Stealthypugs

Eggy Give Away! ~Game~

Sprawled out on Stealthy’s desk are a great many scrolls, each with a different story idea and a couple of points about it. So many to chose from, but most would have to wait for another day. For this giveaway, she had already decided to honor the requests of numerous curious dragons and give an account on her disappearance a couple of days earlier. After a good amount of thinking and some doodles, she has come up with a tale that should please the masses. It reads as follows:

A couple of days ago, a number of hours before the drawing was due, I decided to go on a walk through the forests near my cave. I told no one about this, hoping that the news of my wanderings wouldn’t spread far enough for me to be followed. This was not to be, though, for I was spotted leaving the caves by A VAMPIRE EGGY FROM THE HOME OF SHISHIRO! This eggy immediately alerted its friends, and soon I had a posse following me through the woods. I tried to ignore them, but their presence caused such a disturbance that I was soon forced to directly address them and tell them to be quiet. This helped the problem a bit, but didn’t fix it. At one point, I might have “accidentally” rolled one of the eggies down a hill, and it just happened to be the vampire, which rolled right through the front door of number 70, FallenBlaze!!!

It wasn’t long before I reached a surreal part of the forest. A small stream was trickling past an old willow, and the grass on the bank was springy and soaked in sparkling droplets of dew. Settling down beneath the tree, the posse watching me from all sides, I pulled out some parchment and a hard cover book and began writing some of the day’s story. Suddenly I found myself nodding off into fantasies and, at the time, I blamed this on A DAYDREAM EGGY FROM THE CLOUD CITY OF WHITE_TI_WOLF_14! Of course, I couldn’t possibly have known that the accidental daydream which the eggy had sent my way had attracted an alternate reality to the clearing, which enveloped myself and those present and practically swallowed the poor daydream. I spent the following day trying to locate the eggy, and eventually found it living comfortably in a chimney owned by number 59, kooploop!!!

This alternate reality induced a heightened dream state on us all, causing our minds to wander through the same world of thought. I was virtually unaffected by this change in scenery, but the eggies’ personalities seemed to be warped and twisted away from what they had originally been. For example, a group of eggies whom I knew to be shy and unadventurous was rafting down the foaming rapids of a nearby river, shouting something about treasure hunting over the roar of the torrents. At first I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, but I knew it had to be the TWO PURPLE DORSALS, A SKYWING, AND A RED STRIPE WHO FREQUENT THE KNITTING CLUB OF ANGYAL! I watched their raft speed downriver until it disappeared around the bend. I later learned that in the real world they had simply waded into the forest stream and followed it until its end. At various point the stream branched off into smaller trickles of water, and each time one of the eggies would separate from the group to follow it. Eventually, all four ended up in different caves: the dorsals with numbers 2 and 8, C4C3 and mackie0501, the skywing with number 42, PointOfOrigin, and the stripe with number 23, DragonMyst!!!

Turning away from that, my eyes settled on the willow tree. Something felt different about it, but I couldn’t figure it out. Then, in a stereotypical movie lightbulb moment, a firefly glowed into existence above my head and everything made sense: the tree was alive! It wasn’t the alive of a plant as it should have been, though, or even the alive of an Ent like you might imagine; it was the alive of a robot. Perched on one of the limber branches was the controller, a SKYWING EGGY FROM THE TRAIN YARDS OF GISTOFEVERYTHING! Every time it wiggled or tugged on one of the branches, the tree would lurch in a certain direction or bellow in a deep voice that my mind immediately related to fingers on a chalk board, despite there being no similarity between those two sounds. One particularly violent lurch sent the skywing flying through the air, for the wind had picked up back in reality and gotten rid of the eggy with the force of a slingshot. Based on a bunch of mathematical calculations I did when I was bored, it landed on the head of number 64, Valura!!!

As you probably already know, dreams don’t adhere to any laws whatsoever. Knowing that I was at least daydreaming, seeing the landscape before me turn into candy land wasn’t much of a surprise. It wasn’t even so much candy land as it was cake land, for instead of brightly colored taffy trees and cotton candy clouds there were giant cookie mushrooms and the occasional pudding monster. And, as is to be expected, there were a few eggies nibbling on the gingerbread houses, specifically A MOONSTONE AND A SPLIT EGGY FROM THE LOG CABIN OF MOONBEAM22! When their stomachs’ were full, another odd thing happened: they sunk through the floor. I still can’t figure out what the real-world parallel is to that, but somehow the two disappeared and showed back up again elsewhere, the moonstone with number 62, LadyLuck777, and the split with number 33, Sheriziya!!!

What I did end up learning about the cake land illusion was the subject of the nibbling: A GEODE EGGY FROM THE GREAT CAVERNS OF ROCKIN’ ON! Rocks aren’t usually affected by dreams, and apparently neither are geodes, for this little guy sat there in the moss the whole time wondering why a split eggy was drooling and munching on it. No harm done, though, since geodes have a tough shell for a reason, but the poor thing now feels severely underappreciated and unloved. I’ve sent it to the cave with the happiest disposition I know for therapy: the home of number 72, hybridhydra!!!

All this felt like it happened in the span of a few minutes, but I had started my walk at noon and was thus alarmed when the sky suddenly turned scarlet. My alarm was short lived, though, since I soon learned the sky’s color had changed because of the actions of A RED EGGY FROM THE MIRROR HALLS OF XEYLA! Somehow, the eggy had acquired a hot air balloon, and was now floating directly between the sun and myself. As the sun’s light caught on the red eggy’s shell, it somehow warped around and filtered down to me as red light. This meant the sunset was only an illusion, so I relaxed a little. Then the balloon moved, and the sky was still read. As I freaked out on the ground bellow, the eggy floated on towards the cloud systems of number 78, Dragonwing1234!!!

The sun was going down, and that could only mean one thing: I was already an hour late for the giveaway! I cast around for a way to wake myself up, but the cool stream had seemingly dried up and there wasn’t a suitable brick wall for me to run in to. I tried not to think about how the dragons back home were getting along, and focused my attention on a nearby eggy instead. My interest in this particular eggy stemmed from its temperature, which was enhanced by the dream state, for it was a piping hot EMBER EGGY FROM THE VOLCANIC PLAINS OF ALAYAJOY! Figuring I would wake up if I inflicted enough pain on myself, I picked the eggy up and held on to it for as long as possible. Blisters soon formed on my hands, arms, chest, legs, and anywhere else that the ember came into contact with my skin, but I felt no pain. No pain meant no reason for my real self to wake up. That was a problem. I continued trying through the night, but eventually just got frustrated and threw the eggy into the trees. The blisters healed faster than normal, though still rather sluggishly, and meanwhile the eggy had been eaten, woken up, and settled in to the caves of number 15, Aiuna!!!

After that ordeal, I decided to get some rest. Curling up near where the willow had once stood, I laid my head on the softest rock I could find and fell asleep. I didn’t know it, but while I slumbered the bubble of alternate reality moved on to haunt someone other than myself, and I was left in the cold of the night air and fresh dew. High above the trees, dragon whisked back and forth, searching for me, but the branches of the willow hid me well. One eggy, part of a ground crew, was actually fortunate enough to find me. It was a sweet young SILVER TINSEL EGGY FROM THE PALACE OF BUNNY MAESTRO! Despite its bravery, however, the young one’s attempts to signal the fliers drew the horrors of the forest to it. Ultimately, it was snatched up by a hound and dragged into the waning darkness, though it managed to escape into the clutches of number 14, Wanderer!!!

Just as I was waking up, another eggy found me. It was frigid in the early morning, but a blanket of warmth was soon blocking out the cold air. When I looked up, I found myself face to face with a strange female wyvern. She was of a species I had never seen before, with scales that shone in the weak sunlight and great twisted horns sprouting from her head. The poor creature’s wings were tattered, and in many places, blood trickled down her lean, muscular body. Yet a smile was spread across the dragon’s features, and atop her head was a smug looking ROYAL BLUE EGGY FROM A PART OF THE FOREST OWNED BY WHITE_KNIGHT! The eggy slid off the dragon, and I was carried to where a crowd of worried dragons and keepers were eagerly awaiting news of my whereabouts. I then sat down as finished the story you all read a couple of days ago, and in the mean time the royal blue headed off to a quadrant of the woods owned by number 73, Catlover3288!!!

That’s all, folks! I was simply locked away in a multidimensional pocket of another universe for a while; nothing to worry about. ^^

Edited by Stealthypugs

D'aw can't believe I forgot it was today! Ah well, lovely stories Stealthy and congrats to all the winners! O.o Yay! I won! xd.png Edited by Catlover3288

Two stories in two days? How on earth did that happen?

Sorry I wasn't able to contribute to it.

My magi winner never replied, and it's now a hatchie. unsure.gif

Nice STORY! biggrin.gif

I have PMed & sent link to my winner...waiting for an "accept" or "decline"! unsure.gif

Rockin' On

Great story, Stealthy! It's good to have you here, safe and sound. Please be careful, though, if you decide to walk in the woods by yourself again! <3

I was simply locked away in a multidimensional pocket of another universe for a while; nothing to worry about. ^^

Loved the story! But this just cracked me up the most! I'm tempted to steal it for future use when I need an excuse... on the other hand, with my group of friends, they may demand to come with me... laugh.gif

I Pm'd my winner.

Edited by Alayajoy

You haven't seen the last of her, kiyye. wink.gif

dragongrrl, you do realize I had a giant group of crazy eggs running around behind me, right? xd.png

I'm glad you liked it, Alayajoy! I usually have great trouble with conclusions, but since this is a story and not a fancy English essay I can occasionally come up with an amusing tidbit to wrap everything together. happy.gif

And I'm especially glad you guys liked the story in general! It was much more of a free write than usual, since I didn't keep to the format I usually use and added a lot more back story to every little bit, so it's nice to know it worked out well. biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Oh! I checked the calender! Next giveaway is next month! Do you know what this means?

Donator written giveaway! And your theme for this round is The Oscars! (or any other giant televised fancy show full of living famous people) Is your eggy a movie star, a circus performer, a presenter, the voice of Kermit the Frog or just one of those guys who mans the lights? You tell us!

For those of you new to this, a Donator Written Giveaway is when you the donators get to write a paragraph of story, based on a given theme, to go with the eggs you donated! Is it required? No. Is it highly encouraged even if you think you're not a good writer? YES! It's great fun to write and then read other people's stories, so I'd say you should participate even if English isn't your first language. Then again, I understand that you may not be able to write, or just really don't want to, so I can write the paragraph for you if you insist.

Rule of thumb is that you mention what kind of egg it is somewhere in the paragraph, preferably with your (the donator's) name as well, and then leave a spot somewhere where I can put who won the egg. If you don't do this, that's fine, I'll just add an intro/conclusion line to cover all the bases. happy.gif

Your one and only rule is to have as much fun as possible!

Go!

Edited by Stealthypugs

PMed my winner~ You need some help writing stories? I can try... I'll try and make a shiny of some sort... xd.png

And yes, my trainyards are haunted.

You haven't seen the last of her, kiyye. wink.gif

dragongrrl, you do realize I had a giant group of crazy eggs running around behind me, right? xd.png

I'm glad you liked it, Alayajoy! I usually have great trouble with conclusions, but since this is a story and not a fancy English essay I can occasionally come up with an amusing tidbit to wrap everything together. happy.gif

And I'm especially glad you guys liked the story in general! It was much more of a free write than usual, since I didn't keep to the format I usually use and added a lot more back story to every little bit, so it's nice to know it worked out well. biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Oh! I checked the calender! Next giveaway is next month! Do you know what this means?

Donator written giveaway! And your theme for this round is The Oscars! (or any other giant televised fancy show full of living famous people) Is your eggy a movie star, a circus performer, a presenter, the voice of Kermit the Frog or just one of those guys who mans the lights? You tell us!

For those of you new to this, a Donator Written Giveaway is when you the donators get to write a paragraph of story, based on a given theme, to go with the eggs you donated! Is it required? No. Is it highly encouraged even if you think you're not a good writer? YES! It's great fun to write and then read other people's stories, so I'd say you should participate even if English isn't your first language. Then again, I understand that you may not be able to write, or just really don't want to, so I can write the paragraph for you if you insist.

Rule of thumb is that you mention what kind of egg it is somewhere in the paragraph, preferably with your (the donator's) name as well, and then leave a spot somewhere where I can put who won the egg. If you don't do this, that's fine, I'll just add an intro/conclusion line to cover all the bases. happy.gif

Your one and only rule is to have as much fun as possible!

Go!

I-NEED-TO-DONATE.

NAO!!!

* runs off in search or a decent donation *

Edited by kiyye

I-NEED-TO-DONATE.

NOA!!!

* runs off in search or a decent donation *

Yay!

On that note, the giveaway is tomorrow, so start getting your donations and stories together if you haven't already!