Hiei101

Final Fantasy

same here, but knowing my luck they'll all come out at the same time and I'll be unable to decide what to buy/play first xd.png

It was a way to level Limit up fast. Find an enemy that can be manipulated and just have them attack character of choice until the bar is filled, then go to town on them.

Yeah, Square Enix is good with releasing a few games at the same time. dry.gif What I hope is that they don't get carried away and leak too much more of these games. Everone else wans new trailers and new story plots revealed, but that would ruin the game.

Ohh~ I get it now. I guess I never tried that. I've only played it once and got to the final part where the gang left the ship to fight Sephy, but I had to restart it since I was totally underleveled for the area. Those black dragons really pack a punch. Vincent never knew what hit him. ^^;

It's been a while since I played too, though I think I was over leveled. Too much time grinding for the Weapon fights and Chocobo farming xd.png

It's been a while since I played too, though I think I was over leveled. Too much time grinding for the Weapon fights and Chocobo farming xd.png

lol, I probably need to spend more time raising Chocobos, but the most time I spent grinding was when I was in the Nibelheim mansion trying to find the clues to open the safe. I'm actually grateful that it took me a while because that monster would have killed me easily had I not been forced to grind. Still, I need to restart anyway to make sure I get all of the important stuff, weapons, story events, etc. I almost didn't get Yuffie on my team. also it'll give me a chance to save that materia from exploding on Cid's rocket. Since I didn't get the code in time.

Edited by Syiren

I tend to grind in every RPG ever anyway. One of the reasons I was fine with how FFXIII did things was because of the exp cap. It meant I could only do so much before the game went 'stop fighting and get on with the damn story already'.

But yeah, I want to see golden chocobos in HD...

I tend to grind in every RPG ever anyway. One of the reasons I was fine with how FFXIII did things was because of the exp cap. It meant I could only do so much before the game went 'stop fighting and get on with the damn story already'.

imagine how awesome the races will look? Though, I think we got a sneak peek with how you can ride Chocobos in FF15.

Yeah I've played through the demo of FFXV a couple of times and can't get over how awesome all the monsters look. The little goblins can go die a death though stealingmypotionsdamnlittle.....

I've been curious to play the demo. Which game did it come with?

Type-0.

A lot of people didn't like Type-0, but I quite enjoyed it. I still need to replay though and get the secret ending.

I've been thinking about getting it, but worried if I'd have a hard time with it. I really sucked at FF12, but I was interested in the story. Type-0 looks interesting and I'm curious about it since Square doesn't have many M-rated games.

Edited by Syiren

You did the same thing I did after my first run and uber failure at the Gapra Whitewoods. My Second go around I was over leveled I nerfed the Aster Protoflorian so easily. My main problem was Hope's health and Light wasn't able to keep up as Medic, even when I went Med-Med (Double Dose) they had a hard time.

Bit of gameplay for the FFVII remake.

Huh. Seems like SE is taking a more real-time direction with the numbered FFs.

2016 will be known as the year where I have no money.

Kinda ironic for someone with the username 'Fortune'.

@ Luna: Did you use launch against the Protoflorian? It makes that fight a lot easier.

I saw that just now on youtube and I think a part of me died with happiness. wub.gif I am so excited and grateful that Steve Burton returned to reclaim his role. It wouldn't be right if Cloud was voiced by anyone else. Barret sounds different, but I'm not sure if it's the same guy from the movie. I hope Sephiroth is the same. Has the voice cast list been released yet or, is it still among those well-guarded secrets?

Plus, I'm excited beyond words of the gameplay style they chose. It's right out of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

I kinda hate that I'm online in a library. You don't know how bad I want to scream for joy right now.

I found this little video while looking for the voice cast and found this neat little vid.

And also found this:

So, it seems like FF7 remake will be split into episodes. This means we'll get more out of each part and it's been said that each part will be the size of a full-length game. I for one am very curious about this and look forward to finding out more.

Here's a video about it:

Also, it's nice to know what Cloud's most hilarious scene in the game will still be there. the video talks about it around 5:10-ish. I'm relieved. I laughed so hard in the original, imagine what that's going to look like with these update graphics. i'll make sure to be home alone when that part comes up as I will be busting a gut the entire time. xd.png

Hey FF fans, I'm new to the franchise and I got a question if someone could help me out.

Is FF IV a good game to start with? I'm planning on using that split party thing where some characters are controlled by P2 as well.

P.S. I've played Bravely Default I don't think most of the concepts will be new to me, I was just more worreid storyline wise as in not jumping in at number 4

Edited by Glewis

It's been a while since I last played IV, but I'm pretty sure it's a one player game. What do you mean by split party?

You can start with any game in series really as they all have stand alone stories. I'd only recommend starting with the first in the series of those few with sequels though, like IV, X and XIII.

Hey FF fans, I'm new to the franchise and I got a question if someone could help me out.

Is FF IV a good game to start with? I'm planning on using that split party thing where some characters are controlled by P2 as well.

P.S. I've played Bravely Default I don't think most of the concepts will be new to me, I was just more worreid storyline wise as in not jumping in at number 4

As Fortune said, each Final Fantasy number has its own universe. They don't ever cross except for two other titles. Dessidia and Kingdom Hearts. The first is an arcade fighting-style game where you can choose from a selection of characters from each game and pit them against each other. (I've never played it myself, but I'd like to) and Kingdom Hearts, where the main character just interacts with them. So far the FF characters to appear in those games are mostly from FF7, Squall from FF8 and a few characters from FF10. (if there's more I missed feel free to correct me guys.)

It also depends on your preference of gaming style. Do you prefer turn-based or real time?

Edited by Syiren

I've been reading about the coop "To use multiplayer mode, go to the config screen and change it from single to multi, then hit A and assign characters to the controlers. It only works for battles though, not the regular gameplay." It makes it so that in battle a second controller can control some of the characters, so you split the party across the controllers

And uhh i guess I prefer real time, though I don't mind either, good to know about the non interlocking stories guys biggrin.gif

Anyone here getting Final Fantasy Explorers? :>

What's that? I've been out of touch with any FF news for the past two weeks. Busy holidays and such.

It's a new 3DS game I think. I haven't been following news about it because I don't have a 3DS.

My favorite was 12 with how it was kind of more like a sandbox style in a way. More free exploring and everything. There is something I missed about the random encounters, but it still felt like the best game. I also liked 8 and 9. 6 was also good. Least favorite ones are the online ones, the more recent one that was all linear, and 7.

Anyone here getting Final Fantasy Explorers? :>

I am planning on it. It comes out Jan 26th and looks like a Final Fantasy version of Monster Hunter

I'll be getting Final Fantasy Explorers. I'm hoping to snag a Collector's Edition, but I'll settle for a regular copy if I can't nab it.

It's a new 3DS game I think. I haven't been following news about it because I don't have a 3DS.

Oh wait, I think I remember what it is now. It might have been that little tralier we saw at Sony;s conference back in July. lol, I remember why I forgot it though. Right after they showed that they showed the announcement of the FF7 remake. xd.png