ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

Anri listened to Erin and nodded, whistling once high-pitched. Shadow galloped over, Leion and Stark hanging on for dear life. With careful movements and gentle holds, Anri lifted Jazz off the ground and cradled her gently to his chet as he might a small child. He turned and trotted off into the trees, Shadow on his heels the whole time. He heard yelling, water rushing, animals roaring. There was a faint trail, well scuffed trail, that he figured was a hunting trail. He followed it.

Atlanta sprinted out of the city centre, the animals at her heels. The dragons spread fire around the village. It looked like fire and water were working together for once, as they both enable each other to create destruction into a world of evil. She saw Shadow carry the three people (and one dog) into the forest of metal trees. Luckily as the fire and water settled, there was silence, as the unconscious and dead bodies lay in the war zone. Many had scattered to their houses, ready to regroup again. Once they were out of the town, Atlanta began to walk. Shadow's black, flowing tail in view.

Jazz rested her head on his shoulder again when he lifted her and held her gently to his chest. "If you keep following the trail there should be a building that doesn't look too run down," she said by way of giving him directions. Not for the first time she thought herself to be weak in the state that she was in right now. She sighed and watched as they passed some of the weird looking metal trees. She hadn't noticed the trees before now but she figured that she was too absorbed in wanting to get to where the others were to really look at the trees carefully.

((k chocolate ^^))

((Only Leion and Stark are on Shadow, chocolate, Anri is walking with Jazz in his arms. lol biggrin.gif ))

Anri took a breath and looked gently at Jazz, a small smile on his face. "Alright, to the shack we go." He said, walking at a steady-fast pace. Shadow snorted behind him.

She going to be okay?

I don't know yet, but I think so.

Thinking and reality are entirly different things, Anri...

I know, Shadow... believe me, I know.

Edited by Songbreeze2012

"Okay," Jazz replied with a replying smile as she looked back up at him. "It's the building that I took refuge in before I found you guys here." She heard Shadow snort and smiled at him over Anri's shoulder before placing her head back on it. After awhile, the shack came into view and she said as she pointed to it, "There it is. It doesn't look too homey but it worked for my not-so-great hiding place."

((Sparkey, Laura, and I are in Nightworld.))

The rumble of the tunneltrain grew in the enclosed space, louder until the train screeched to a halt. Kay climbed in when the doors opened, and settled herself into a torn vinyl seat by the door.

The ride was not as long as she expected, and she nearly missed her stop. Kay leapt from her seat just as the doors were beginning to close, and scrambled off the train into the station near the suburbs. This one didn't smell quite so bad, and she was able to escape it without retching.

The rain had slackened, so instead of covering her head she let the rain fall on her. Ah, how she'd missed the rain.

Kay ran down the hallways of the dwelling-complex, toward the lift that would take her to her level. The white walls seemed to glow dimly, because of the small electric lights set into niches. Silver doors were set into the wall every ten feet or so.

As she reached her dwelling, a snatch of conversation got her attention.

"The Council promised to help us."

"I'm a bit worried."

"We just locked our own people in with the Weavers to protect Nightworld. The least they can do is help us find the Keyholders."

Kay put her ear to the door and listened.

((BAHA.))

Edited by klinneah

Two girls were standing in the back of the train, whispering closely, as if they were afraid to be overheard. The elder had wings.

Wings.

((Are those people meant to be Ruu and Beatrice? If so, since when were they in a train?? xd.png ))

((Yes and whoopsie... xd.png I'll go back and edit in a sec. BTW, where are you?))

Anri smiled slightly and said, "Well, it's going to have to be a better one now that I'm here." He said, smiling at her gently. He walked to the shack and pushed the half-open door open with his foot. He walked in a looked around, Leion dismounting Shadow after letting Stark jump down.

"Perimiter." Leion said, looking at Stark. The german shepherd barked softly and padded into the forest. There was always a ten foot perimiter from any one place, he was trained.

"There a chair or something upstairs?" Anri said, looking at Jazz.

Jazz smiled back at him and kissed him on the cheek. In reply to his question she said, "I think so but I didn't really get a good look of any other furniture in here while I was here. I just went up and down the stairs and sat against a wall." She shrugged a bit and added, "We could look now if you want. I know for a fact that the rest of my food is upstairs and so is my water."

((Previous post edited. My premise is that Kay was gone for so long that Amaya assumed Kay's dwelling had been abandoned, and moved in. If that's not okay then we'll assume that it's a different dwelliing that Ruu, Bea, and Amaya are talking in.))

((Yes and whoopsie... xd.png I'll go back and edit in a sec. BTW, where are you?))

((They're all in Amaya's house... O.o))

"Leion?" Anri said, looking over his shoulder.

"No worries, kid, I'll keep an eye out." Leion said, waving him away and leaning against the doorframe.

"Thanks." Anri looked at Jazz and smiled, saying, "Upstairs it is then." Carefully he carried her up the stairs and into one of the rooms. A bed, dust covered, sat against one wall. Gently, Anri sat Jazz on the bed and looked at her shoulder thoroughly for the first time. He reached into his pouch and produced two leaves. He held one out to her, "Chew this, love; it'll dull the pain."

Jazz looked around the room after she was set down on a dusty old bed. "Okay," she said as she took the offered leaf from Anri and then put it in her mouth, chewing it. She made a face as she didn't like the taste of it but it did the job of making the pain bearable like he had said. "Don't your arms get tired when you carry me around?" she asked him curiously. She thought that she had a feeling of what he was going to say next but she didn't like to assume things.

"No, not really. I can lift a lot (two words, not one) of things and not get tired." He smiled at her and squeezed the juice of the second leaf onto the wound on her should then the one on her back. "You're light as a feather."

"Oh okay," Jazz said in reply to his first statement and then to his second she said, "Huh I didn't know that I was light. Maybe it has something to do with me having air powers." She shrugged and then winced as he put the stuff on her shoulder and back. It stung a little bit but not too badly. "How long have I been here?" she asked him curiously and tried not to wince as her back felt a bit stiff.

Atlanta began to trot towards the large, two story shack. Daen leaned towards Atlanta, signaling to pull up at the door. Atlanta huffed, "I can talk you know." Daen nodded, his face going red. "But.. I-I'm just trying to be quiet, for Myf." He lied, although there was some truth in that. They pulled up at the door, where Leion was standing against it. Stark was patrolling the area around it. Daen jumped off, then sliding Myf of and over his shoulder. He nodded to Leion. "Leion," he said gruffly. He motioned to Myf. "Mercury poisoning. Highly lethal if not treated quickly." She nodded her head slowly as to agree, and then flopped behind his back. He cradled her in his arms, rocking her now shaking body. "Get the packs." She whispered, "There will be a medicine in there called chelation. Inject it into my arm." She began shaking again, as Daen frantically searched through the pack. He found some other painkilling medicines, and placed them next to his side. He couldn't find it.

Daen tossed his head to Leion. "Please help me. I can't find the medicine. She will die any minute."

"Stark! Find." Leion called to his dog, pointing to his bag. Stark lopped up, sticking his muzzle in the pack. For a moment, he seemed confused, but then found a very strange scent that he guessed was what he was looking for. He gently took it into this muzzle and brought out the syrige full of the medecine. Leion took it, glancing at the name, and patted Stark, "Good dog. Now, stay."

Leion knelt next to Daen and Myf, taking the girl's arm gently. He injected the medicine with a practiced ease; it wasn't his first time administering medication, be it morphine or pain-killers.

Anri looked at her and said, "In all honesty? I have no earthly idea. Days and night's run together when you cross worlds. I lost track." He said the words apoligetically, shrugging lightly.

Jazz heard the apology in his words and said in reply, "It's okay. I was just curious is all." Then she turned slightly so as not to hurt her shoulder and back more and kissed him before pulling away and saying softly, "In my opinion it has been too long." She then kissed him again, remembering what she said that she would do as a thank you for him putting his remedy on her back injury. She then wondered if he remembered it as she continued to kiss him.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Anri remembered the promise and kissed her back softly, a small smile on his lips. "I agree, much to long." He said, caressing her cheek softly.

"Mhm," Jazz said in reply, "especially when it's away from you." She put one of her hands on his cheek as he caressed her cheek softly. "Here's my thank you for you putting your special remedy on my back injury," she said before kissing him again but much longer than the one earlier.

((I think we're waiting for Lilithachaos to post))

Edited by Sparkeycat

Myf shook as the medicine was injected into her body. Daen bandaged her arm, which was slowly dripping blood and Mercury. "Thank you." He said softly to Stark and Leion, "You saved her life." He looked into her now sleeping, peaceful face, and began to put the medicine kit away. "The medicine should work now, tiny Mercury encapsulating enzymes are in her blood stream, and then break down all of the Mercury in her body." Her lifted her into his arms, and asked Leion. "Is there anywhere I can put her. A bed?"