ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

Ruu blinked as the girl explained that they would have to leave Snowpearl outside.

"Th-Then I'll stay with her when she comes from the outside, then," she said, "If I don't, she might see something shiny.." The wingless girl rubbed her arms, trying to revise the plan in her head. She nodded, finally.

"Let's get going, then."

"You'll stay with her when she comes from the outside?" Beatrice asked confused. "Do you mean you'll stay with Snowpearl until she can rejoin us? Not possible. You are the keyholder. And I can't miss this either because I have the wings that convinced them the first time. And Kay is the only one who knows how to deal with them."

Beatrice sighed. "No. I think we'll just have to find a shiney place where she'll stay happily until one of us can come and fetch her. Do you have any suggestions, Kay?"

"The city itself is shiny enough to keep Snowpearl occupied for quite some time," Kay replied. She began describing the city, starting with the basic structure. "The city is like a large tree or cone, with a central elevator shaft large enough for Snowpearl. The 'branches' are arranged into floors, and each floor is smaller in diameter than the one below. The bottom floor has eight branches, each pointing in a direction of the compass. Each branch has globe-shaped rooms clustered all over it, mostly on the sides where they can be accessed. The globes on the lower floors are mostly housing, but as you go up they give way to corporate offices, banks, and the Council. The globes themselves get smaller as you go up. The largest ones are bigger than Amaya's house, and most of the houses in the suburbs." She paused a moment to catch her breath. "The Council is in the globe at the crown of the city, only accessible by taking the elevator to the top floor, then entering a small doorway leading to a short flight of stairs. At the end of the stairs is another door, so small you have to bend over to enter. The Councilors designed it this way so that you would have no choice but to show respect when you entered." Kay rubbed her arms nervously, and looked around at the women she'd come to respect. "The globe of the Councilroom is gold-colored glass, and unless they're not in session the lights are on. It's very pretty, from the outside, and there is a wide balcony running around the outside of the elevator shaft just below the room itself. Now, the globe-room where the door is is about halfway down the city structure, near the end of a north-facing branch. The room hasn't been maintained in years, so the glass is broken in many places. The balcony is still a good landing place, so Snowpearl can land on that and then squeeze into the room through one of the broken areas."

((Big wall of text is big. O_o))

Edited by klinneah

((First things first since I am back...finally. I am so sorry that I was away for THIS long when I was just hoping it would be until spring semester ended with college. Seems like I was wrong because things kept adding up and I never could get on to relax. There really is no good excuses to me, but thought I would state why I was just gone for this long. I am still in college and my time on the net is still not all that much since I have two online classes and three classroom ones (two being lab and one of those labs being partly online also does not help). Wanted to know if the RP is still alive and to again say I am sorry that I just up and left like this for so long.))

((I'm pretty sure this RP is still alive. I'm not sure how we're going to explain IC what happened, but we'll think of something. The last three or four pages should have everything you need to know.))

((I wonder where Sparkey is))

"Maybe so, but that would mean we have to search all over the city for her." Beatrice said. She thought over what Kay had told them.

"Could we fly Snowpearl to the Council chamber? If it's as pretty as that she'll likely stay there and keep peeking in from the outside.

((What Klinneah said. And sorry for writing such a short response. I am pretty wrung out right now.))

((*Crawls out from corner*

D8

I really don't know what to make Ruu do. I can't even remember what they're about to be doing! xd.png))

Ruu ducked her head sheepishly as she was reminded that she needed to be with them when they found the door. Oh yeah. She listened quietly as Kay described the city, nodding every now and then. She felt lost for words, and so she meekly swung her legs, allowing herself to become mildly distracted by her surroundings. Nightworld really was a dark place, in comparison to Cloudworld. She felt a sudden anxiety to get everyone moving, so they could hurry up and save the people who were trapped there.

((I hope I described everything well enough ^^wink.gif)

"Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking. Snowpearl would be perfectly happy just sitting on the balcony outside the Council chamber. Wouldn't you?" she asked the dragon, petting her neck. She smiled as she turned her thoughts back to the task at hand. "She might even give the Councilors a scare. That would be fun." The thought brought a devilish grin to her face.

"As long as it doesn't make them reconsider their promise to help I don't care how they react to Snowpearl."

Beatrice looked up toward the council building. It would have been neat if there was an entrance from the air into the room, but of course there wasn't.

"You two go ahead." She said.

"I'll bring Snowpearl to the chamber so she can look into it from outside and then fly back and follow you as quickly as I can."

((Hey everyone, I'm trying to find ma' RP-ing buddies. You know, DP and Song? It's been a looooong time, but I'm ready to RP again))

((I'm here chocolate ^^; song's back at school though and she said that it would be awhile until she was back on because of, well, school))

((~whee~))

"Ruu," Kay said, "I want you to come with me." She pointed northward, where the lights of the city were just visible on the horizon. "Since Snowpearl is coming later, we'll have to take the train. The station isn't too far."

((ASDDFHGJ))

Ruu nodded, quietly agreeing with Beatrice. That plan sounded a lot better formulated than her own, at least. Blinking, she followed Kay's pointing finger, trying not to get distracted by the stars - Cloudworld was usually cloudy, stars were uncommon - and then mumbled, "O-okay."

A sudden thought bashed it's way into her head,

"Does it cost a lot to get on the train..?" She subtly checked her pockets, frowning. She had a few coins from Cloudworld, but since Nightworld was told that her home didn't even exist, she doubted they would be accepted. She didn't know how much a train costed - She hadn't often visited the Ground, back at home, and that was the only place that trains existed in. Up in the sky, they had air-buses and well, wings to travel. She doubted that her bus-card would get her very far here.

Kay understood Ruu's confusion - she hadn't understood the train herself when first she saw it - and quickly explained.

"No, the train is run by the city, and so everyone who lives in the area pays taxes to keep the train running. For visitors like yourself, it really is free. Let's go, I know the way." She gestured for Ruu to follow.

"Good to know." Beatrice said. She hadn't even thought about train costs. Never before in her life had she have to worry about money. Ruu had a quick mind.

Shaking her head and hoping there weren't other possible obstacles she wasn't aware of she spread her wings and took flight, tapping Snowpearl lightly on the nose to indicate she should follow.

Snowpearl looked to Ruu with begging eyes but when since her rider was standing with her back to the dragon she decided she'd have to follow Beatrices command.

Unfurling white, feathered wings the dragon glided into the air.

Ruu nodded, relieved that she wouldn't have to try and gain money for a train journey through... Bad methods. Hearing the rustle of feathers, the girl managed to look back just in time to see Beatrice and Snowpearl take to the air. Before she had a chance to wave or wish the two a safe journey, they'd left.

Nervously, Ruu played with her hands and started to follow Kay. She didn't want to be left behind - if anything were to happen to Beatrice and Snowpearl, there would be no guarantee that Kay, or Nightworld's government would want to help her. Without planning to, she'd started to make mental plans for what to do if she were to be abandoned or lost.

Avoid the council. Keep her key at all costs. Find a way back to Cloudworld's door. Go home and... Fall many miles through clouds until she hit the Ground.

She was very quiet then, and when she allowed herself to focus on what she was doing, she'd almost forgotten that everyone was still safe. She glanced at Kay, trying to break the silence. Her mind raced for a conversation topic,

"Have you gone through doors before?" She started, "I mean, the special ones. Of course you've been through regular doors, I mean, who hasn't?" She shut herself up before she made herself look like a total fool.

Edited by Sparkeycat

As they were walking, Kay tried to keep match her pace to Ruu's. She knew the young girl was scared of the big new World she'd found herself in, and Kay would never forgive herself if she let Ruu get lost. She felt like an older sister to the newcomer, and was determined to help her.

"Yes, I've been through Doors before," she said in amiable response to Ruu's nervous question. "The Door we're trying to find here leads to the Water World. After that, it's Earth. That's as far as I've been." The silence afterwards felt uncomfortable, so Kay searched for words to fill it with.

"What's it like, Cloudworld?" she asked finally. "I've never been there, but I've heard it's beautiful. And everyone there has wings?"

Edited by klinneah

Ruu tried not to look fearful as she was told that the next door would lead to Water World. The majority of Cloudworld's inhabitants couldn't swim, there was no need to. There were no lakes, they drew their water from dark clouds. She blinked as Kay asked her about her home world, and then pondered before answering:

"Yes, everyone has wings.." She started, "That's because we all live in the clouds. Well, there's the Ground too, but it's tiny and only the richest people can stay there... We catch our birds with nets and keep birds of prey for pets, some of us." She remembered Hitori, and again wondered where the little bird had gone. Speaking about Cloudworld, which was probably under attack at this very moment almost made Ruu feel homesick, and she swallowed, "How far away is this place again?"

((I'm stuck with Jazz and Zoe; well Zoe i can probably post with but i don't know what to post with her and I'm just stuck with Jazz until chocolate and song come back...anyone want to make a fire world char so that Zoe can interact with him/her?))

((Sorry darling, I've been really busy at the moment, feel free to do some RP'ing with Myf if you'd like))

((it's fine and no that's okay; i can be patient until you come back happy.gif))

((*pokes*))

"Birds of prey, hm? Are they tame?" she asked. Kay was truly interested in the nuances of the other Worlds - being a Keykeeper, she supposed that wasn't a bad trait to have. "It's not much farther, but you're not going to be able to see it until we're closer. At least, not the actual entrance. I can see the sign from here. See?" She pointed at the small yellow circle atop a pole, which marked the entrance to the tunnel train.

"It's small, dark, and very cramped, so try not to get separated from me. I know my way around and I don't want you getting off at the wrong stop or not getting off in time. I'd hate to lose you. It's really not the best place to get lost."