ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

Once they were out of the door, Beatrice saw a young girl trying to slip away. It was hard to overlook her.

From her multicolored tie-dyed bejeweled not-really-blue jeans over the screaming colours of her hair, decked out in ribbons and sparkeling bobby pins to the neoncoloured, creativly decorated trench coat, she had no way to go unnoticed.

Beatrice knew Nightworlders were strange but she couldn't keep herself from staring for a moment.

Finally she said. "Excuse me, Miss? But could you show us the fastest way to the council?"

She really hoped the council would have news about the Nightworld Keyholder by now.

Kay was silent for a moment, her mind not quite caught up with her ears. Then she exclaimed, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I look a mess. But I'll take you to the Council. They don't really like me, mind, so I won't go in. Oh, and they don't really like it when you talk about they Keys, but that doesn't stop the people from knowing all about them, and the other Worlds, too. It's back to the city, and there's a door...." While talking, she'd begun walking away, and now she was halfway across the street, heading for the train station.

Kay looked back at the two girls still in the doorway. "Come on! you wanted to see the Council, didn't you?"

((Edited to clear up some major confusion))

Edited by klinneah

((I'M SO CONFUSED. I thought they were still at Amaya's house O.o))

Ruu hid behind Beatrice slightly as another person was discovered. She wore bright clothes, and seemed to natter on a lot about the Council. She blinked as the girl passingly mentioned keys; she'd thought that Nightworld thought the keys were of legend. She kept this thought in mind, but didn't persue it and instead, waited for Beatrice to resond.

Once they were out of the door, Beatrice saw a young girl trying to slip away. It was hard to overlook her.

From her multicolored tie-dyed bejeweled not-really-blue jeans over the screaming colours of her hair, decked out in ribbons and sparkeling bobby pins to the neoncoloured, creativly decorated trench coat, she had no way to go unnoticed.

Beatrice knew Nightworlders were strange but she couldn't keep herself from staring for a moment.

Finally she said. "Excuse me, Miss? But could you show us the fastest way to the council?"

She really hoped the council would have news about the Nightworld Keyholder by now.

They were in the house. Note the *Once they were out of the door* part of my post, please xd.png))

((I know, but somehow they're suddenly in a hallway... I'm just not sure how they got there, that's all xd.png Should I just assume that they took Snowpearl and went to the council building?))

((I don't see anything about a hallway. Of course I can be quite blind, but I read doorway. I assumed the backed toward the door of another house?))

While talking, she'd begun walking away, and now she was at a silver door that, at first glance, looked no different than the other doors along the hallway. In fact, besides the more elegant sconces set on either side of the doorway, and the ornate symbol etched into the silver, it might have looked like every other door in the hall. Even with the obvious elegance, it might not have looked like the back door to the Council of Twelve without a massive signpost blocking off the hall beyond, reading "COUNCIL OF TWELVE, RIGHT."

((I just got a bit confused because I thought Amaya's house was far away from the city and reading your guy's posts are giving me the the impression that somehow her front door is leading straight to another hallway with the Council's room there... xd.png I doubt that's right, thus my confuzzlement~

So they left her house and went to the city? ))

Edited by Sparkeycat

((Let's just blame random intediimensional spots for this. After all Nightworld is the world of magic smile.gif. Uhm... my turn to post correct? ))

"One moment." Beatrice said. "So, you mean if I asked a random person on the street - you for example- they could tell me about the keys and the door to Waterworld? Maybe even were the NIghtkeyworld-holder is? We really need to find them. The fate of our world, and maybe yours too in the long run, depends on this."

Zoe came out of the woods and emerged back into the town with a small smile on her face. The townspeople that saw her face wondered for a slight time why she was smiling before going back to their business and figuring that she was just happy for no reason at all. When Zoe was far enough from the town after walking through it, she let Anja out. She knew that the people of the town were used to seeing her with Anja but she didn't really care at the moment. She just hopped onto her companion's back and they made it to a cliff that they always went to just to hang out.

((Let's just blame random intediimensional spots for this. After all Nightworld is the world of magic smile.gif. Uhm... my turn to post correct? ))

"One moment." Beatrice said. "So, you mean if I asked a random person on the street - you for example- they could tell me about the keys and the door to Waterworld? Maybe even were the NIghtkeyworld-holder is? We really need to find them. The fate of our world, and maybe yours too in the long run, depends on this."

((Sparkey, I think some of the confusion is because we are visualizing the world differently. I also think I posted confusingly and inconsistently. Can I go back and edit?))

Kay thought it over for a moment. "Well, I doubt a random person on the street is going to know very much at all, since all our official sources of information have been squashing the topic for decades. But that doesn't stop anyone from spreading rumors, does it? Now, the average citizen doesn't actually know much at all, but you'd be surprised at how many people actually do know something. Unfortunately, talking about such things - the Keys, the Holder, or even other Worlds - is prohibited by the strictest law." She glanced around nervously. "I'm not sure I should even be standing here on the streets talking like this. Can I come in?"

"Yes of course." Beatrice backed away to let the girl into the house. She frowned. So far she had thought the nightworlders had just forgotten about the keys naturally. She had never suspected that knowledge was restricted deliberately.

Why would anyone prohibit talking about the keys? It gave her a horrible suspicion., Was the council allied with the Metalweavers?

As she stepped across the threshold, Kay carefully slid the door shut behind her. She toed her boots off, leaving them out of the way, and sat down in the kitchen before she spoke.

"I'm not sure how to begin. My name is Kay, and I live just north of here, in the city. I've been...well, sort of traveling, so I don't suppose you've seen me before. I have something to show you." She gestured for the lights to dim, and the room became, rather than bathed in the light of the wall sconces, faintly lit as if by dying candles. Kay reached into her coat and pulled a necklace into the light: a key on a chain.

"This is the Night Key."

((*blinks* I'll try.))

Beatrice's eyes widened. "You are the Nightkey holder?"

She looked at the girl in front of them with new respect and bowed.

"Thank you for revealing yourself, keyholder." She said. "I don't know how much you know about the worlds around Nightworld, but our world -Cloudworld- is in dire need. The metal weavers have found their way in there and some might have even entered the other worlds already.

Ruu.."

She nodded toward the wingless girl at her side.

"Ruu is the Cloudkey holder and she has closed the door between Nightworld and Cloudworld so the bulk of the army of Metalworld won't be able to arrive here. But we need to collect all the keyholders if we are to save our world and bring lasting safety to the others."

And, Beatrice added silently, they had to do that before the Metalweavers found them. Nightworld might be save for the moment but only as long as Ruu didn't fell in the hands of the Metallweavers agents.

((Hang on, I thought language barriers would be a problem? Or have Ruu and Bea picked up on the Nightworld's language while they were here? I'll ignore it for now but I'm guessing we should deal with it as soon as reasonable.))

"If you've come to this world for help, you'd best keep going," Kay said. "The district governors - that is, the Council - aren't very cooperative when it comes to Otherworlds, especially the Metalweavers. The Violet district elections recently...." Kay paused and shook her head, snorting in disgust - or laughter. "Terrible. The Violet district governor seems awfully suspicious, but she was elected.... I don't think you'll be getting any information out of the Council. Truth be told," Kay glanced around, looking especially at the wide windows, where the curtains were drawn. "I'm highly suspicious of the newest Council member. She never shows her face; and she speaks our language with a strange accent that I can't place. I've never even seen her before."

Kay replaced the Key in her coat pocket. The light in the room seemed to grow a little brighter, and the air seemed to become less cold.

"I think she may be from the Metalworld. It's only a suspicion, mind," she quickly added, holding up a hand to forestall any complaints. "But it may be a valid one. If the newest Councilor is truly an Otherworlder, then you will have no chance of finding the other Keyholders here."

((Did you have language problems while interacting with the other players charries? If not we could claim the different worlds are more like dimensions where the same language is spoken in the same area. That is how I imagined it at least.

If you had trouble, then we need to explain how they have communicated all this time indeed. I mean they've been a while in Nightworld now and had no trouble at all.

I am verging on blaming magic for this if it does become a problem. Say either the Cloud or the Nightworlders have the ability to make magically translate language.))

((The only character I've interacted with before was that one NPC from the Earthworld who had to try several different languages in order for us to communicate in a language we both knew. Therefore it would seem as though the Worlds do indeed use different languages.

Perhaps we can explain it by saying that since Beatrice and Ruu have been in Nightworld for so long, they've picked up most of the language {especially considering they've been talking with Amaya, who is a native speaker, nearly the whole time} and can speak fluently? It's a bit unrealistic, but it's much more unrealistic to suggest we've been speaking different languages this whole time and yet have managed to understand each other...))

((If you found a language you both knew it proves that the same languages are spoken in the various worlds. Maybe not in the same places, but there obviously ARE identical languages.

Therefore I vote the part of Cloudworld we come from speak the same language as the part of Nightworld we are now in. That not only means I don't have to worry how to explain that we've supposedly become fluently in a totally alien language in one day (and we weren't here longer) but it would also explain why we never had a problem with any of the others we've met in Nightworld. Amaya was just the latest. We talked to the guard who found us and the entire council before that.))

((Let's say that since Nightworld and Cloudworld are kind of opposite to eachother (it's mostly daytime in Cloudworld), their languages could be the same due to some awesome dimensional thingy.))

Ruu blinked in surprise at the Night key, fiddling with the key she held in her pocket shyly. She listened nervously as the Nightworld keyholder talked about a suspicious council member, and finally willed herself to speak.

"The-en, should we move on to the next world? All of us?" She proposed, unsure whether it was a good idea or not. Since she'd gone though the door to Nightworld, it had dawned on her how long this journey could be, and how serious it was. She didn't even have wings. How'd she be able to do any of it? She anxiously chewed on her lip.

((There would almost certainly be dialects, and one would assume a melding of languages where the worlds met. I think the district where the door is, and the area of Cloudworld nearest the door, would have very similar dialects, words, and patterns of speech. {Syntax is the hardest part of a foreign language to understand!} I find it not unreasonable.

I think there needs to be an IC post soon.))

((I was in the middle of editing and then my computer did something funky and I lost everything D:))

When the wingless girl spoke, Kay expected a small voice, mousey but not shrill. She was not disappointed, and turned her attention to the girl.

"What world do you suggest? The Waterworld is empty; the Earthworlders will not trust you, and will not even speak your language. Trust me, the farther you journey from home, the harder it will be to even put your left foot in front of your right. But it will all be worth it when the threat of the Weavers finally is no more."

Kay put her fingers to her temples, rested her elbows on the small table, and let a little weariness show. "We need to strike at the Weavers' source, their homeworld. Destroy their source of power, and they will not threaten the Worlds for a long time to come."

((*Rushes in.* Yes, I've done too much ooc and too less IC. I admit it. I'll try to make up for it))

"Excuse me girl, but how do you propose we do that?" Beatrice said, unfolding her wings nervously.

"Lets say we weren't just one woman and two girls but had all of the forces of Night and Cloudworld behind us. Do you really think we could beat the Metal-Weavers? They are practically the essence of war and have threatened all the worlds once before.

And that's not even counting your suspicion that you believe Nightworld is being subverted and the fact that the Cloudworlders are no fighters at all.

I think I am one of the most agressive Cloudworlders that are around, but I can even imagine injuring another human being intentionally."

She shook her head so her blond curls flew around her head. "Ruu is right. We need to go on to the other worlds. The prophecy was clear. Only if all eight keyholders unite will we be able to defeat them and bring peace back to all the other worlds. I don't doubt you are right about the difficulty of our task, but that doesn't change we have to try it and somehow overcome it.

Else, all is lost."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Ruu's worries about the whole thing were amplified by Kay's speech on how difficult it would be. Even Beatrice's comments were worrying. You just have to do it step by step. Nothing big. Come on. She rubbed her hands together, then tried to disperse the tension.

"So, where can we find the Nightworld door?" she asked, "And we'll need to get Snowpearl up so we can get there easily."

((*Hits head off desk* Sorry, I'm doing quite badly at settling back into this RP at the mo xd.png))

Edited by Sparkeycat