Stealthypugs

Eggy Give Away! ~Game~

Suddenly, a shadow blots out the morning sunshine. The light dances off the scales of the resplendent wyvern as she ascends with a few powerful wing beats, before leveling out and making a beeline towards the worried crowd. The delicate skin that makes up her wings is tattered and pocked with holes, and blood trickles out from places where her scales have been torn loose. She curls up in the midst of all the dragons, and lifts her wing proudly to reveal one Stealthy, safe and sound. Though her face is turned down in shame, she is easily recognized by the ink stains on her clothes and the pile of scrolls in her bag. Without saying a word, she sits down on the wyvern's tail and pulls out a quill. Soon the surrounding air is filled with scratching noises as the story teller rushes to finish a manuscript that is well overdue.

--------------------------------------

At last, the dragon keeper rises up and smiles at the crowd. As she holds up the scrolls on which her latest story is scrawled, her dragon closes its eyes and casts a spell to bring the written words to life…

Listen up, everyone! Gather around, pay attention, and lend me your ears! Why? Why, you ask? Why, because THE EGA CIRCUS IS IN TOWN!

Posters are going up all around town, outshining all the other meek shreds of paper that cling pitifully to the walls and posts. I hear this design was thrown together by A PURPLE EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF GISTOFEVERYTHING, expert graphic designer and creator of the magic paste recipe! Each poster features a different scene, but they all share the same vivid colors, eye catching sparkles, and portrayals of odd creatures or daring circus acts. Crowds are forming around them all as people try to find out show times and location, so go quickly before you’re left out! Moreover, if you want to buy your very own copy of a poster, you should go talk to the purple over at the caverns of number 40, alabaster_demon!!!

Look! There it is! With the first show only an hour away, there is already a long and winding line at the ticket booth, so hurry before it gets any longer! Thankfully, the ticket vendor is a highly efficient ROYAL BLUE EGGY FROM THE CAVERNS OF MIDGUARDIAN! It’s doling out tickets left and right and still managing to return the proper amount of change to everyone that rushes past. Countless years of experience don’t make the job any less tiring, though, so while the show is going on you might bump into this eggy snoring away under the bleachers, or curled up in the home of number 70, Teufala!!!

Inside the great striped tents, in the midst of the crowded bleachers and the smell of candied apples, is a great ring. In that ring, commanding everyone’s attention, is A GOLD EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF RHUNYA! This young ringleader is a prize winning actor, comedian, and pigeon trainer. Despite this, it always disappears half way through the show thanks to its fear of clowns, running off to the home of number 3, rockonq!!!

Even before the show has a chance, though, vendors parade up and down the aisles selling their goods. Among them are A SPLIT EGGY AND A BLACK HATCHIE FROM THE CAVERNS OF KIYYE! These two are selling cricket crumpets and candied chipmunks, which are surprisingly popular among the more traditionalist dragons. So popular, in fact, that the two vendors are forced to run and hide from a crowd of hungry dragons, all competing over their treats. They soon end up cowering in nearby caves, the split with number 41, bumblebee1157, and the black with number 19, TypeTheDragon!!!

If you haven’t already noticed, it’s worth pointing out that this is a sophisticated circus, and thus it has its own live band to accompany the performances. The director of this band is a rambunctious SPLIT EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF CHEMIST98! Being young and stupid, it often shows up late, much to the dismay of the ringleader (though the band itself is usually relieved that the eggy showed up at all). The reason for its lateness today was a little affair it was having with some fine dame over in the caves of number 77, Phoenix Bird!!!

Finally, it’s time for the actual performers and their acts! The first to go are THREE GOLDEN WYVERNS, A GOLD, AND A MAGMA EGGY FROM THE CAVERNS OF CATLOVER3288! These flashy eggies are experts on the flying trapeze, twirling and tumbling past each other as if it was second nature. Between the trapezes are various hoops and bars meant as obstacles, though the eggies easily avoid them or use them to complement their tricks. The finish off the act, all five line up around the edge of a single hoop. When it spontaneously combusts, the flames provide a distraction for the audience so that the eggies can take their leave. When the crowd’s gasps of astonishment become roaring cheers, the eggies are already resting in nearby caves: the three golden wyverns with numbers 86, 8, and 42, MagicLance, Blackice6, and pyrolycan, the gold with number 88, Tehpikachu, and the magma with number 62, TempestSea!!!

With a few words and fancy flourishes, the ringleader presents its audience with A MAGI EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF EPHEMEREIS! The magi isn’t alone, though. It’s accompanied by a group of lesser creatures called manned lizards, which make up for DC’s lack of lions. These furry reptiles are notorious for their viciousness, and many claim they cannot be trained, yet the eggy leads them into the ring like a duck leading her duckling. Somehow, the young magi gets the lizards to do all sorts of fancy tricks, much to the audience’s amazement. Just as they’re leaving, dressed in tutus and caroling, the magi sneezes involuntarily and accidentally teleports itself to the home of number 38, Nightclan-Swiftfur!!!

The next act starts before the ringleader can finish presenting it, startling everyone with the sudden appearance of A ROYAL BLUE EGGY FROM THE CAVERNS OF TEUFALA! No one saw it come in; it was simply there where it hadn’t been before. The ringleader, having backed away quickly at the royal’s appearance, escaped just in time to avoid the risk of being squashed by a random object. Left and right, items appeared out of thin air, some disappearing just as quickly while others slide smoothly into their designated places. The rest of the eggy’s act is just as enthralling, mostly made up of freak disappearances and hypnosis. It ends much the same as it began: with the disappearance of the eggy. Based on a shrill scream from outside, it re-appeared in the cave of number 61, the void!!!

There’s no ringleader to announce the next act, though the reason becomes clear when into the ring rushes A GREENWING EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF EEVEE_EM! It’s painted with bright colors, can hardly move in a straight line, and tells bad jokes to anyone who will listen. No mistake is possible: this is a clown. Eyes roll and faces meet palms more often than you’d think possible. Here and there, a child starts to cry, and the greenwing moves away quickly when met with the icy glare of the parent. When its act is almost over, a giant golden ball rolls into the ring, pressing the eggy into the ground. Indignant, the clown jumps up and tries to chase the ball away, but instead it ends up running out of the tent as the ball pursues it relentlessly. Though the ball returned to the ring for the next act, the eggy kept going, eventually ending up in the tunnels of number 39, Rockin' On!!!

With the clown gone, a traditional Chinese dragon takes center stage. As adorable and realistic as it may look, it’s actually a costume worn by A RED, A WHITE, AND A MAGI EGGY FROM THE CAVERNS OF LAGIE! As the golden ball returns from the chase, the dragon romps around to keep the crowd entertained. This results in the loss of some of its whiskers, thanks to the grabby hands of little kids and hatchies, so it quickly moves over to its ball and jumps on top of it. The rest of its performance involves neat little balancing acts and acrobatics atop the golden sphere, including some jumps and flips that seem impossible considering the dragon is actually a trio of eggies. All is going well until a mischievous hatchie jumps into the ring and gives the ball a push, sending it and the Chinese dragon careening out of control. The hatchie sits there laughing as the dragon bows and rolls out of the ring, still out of control and at high speeds. It eventually crashes into a cliff face, and the three disoriented eggies make for the nearest clinic. The red ends up with number 47, Pinch of StarDust, the white with number 110, Snowytoshi, and the magi with number 18, Thefireeternal11!!!

The hatchie continues to sit in the ring, snickering and boasting to its little group of admirers, until the appearance of AN EMBER EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF SILVERROSE1290! This is the circus’s fire dancer, and its dramatic entrance as a dark little demon surrounded by billowing flames sends the hatchie running as far away as it can. With a chuckle, the ember begins to dance around the ring, its halo of fire slowly separating into a pair of burning hoops. For the rest of its act, the eggy is in constant motion, spinning and tossing the two hoops so they form elaborate patterns and force the audience to lean back out of fear of getting burned. Its continuous circles inside the ring get smaller and smaller, until it’s simply hopping up and down in one spot. A few seconds later, a flash of bright light leaves nothing but a pile of ashes and a room filled with awed silence. The ember, meanwhile, is already whistling the day away in a tree outside the caves of number 16, Thurin!!!

No circus would be complete without a juggling act, presented today by A SUNSTONE EGGY FROM THE CAVERNS OF SIMX55! Juggling is one of those sports that should be in the Olympics, one of those things which anyone can do if they’re determined enough, and one of those performances which never cease to boggle the minds of all onlookers. This sunstone is a master, who can thus afford to be a bit of a show of. Though it starts off juggling only five tomatoes, it soon upgrades to seventeen, and then trades them out for eggs, flaming torches, turtles, and even crocodiles. After the crocodiles come the fragile porcelain vases, with which the sunstone performs numerous tricks. To finish everything off, the eggy lines the vases up on the ground without breaking a single one, then picks up every object still in the ring and juggles them out. The crowd goes wild, but the eggy just keeps going, eventually walking all the way to the caverns of number 30, Engiype!!!

The show has ended, much to the disappointment of the audience! Once again, all the performers come into the ring to bow and say farewell. This time, though, they are accompanied by many of the back-stage people, such as a DARK MYST PYGMY FROM THE CAVES OF YAOI_MALE27! This pygmy was the costume designer, responsible for all the dazzling outfits that complimented the eggies’ shell colors. It’s also the one responsible for the Chinese dragon outfit, which now has a good twenty people begging for copies or versions for their own eggies. To keep up with the requests, the pygmy will be staying with the local tailor for a while until it finishes them all. If you also want your very own Chinese dragon costume, just stop by the shop of number 50, crimsonsnowflake!!!

Not everyone is thrilled about the circus and its success, though. A prime example is the MOONSTONE EGGY FROM THE CAVERNS OF RIKKA_ASHEN6! Being one of the newest additions to the circus crew, it’s stuck with the lowly job of janitor, responsible for cleaning up after all the attendees. Trash, gunk, and sticky slime needs to be scrubbed from all surfaces, the tent has tears that need mending, and someone has to keep the manned lizard cage clean. Trying to keep a sunny disposition as it works, the eggy imagines itself being promoted into a position in the band, or to a lighting technician, and it works all the harder to make that day come soon. It also decides to reward itself for everything it’s done by visiting the ice cream parlor later in the day, so if you need it it will be over with number 33, ReshiramPhyre!!!

Though the circus will be here for another few days, eventually the tent will be packed up and the show will move on. Those in charge of tent disassembly and packing are A PURPLE AND A CHEESE EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF DRAGONGRRL! Taking down such a large tent requires quite a bit of coordination, or just a whole lot of screaming, and thankfully, the cheese provides plenty of the later. Being prone to melting and thus highly paranoid, the cheese is locked inside the tent as the purple goes around loosening all the poles. Its paranoia chases the cheese to the exact center of the tent, directly under the hole in the fabric where all the poles meet. When the structure sways and rustles in a certain way, the cheese lets loose a loud, high-pitched squeak of fear, signaling the purple to let the tent collapse. If all goes well, the little hole at the top of the tent falls down in such a way that the cheese ends up outside, and can then help role everything up. This time, an unexpected breeze resulted in the cheese being trapped inside the flattened tent. The purple, unaware that anything was wrong, packed up the tent on its own. I expect the janitor won’t be particularly happy when the tent is next pulled out covered in melted cheese. For now, though, the cheese is tossed into the last train car with number 89, chocobox, while the purple will get to ride in another car with number 72, seacatsmew!!!

The train which the circus uses as transport is constantly being maintained by a group of eggies, including A GOLDEN WYVERN FROM THE CAVERNS OF RESHIRAMPHYRE AND A NEBULA EGGY FROM THE CAVES OF XXDRAGICEXX! The wyvern is in charge of the engine, making sure everything is oiled and that there are no holes in the pipes through which steam can escape. The nebula bears a checklist that appears to go on forever. Before the train departs, this eggy is in charge of going from train car to train car making sure that everything is present and accounted for and that any stowaways are reported to the ringleader and assigned with appropriate jobs. While the train is in motion, though, the two eggies sit in the engine room eating scones and sipping at tea, relaying the most recent gossip to one another. Now that the train is stationary for a while, the eggies have free reign of the town during the evening, and have taken to staying at two local inns: the wyvern with number 24, cucu8873, and the nebula with number 78, SapphireRose!!!

… The sounds of circus music become fainter and fainter as the illusion subsides. Stealthy is sitting on the crown of the wyvern’s head, from where she had been narrating, stroking one of the spiraled horns. With a nod of her head, a silent apology, the keeper puts her hand down on her dragon’s forehead. The creature whistles sweetly like a bird and takes off, her flight graceful and effortless despite her injuries, disappearing in an obvious direction that the crowd noted down in case Stealthy happened to vanish again.

Edited by Stealthypugs

Woo hoo!! PMd my winners :3

great story as always!! man, i guess dragons must really like candied chipmunks XDDDDD

Edited by kiyye

Woahh, there were a lot of donations! Epic stories Stealthy, and messaged all of my winners!

Congratulations to all of the winners!!

WOW! Lots of donators and eggys this give away biggrin.gif

Stealthy your story was worth the wait...EPIC...big as circus tents!

EDIT: PM'd my donator laugh.gif

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

Great story, Stealthy, and well worth the wait! (We were all a little worried, and I'm sorry about letting things getting carried away!)

I've Pm'ed my winners! <3

Great story, Stealthy, and well worth the wait! (We were all a little worried, and I'm sorry about letting things getting carried away!)

Tis okay, it's mostly my fault for disappearing in the first place.

And the RP was adorable! I'm really glad I had a chance to read it before it was deleted. happy.gif

And I'm glad that the story is liked! There were a whopping 25 donations from 17 different donators! That's, well, a lot.

Thank you everyone for your incredible patience, even if it was mostly filled with worry. smile.gif

Edited by Stealthypugs

Glad everything's alright, Stealthy!

Pm'd my winner.

Edited by chemist98

While I have not yet heard from today's winners, I finally heard from my previous Give Away winner, who was had some computer difficulties, and had to borrow a computer to check on her babies. I've sent a new trade link and hope she will be able to pick up her hatchling without more problems. smile.gif

havent heard from either of my winners yet. i just cant wait till mach 1, when i can get back on the list ^U^

Lagie, oh kind dontor of my winning red eggy, I tried to send you a PM but you need to do some housekeeping as my PM didn't go though letting you know that my scroll is now unlocked and can receive your beautiful eggy biggrin.gif

the split egg is gone and on my winners scroll! she hasnt replyed, but i guess thats okay since she got the split :3 and it hatched too! Never mind! i got the reply :3 Edited by kiyye

Starry has been sent her teleport link and the other two winners have been PM'd. smile.gif

Glad to see you're okay, Stealthy! I shall peruse that lengthy lovely after I've had some coffee (spent the day at a mini-circus-of-sorts in the form of our Animal Fun Day!).

You're welcome, Starry!

White eggy successfully transfered to Snowytoshi! smile.gif