Stealthypugs

Eggy Give Away! ~Game~

White eggy successfully teleported to sei_chan65! smile.gif

Still no word from my third winner (though the PM has been read...) and pink eggy has hatched...

If there is a limit I hope it is only temporary. I would hate it if the list was really long again and there would be only a few eggs and we would have to wait ages to get one.

Any and all limits put in place will be temporary, and only until the list becomes a bit longer.

Okay, so here's what I'm thinking about currently:

- Shorten time before people can ask to be re-added. Right now, it's 10 days, or about 3 giveaways. This will either be shortened to a week (2 giveaways) or 4 days (1 giveaway).

- EITHER a limit on the amount of eggs each donator can donate (say, one egg per donator per drawing)

OR

What Teufala suggested, where a single winner can get multiple eggs. If this happens, I'd just make sure all the winners got the same amount, so there wouldn't be some people getting multiple eggs while others only got one.

More thoughts on this?

And you didn't hear this from me, but I might throw out something hopefully neat, though not-quite-a-story, for this coming giveaway or the one after it. ninja.gif

What about a 'winner limit' for each giveaway, based on the length of the list? E.g., if there are 12 people on the list, a maximum of 6 (half) or 4 (one third) or 3 (one fourth) winners. And if the limit is 6 winners and there are 8 eggs donated, the extra 2 would be randomly assigned one-each to two of the 6 winners. 'Rounding-off' as needed, so 11 winners would be one-fourth of a 45-person list, etc.

Potential problems:

-There would definitely be both one-egg winners and two-egg winners in the same giveaway. Personally, I wouldn't mind that, but others might?

-Some two-egg winners might not have space for two eggs. That'll require either extra PM-ing around to find out if a one-egg winner can take the egg, or else more gift eggs not being gifted. Of course, this'll be a problem with any solution that involves double-winners.

-When the explanation of the idea gets longer than the 'Fast Reply' box, it's a sign that the idea might be too complicated to bother with. xd.png Math! Beware!

Edited by alabaster_demon

I finally got around to reading the story for my eggy.

A SUNSTONE FROM YAOI_MALE27 selected a random scrap of splintered blue wood. According to the nerdy little eggy, the wood radiates a kind of energy only present in things which have traveled through time. If you wish to inquire into its studies, or refer it to the nearest asylum for the mentally ill, you’ll find the sunstone in the caves of number 1, sakana!

AAAAAAAAAH! AMG. It found some T.A.R.D.I.S. material!

Her name is now Ereal's Bad Wolf - yeah, I normally name my Sun/Moonstone dragons after Archer quotes, but in this case I am making an exception! Thank you so much not only for hosting this giveaway, but for giving me hands down the best story for my eggy!

Stealthy I like Lagie's idea of one egg per donor for the next couple of give aways. It is simple and I can get my mind around it. Now this is very important because should you need to take a break/go on vacation/get sick or some such thing when Rockin' On and I will cover for you by doing the give aways....well it would just make things a whole lot easier for us to fill in biggrin.gif

Stealthy I like Lagie's idea of one egg per donor for the next couple of give aways. It is simple and I can get my mind around it. Now this is very important because should you need to take a break/go on vacation/get sick or some such thing when Rockin' On and I will cover for you by doing the give aways....well it would just make things a whole lot easier for us to fill in biggrin.gif

Okay, I think I'll go with that.

And for now, I'm shortening the time before you can ask to be re-added to 5 days. Sound good?

So that would be only one giveaway between when someone wins and they can ask to be re-added to the list? I think maybe 2 giveaways between might be better, so there's more of a chance of other people on the list having a chance to win (unless the list gets -really- short).

O.o Just realised that the number of days needed between winning and getting re-added to the list was decreased from 10 to 5... So...

May I be added to the list please? Thanks! happy.gif

Just helping replenish the list: may I be added back please. It's been more than 10 days anyway ^^

Actually it's good that the list is almost empty, at least I don't feel bad for not donating as often as I should ^^

Hehe It's been 5 days, May I please be re-added?

So that would be only one giveaway between when someone wins and they can ask to be re-added to the list? I think maybe 2 giveaways between might be better, so there's more of a chance of other people on the list having a chance to win (unless the list gets -really- short).

Well, then maybe I'll add all these people and increase it to 6 days, so that would be exactly two giveaways after they won.

Also, it's a giveaway day! The drawing will be up in about 50 minutes, provided I'm on time.

Edited by Stealthypugs

“Welcome, welcome, welcome…” said the lady in the funny pink dress with a smile. It was rather hard to tell she was a lady, for the obscene amount of makeup made her look more like a clown, but the sugar coated tone of the voice gave her away. The crowd fidgeted nervously. Could it be? they were thinking, has the Terran Hunger Games plague reached us already? Then the lady continued with a cheery “Welcome to the EGA Paper Airplane Fly Off!” The crowd sighed in unison.

There are only three competitors this year. Each was given a sheet of paper equal in area to the wingspan of a Frill dragon, a week of folding time, and a week of testing time. Today, they meet on the race course to see who will take home the trophy.

The first racer is A ROYAL BLUE EGGY FROM THE CLOUD CASTLE OF IMZADI83! After spending five days marbling the paper so both sides of it were covered in swirls of different blue inks, the royal folded a standard paper airplane. However, as the crowd is soon to find out, the marbling was used not only for style but also for balance, the weight of the ink negating the imperfections of the original paper. For maximum aerodynamics, the eggy has created a little pocket near the nose of the plane, from which it can simultaneously see the course, steer, and hide from the blast of the wind. If it emerges victorious, the royal has disclosed to us that the location of its party will be at the caves of number 21, happyseagull!

Number two in the line-up is AN ICE EGGY FROM THE GLACIER MUSEUMS OF CATLOVER3288! It has built what looks to be a highly maneuverable kite, with three anchor points for the string and various tails for stability. In order to comply with the rules, however, the eggy has attached a tiny paper airplane to the back of the kite where it won’t impact the kite’s effectiveness. The plane is just barely large enough to accommodate the eggy, complete with a few holes through which its icicles can poke through, and is centered between the anchor points so the ice and quickly adjust the flight path if needed. Though clever, the people are eager to see whether this thing will be ripped apart in the strong winds or if it will pull through. If it does survive, the celebration will be hosted by number 6, ronnifox1, whether they like it or not!

Our last competitor is A BLACK EGGY FROM THE CRICKET FIELDS OF STEALTHYPUGS! Using some insane origami skills, this eggy created a scale replica of Hotblack Desiato’s stuntship, complete with an autopilot system (made of paper) that runs off of the energy created by a generator (also made of paper) which is spun by the wind from outside. This would be an unnecessary addition to the plane had the eggy chosen to ignore the color of the original ship, but because of its attention to detail the paper plane was painted pitch black immediately after construction was completed. Now all the eggy has to do is sit in the cockpit and hope for the best, because the paint made the windows opaque and it’s impossible to see anything, much less inspect and fix the engine, in the extreme darkness of the plane’s interior. With any luck, the paper version will not meet the same fate as the original, which was deliberately crashed into the sun, and will zoom across the finish line in first place so we can all go party over in the tunnels of number 4, alabaster_demon!

“Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor,” shouts the lady over the roar of the wind and the squirming twitch of the masses. In a moment, the planes will be off, and the crowds will eagerly listen to the rambling of the announcers, mounted on dragons high above the course. Who will win? Well, we’ll just have to wait and see. Feel free to do some betting!

Its been 9 days, and it says 6 now, so May I be re-added to the list?

Thanks! biggrin.gif

I think it's been 10 days, may I please be re-added? Sorry I didn't reply last time; I forgot to check my PMs >.<