ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

Beatrice had choosen a room of silver and light blue. If there were a touch of white or grey in it it would have reminded her of home.

She told their gracious host that she didn't need to darken the light, because she could do that herself.

After washing and changing clothes, Beatrice summoned a slight mist around the light that was glowing in her room so it reminded her of the ever-twilight down under the cloud cover. She would actually have slept well with the light glowing undiminshed, but she had found that her sleep was deeper in the twilight.

A few hours later she woke refreshed and full of energy. She quickly dressed herself but hadn't closed the last button yet when she heard a loud thumb from Ruu's room.

Beatrice opened the door to hurry to her, but the corridor was pitch black.

((Poor Ruu, hope Amaya does not scare you or anything. She a caution person by nature cause of her parents and then people thinking her as an outcast. Sure that would insure people bullying her when they can...namely when she left her weapons at home.))

Amaya had woken up a while back and was sitting in the kitchen with a small cup of some kind of cherry drink and the lights were dimmed even though she knew the lights down here would not effect her guests. Her thoughts were something that was haunting her right now and the main focus seems to be on her own parents. 'Should I tell them I am leaving? Not like the would care, but I don't feel right to just up and leave...well it is not like we are leaving right this moment. I will have to decide soon and I will keep them away from Ruu and Beatrice. Hate to think what they would say or do to them.', Amaya thought to herself with a frown. As a wondering thought she would feel for Raven's mind through their link to see if he was awake, but it seemed that he was still slumbering and so she guessed Snowpearl was also asleep. Amaya had thought about talking to Snowpearl if she was up now, but then again she did not want to offend anyone and would wait for the others.

So lost in her thoughts Amaya would jump in fright when a loud banging sound came from the hallway up the stairs. Her first thought was that her parents had somehow got within the house or someone else to do some kind of harm to her new friends, but then she threw that thought away as no one could enter her home if they had the intent to hurt anyone within its walls. Yet there was no reason not to make sure and so she would grab a small dagger that rested near her front door before she made her way up the stairs. Once up she would slowly turn on the lights while holding the dagger loosely in case she had to throw it.

There was a patter of footsteps and then the lights turned on, causing Ruu to blink rapidly in the new brightness. She rubbed her nose, glanced up at Amaya and yelped as she noticed the dagger she held in her hand.

"Amaya? Eek! I'm-sorry-did-I-break-anything?" She gabbled quickly in fear that she was about to be punished for possibly causing damage to Amaya's home. The wingless girl hurriedly scooted away from the knife wielding woman in shock, cautiously waiting to see what she would do with such a weapon.

Upon seeing that it was only Ruu and that Beatrice was in her own door way she would let off a soft sigh as she relaxed the defensive stance she had not known she took up. Yet at Ruu's words she would blush and shake her head quickly and placed the dagger on the floor to then rise both hands in the air slightly. "I am so sorry, but I thought someone maybe got past my spell and I did not want anyone to come in and hurt you two. I am so, so sorry that I scared you Ruu and it does not matter to me if anything is broken. A small sleep can always help fix about anything and there is nothing in this house that I really care for all that much.", Amaya rambled a little as she had seen the fright in the girl's eyes. She felt extremely bad for this, but she guessed she could understand just why Ruu would be frightened of someone holding any kind of weapon. Biting her lip she would look to Beatrice as if to look for her help with calming Ruu down, but then again she just might be angry at her for scaring her.

Looking back to Ruu she would lower herself to her knees so that she would be smaller than Ruu to hopefully calm her down some as she was slightly taller than Ruu herself. (I think she is anyways?) "Really Ruu I did not mean to scare you and I am sorry that I doubted in my own spells within my home. I should have known better than to carry the dagger up here like I did, but I am not angry or anything and if anything I was a little frightened thinking someone may have gotten inside.", she would say softly and then waited for Beatrice and Ruu's reactions.

Zoe was still walking in the woods when she saw strangers come into her world and then pass right through. She was amazed as she didn't think that there were other worlds besides her own. Huh I wonder how one gets to those worlds, she thought to herself, maybe with some kind of key. She then shrugged and continued to explore. As she walked, she wondered why those people had come into the fire world and then gone out again.

Ruu felt bad; Amaya looked very apologetic, and she nodded.

"It's fine. I'd probably have done the same thing." She laughed politely, then stood up, keeping her back to the wall. Her shoulder knocked into a picture frame and she hastily turned to adjust it. She glanced up at Beatrice,

"Di-Did I wake you? Sorry if I did," She mumbled shamefully, feeling bad for having caused a scene. "What time is it, anyway?"

((Gawd what is it with me and short posts lately D:))

Beatrice was a little shocked to see Amaya with the knife herself. That was likely the reason she did not react instantly.

But when she saw Amaya's unhappy expression and Ruu acting more and more awarkward she pushed the feeling of.

"No Ruu, I was already awake. Don't you worry." Beatrice negligently closed the last buttons on her dress.

"Why don't we all go downstairs and Lady Amaya shows us how to prepare a proper breakfirst" She said and stepped between Amaya and Ruu. She nodded toward the stairs indicating that Amaya should lead the way. She did not want any eyes on Ruu right now. She suspected the girl needed a moment to calm down and that would not happen while the two of them were watching her.

"Of course.", Amaya would stutter to say as she turned to pick the dagger up from the ground so that she could put it back up at the front door. Keeping her head down in embarrassment and shame as she walked down the stairs to head first to the front door to place the dagger back on the shelf that held them and then to the kitchen. Finally she would lift her head up so that she could ask if there was anything they wanted that they could describe the flavors of. The Night World might not have the food itself, but she was sure they had the flavors at-lest and if not then she would just try to put something basic together.

((My turn for the short post? Was not sure what to put at all and sorry for the delay. Been busy))

Standing near Beatrice, Ruu followed the two older women downstairs. As Amaya asked what they liked to eat, Ruu decided to be bold and answer first, determined to make sure there was no awkwardness. However, she ended up mumbling:

"Um. Bread? I don't usually have a big breakfast..." and staring at her feet. Of course, she ended up admiring the kitchen tiles. The house really was a work of art.

((Sorry DP, life's been very hectic and I was worried I had lost this RP! But I will post tomorrow.. I absolutely promise!))

((it's okay chocolate but I'm not going to be on tomorrow; I'll be back on Tuesday though to reply))

((I'M HERE!!!! *throws massive party*

However, I just have to go... damnit... I'll post in the 'morrow))

Edited by ChocolateGal137

Beatrice honestly did not know why Amaya held her head down like a slapped puppy now. This of course limited her ability to do something against that. It did not help that she was still holding the knife. Beatrice couldn't keep her eyes wandering over and over to it. It made her nervous.

Beatrice breathed an unheard sigh of relief when Amaya put the knife away. Amaya herself straigthend now and asked if there was anything they wanted that they could describe the flavors of.

She almost would have missed Ruu's answer because it was mumbled. The shy girl was looking at the floor while she spoke. It actually surprised Beatrice that she had spoken up at all: "Um. Bread? I don't usually have a big breakfast..."

"Bread would be very good." Beatrice said with a warm smile, hoping to break the tension. It would be a simple breakfirst but she could deal with that. Now she could only hope that Amaya had something like bread. She did not want to make their host more unhappy then she already was.

Amaya would give a small smile before saying, "Well I know what bread is at lest and I guess it is something both our worlds share? I have some already made, but I am not sure if you will like it because I put some other things in it." While talking she went over to a cabinet and taking out a plate with a what looked like loaf of bread to place on the table. "I made it yesterday morning so it is still fresh.", she mumbled as she went to take out a bread knife and cups that she filled with something akin to milk for herself, but would wait until she knew what they wanted to drink before she would get them anything. "Umm....do you want water, this or some juice to try with it?", Amaya said with a small blush while trying to really forget about the whole dagger incident upstairs.

Raven awoke and stood from the stall he rested in near the entrance while stretching his wings out. Being quite about his movements just in-case the dragon was still asleep or any other creature that took haven in the barn. He did not feel like eating as soon as he woke so with a small shake to get the bits of hay off he would trot outside to get the very welcomed colder air that came with the 'mornings' in the night world. Really it was the only way people could tell it was time to sleep when the air became cold and when it warmed up it was time to awaken, but there were some who slept the time of warmth away and woke to the cold. 'Not that it would matter I suppose, what with it always being the same here. No light...only different temperatures.', Raven thought to himself with some humor as she glanced at the house and a passing wonder if everything was going alright in there, but he guessed it was seeing as his rider had not freaked out to him yet.

((Cause I am odd again...the bread is Zucchini Bread and thus why she would not be sure they would like it.))

Edited by Lilithachaos

((it's okay chocolate; post when you can))

((*Throws a kitten at self*))

Ruu nodded eagerly at the mention of juice,

"Yes please," she said, feeling glad that Amaya had bread. She wondered how wheat would grow in such a dark world, and put it down to sheer evolution that such a thing was possible. The wheat in Cloud World had to grow on the earthy part of the world, since the sky simply wouldn't be nutritious enough for the plants. She rubbed sleep out of her eyes and then asked Beatrice:

"So what are we doing today, again?"

((*Throws another kitten at self*))

((Gives Sparkey a hug))

"Juice please. Thank you." Beatrice said. They were soon busy eating breakfrist. Beatrice had never tasted bread like this before. It took several bites but finally her tastebuds decided they liked the flavor. Beatrice nodded to Amaya. "I don't know what you have put in this bread, but it tastes very good. Exotic of course but good."

When Sparky asked about their plans Beatrice straigtened. Organizing was what she did best and regularily since she was the only one in her powerful but relativly airheaded family able to perform such an down to earth task.

"Well, we should ask by visiting the Council and see if they already have information for us. Likely they'll need a bit more time and I thought we could use that by doing a bit research ourselves. Amaya does the word libary tell you anything? And if yes, could you take us to one?" She did not know if libary was a concept commonly shared between the worlds as language obviously was.

-----------------------

Snowpearl streched herself and gave a big yawn. She licked over her white scales until they gleamed then got herself some water.

A small motion outside drew her eyes. She went to investigate, hoping it was Raven who probably would know where she could find some fruits for breakfirst.

Amaya would pour them both a glass of juice and would sit it in front of them before she would sit herself and eat a little of the bread herself. She was not one to eat as soon as she awoke, but really she had been awake almost the whole time her friends had been and so she figured her stomach could handle a few bites of the bread. "I am very glad you both like if so much. It is somewhat hard to come by what I placed in the bread and even what you make the bread out of in this place. They have to grow it in these buildings that stay warm and bright from the use of something our ancestors had. No clue what they are really though.", she said as she finished the bread and her drink. She would stand and leave her plates on the table because really she could clean them with a small spell and then place the up where they belonged other than cleaning them by hand like she normally would do.

She listened closely to their plains for the day and when asked questions she would move from where she was leaning against the wall so she could once more take a seat. "Well...I have no clue what a library is, but if you want to learn about something then I would have to go to the place they keep the Archives of anything found on Night World. Though...it is locked down so that only the council can enter and the very few people they will allow in also.", Amaya would say hesitantly as she knew that her parents were just one of those 'very few people'. Biting her lip out of a nervous habit she would look down to the table in thought before she would just sigh and look back to them with a somewhat forced smile. "I can get you guys in there, but I can't say the people who I can probably convince will be the....nicest of people.", she said softy while trying to keep her mind of just what her parents might want in return for letting her friends go into the restricted area in their world.

Raven was not far from the entrance to the barn as he just stood basking in the warmer and much fresher air that came about at this time. His ears would flick back in the direction to the barn as he heard something coming out and from the sounds of the footfalls then it was the dragon. Moving just a little so that he could turn his head to face Snowpearl without getting a crick in his neck so he could say, "Why hello there Snowpearl, did you sleep well?"

((I...just...read...all...56 pages! Too much to slug through!

Gawd, I haven't posted here in forever! I'll post tomorrow, I promise!))

((Omai. I seem to have killed the thread. Here, let me bump it with an epic awakening-from-the-dead post:))

Kay lay on the ground, staring at the Key in her hand. Her Earthworld companions lay not far away, helmets tipped over their eyes to keep out the setting sun. Beetle Boots was snoring. She wished she had a helmet as well; her eyes had not adjusted well to the constant sun, even after several days, and she often found herself unable to see because her eyes had simply given up.

The bloodred of the sunset sparked a chain of pictures in Kay's mind: a red dragon, a gryphon, and several beings -- probably humans -- that had passed through the World a few days ago. They had appeared from nowhere, inspiring reactions as varied as shrieks, cries, and shouts; had not lingered but flown straight through the Door to the other Worlds. While the posse had been in the Earth world, Kay had felt a strange sense of longing, and had been restless ever since.

Kay had been in the Earth world for far too long; she'd seen evidence of several other Keykeepers passing through, but she'd never gathered the initiative to leave. However, now that the sun was setting, and the city seemed calmer than it had during her whole stay, she found herself achingly restless with an overwhelming desire to leave the Earth world. The Key on the chain around her neck, strange though the thought, seemed eager to be gone, and was very nearly pulling her toward the Tree of Old Times, through the door, and out into the Worlds beyond.

She did not hesitate, but followed the pull of the Key. Silently, she picked herself up off the ground and tiptoed to the edge of the encampment -- she hadn't left it much in the past few weeks, and she had the uncanny feeling that it was just as glad to see the back of her as she was to turn her back to it. The guard snored on as she passed him. 'He'll probably be glad I'm gone,' she sighed, then swallowed a lump in her throat.

As she approached the Tree, a breeze kicked up dirt from the camp, and little whirlpools of dust spun lazily into the town. The river by the Tree gurgled on its merry way as ripples ran away from the wind across its surface. Some of them looked like flecks of blood. 'Ew,' she thought.

Kay pulled the Door open. A salt breeze stirred the air, lifted her hair and her spirits, and compelled her to step over the threshold. She thought she heard the guard wake, but she pulled the Door to and locked it.

((I shall let her know right away happy.gif; oh and *huggles chocolate* biggrin.gif))

((*Goes to pet store* *Buys a crate of cats*))

Ruu lowered her head as her companions spoke, almost completely absorbed in the bread she was eating. She had started off by politely tearing off tiny chunks, but eventually gave in and held it close to her face, eating it like one would eat a sandwich. She noted that Amaya looked stressed as Beatrice spoke of visiting a library. Wiping her mouth with her sleeve, Ruu chipped in,

"They can't be any worse than the council were... They thought I was a liar," Ruu considered briefly her previous actions and decided that she could actually be called a liar. She didn't look at Beatrice and at the same time tried very hard not to think about the lies she told on Cloudworld. They hadn't been spiteful lies, just ones created to keep her away from her house. No-one got hurt, so it was okay, wasn't it?

No, it's not.

She pinched herself slyly from under the table as punishment for such thoughts. It wasn't okay because Beatrice had gotten upset with her. That horrible feeling one gets when they've upset a friend seemed to grasp Ruu by the throat and she had to drink her water to prevent herself from choking.

((*Empties crate on self* xd.png))

Edited by Sparkeycat

As Zoe walked, she couldn't stop thinking about the weird people that came into her world. She didn't think that it was possible before to go to other worlds let alone that there were other worlds. She then shrugged and continued to walk. She hoped that nothing would attack her.