, heavily wounded. He is okay now, don't worry!" - he added with hurry upon seeing Richard's expression on these words. "If you want to help them, you'd better hurry. Who knows, maybe these steroided experiments of doomness are there too. As for me..." - miner laid his pickaxe on his shoulder - "...I was on my way to the cave. Planned to get some ore, you see. If you want, I can show you the path to that village."

"You can involve Erin in this, if you want to." - responded Rina. "As for Earl... If he is the person that I can trust, then you can involve him too."

"Well that's great then. Earl should be done with his business with the-" "Shut it Tack. She isn't a member yet." Tackeron clamed up at Brian's words. He hadn't heard Brian speak in such a commanding tone for ages so he was quick to be silenced when Brian spoke like a true superior for the first time during this conversation. "Sorry Mister Chairman." Tackeron said after a moment of uneasy silence. "Cut it with the formal stuff, out here I'm just Brian. I needed to get away from the stuffy title which is why I chose to tag along for this. As for Earl miss Rina, he is trustworthy, I'd leave my life in his hands without a second thought. Come on, down to town square, we need a post there too." Brian said and Tackeron leaped into the air and flew to town square.

((Any time happy.gif))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earl waded his way through the forest as he wondered and wandered it became apparent that he was...most assuredly lost. "I am so screwed. I miss Pierre, I hope my experiment didn't flake away into nothingness. now windfall is supposed to be in the north eastern region and it's a pretty big city. hmm...I could head for the mountains. Ugh but there is no garuntee that windfall reaches their foot. I wish our information was more accurate. This place changes soo much. AND WHY IS IT SO BLOODY COLD!?" Earl wasn't too far away from where Ayos and Arceus were scuffling.

Erin finished sweeping up the remains of Pierre and tossed them into a trash can before returning to her project with the central shrine she was making.

((Wasn't complaining, just sayin. You sounded surprised when I posted about it))

Arceus yelped as he felt teeth sink into his shoulder. He growled again, though it changed tone as his orange eyes lit up. His blue fire enveloped him and his form quickly grew into his dragon form. His shoulder came free of Ayos's maw and he lashed out his claws to grab up Ayos in a rough grip. Meracle fumbled over herself to move before she was stepped on. "Little warning?" she growled. Arceus roared in the little dragon's face, rustling the trees behind him.

Albel flickered his eyes to Galamonaro. "Yeah?" he near grunted. Albel wasn't used to conversation, or Galamonaro for that matter. Undertaker had set the 'weirdo alert' off in his head for necromancers, so he already was somewhat disgruntled towards the man.

((Well for wanting Shat out so badly, you dont seem to want to do much))

(I just need him out of Limbo so when I need him he's there.

I'll wait for Red)

Edited by warewolves

Ayos gave a single flap to get clear of Arceus's grabbing claws although his wings caught the rush of air from Arceus's roar causing Ayos to spiral backwards a moment, at least his arm was loose now despite still being very sore, in the air he wouldn't have to worry about it as much but when the time came to land he would have to be gentle. "Miffed?" He asked taunting the wolf as the little black dragon ascended to the sky. He started cooling the air again to combat the dragon hybrid's flames and the air started to become progressively more turbulent as the two extreams clashed. Ayos kept a distance between him and Arceus again as he waited for the large dragon's move.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was pretty clear Albel was less than amused with Galamonaro's...well existance. "I'm wondering if you have any kind of hobbies." Yes, Galamonrao was winging it now. Albel's response had been short and blunt which didn't leave a whole lot to work with, so a question on hobbies was Gal's best icebreaker.

Minerva looked for the uppercase A in the book. It wasn't in the first page, so she flipped to the second page and found it there. She pointed the uppercase A and said, "This is also 'A' and it's an uppercase."

Androcles saw a few silhouettes outside the cave and said, "Hey, I think mom and dad are back!" The cousins and Matt stopped talking and turned to look at Androcles as Danielle asked, "They are?" Then they all went outside to meet them and soon, the parents, Redfire, and the ice dragon landed on the ground. Then Sapphire said this was now a good time to ask them if they could keep Tezca. Then the siblings and Tezca went over to Malice and Sapphire said that the dark purple hatchling had a question for him. Malice dropped the hunter onto the ground said that the human was for Tezca to kill. "That's the hunter who killed your parents, Tezca. My mate has brought him over for you to get your revenge on. He's unarmed, so don't worry about him attacking you," Atlas said. Tezca glared and barred his teeth viciously at the human, "You! I'm going to make you pay for killing mommy and daddy!" Then he charged towards the hunter and bite him on the neck with his venomous fangs. The man struggled beneath Tezca and soon the poison was taking a toll on him. The man became limp and dead. Tezca got off the man and seen on his neck was a mixture of crimson blood and lime green venom. "Whoa!" Androcles said as he was a bit frightened at seeing a bloody wound for the first time.

"Very well, take us to the village," Aeolus said to him. Then he sent a telepathic message to his mate, 'Cantarella, there's a human settlement northeast of here. Take the others with you and meet us there. Also, beware of any strange creatures that come out at you. A few of them killed one of our own and badly injured me.'

Kayla nodded again, "A, uppercase."

Suddenly a high pitch keen filled the air around Redfire. He turned and his eyes opened in evident shock as he saw the fear and pain on the ice dragon's face. His mouth was open in a silent scream, and his body began to stop moving and then froze entirely. Redfire took the few steps over, and put a paw on the dragon's head. "He-He's completely frozen in ice" the shock was evident in his voice. He took a few steps back and breathed in. Maybe a low heat would melt the ice and make him breathe again. A weak, yelow flame flew out of his mouth as he blew it gently on the ice dragon. The ice began to melt and the body becoming visible. He stopped when the scales began to blacken from the head and walked over and touched him gently. The dragon crumbelled to pieces, completely fozen inside and out. He stood there, and turne away and faced Malice again. There was a sadness in his eyes. "We've lost another...." He glanced back to the body before flaring his wings and heaving a deep sigh. "I am glad I could be of help, but I'm afraid I have my own problems to deal with." He glance to Malice once again, his eyes closing for a moment and opening with no emotion whatsoever in them. "If that is all, I shall take my leave."

Arceus stomped towards Ayos even though he was in a lower position. "What's the matter? Chicken?" he called up, seeing Ayos had backed off. He let out another snarl that echoed through the forest from his size. Birds scattered from the trees. He didn't noticed Earl as he stomped about, but did the human little grace as he roughly beat his wings to take flight, causing wind to stir that bent the trees. He flew fast At Ayos and breathed hot fire. Of course due to size, it took a mere second for him to reach the black dragon. Meracle sniffed faintly as she picked up another smell. She flapped her wings, being much more silent and graceful. She flew up and landed on a swaying branch above Earl. A subconscious growl flowed through her nose. She had never seen this person before and he didn't seem like an ordinary citizen.

Albel flashed a smirk at Galamonaro. "I love to kill annoying things" he said in a tone that sounded instigating. He didn't have anything against the man personally, but Albel did love to screw with people. It was also a subtle way for him to figure out if the said person was a coward. He moved around the room, making a path that went behind Galamonaro. He was interested to see how this human spooked, or how he would react to a subtle threat. Given that he was walking around and eying him like prey. Fayt glanced up and frowned. He'd seen Albel do this with Gordon and Kyl. He shook his head and looked back to Minerva, "Maybe just teach her that abc song?"

The hatchlings were shocked as they saw the ice dragon completely frozen in ice. Then after Redfire melted the ice, the ice dragon crumbled to pieces. "What just happened?!" asked Tezca, who was confused by how the ice dragon died. Kylie looked to Redfire and thought suspiciously, 'I think he happened to that dragon!' She heard that the serums had their side effects and most of the times it harmed dragons. Kylie thought that was low to test something like that on their own kind. At least the humans were considerate of their own kind as they only tested their experiments on animals & dragons and not other humans.

"Sure, that would be fun! Come on, Fayt. You and I are going to sing it together," said Minerva who liked the idea. Then she sang the ABC song.

Edited by Red Dragonette

Kayla tilted her head, listening to it. She slowly took the book off Minerva and began pointing to the letters, singing along. "a, uppercase A, b, upercase B" Minerva had showed her how the book was layed out, and now they were saying the letters. She smiled, singing her own little song. She glanced between then and pointed to the letter J. "Uppercase Jay?" to see if she had it right.

Ayos flew straight towards Arceus when the dragon lifted off. Ayos created an area of cool around him and passed through the flames with ease, he folded his wings and dropped out of the bottom of the flames. Spreading his wings again he sailed through the air under Arceus. "Pfft, never going to get me like that." Ayos was much smaller than arceus and he was using his new found agility advantage to evade the big dragon. He was waiting for just the right oppertunity. Just a moment ago a momentary oppertunity existed but missing men he would have dived straight into Arceus's mouth which would do him little good. So instead he had dived out the bottom of Arceus's flames.

Earl held his hat in place as Arceus took off after a small black speck in the sky. He didn't notice meracle land nearby. "Jeeze i ask the magi to drop me off in the north east region and she dumps me in the middle of a dragon show down. Jeeze, if I didn't no better I'd say that THEM magi did this on purpose." he said speaking out loud to himself. After all he thought he was alone. "Not even gonna bother with wondering why that biggun is on fire." He added watching the fight progress.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Interesting pastime." Gal said watching the hybrid circle him like some kind of prey. He could sense the sublte threat from Albel. "Don't look so hungrily at me, I'll give you diarriah. Plus I taste as bad as I smell." he said jokingly to the circling hybrid.

"Don't need to" Arceus commented. He swung his hammerhead tail down underneath him to intercept the black dragon. He kept his claws readily on each side in case Ayos dashed. He just needed one hit in. One hit would take Ayos down or put him in his claws. Either was good to Arceus. Meracle narrowed her eyes at the human. A THEM soldier huh? I know how to handle that she silently swooped down, tucking her wings at near the ground to add force as she smashed into Earl's back. She pinned him to the ground, sitting on hit back. She easily held both his wrists in one hand, pinning them above his head as she turned him over. Meracle used her free hand to yank him up a bit by the front of his shirt, "So what is a THEM agent doing out here, pipsqueak? Not so funny when you're the one helpless" she growled.

"I call it fun pastime" Albel corrected. He snorted at the following comments. "Who says I eat them? I just like to have the pleasure of raking my claws through them" he paused behind him to blow steam towards the back of his neck. Albel didn't really expect him to scare easy in the first place, what with working with the living dead and all. Of course, he was amused that the necromancer blatantly stated himself as the target of Albel's threat instead of beating around the bush. Fayt shyly sang along with Minerva. He nodded to Kayla's question. "There, try to read now"

Kayla put the alphabet book down and pciked up the other book. She opened it and glanced to the first page. "C-o-n-t-e-n-t-s. Contents!" She smiled hapilly, and began to read, slowly picking upthe pace as she began to get her head around the language. She glanced to Minerva and Fayt and smiled "Book is fun." She giggled, then went back to her book.

Edited by warewolves

"Huaah!" The sound was akin to a verbal splat as Earl felt a weight slam itself into his back. Meracle's attack caused him to drop his case of cash but it didn't open. "Hey what do you think-ow that hurts." Meracle practically tied knots with Earl's hands, he struggled to get loose with no success until finally she held him up by his hands and shirt. "What the hell are you doing!?" he immediatly asked but was interrupted by Meracles statement. "What are you talking about I'm not a THEM soldier you dweeb. Jeeze do you always pounce on random strangers?" He said trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Then it dawned on him, she probably heard him talking to himself. "OOOOhhhh wait, now I get it. Look I'm not an agent of THEM I simply provided them with my services in excahge for hefty payment. Will you let me go now?" he said explaining things to Meracle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayos ascended a tad to avoide the hammer head part of Arceus's tail but had no intention of dodging the rest. Steadying himself he waited for the body of Arceus's tail to connect with him, it would hurt like hell but he would be able to find purchase on it and once he got a hold of Arceus there would be no getting the little black dragon off. "You need to think more, and flail less." He said flapping backwards a bit to help releive the inevitable impact.

((I can see this happening.

Ayos: *latch* Ahha! I have you now!

Arceus: *toot* Scuse me.

Ayos: Blah, ack, arrrgh! x.x))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire didn't watch, she instead turned away as Tezca killed the man. She mentally reminded herself that the man deserved it, he had killed Tezca's parents after all.

Malice gave a nod at Tezca's revenge. "Now what-" Malice was interrupted by the Keen and he spun around to see the ice dragon freeze over entirely. He was silent with shock and his shock only deepened as the ice dragon crumbled. Consumed by his own power, I fear that the serum may be asking for too much. At this rate we will kill ourselves off before we can launch an attack. Malice thought solomnly to himself. Redifre said he needed to take his leave Malice gave a nod, he had come to respecct Redfire but the dragon wasn't producing satasfactory results. Malice began to think that a new approach may be needed, he'd give redfire a few more chances and maybe ask him to look farther into one of the old formulas, those early tries had had more success. Maybe they needed to research those more and just stabalize them. The simple fact was that he couldn't have them dieing on him.

Sapphire had turned around in time to see the ice dragon freeze up entirely and then crumble. She shot the coldest of glares at Redfire as the dragon shamelessly asked to b allowed to leave. She knew Redfire was bad, and this just proved it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Awefully wasteful aren't you. No talent to raise them no desire to eat them. Do you at least bury or cremate them?" he asked reaching into a pouch as Albel blew steam on his neck. "Your breath is kind of warm, you mind not doing that." Gal asked sarcastically. "You know me being around cold things all the time, makes me comfortable when it's cool." he was of course referring to bodies. he didn't turn around, he wasn't exactly expecting Albel to make a scene. As far as Galamonaro was able to tell they were just throwing jibes at each other.

"Off we go then!" - smiled Steve - "Follow me! We will reach the village in no time!" - and he began to walk towards the village. He started to whistle some kind of song, which turned out to be a song, that the miners are usually singing. "He really likes his job, it seems." - thought Richard, trying to ignore the pain. Because of his broken arm he moved slower than usual.

"I hope it's true." - thought Rina, but didn't said that outloud. However she clearly understood, that Brian and Tackeron are hiding something. She decided to wait until she can accept her suspections about them.

Redfire thanked Malice with a simple bow of his head. He then glanced to the air as two Magi dragons appeared. "Make sure he-" Redfire paused and glanced to the frozen dragon's shattered remains. "Gets a proper burial, he was an honourable dragon." One magi nodded and managed to pick up every single iece of the remains before teleporting away. Redfire turned back to Malice and and younger ones and bowed to each of them in turn. "I am sorry you had to see this." He turned and walked over to the Magi, and vanished back to his lab.

Minerva nodded and said, "Yes, that's an uppercase J." Then after Kayla read and spelled the word 'Contents' correctly, Minerva smiled and said, "I'm glad you're having fun learning and you've even spelled and said Contents right." 'They learn so fast, I bet they'll be even easier to raise than human babies,' she thought.

Atlas was also shocked at seeing the ice dragon crumble to pieces, but not as shocked as Matt who cried, "Whoa!" After Redfire called the magis to give the ice dragon a burial, he apologized to the hatchlings about having to see this dreaded scene. The hatchlings said nothing as they were still in shock at having to witness the ice dragon die like that. 'I am going to have nightmares for a week,' thought Danielle.

After the healer dragon healed everyone, they all followed Steve to the village.

Meracle's eye twitched as he said he was just there for the money. "That's even worse!" she barked so loud in his face, she was sure she gave him a breeze. Her chest heaved with momentary anger. She didn't understand how anyone could stoop so low as to give up precious morals and life for money. "You knew exactly what they were doing. And you did it fore money" she paused, looking as if something had just hit her. "Money..." she looked over to where she heard a crash before and saw a hefty looking case. She had a pretty good guess what was inside. She let go of the front of his shirt and let him drop to the ground, still holding his wrists. A small flame bust to life in her palm as she looked down at him with a cruel smirk well-learned from Albel.

Arceus snorted as he felt his tail smash Ayos with a sickening crack. He was sure it would do more damage than the little dragon was counting on. It was spiked after all. "And you give me too little credit" he said, swinging his tail still until he grabbed it in his paw. He grabbed at Ayos who seemed to be trying to hold on. ((If I understood that right?...))

Albel took the first part personal and shot around, ending up in Galamonaro's face in an instant. He shot his hand up and seized the necromancer by the throat, his unsheathed claws pressing against his skin. "Another word..." he growled. He didn't seem to need a 'hunter mode' as his pupils thinned to slits. Fayt's ears pressed back and he flinched, "Ah!" he started breathlessly, "Al-.. you can't-.... The kids!" he stammered over his words, feeling Albel was going to attempt murder. Albel glanced over his shoulder at the hatchlings. He looked back to Galamonaro and snarled before roughly shoving him away.

Soon the group was able to see the village. It was pretty small - just a couple or two of houses, a windmill, a smith and a bunkhouse. It seemed like that the latter was used as a storeroom, judging the barrels near the entrance, filled with apples, potatoes, bottles, tools and etc.

One of the villagers - a man with an age around forty - approached Steve upon noticing him. "By the time you have showed up. Where have you been all this time, you dolt?!" - he barked at a Miner, ignoring the others. "There was ANOTHER attack here, a dead victim this time! And where have you been? Mining your stupid ores or what?!"

"Oh, by de gods, Germund, shut up!" - shouted with an accent a stout man with a short red beard. "He is not da be judged fo' his leavin'! Just leave 'im alone!"

"This is none of your business, Frederick!" - snapped Germund. "Get back to work, or..."

"Allright, allright! No need da be THAT angry!" - shrugged Frederick and left, adding: "By da way he's with company, if ya didn't notice."