ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

"It you think it's because of me, then I gotta wonder why." Anri said, a smile in his voice. He felt something scratch his back; well, not his back but her back. He instantly began to worry though he kept it hidden. "You ok Jasmine? What happened? You still safe?"

"Me too," Jazz replied. "No because a mountain lion attacked me. I'm in the woods in front of the cave that I was in earlier but maybe I should go to the abandoned building that I passed on my way to the village." She got up carefully, picked up her bottle of water, and made her way to the building. When she got there, she sat in one of the corners but didn't have her back be against the wall.

"Oh, honey," Anri said comfortingly. "Don't worry, it'll be fine, you'll see." He felt so useless; there was no way he could reach her to help her. He held his temples in defeat; until he got there, he realized, she was on her own. She could handle herself, but if she got hurt again...... who knew? "Don't worry, everything will be fine. Put some of that oniment on your back."

"I'll try not to worry but it's a bit hard not to at the moment," Jazz replied now close to tears. "I can't put the ointment on my back because the scratches are high up on my back just a tad underneath my neck and shoulders." "I feel like everything here is out to get me one way or another," she said as she pulled her legs up to her chest, "oh and I'm now in the abandoned building that I spoke of earlier." She could hold her own until Anri and the others got there but would she make it till then without another injury? Probably not.

Anri heard the tears in her voice and held the pendant gently, sending strength from him to her through it. He said comfortingly, "It'll be ok, love, just hang in there. I'll be there soon as I can. I promise I'll be there soon to take care of you." He held back his own fear, that he wouldn't be there in time.

Jazz sniffed but felt much better as she felt his strength transfer to her and said, "Okay. I'm going to attempt to get some sleep because that would probably help my injuries heal." She laid down on her side carefully and looked at the wall for awhile, using her arm as a pillow. She yawned and it was then that she found that she was really tired. She closed her eyes and was soon fast asleep.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Sorry bout to delay, college wanted to kill me and had to get a new desktop cause my old one crashed. Joy joy?))

Amaya would bite her lower lip as she thought about if she should explain about how her magic worked and how she could talk to Snowpearl and not just hear her thoughts. Well she really seen no need to tell them that just yet and really she kind of doubted they would believe her anyways. So with a small sigh she would just say, "Well if she would not wear a saddle made for dragons her size then I can always just show you an easy way to make a...well...not sure how to describe it, but is is 5 lengths of cloth or leather. One would go around the dragon's chest and the other two you would tie to your legs." There was not really good way to described it good, but she guessed they would get the basic concept of it. Either way it would be something that Ruu could do so that she would not fall off and even hold onto the length of rope that would be around the dragon's chest. While she knew Raven is bigger that Snowpearl, he was not to much bigger if he was to fold his wings to his sides and so he would just have to do that in a dive to get through the doors. "Well Ms. Beatrice, I would like to go and help you out in this journey. I am sad to say though, that I would not put it past the council to try and force you to stay in this world. They are...well...not so pure in the intents to help anything or anyone if it does not benefit them. You leaving would not 'benefit' them or so they would think." She did wonder when they would tell if they was going to take up her offer to stay the night, but she was patient and would wait.

While he liked examining people and trying to figure out if they were helpful for getting Amaya out of her shell, Raven was not so sure he liked being examined so much himself. Yet he guessed he should not complain seeing as he was not about to stop and he would have to get used to it when they went with them on this journey. For if there was stuff that did not look like things in Nightworld, then by far he was sure he would be odd looking to other worlds. "If you wish to then you may ride on me with Amaya to our place Ms. Beatrice. I fear you will crash into either another Nightworlder or even tire in the air. I know for a fact flying takes energy and I wonder how long a human with wings can last.", he said and while he knew it may sound rude to her as she looked like a noble, but he would rather sound rude and being nice than to never offer. Though seeing as he was being 'rude', he thought adding more would not be to harmful or he hoped not seeing as so far he liked these Cloudwolders. "You never answered if you were going to stay at our home either Ms. If we are going there I want us to leave soon so that Amaya will not run out of energy for her magic. Hate to have Snowpearl not being able to see or you if you do not wish to ride."

Beatrice smiled and lifted her finger to mock-threaten the pegasus. "You know, Raven, if you keep insisting on being formal it would be 'Lady de Loys'. But I'd really prefer it if you just called me Beatrice, especially if you allow me to ride on your back."

Her eyes twinkled. "I'd have sat down on Snowpearl if I grew exhausted but you have a point about not being able to see enough, so I'd like to take you up on your offer."

"About your other question. I think we'd be wise to accept your hospitality. But I probably haven't been stating that clearly enough." She looked at Ruu. "You'll have to agree though."

Ruu nodded,

"That's fine with me," She replied, "Thanks!" She looked in the direction of the city, lit up beautifully. If the sky was brighter, then maybe she would have been able to know what the skyline looked like. The wingless girl pondered what this new acquaintance's home would be like - maybe a small home like her own? Or maybe something more grand, like Beatrice's castle that she'd been taken to. She tried to think of a middle ground between the two buildings, but found became distracted by the stars. She suddenly started to muse whether space in Nightworld would be different to the space in Cloudworld. She certainly didn't recognise any of the constellations.

Amaya blushed as she thought that she and Raven must have missed the agreement to them going to her home. "I...I am sorry I did not notice that you agreed...you see I do not often talk with other people..well humans anyways.", she said while hesitating in her speech as now her courage started to wane. Scooting up Raven's back so that Beatrice would have plenty of room to sit down, she would lift her hand still with the magic light to chest level so that Snowpearl would not have any trouble seeing where she was going and could follow Raven. "Your welcome Ruu, but really it is my pleasure."

Raven would emit a soft huff as the correction in what he was calling Beatrice and was kind of embarrassed himself because he did not think to ask what she wished to be called. Though no need to worry now since he now knew. "I am sorry Ms...I mean Beatrice, but I am used to calling others that. I will try to get myself used to calling you that and Ms. Ruu, what do you wish to be called by?", he said as she had never said what she wished to be called by. Getting as steady as one could become in the air he would wait until Beatrice was upon his back so that he could lead them to Amaya's home. He was not sure how they would react when they seen her home because really it was large, but it was mainly because of her parents forcing her with the house's size by always saying, 'You may not ACT the part dear, but you can show the part at lest! We are not nobles true, but we do have the money and you should make others see that.' Amaya's parents were riding instructors with any animal really, but being rich did not mean the best life style as Amaya was left alone more than not.

((Sorry my brain died so I can not think of anything. Guess my next post will be describing the home and all when we get to heading there.))

Edited by Lilithachaos

"Then it's settled." Beatrice said contendly. She smiled at Amaya. "Don't apologize or I'll have to apologize as well and I am not very good with that." She slowly landed on Raven and tried to shift her weight in a way to make him as comfortable as possible wiht her extra weight. She had only experience with dragons though and didn't know if her efforts were helping anything. "You have to tell me if I am becoming burdensome." she told the pegasus.

She wanted these strangers to like her, but she wasn't quite sure how to go at it. Probably she shouldn't have said anything about the Ms, she reflected. But it had seemed so incongrous to her. She knew the Pegasus had been trying to be polite, but at home someone calling her Ms would have tried to insult her, implying she was a Commoner and not a Noble. And Beatrice admitted to herself that she was just arrogant enough that such things mattered to her.

"I really don't mind. You can call me Ruu if you like." Ruu replied to Raven, her voice sounding cheery for some reason. She was happy with her two new-found acquaintances and was grateful for their hospitality.

Ruu sat comfortably, hugging Snowpearl around the neck as the dragon followed the pegasus. As they travelled farther from the city, the girl felt an uncalled for twinge of homesickness, the first she'd felt in a long time. She couldn't place what had triggered it - maybe the fact that she hadn't been in her own bedroom for so long, or maybe that she merely missed the world she was so used to. Her eyes, so used to being bathed in light, failed her in this place. The world was getting darker and darker around her, and the only light came from Amanya.

She closed her useless eyes and nuzzled her face against Snowpearl's feathery scales. The girl hoped that the fatigue from earlier wasn't returning, and she dug her nails into the palms of her hands to prevent the embarrassing consequence of the darkness.

Raven nodded his head and headed off in a slow pace so that Snowpearl would not fall behind and get lost, but he doubted she would seeing as even if she did the light would guide her way. "Ruu it is then and Beatrice if anything, you will be bored of riding on me before you become burdensome. Amaya is so light and so are you so if anything I worry that you are still sitting on my back.", he said with humor as they came closer to their home. Dim lights could be seen high up on a cliff and he started to descend towards these lights. Soon landing on the ground he would lower his wings so that Amaya and Beatrice may get off without his wings getting in the way.

Amaya hopped off and looked up to wait for Snowpearl to land before she would release her hold on the magic and to replace it into her home so that the lights would become brighter. Her home was a modest two-stories with plenty of rooms, even if she never used but the kitchen and her own master-bedroom. The decor was what mainly would be seen in her world and this being blues, blacks, and silvers. Yet one could tell she had fun with these colors as all the rooms were different and have designs on all the walls. Maybe one room would have blue carpet with black walls and silver swirls or stars and another would have silver carpet and light blue walls. All the rooms, if looked in, would be kept clean and well kept. Off to the side is what looked like a barn with the doors wide open to let anything in if it so wished to rest or eat. Amaya always kept a stock of all kinds of food for any and all animals so she hoped that in there would be something that Snowpearl would eat. She really did not worry that something would go in there to harm any other animal because she long ago set up a ward that only let animals with good intentions in and the same with her home. Outside around the porch is small glowing flowers that were native to this world, but she had grown all different kinds and their glows was of all different hues.

Edited by Lilithachaos

((Sorry guys, I had heaps of essays to write!))

Myf nodded. "Well now we seem ready let's then go and save Jazz." She adjusted the strap for her bag and looked towards the door. She leant down and said quietly to Erin. "Okay, I think we are ready." She then turned to the others. "Erin knows where the door is." She paused and then said. "I hope. Anyway, we'll push through it first, then the last one through has to close the door." She turned back to Erin's head. "It's only at standing level, but I think it's slightly ajar."

((it's okay chocolate happy.gif; we forgive you *hugs*))

Erin nodded and said, "I think I can see it from here." Then she asked, "Do you have an ice-board ready for Anri, Shadow, Leion, and Stark?" While she waited for an answer to that question, she flapped her wings slightly to make sure that they were stretched out enough so that they wouldn't get tired later. She then took off but only circled low to test out her wings. She then landed again and waited for them to go.

Raven nodded his head and headed off in a slow pace so that Snowpearl would not fall behind and get lost, but he doubted she would seeing as even if she did the light would guide her way. "Ruu it is then and Beatrice if anything, you will be bored of riding on me before you become burdensome. Amaya is so light and so are you so if anything I worry that you are still sitting on my back.", he said with humor as they came closer to their home. Dim lights could be seen high up on a cliff and he started to descend towards these lights. Soon landing on the ground he would lower his wings so that Amaya and Beatrice may get off without his wings getting in the way.

Amaya hopped off and looked up to wait for Snowpearl to land before she would release her hold on the magic and to replace it into her home so that the lights would become brighter. Her home was a modest two-stories with plenty of rooms, even if she never used but the kitchen and her own master-bedroom. The decor was what mainly would be seen in her world and this being blues, blacks, and silvers. Yet one could tell she had fun with these colors as all the rooms were different and have designs on all the walls. Maybe one room would have blue carpet with black walls and silver swirls or stars and another would have silver carpet and light blue walls. All the rooms, if looked in, would be kept clean and well kept. Off to the side is what looked like a barn with the doors wide open to let anything in if it so wished to rest or eat. Amaya always kept a stock of all kinds of food for any and all animals so she hoped that in there would be something that Snowpearl would eat. She really did not worry that something would go in there to harm any other animal because she long ago set up a ward that only let animals with good intentions in and the same with her home. Outside around the porch is small glowing flowers that were native to this world, but she had grown all different kinds and their glows was of all different hues.

Snowpearl waited until Ruu had gotten off the bounded over to the barn. Searching a little revealed an amount of tasty fruits that the dragon started to devour at once. Like all white dragon she was a vegitarian.

"Your home is very beautiful." Beatrice said impressed as they entered.

Ruu neatly leapt off Snowpearl's back, her sandles making clean clack! sounds on the ground. She felt slightly disorientated, but at least this area was brighter, and there was a floor beneath her feet to remind her which way was up. Snowpearl ran off somewhere, and Ruu was left in the darkness. Though luckily, she could only just see the silhouette of Raven and his two riders coming in to land.

The wingless girl glanced up at the house, taking in the features. It was so large! And very pretty indeed.

"And this house is all yours?" She asked, awe showing in her voice.

((Warning for you guys, I will not be getting on a lot this weekend cause I am going to the beach. I am taking my laptop, but may only get on around about 2 times.))

Raven tilted his head as Snowpearl ran by and with a snot of laughter he would gallop towards the barn himself. Stalls lined the sides filled with fresh hay and the large area in the middle that had all the food lined up. Seeing the dragon eat the fruit he would quickly tell Amaya that the dragon was content and not to worry about them now. Wings folded closely to his sides so that he would not hit anything and walking up to the dragon so he could talk to her a little. He would may not understand what she would be trying to say back, but at lest the dragon would have something to do after she was done with her food. "So Snowpearl, you may sleep anywhere in here that you like and there is water in all the stalls.", he said as he started to munch on some oats himself. He was not sure if the dragon would want to sleep in a stall or in the loft where most dragons liked. The loft was more like a roost for any flying animals, but he himself loved the wide stalls.

Amaya jumped back when Snowpearl ran by and watched Raven go into the barn with the dragon. Hearing Raven tell her that Snowpearl was content made her smile, but a blush formed from Ruu and Beatrice's words, but she guessed it was a lot better that they liked the house cause it could have always been that her home looked bad with what they had in the Cloudworld. "Thank you very much and...well yes it is all mine. I did not really want it this big, but....", Amaya trailed off in her words as she did not really want to go into her own family issues. It was not like they would care anyways and she was sure they had their own problems. "Well!...umm...make yourselves at home. Pick any room you wish and I can make some food for you guys too. Though I have to say that I do not have a lot of meat because I do not like eating it myself.", Amaya quickly said so they may not catch her broken sentence from before. Opening the front door she would quickly make the magical lights flare so that they would have no problems seeing around the home. "The lights will go out when you want them too in a room. All you have to do is well...will them too."

((Kind of figured Amaya would be a vegetarian cause of her love of animals. Why would she want to eat them when she talks to them so much and they are her only friends? Meat is there cause of her parents...they love meat and best to have some in there for them to hear them argue with her.))

(( I've never thought about it but given their pacifistic nature it's possible Cloudworders are Vegetarians too. What do you think Sparkey? Have fun on your trip and don't worry about us Lilith!))

Beatrice's shoulders clenched a little. 'Make yourself at home' she had said. Well at home she knew which rooms were occupied so she could stay clear of them unless invited. Here she would need a little help.

"Amaya that is a very generous offer, but I'd really feel better if you could simply show me a room I can use." She said firmly. Snooping through the house of her host went against everything she had been taught.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((But they have birders in Cloudworld... They eat the birds...happy.gif;; Maybe it would be that the only meat they have is bird meat.

Have fun on your beach trip, Lilith!))

Hearing Amaya's instructions, Ruu had already ran towards the house, but slowed when she heard Beatrice.

Remember your manners. She mentally scolded herself, and she glanced towards the barn where Snowpearl was currently with Raven. She felt another twinge of Homesickness, and she furrowed her brow. It wasn't like she wanted to go back. It really wasn't.

She stood by the front door, anxious to go inside where there was light - and she felt anxious to test out the magical side of the lights, also. She wondered if "willing them to turn off" would work for a non-magical Cloudworlder. But she knew better than to simply walk inside of a house that didn't belong to her.

((Sorry guys, been a rough week....))

Anri said, "Sleep peaceful, my Jasmine; we are coming." He spoke barely above a whisper, his voice thick. He looked at Myf and said, "Ready when you are." Shadow was worried too and was restless, easy to understand when you master is upset. The connection between the two was close enough were they felt each other's worries and doubts. If one failed to relay the message, the other would.

"I will try to my Anri," Jazz whispered back, "and I'm glad that you are on your way." Her back ached but she could do nothing about it until Anri and the others came. She decided that she would stay in the building in case something or someone else attacked her. She slept as peacefully as she possibly could. Her body was a bit stiff from the position that she was in but she slept on.

((it's okay sis happy.gif *hugs*))

Edited by SkySong278

((Poor Song *Hugs*))

Myf nodded. "Okay," she told Erin, carefully conjuring up an ice board for Anri, Shadow, and the man and his dog, watching Dean doing the same for Atlanta. "I think we are ready now." She then turned her head to Anri, but speaking to Shadow. "If you could carefully climb onto the ice board". She motioned the floating large board hovering above the ground. "Then just stay balanced, and I'll try and make it a pleasant ride." She smiled to the group on Shadow, then to the old men. "Thank you again." She raised her hand and beckoned the group of creatures to follow, as they began to walk towards the field. "If you could." Myf said to Erin, gesturing politely. "Go for the door and don't stop until we get to the Fire world. We'll land there." She then turned back to the group. "Remember the plan, follow us until the Fire world. We'll stop there." She turned to the man on Shadow. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name?" She smiled briskly and then looked towards her the field, able to see a faint flicker of the Sky world. She gently nudged Erin with her knee. "Let's go."

Erin nodded and then took off once Myf was done telling the others to remember the plan. As she flew, she could see the door of the Modern World a little easier now and she continued to fly towards it. When she got to the door, she flew right through it and into a really hot world that she figured was the Fire World. She looked everywhere for a place to land and saw one just beneath the volcano. She landed in the clearing that she spotted and waited for the others to arrive.

((-hugs both Chocolate and sis- thanks.))

Anri kissed the pendant and laid it gently on his chest, keeping the connection open. Shadow was unsure of the ice board, he rather liked the firm ground beneath his feet, but at a slight nudge from Anri he stepped onto the board and stood steady. Keeping his balance, he decided, was easy; it was standing still that was hard. As they took off, Leion looked at Myf and nodded his head respectively to her, saying, "Leion, miss, and this is Stark." He smiled an petted his dog. Stark woofed gently, panting slightly.

((np happy.gif))

Jazz felt Anri's kiss against her lips this time and smiled in her sleep. She woke up feeling really stiff and tried to stretch, only to find that she couldn't raise her arms as high because of the scratches on her back. She winced and put her arms back down. She got up and then asked Erin along their link, What world are you guys in right now? Erin heard Jazz's question and said in reply, Myf and I just got into the Fire World and we're now waiting for the others. Jazz nodded and said in reply, Okay. She stayed where she was, not sure if she should go out and do something.