ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

"Stark?" Leion said, looking at the dog. The German Shepard seemed to roll his eyes but barked and vanished into the abandoned home. He went to a door and nosed it open, looking in. He turned his gaze to Leion and barked twice. "He found a bed." Leion said, looking back at Daen. "And no need to thank me, it's kinda in my job discription. Or was before all this. I still live by my own code and helping those that need it falls under it."

Stark padded out and sat next to Shadow, rolling his eyes again. Just because I'm a dog doesn't mean I do everything, does it? He asked the stallion, looking up at him.

I think he had you do that so he didn't have to leave Daen and Myf without protection. You can't take on twelve metal weavers on your own and neither can I. Leion can, with those guns of his. Shadow replied, looking down at the dog with laughter in his eyes.

Doesn't mean I have to like it. Stark grumbled, dropping his gaze.

No, if doesn't mean that. Shadow agreed, looking back at the abandoned building.

Anri kissed her back, his hand still resting against her cheek. This was the first time he'd let anyone in like this. He'd never loved anyone in all his years. Jazz was the first and the sensation, the feelings, were all new to Anri.

Daen nodded, and went into the room where the bed was, gently placing Myf onto the old, scruffy bed. He patted Stark's head on his way out. "Thanks Champ." He added. Myf turned onto her side and groaned, her wound didn't look too good. Daen left her and wandered to where Leion was standing. "So what did you work as? At the prison?"

Jazz pulled back after awhile and rested her forehead against his as she looked into his eyes and said, "I love you Anri and I promise to not do something stupid like that again. I can't bear being away from you." She shifted a bit so that the rest of her body was facing the same way as her head so that she wouldn't be uncomfortable. She had literally been worlds away from him and she hadn't liked the feeling. She made a mental note to keep an eye out for suspicious people that might be allied with the Metal Weavers.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Leion looked at Daen with a wry half-smile. "Just a bit of this and that. Interrigator, guard. Just whatever my higher-ups needed at the time. Most of the time I was an enforcer." He looked back at the trees and said, "I had to inject morphine in a lot of crazies or pain-killers into those that needed it. I was in the military, before I got injured in combat saving a friend's life. Got the purple heart, but lost my right leg." He patted his leg, a plastic hollow sound coming from it. "It's a new prostetic they wanted to try. Works like a charm and no one knows the difference."

Stark barked quietly as Daen patted him then laid down by Myf's door, a silent sentile. That had been what he'd been raised for; protect those to weak to protect themselves.

Anri looked lightly at Jazz, a small smirk on his face, "I don't think I can let you even get close to making a stupid mistake. I love you too much to risk it." He said softly. He wouldn't be controling of her, but he'd be careful to keep his eyes on her, till the war was at an end at least.

"I won't expect anything less," Jazz said in reply just as softly. She then yawned and said as her eyelids drooped, "I'm exhausted." She then laid her head on his shoulder and instantly fell asleep. She was prepared to sleep for a week and that's probably what she would do.

Anri smiled and adjusted himself to lean against the wall, holding Jazz to him. How long ago had it been that they'd been together in the cell at the prison? To long it seemed. All the same, they were happy and safe, for the moment.

"I'm going to sleep for a week if that's okay with you love," Jazz said in her sleep to Anri. She then dreamed happy dreams of her and Anri living together in the Air World. She hoped that he would live with her there since she had a feeling that she wouldn't be able to go to the Modern World as often. She smiled a bit as she thought of him living with her in her world and continued to sleep peacefully. Her arms moved to be around his neck as she slept.

Daen cocked his head. "The purple heart?" He asked, quizzically. He heard Leion patting his leg, and almost jumped back in surprise of the hollow sound. "But how did they do it?" He thought about his days in the Water World.

"Back in the Water world, we would just heal the wounded with water, and sometimes give them fake water arms and legs, but nothing else. I remember when I was attacked by some roaming Metal Weavers, and I got the scar on my arm." He pulled up the sleeve on his shirt. "We just healed it with water."

Daen looked to the stormy, metal coloured sky. "Water. It's such an important source. Isn't it?"

((Daen is such a weirdo!!))

Myf opened her eyes slowly, as she looked groggily around the dully lit room. A small shaft of light fell in through the grimy window, onto the metal floor. She tried to stand up, shakily stumbled, but then held herself up on the table. She walked to the door, opened it, and then sat down, tired from her little walk. She finally saw Stark, who was guarding the doorway, and began to pet him. "Thanks very much, boy." She whispered, her head feeling a little dizzy.

Anri laughed quietly and wrapped his arms around her as her's went around his neck. "Sleep as long as you want, love." He murrmered, stroking her hair softly as she slept.

Leion looked at the scar on Daen and shook his head. "Human's don't have magic- or powers- like that. We're lucky enough to have the necessary... machinery, man-made objects that run on fuel or energy, to make a prostetic leg or arm or whatever." He sat on the metal porch and reached into his pocket. "I suppose water is important, as it's been in every world we've gone through." He smiled slightly, looking at the purple heart in his hand. "This is the purple heart, lad. It means that I risked life and limb to save a comrad in the heat of battle. It's one of the highest honor's a soldier can get in the Modern World."

Stark barked softly and licked Myf's hand. He enjoyed the strokes Myf gave him, panting lightly as he lifted his head. He seemed to smile. Good human, yes Shadow?

Most the human's we're traveling with are good, Stark. Shadow replied with a soft whinny of amusment from his place by the trees.

"Mkay," Jazz replied groggily and continued to sleep in Anri's arms. Erin had watched them go from where she was still at the battlefield. Now she flew to where the others were and laid next to the spot where Shadow was. Hey Shadow, she said to him, how's Jazz doing? I don't want to ask her if she's asleep. Edited by Dragonpelt

She's tired, and weak, but on the mend. Anri's herbs and oniments do wonders for any creature. I know. Shadow replied, shaking his mane lightly. He looked up at the window and snorted lightly, She's asleep now.

Erin sighed in relief and said in reply, Good I'm glad to hear that she's going to be better soon. I don't like it when she's injured but she likes to take care of herself. She can be so stubborn at times. She then nodded in reply to what he said about her sleeping and didn't say anything.

Daen nodded at the heart, but he was still confused about it being a 'trophy'. "These man made objects", he asked. "Do they have special powers. I heard," he looked suspiciously around, "That these things could stop the Metal Weavers, but can bring down every other world too. Would this be true Leion?" He looked to Myf's room, where he saw her quietly patting Stark, who seemed to be relishing in the attention. He smiled... she was slowly getting better.

------------------------

Myf continued to pet Stark, feeling the soft fur in her hands. She liked observing Modern world animals too, watching how they interacted with each other, and the kind of calm aura they showed in other worlds. Stark's fur feel unlike other creatures fur, even though it was no different to another dogs' fur. It was probably different because Myf had only felt scales and wet fur for most of her life, and dry, soft fur was a new oddity to her. She nodded to Erin as she appeared to ask how Jazz was, and nodded acknowledgedly to Shadow, whose great, dark head towered over her. She felt safe, even in the presence of animals.

------------

Atlanta walked from room to room, checking out this place Jazz had stayed in. She eventually found her way to just outside of Myf's resting quarters, where Myf, Shadow, Stark and Erin were all. She nodded to Shadow, "What's going on?"

Erin nodded in acknowledgment to Myf when she came over to where she and Shadow were. She also nodded in acknowledgment to Atlanta before looking up at the window where Jazz and Anri were. She wanted to say something to Jazz in her mind but she also didn't want to wake her up. Jazz shifted a little in her sleep to get a bit more comfortable since she was getting a bit stiff in her current position. The smile that she had on her face before turned into a frown and her face paled a bit when her otherwise peaceful dream turned into a nightmare. She buried her face in Anri's shoulder, as if she didn't like what she saw in it.

((I'm at an impasse right now. Can't post until Sparky or Laura posts, and they're waiting for Lilithchaos.))

((k and I'm waiting for chocolate and song))

Leion put the heart away and looked at Daen. "Most likely, yes." He pulled his handgun from it's holster and said, "This is one of those man made objects that kills people. Bow and arrows kill, but your less likely to hit your target or kill your target, unless your just overly good. With this you just pull, aim, and fire." Leion pointed the gun at a tree and mimicked shooting it. "Anri has another, but he doesn't use it much. They can kill the Metal Weavers, but they can kill anyone else as well. And, this isn't the worst we have." He holstered the gun again. "We have things that could kill an entire world in less than five minutes."

"Nothing is going on, for the moment." Shadow said, nodding to Atlanta.

Anri wrapped his arms around Jazz gently, rubbing her back soflty. He wasn't sure whether to wake her or let her sleep.

Stark barked softly and seemed to smile.

Edited by Songbreeze2012

Jazz calmed a bit as she felt Anri's hands rub her back softly. She opened her eyes anyway, knowing that she probably wouldn't be able to get back to sleep in the Metal World. "I don't think I'll be able to sleep peacefully in this world," she said to him. "Maybe when we're back in your world or mine I'll be able to sleep a bit better." She then lifted her head so that her eyes were looking into his and she said, "Come live with me in the Air World now that my parents are gone since I'll be living alone except for Erin."

Anri met her eyes softly, stroking her hair back from her face, wasting time. He'd thought about it. The modern world may have been where he was born, but it wasn't his home. He nodded; "I'll come home."

Jazz thought for the longest time that Anri wasn't going to say anything since all that he was doing was stroking her hair back from her face. She then grew a bit nervous and scared that she had asked him something that he didn't want to do but then those feelings faded when she heard what he said. She perked up instantly and was happy that he called her home his home as well. "You and Shadow will really like it there," she said after awhile as her eyes sparkled. "I even have apples and sugar cubes for him."

Edited by Dragonpelt

Leion put the heart away and looked at Daen. "Most likely, yes." He pulled his handgun from it's holster and said, "This is one of those man made objects that kills people. Bow and arrows kill, but your less likely to hit your target or kill your target, unless your just overly good. With this you just pull, aim, and fire." Leion pointed the gun at a tree and mimicked shooting it. "Anri has another, but he doesn't use it much. They can kill the Metal Weavers, but they can kill anyone else as well. And, this isn't the worst we have." He holstered the gun again. "We have things that could kill an entire world in less than five minutes."

---------------

Stark barked softly and seemed to smile.

((Sorry I haven't been around, been busy))

"A gun?" Daen asked. "I have heard about them." He smiled oddly, before picking up Myf's bow and arrows. He pulled them strongly to his right side, and shot at the tree, splitting one of the strange, metal fruits in half, letting it fall to the ground. He grinned again to Leion. "We have our powers too Leion," he said, through grinning teeth, putting the bow to the ground. "Just because we don't have machinery, we make up for it with our own defense." He slapped Leion on the back in a friendly way, and lent against the door. "So," he continued, "Anri has one of these 'guns'?"

-------------

Atlanta nodded back to Shadow, as she watched Myf gently pet Stark, as they sat together on the floor. She looked stronger now, which was good. Atlanta turned back to Shadow and asked, "Where do you think you'll go after this we go? After we finally settle the war. Do you need to stay anywhere? I'm sure Myf and Daen will happily let you stay in the Water world if you'd like."

Erin heard Atlanta's question but didn't want to say that Anri was planning on going back home with Jazz and herself. She would let Shadow tell her if he had heard the conversation between Jazz and Anri as well. Instead, she just looked up at the passing clouds. She couldn't wait to get out of this world. It held so much evil that she was a bit uncomfortable.