ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

Kay sighed in exasperation. "If you insist on traveling to other Worlds, I will come with you, but don't expect this journey to be easy." She suddenly crossed her arms on the table and laid her head in the crook of her elbow.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled. "I don't mean to be so downhearted. I don't know."

"Thank you." Beatrice said solemly. She felt like she was right but since Kay was one of the keyholders she could have destroyed their hopes just by steadfastly refusing them.

"And don't worry that we take this too lightly. We know the obstacles will be great. On the other hand easy went out of the window the day the metal-weavers got involved anyway."

She looked around, Ruu having reminded her of Snowpearls absense. The dragon obviously didn't have the sense to seek them out on their own.

"Either she is still in the stable or we'll have to seek her again. In that case I am betting she is at the nearest shiny place that is to be found."

Glad a decision had been made with minimal shouting and hurt feelings, she changed the subject. "We should probably look for your dragon. She'll be magnanimously helpful once we get away from here. Where do you think she might be?" She all but leaped up from the table and began putting her boots back on.

Either nightworlders were stranger then she had thought or Kay hadn't been listening to her last words, Beatrice thought.

"Either she is still in the stable or we'll have to seek her again. In that case I am betting she is at the nearest shiny place that is to be found." she repeated in case it was the latter.

"I'll look in the stables first." she added. "Someone care to come with me?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

Ruu raised her hand in voluenteerance, then realised that it wasn't neccesary to raise her hand.

"I'll go," she said, slipping into her sandals and heading towards the door eagerly; strangely enough, she had missed Snowpearl. She took a shiny ball the Beatrice had previously given her out of her pocket and held it up to the light; it was awfully pretty. She opened the front door, then walked through it, headed to the stables. She paused.

Am.. Am I meant to knock?

Shaking her head in reply to herself, she opened the stable door and held out the shiny ball. Which didn't sparkle at all because there was no light.

The moment Kay looked up, she found herself alone. Frowning, she walked out the door, carefully closing it behind her, and sat on the porch. This friendship business was harder than she'd expected, even though she was trying very, very hard to be sociable and likable. Maybe the dirt under the porch would have answers.

Then again, maybe not.

Beatrice shook her head as Ruu ran past her toward the stables. To be that young again...

----

Someone opened the stable door. Curious, Snowpearl swallowed her last fruit and raised her head.

When she spyed Ruu the dragon gave a mighty roar and hurried over to the girl. She butted her head gently against her and presented her ear to be scratched.

She ignored the ball in Ruu's hands that failed to sparkle for lack of light.

Ruu stared into the darkness of the stables, wondering where Snowpearl was. And then suddenly, she found out. The girl yelped as the white dragon suddenly appeared, not having expected it at all. But when she noticed that it was in fact, Snowpearl, she obediently scratched her behind the ear.

"Hello, you." She greeted, "We've found another keyholder so I think we can move on now." She put the shiny ball back into her pocket so she could hug Snowpearl around the neck properly.

After a few moments of thought, Kay stood up and started walking. Not toward the city, but alongside it, toward the stables. If the Keyholder's white dragon was there, she'd need to be there. If the dragon was not there...she'd look somewhere else. There weren't very many shiny things around.

Snowpearl gave of that purr-like sound. If she was understanding was anyones guess, but she followed Ruu out of the stable.

Beatrice just shook her head and smiled when Ruu and Snowpearl came out of the stable.

She hoped Kay would be were they had left her still.

As it turned out she wasn't. She had been following them which was better.

"That is Snowpearl." Beatrice said, pointing to the white dragon. "Now we are complete."

Kay gave the dragon -- Snowpearl, she corrected herself, the dragon had a name after all -- a once-over before nodding approvingly. She had strong-looking wings.

"Let's get going, shall we?" Kay asked, reverting back to her cheery self. "I don't like to waste time." She walked straight up to Snowpearl and looked the dragon in the eye. "May I?"

As Kay spoke to Snowpearl, Ruu gave the dragon another stroke behind the ear,

"This is Kay. She's a keyholder like me." she introduced, gesturing to the girl who wanted to get onto the dragon. She glanced at Snowpearl's back, and then paused. Well, if she and Beatrice could fit on the dragon, then surely it would be fine. She smiled feebly, staying close to the dragon.

((Scales but the wings are covered by white feathers))

Snowpearl purred louder and licked Ruu. Beatrice stepped forward and turned the dragon's head in Kay's direction.

"Look at her!" She commanded. "Just like Ruu she has no wings. You are going to be a responsible dragon and take good care of her, won't you?"

Snowpearl looked from Ruu to Kay and back. The dragon seemed to be thinking hard. Eventually she walked over to Kay and rubbed her head against her.

"I think she has it." Beatrice said.

The moment Snowpearl's scaly head rubbed her, Kay knew she'd found a friend. She rubbed Snowpearl's head. "You're beautiful," she crooned, keeping her green eyes fixed on Snowpearl's blue. "You remind me of my Liadain," she added, almost absentmindedly. Kay turned toward the other two women standing beside her. "Are we ready to go?"

It was a little bit funny to see Snowpearl puzzle over the words Beatrice had said, but she felt glad when the dragon seemed to get the message. Kay's cooing over Snowpearl made the young girl feel lost for words, so she said none and simply nodded when the other wingless girl asked if they were ready to go.

"Snowpearl, I'm coming up now." she advised, putting on hand on the dragon's back and hoisting herself up. When she was comfortable, she gestured for Kay to join them.

Snowpearl definitely understood the admiration and stretched herself so her pearly shimmering white scales came to best advantage.

The dragon certainatly had decided she liked Kay, but that made her not forget her friendship to Ruu. When her Rider sat down on her back the dragon made that purring sound again. She beat her wings once as if to try them, but stayed on the ground, waiting for Kay.

Beatrice spread her own wings and glided into the air. "Who is Liadain?"

Kay had put a hand on Snowpearl's back and hoisted herself into the hollow between the dragon's shoulders and neck before she heard the winged woman's question.

"Liadain was my companion," she answered in a whisper. "He was my best friend and my protector." She choked up a moment, then took a deep, shuddering breath. "And then he was gone." Kay closed her eyes, letting the tears stream down her face, and clutched at Snowpearl's neck. The poor dragon looked confused, twisting her head around and trying to figure out why there was a sobbing wretch on her neck. Snowpearl licked the girl's head, wanting her to stop crying and feel better.

((Snowpearl is Laura's character, so it might be a bit moddy to make her do actions... :P))

Ruu blinked as Kay put herself in front of Ruu, then decided that it would be safer to let the younger girl stay where it was safest. As she started to cry, the girl wasn't sure of how to react - what if she tried to be of a comfort and was shouted at? Timidly, she patted Kay on the shoulder in the most comforting way she could manage. She used her other hand to keep herself balanced behind Snowpearl's wings.

Edited by Sparkeycat

((It's all okay. So far Klinneah seems to have Snowpearls character down pat. If you ever make her do something that's totally out of character I reserve the right to ask you to edit however.))

The winged woman sank lower until she was howering next to the two girls. Ruu was trying her best to comfort Kay and Beatrice had never been prouder of her then right this moment.

"He lives in your heart." she said softly. "You never loose someone completly unless you forget them."

((GRaaaaah! -stabs writer's block-))

As the tears subsided, Kay slowly righted herself on Snowpearl, patted the dragon on the neck, and wiped her eyes. Slowly, she looked at each of her new friends, and smiled tentatively.

"I'm sorry. I don't even know your names." She made the statement a question, almost, still unsure of what her place was among them.

((-stabs writer's block again-))

Ruu blinked, unsure of what to say.

"Ah, um. I'm Ruu. Ruu Tact." She mumbled, playing with her hands as she spoke. She pointed to Beatrice, trying to find some sort of an excuse to talk more,

"And that's Beatrice-of-Loys." Ruu still didn't particularly understand how Beatrice's last name worked, but she didn't mind. After staring at the other keyholder for a few moments, she finally asked: "Am I older than you? We look around the same age.. I'm fifteen."

Kay shook the last of her sobs from her body.

"Not by much, probably," she said in response to Ruu's question. "It was my birthday not too long ago. I'm fifteen now." She reached out and petted beautiful Snowpearl's neck. The dragon purred.

Beatrice smiled when Ruu introduced her. "My manners must be lacking. I should have introduced myself, right away" She said.

Beatrice spread her wings a bit farther to compensate a stray breeze of air. "Please don't call me Miss de Loys or Lady de Loys. We are all companions here so it would make me glad if it was just Beatrice."

((Does Kay know she has to lead the others? We don't know where the door to Waterworld is))

((Probably not. -points at above post- ))

"Well, then. Ruu, Beatrice, I think it's time we got going." She indicated the door of the stable. "We'll have to leave Snowpearl outside the city, because she won't fit in the corridors and elevators. If I remember correctly, however," she quickly added, noticing that Snowpearl drooped at the thought of being left behind, "there will be a way in to the Chamber from the outside. You'll be able to get in, sweetie," she cooed. "If we can't make the Council listen to us - which is highly likely - we'll just have to leave. I know where the door is, and Snowpearl can get in there."

((-stabs writer's block to death- I'll put something above this line when I'm done making out this lab report.

Basically {to explain my flawed and unexplained ideas of the city that caused so much confusion earlier} I envision the cities to be somewhat like an apartment building or a tree, with one central trunk that branches off into separate floors, and branches further into separate rooms. Like the pictures of the Gungan city I posted waaaay back in the thread. The Council Chamber is housed in one of the most ornate rooms, at the very crown of the city-tree-building.))

Edited by klinneah