Hiei101

Final Fantasy

I wonder how long it will be before VIIII gets a remake? It was my first FF so I'd quite like to see it in HD.

Was that one originally for the PS1 or the PS2?

PS1.

I'm really looking forward to FFXV. I won't be able to play it until October 12th though, so I'll be trying to avoid spoilers like mad.

As hyped as I am for FF15 I most likely won't be able to play it until Christmas Morning. I used my Gamestop membership card to preorder it, but Mom gave me half and said it was part of my Christmas, so I'm going to try and see if I can get it sooner, but I dunno how successful I'll be. ^^;

As for Nine, I actually how no idea what its about. I know 7 of course, some of 13, 8, 10 and 12, but that's about it.

ETA: I was just looking on Square's online store and stumbled across THIS!

My inner fangirl's clawing to get out, but I hate that I can't get it just yet. My luck it'll be a limited edition and once it sells out it's gone. *headdesk* Where's $120 when you need it?

oh, and also saw a copy of Crisis Core for only $10 which is awesome. Too bad I don't have a PSP.

I usually don't want action figures (but I love collecting small animal figurines...go figure) but https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/41...s-kai-sephiroth

I need that in my life, although I'm very confused why it's on preorder when the release date was like six months ago, unless it's a serious typo.

I usually don't want action figures (but I love collecting small animal figurines...go figure) but https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/41...s-kai-sephiroth

I need that in my life, although I'm very confused why it's on preorder when the release date was like six months ago, unless it's a serious typo.

You just had to show me that, didn't you. dry.gif lol, j/k. now I have to add that to my wishlist as well, right after Cloud. unless they have a Zack Fair figure of equal quality then he takes top spot.

I was wondering about that release date myself. It's definitely wierd. huh.gif

ETA: I was just looking on Square's online store and stumbled across THIS!

My inner fangirl's clawing to get out, but I hate that I can't get it just yet. My luck it'll be a limited edition and once it sells out it's gone. *headdesk* Where's $120 when you need it?

oh, and also saw a copy of Crisis Core for only $10 which is awesome. Too bad I don't have a PSP.

Oh hey! I have this figure as well as Red XIII's! It's absolutely absolutely worth the money if you do have enough sometime. I just threw an album with both of them in it together on imgur if anyone wanted to look at them a little closer or compared to other figs.

I'd just be careful about buying any from ebay or elsewhere though, because they are bootlegged like crazy. ;-;" Cloud is actually a re-release this time (which they have never done for PAK figures until him). Not exactly "limited edition" but really sought after and a lot of people have been nabbing him now that they released him again.

And actually, they finally announced the Sephiroth PAK to go along with Cloud, too. You can see him for preorder on Amiami here. He comes out in December (just in time for my birthday :y)!

I saw him on the Enix store, but I generally don't order from Enix's online store because their prices are way marked up, and then the shipping on top of it is killer. Not only that, but Enix's store doesn't release the figures until a few months after they release in Japan (so... like Sephiroth comes out December 2016 for Japan, but Februrary 2017 for the west).

So I just preorder them from Japan to get them earlier, and also cheaper. I don't know if Amiami still has Cloud in stock They have Cloud in stock, and that's where I got mine from, as well as the vast majority of my figures.

The Squall PAK from Dissidia is also getting a re-release, but he's really, really expensive compared to what his original release was. :/ Kinda annoying but eh, not exactly pining for a Squall figure anyway.

I've also finally got... a Kain PAK actually on the way, now. Someone got it for me as a present and I can't believe it. ;-; I had given up on being able to get one but... geez. *lays down* I just can't wait for him to come in the mail, aaagh! <3 The best dragoon ever! Ahhhh!

Also in regards to remakes. I want to see some FF4 HD remake. Or FF2, but most people hate that one so... *sits in corner*

Edited by birdzgoboom

Oh hey! I have this figure as well as Red XIII's! It's absolutely absolutely worth the money if you do have enough sometime. I just threw an album with both of them in it together on imgur if anyone wanted to look at them a little closer or compared to other figs.

I'd just be careful about buying any from ebay or elsewhere though, because they are bootlegged like crazy. ;-;" Cloud is actually a re-release this time (which they have never done for PAK figures until him). Not exactly "limited edition" but really sought after and a lot of people have been nabbing him now that they released him again.

And actually, they finally announced the Sephiroth PAK to go along with Cloud, too. You can see him for preorder on Amiami here. He comes out in December (just in time for my birthday :y)!

I saw him on the Enix store, but I generally don't order from Enix's online store because their prices are way marked up, and then the shipping on top of it is killer. Not only that, but Enix's store doesn't release the figures until a few months after they release in Japan (so... like Sephiroth comes out December 2016 for Japan, but Februrary 2017 for the west).

So I just preorder them from Japan to get them earlier, and also cheaper. I don't know if Amiami still has Cloud in stock They have Cloud in stock, and that's where I got mine from, as well as the vast majority of my figures.

That figure, such detail. And the eyes don't look dull and glassy like most figures, they almost look alive!

What's the price in US dollars? all I'm seeing is 11,630 JPY

If there's a Red XIII then I'm wondering if they'll release the rest of Cloud's team. I saw Tifa and Barret, but I'd love to see a Reno, Zack and Vincent figures.

I'm definitely going to be saving up for these next year. Maybe I'll get lucky and get one for my Birthday. I just used most of my spending money for preorders of FFXV and Pokémon Moon. If I had seen these figures first however they'd be at the top of my Christmas list.

How much it is in USD varies based on what the exchange rate is when you pay for it. Today, 11630 JPY is ~115 USD.

There is a Vincent figure but they're sold out. :<

That figure, such detail. And the eyes don't look dull and glassy like most figures, they almost look alive!

What's the price in US dollars? all I'm seeing is 11,630 JPY

If there's a Red XIII then I'm wondering if they'll release the rest of Cloud's team. I saw Tifa and Barret, but I'd love to see a Reno, Zack and Vincent figures.

I'm definitely going to be saving up for these next year. Maybe I'll get lucky and get one for my Birthday. I just used most of my spending money for preorders of FFXV and Pokémon Moon. If I had seen these figures first however they'd be at the top of my Christmas list.

Yeah, they did an incredible job with Cloud and Red, too. And they have faces that look like themselves! XD

Like Infi said, it depends on the exchange rate.

You can look up JPY to USD on google, type in the JPY amount and it'll tell you approximately how much it would be in USD. That's what I do whenever I buy anything from Japan.

But generally, when the exchange rate isn't wonky, 100JPY ~= $1 USD. It's been at about 101JPY ~= $1USD for a few months though, so that makes things a little bit cheaper on our end lol.

Buying through something like Paypal will have it automatically converted to JPY when sending a payment though, so that makes it easy. :)

They've made a lot of the Advent Children figures already. They made Vincent, but he came out a couple years ago, so to get him now you'd be looking at spending well over $200+ for him.

Barret, Red XIII and Tifa (AC versions) are the others that they made alongside Cloud, as well as Rufus Shinra (for whatever reason, they made him before Sephiroth or the rest of the main characters.... lol).

They're making FF7 versions of Cloud and Barret though, too. The greyscale versions of them were shown off over a month ago. I suspect those will probably be coming out around the same time as the first part of the remake, but who knows!

eta: Oh, poo, I forgot they already had a coloured prototype of FF7 Cloud.

I hope they make FF7 Vincent. I like his claw better in the original game than in Advent Children. Unless they give him his AC claw in the remake...;-;

I do hope you get to purchase one. They're totally worth it-- at least the more recent ones! And Sephiroth is just too gorgeous. *snugs him*

Edited by birdzgoboom

Yeah, they did an incredible job with Cloud and Red, too. And they have faces that look like themselves! xd.png

Like Infi said, it depends on the exchange rate.

You can look up JPY to USD on google, type in the JPY amount and it'll tell you approximately how much it would be in USD. That's what I do whenever I buy anything from Japan.

But generally, when the exchange rate isn't wonky, 100JPY ~= $1 USD. It's been at about 101JPY ~= $1USD for a few months though, so that makes things a little bit cheaper on our end lol.

Buying through something like Paypal will have it automatically converted to JPY when sending a payment though, so that makes it easy. smile.gif

They've made a lot of the Advent Children figures already. They made Vincent, but he came out a couple years ago, so to get him now you'd be looking at spending well over $200+ for him.

Barret, Red XIII and Tifa (AC versions) are the others that they made alongside Cloud, as well as Rufus Shinra (for whatever reason, they made him before Sephiroth or the rest of the main characters.... lol).

They're making FF7 versions of Cloud and Barret though, too. The greyscale versions of them were shown off over a month ago. I suspect those will probably be coming out around the same time as the first part of the remake, but who knows!

eta: Oh, poo, I forgot they already had a coloured prototype of FF7 Cloud.

I hope they make FF7 Vincent. I like his claw better in the original game than in Advent Children. Unless they give him his AC claw in the remake...;-;

I do hope you get to purchase one. They're totally worth it-- at least the more recent ones! And Sephiroth is just too gorgeous. *snugs him*

*facepalm* wow, where was my brain. I should have known JPY was Japanese yen. >_<;

...Why Rufus? Seriously, what has he done to deserve a figure? Most of the time when I think of the FF7 character Rufus never comes to mind. Though, I guess I should be grateful they didn't choose to make one of Hojo. *shudders*

That FFVIIR of Cloud though, he looks fantastic. I still love ACC Cloud's outfit best, but the original look is great here.

Oh I'm planning to try and get Cloud at least and will try to also nab that Sephiroth. If they ever make a Zack then I'll definitely grab that one too.

Oh man. It looks like the delay is real. T-T

user posted image

I just saw that and I'm super peeved. Mine's already paid for. I'm actually seething right now. why does Square do this so close to the release date? It's already been ten years in the making, why do they keep prolonging it?

Edited by Syiren

They say it's because they want to finish smoothing out the final product, but I'm guessing it's because they don't want Persona 5 interfering with their sales.

They say it's because they want to finish smoothing out the final product, but I'm guessing it's because they don't want Persona 5 interfering with their sales.

the director has explained in an official video here:

and it does makes sense and also surprisingly affects me as my PS4 isn't connected online. I'm still disappointed, but since they took the time to consider their players I can respect it.

Eh, I don't know. I think there's more to it than just "we're gonna put the day 1 patch in-game so people don't need online for it." FF15's development cycle has been a total cluster for the past ten years, so there's probably more stuff going on with it than they're willing to talk about (which is fine).

I just find it funny that I know of a couple games that had shifted release dates because FF15 was scheduled to come out at around the same time (most notably for me the new Sengoku Basara got moved to a late August release instead of late September), so then they shifted their release dates accordingly so they wouldn't clash... and now FF15 isn't coming out until the end of November. Lmao.

I'm still so apprehensive about FF15, and the extra delay (as well as a season pass/DLC...) isn't helping. :C

They made such a big deal out of the release date too, to go back on it now just looks... really, really silly, even if they have a reason for it. Sometimes I really question what Enix does, but... oh well. As long as it comes out this year, I guess.

eta: Tabata's message is really polite and thoughtful, though. Which is appreciated!

(There's still World of Final Fantasy to look forward too anyway in October. Yay)

Though, I guess I should be grateful they didn't choose to make one of Hojo. *shudders*

Oh god, I gagged. No. Nonononono. No. Nooooooo.

Edited by birdzgoboom

I was just thinking about the survey Square held about if people would still buy XV if P5 had a similar release date.

OH GOD I just know! Really need this so much though I already have another one. Can't resist... this series have more details than others.

user posted imageuser posted image

Especially I like his face and wing. Pretty cool, that's the very thing I wanted.

Eh, I don't know. I think there's more to it than just "we're gonna put the day 1 patch in-game so people don't need online for it." FF15's development cycle has been a total cluster for the past ten years, so there's probably more stuff going on with it than they're willing to talk about (which is fine).

I just find it funny that I know of a couple games that had shifted release dates because FF15 was scheduled to come out at around the same time (most notably for me the new Sengoku Basara got moved to a late August release instead of late September), so then they shifted their release dates accordingly so they wouldn't clash... and now FF15 isn't coming out until the end of November. Lmao.

I'm still so apprehensive about FF15, and the extra delay (as well as a season pass/DLC...) isn't helping. :C

They made such a big deal out of the release date too, to go back on it now just looks... really, really silly, even if they have a reason for it. Sometimes I really question what Enix does, but... oh well. As long as it comes out this year, I guess.

eta: Tabata's message is really polite and thoughtful, though. Which is appreciated!

(There's still World of Final Fantasy to look forward too anyway in October. Yay)

Though, I guess I should be grateful they didn't choose to make one of Hojo. *shudders*

Oh god, I gagged. No. Nonononono. No. Nooooooo.

Yeah, but whatever the reason(s) I'm confident it'll be worth it in the end, so I'm good. I hate waiting, but I'm good.

lol, yeah. He does have that reaction on people. I'm curious how that fights gonna go down in the remake when you finally get to fight him.

Ohhh~ I cannot wait to see this amazing movie. It looks so good! wub.gif

- first 12 minutes!

ETA: @artiuslove Oh I know! the detail is amazing. It's like he jumped right out of the screen into the real world.

Edited by Syiren

I pre-ordered that Sephiroth action figure (while still somehow miraculously resisting the urge to buy the Cloud figure). Thank you Infinis, I'm sending you my bill. biggrin.gif My mother's a huge Sephiroth fan, it'll be her birthday present.

I'm not surprised by the delay on FF15, and I'm actually not too saddened by it. I've watched games get delayed so often (No Man's Sky being the most recent) that I'm kind of numb to it (although fan reactions still blow me away, it's just a game and it's not like it's been cancelled). Hopefully the game'll be even better as a result, plus more chances for Carbuncle's Surprises.

I pre-ordered that Sephiroth action figure (while still somehow miraculously resisting the urge to buy the Cloud figure). Thank you Infinis, I'm sending you my bill. biggrin.gif My mother's a huge Sephiroth fan, it'll be her birthday present.

no don't send it to me I preordered one too xd.png

I didn't resist the urge to buy the Cloud one and he arrived this past week x3

... I only feel slightly bad for sharing that Amiami link to Sephi's preorders and Cloud's listing. ;y haha.

Is anyone else here getting World of Final Fantasy? It seems like it's flying under a lot of people's radars for one reason or another, so I'm curious.

Preordering it gets you Sephiroth in game. ovo

Here's my problems with World of Final Fantasy:

1. I'm worried about the plot. I've seen mostly fanservice in the trailers, but almost no detail on the protagonists.

2. I want the collector's edition, but since I don't know too much about it yet I don't want to spring for it.

3. I don't yet have a PS4, I'm waiting for the PS4.5 to come out. Doesn't make sense to stockpile games for a system I don't own.

I've honestly been focusing more on my list of 4 games I'm aiming to get and haven't really looked into World, so I don't even really know that much about the game. Even if I did, I'd have to wait because I spent some of my 'don't you dare spend unless you strike gold' money. I came across a really good copy of Crisis Core which still had its booklet and everything. I wouldn't have bought it, but I've been hunting for that thing for 3-4 years now and it was such a good price, I couldn't turn it down.

What I did turn down was a copy of the original FFVII for PS1. It was still wrapped in its plastic seal and was the non-greatest hits version. I was tempted, but the guy wanted $45 for it. I understand the great condition of the game and its age, but at the same time, I'd rather save my money for a nice PSP so I can play Crisis Core. I already have FFVII on my PS4 anyway, so I didn't need it. as much as I wanted it. dry.gif

Also, I impressed my mom and freaked her out. I had bought another PS2 game for $5. It wouldn't read in my PS2 and was really scratched. I took it into the bathroom and rubbed toothpaste all over the bottom of the disk and rinsed it off. She thought I had destroyed it, but it played like a charm afterwards. biggrin.gif

Edited by Syiren

Hmmm, yeah. I can see the concern about the story. It seems kind of like a dissidia-esque idea but with a clearly different battle system, though. A ton of FF characters thrown into one game and doing stuff (plus the protagonists).

I was kind of wanting the collector's edition too because of the added physical stuff (artbooks tho), but I'm not sure. $120 is pretty steep for me...

What I did turn down was a copy of the original FFVII for PS1. It was still wrapped in its plastic seal and was the non-greatest hits version. I was tempted, but the guy wanted $45 for it. I understand the great condition of the game and its age, but at the same time, I'd rather save my money for a nice PSP so I can play Crisis Core. I already have FFVII on my PS4 anyway, so I didn't need it. as much as I wanted it.  <_<

Are you sure that was a still-sealed version, and not a resealed copy? A still brand-new copy of FF7 fetches at least a few hundred dollars. However, people can reseal them after the fact and sell them later just so things don't open up or fall out (my copy of FF4 for my SNES was resealed, for example). $45 for a still brand-spanking-new copy of FF7 is... well, insane. That's like a collector goldmine.

Since it was $45 (and also black label), I'd be tempted to just say it was a copy that had been after-market resealed. Which is just a way to protect what's inside the case, really. And it makes it harder for people to steal the discs out of the case too, heh.

Also, I impressed my mom and freaked her out. I had bought another PS2 game for $5. It wouldn't read in my PS2 and was really scratched. I took it into the bathroom and rubbed toothpaste all over the bottom of the disk and rinsed it off. She thought I had destroyed it, but it played like a charm afterwards.

...You can apparently use banana, too, for this. Lmao. I'd still rather use toothpaste though. (If only it worked for bigger scratches. ;u)

And congrats on the copy of Crisis Core! If you don't mind me asking, does it have the normal coloured cover or the silver cover? o:

Hmmm, yeah. I can see the concern about the story. It seems kind of like a dissidia-esque idea but with a clearly different battle system, though. A ton of FF characters thrown into one game and doing stuff (plus the protagonists).

I was kind of wanting the collector's edition too because of the added physical stuff (artbooks tho), but I'm not sure. $120 is pretty steep for me...

Are you sure that was a still-sealed version, and not a resealed copy? A still brand-new copy of FF7 fetches at least a few hundred dollars. However, people can reseal them after the fact and sell them later just so things don't open up or fall out (my copy of FF4 for my SNES was resealed, for example). $45 for a still brand-spanking-new copy of FF7 is... well, insane. That's like a collector goldmine.

Since it was $45 (and also black label), I'd be tempted to just say it was a copy that had been after-market resealed. Which is just a way to protect what's inside the case, really. And it makes it harder for people to steal the discs out of the case too, heh.

Also, I impressed my mom and freaked her out. I had bought another PS2 game for $5. It wouldn't read in my PS2 and was really scratched. I took it into the bathroom and rubbed toothpaste all over the bottom of the disk and rinsed it off. She thought I had destroyed it, but it played like a charm afterwards.

...You can apparently use banana, too, for this. Lmao. I'd still rather use toothpaste though. (If only it worked for bigger scratches. ;u)

And congrats on the copy of Crisis Core! If you don't mind me asking, does it have the normal coloured cover or the silver cover? o:

Actually, I would love to get my hands on Dissidia. I just have no idea what system its for. I'm assuming PS3? or is there a PS4 version? I may add it to my number 5 spot if that's the case.

It could have been resealed, the guy running the store didn't seem like the type to try and scam people. He told my mom that the pokemon cards she bought my nephew were fakes and when I took a look at them it was easy to tell he was right, and as he checked the cards I was trying to sell him he said that he'd have to mark down some of his prices because some of their values had dipped.

Wha really? I've never heard of the banana before, but I'm not surprised. Especially after today when a computer guy showed me such a simple trick to opening a computer CD tray. Just take a paperclip and stick the end into the small hole and it pops right open. Yeah, I wish it'd work for deep scratches too. I still can't go to a certain area on one of my games and it was one of my best tracks.

Thanks! When I saw it I kind of had a user posted image moment. happy.gif;

Oh not at all, it's the normal greatest hits cover. If I had picked up the silver (after just now literally looking it up) I would have flipped my lid considering the price I paid. I bought mine for $9 and considering other prices I've seen people selling them for It was a great find. after I bought it I looked at another game vender and they had the same one for $20. I was like, "I'm glad I found it at the other place first."

Edited by Syiren

Actually, I would love to get my hands on Dissidia. I just have no idea what system its for. I'm assuming PS3? or is there a PS4 version? I may add it to my number 5 spot if that's the case.

It could have been resealed, the guy running the store didn't seem like the type to try and scam people. He told my mom that the pokemon cards she bought my nephew were fakes and when I took a look at them it was easy to tell he was right, and as he checked the cards I was trying to sell him he said that he'd have to mark down some of his prices because some of their values had dipped.

Wha really? I've never heard of the banana before, but I'm not surprised. Especially after today when a computer guy showed me such a simple trick to opening a computer CD tray. Just take a paperclip and stick the end into the small hole and it pops right open. Yeah, I wish it'd work for deep scratches too. I still can't go to a certain area on one of my games and it was one of my best tracks.

Thanks! When I saw it I kind of had a user posted image moment. ^_^;

Oh not at all, it's the normal greatest hits cover. If I had picked up the silver (after just now literally looking it up) I would have flipped my lid considering the price I paid. I bought mine for $9 and considering other prices I've seen people selling them for It was a great find. after I bought it I looked at another game vender and they had the same one for $20. I was like, "I'm glad I found it at the other place first."

The first Dissidia, as well as Dissidia 012 were both on the PSP!

They're still making a new Dissidia game, though. Currently it's only available in Japanese arcades, but Enix and Koei Tecmo have had plans to port it to the PS4 when they finish making all of the characters.

So far they have all of the main protagonists (as well as Shantotto from FF11 and Y'shtola from FF14) barring Noctis, and they've added Garland, Kefka, and most recently, Kain Highwind (!!!!!!).

So there's still plenty of villains to get through before they have everyone in it again, but the newest one will be on PS4...eventually. ;v;"

I would place my bets on resealed then, but still, $45 isn't too bad for a black label version in nice condition! If you ever do go back to pick it up sometime or look at it, I'd love to hear what version it is, since there's... three different versions/misprints of the black label. Haha. Some are worth more than others and it's always fun to see what kinds other people have, since not many people know much about all the different misprints of FF7!

Yeah apparently bananas work. I wouldn't put food on my games though, so... XD

Man, if only the paper clip trick worked well on car CD players... ;-;

Oh $9 isn't bad at all! And yeah, $9 for the silver one would be pretty sweet. I got lucky one day and found the silver one for like $7, so now it's sitting up with the regular version on my shelf haha. The cover is really pretty with the shiny silver tones!

Along those lines though, it's really funny how different prices can be between vendors. Like how you got your copy for $9 and someone else was selling it for $20... reminds me of the time I got a black label/complete copy of Xenogears for $15, when just a few vendors down (at a con) was selling it for $45. XD It feels good to get lucky!