Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Yeah, with XV coming out so soon not having VII is understandable, but I really hope they show off more at the Tokyo Game Show later this year. I need mooree. ;A; And I need to know if there's going to be a limited edition PS4 to throw myself at! gosh darnit

Oh! Yeah, Zodiac Age is remastered from the IZJS (International Zodiac Job System) version of FFXII. If you do ever get the chance, it is worth the try. Characters can be put into more standard Final Fantasy classes (that's where the "Zodiac Job" part comes in), rather than having a huge license board to figure out for each character.

I agree! They did just announce Gabranth (lord that armor looks awesome) and Balthier for PAK figures, but aside from Dragoon and Warrior/Hero of Light, there isn't much. There is AC Cloud though, which I do have, and geez he was more than worth it. Plan on getting Dragoon here soon enough, because Kain is awesome...

Kefka in his final winged form would be really amazing. Cecil or Bartz would be cool to see too. Enix has a treasure trove of awesome characters to make figures of-- it's weird they haven't made many of them yet.

Isn't the ultimate collector's edition still on "Waiting List" though? I would throw myself on the waiting list, but I already put $250 down on the Sengoku Basara Sanada Yukimura-den e-Capcom Limited Edition, so I can't really afford XV on top of that...XD So the Deluxe Edition will have to do.

Nintendo is often pretty bad at LEs, man.

Please, no more limited edition PS4s. I'm still smarting from trying to get the 20th anniversary edition. Well, if they do decide to make one I hope they do for the PS4.5 since that's the model I want.

Funny thing about Square: if you sign up for the Waiting List they tend to get more of the item in stock. I've signed up for the Waiting List on 3 items, and 2 of them came back in stock. After I got the email saying they'd restocked, I checked their website and it still had the Waiting List button active, not the Order button. Don't let that Waiting List button deter you from trying to get product from them!

That Dragoon figure (which I assume is Kain) is amazing! I have to really be blown away by a figure, though, to put that much cash into it. Though I may crack if they bring out more characters from FF7 and the articulation on that Dragoon figure is amazing and I am cracking already, aren't I?

I'm willing to make a huge exception if they make a FF7 PS4. I own practically everything else of FF7 I can have (aside from the AC PS3, which I hope to get by the end of next year, and random knick-knacks) so I'll happily throw myself at a PS4.

Still not sure how to feel about the PS4.5. Sony will have to tell me more about it before I feel like caring about it-- unless they start making games more compatible with the 4.5 than with the original 4... then it would be a problem, haha.

Hrrrrmmm. Really? If that's the case, then I might just have to waiting list myself for that Black Materia necklace sometime later here... I've been eyeing it for a long time hoping for a restock. Waiting Lists always get me concerned it'll just get my hopes up for nothing, heh. I'm glad two of the things you waited for got restocked, though!

Yup, the Dragoon is Kain. Well, the Limited Colour version of it is Kain (the one with blonde hair and darker armor)-- the regular version is just a "dragoon" but they...look exactly like Kain just with white hair, shocking. :y

I was really hesitant at first about the PAK line but when they re-released Cloud a little while back, I decided to get him to go with my other Clouds, pft. It's absolutely worth the price. They're massive, incredibly detailed, come with a ton of stuff, and are well painted and articulated. Don't regret my purchase one bit (though I completely underestimated the amount of shelf space I'd need for him ;y).

Dragoon's expensive now because once a PAK goes out of stock, Enix never does a re-release. Cloud is the first PAK re-release they've ever done, because of how hugely in-demand he was (and still is). I regret not getting the dragoon back when it came out, but I didn't know about it even existing, haha. To get a Kain-coloured one now will end up running about $300. Bah.

Edited by birdzgoboom

I'm going to skip the FFXII remake. It was the first FF game I didn't really enjoy, feeling much more like a chore in parts. I couldn't take to any of the characters after Rex, so I didn't really care for the story either.

They showed more stuff for it? wub.gif Would you happen to have the link? *insert big kitty eyes*

A-ah, they didn't show anything for it at E3 this year, surprisingly. ;-; The most news we have about it is still the gameplay video from last winter, afaik. Aside from published interviews with the director/other team members.

That makes sense, even if it makes me a little sad. I'm getting tired of my youtube recommendations filling up with complainers about it being episodic. I don't mind either way to be honest and if its split up into parts then that just means we'll get the first part sooner than waiting for the whole thing to be finished.

As for FF12, I have it and remember liking the story, but it was such a hard game to play. I remember having to get to the one area where you had to find some white crystal (man it's been forever since I last played it) and had to find a kid? and I was fine fighting the normal levered monsters, but then these giant bird ogre things appeared and were wicked strong. I didn't stand a chance! I tried to run, but no matter what they kept following me. Also, the beginning was confusing. Why get the young kid's hopes up if you're just going to betray and kill him anyway? What's the point in that? It's the same with Type-0 at the beginning. You follow this kid and his awesome Chocobo only to sit there and watch him cry as they both slowly succumb to their injuries. I know they want you to feel the loss for the characters, but those didn't make sense and were unneeded. Zack's death was heart-breaking, but it made sense. These other two, don't. Unless its explained further in the story which I haven't gotten to yet. *shrugs*

I'm going to skip the FFXII remake. It was the first FF game I didn't really enjoy, feeling much more like a chore in parts. I couldn't take to any of the characters after Rex, so I didn't really care for the story either.

^This. It doesn't help when some of the creatures in the area are unfairly over-leveled. dry.gif

~*~

I saw some new stuff the other day for 15 and I'm curious about the VR version where you can play as Promto. I don't have the extra cash for the headset, but just the fact that VR is finally a thing is pretty awesome. I wonder if they'll do that for FF7 remake? Maybe for a Vincent mission or a chocobo race?

Syiren, don't forget the motorcycle chase! Imagine how amazing that would be in VR! The snowboarding minigame would also be fun! Can you imagine slamming into a Moogle or tree in VR? tongue.gif

That makes sense, even if it makes me a little sad. I'm getting tired of my youtube recommendations filling up with complainers about it being episodic. I don't mind either way to be honest and if its split up into parts then that just means we'll get the first part sooner than waiting for the whole thing to be finished.

As for FF12, I have it and remember liking the story, but it was such a hard game to play. I remember having to get to the one area where you had to find some white crystal (man it's been forever since I last played it) and had to find a kid? and I was fine fighting the normal levered monsters, but then these giant bird ogre things appeared and were wicked strong. I didn't stand a chance! I tried to run, but no matter what they kept following me. Also, the beginning was confusing. Why get the young kid's hopes up if you're just going to betray and kill him anyway? What's the point in that? It's the same with Type-0 at the beginning. You follow this kid and his awesome Chocobo only to sit there and watch him cry as they both slowly succumb to their injuries. I know they want you to feel the loss for the characters, but those didn't make sense and were unneeded. Zack's death was heart-breaking, but it made sense. These other two, don't. Unless its explained further in the story which I haven't gotten to yet. *shrugs*

~*~

I saw some new stuff the other day for 15 and I'm curious about the VR version where you can play as Promto. I don't have the extra cash for the headset, but just the fact that VR is finally a thing is pretty awesome. I wonder if they'll do that for FF7 remake? Maybe for a Vincent mission or a chocobo race?

If the episodes act like how the original game was 3 discs (meaning you can carry your save between each episode and stuff), then I don't really have an issue. Though it would be odd trying to revisit old areas only to be unable to because "oh that was only in part 1," if that's how it's going to work.

As for FF12's monsters, I didn't particularly mind it because it's just one of those things you gotta not even t r y to get them to aggro and it forces you to use a little more stealth, which I'm fine with. Not to mention I was thoroughly abused enough by FF1, 2, and 3 enough (as well as 14 now) with its randomly high leveled monsters for a few things in FF12 to really bother me. Just keep running even if they aggro and you're generally OK (that's also one of the reasons there's an 'escape' button to hold on the controller, one or two of the trigger buttons iirc).

@Bolded-- Well, it was explained in 12 what the thing with starting off as Reks (and Reks' death) was. FF12 spoiler just in case you didn't know this--Reks is Vaan's only brother. The rest of their family was already dead from disease, and Reks was all Vaan had left as family. Having Reks be killed gives Vaan a motive for hating the Archadian empire as much as he does.

As for the VR stuff. SWORDFIGHTS ON MOTORCYCLES in VR would be pretty radical.

I worry for my stomach when thinking about doing any sorts of flips or anything in VR in a snowboarding minigame, though. (Like Cloud tumbling high-speed down a hill after he wipes out.... rip my stomach.)

Edited by birdzgoboom

I'm playing FF7 on my PS4. My first replay in years.

The music is still as awesome as when I first played.

I took on the Ruby and Emerald weapons last night. It's been so long I forgot how to go about it. Got my butt handed to me a few times.

not sure if it's a little late to post this but eh, 9 is my favorite..with 7 following close behind

I'm not really sure how I feel about 9. I liked it, but unlike some of the others I have no real desire to replay it.

If the episodes act like how the original game was 3 discs (meaning you can carry your save between each episode and stuff), then I don't really have an issue. Though it would be odd trying to revisit old areas only to be unable to because "oh that was only in part 1," if that's how it's going to work.

As for FF12's monsters, I didn't particularly mind it because it's just one of those things you gotta not even t r y to get them to aggro and it forces you to use a little more stealth, which I'm fine with. Not to mention I was thoroughly abused enough by FF1, 2, and 3 enough (as well as 14 now) with its randomly high leveled monsters for a few things in FF12 to really bother me. Just keep running even if they aggro and you're generally OK (that's also one of the reasons there's an 'escape' button to hold on the controller, one or two of the trigger buttons iirc).

@Bolded-- Well, it was explained in 12 what the thing with starting off as Reks (and Reks' death) was. FF12 spoiler just in case you didn't know this--Reks is Vaan's only brother. The rest of their family was already dead from disease, and Reks was all Vaan had left as family. Having Reks be killed gives Vaan a motive for hating the Archadian empire as much as he does.

As for the VR stuff. SWORDFIGHTS ON MOTORCYCLES in VR would be pretty radical.

I worry for my stomach when thinking about doing any sorts of flips or anything in VR in a snowboarding minigame, though. (Like Cloud tumbling high-speed down a hill after he wipes out.... rip my stomach.)

I don't see why they would do it that way. I remember making a few trips to Cosmo Canyon and Fort Condor the first time I played it. Mostly because I was trying to grind, but it they make it open world similar to 15, then it'd be really stupid on their part, especially after obtaining the Shera.

I just hope they keep some mini games while ditching others. The snowboarding and escape from Midgar need to stay, but others like Having Tifa move around to get the key needs to go, or having Cloud Barret and Tifa time themselves just right to open that door for the second reactor, was pointless. A simple card swipe or tiny cut scene will do just fine.

True, I've gotten used to 7's escape button a few times, but when I first started playing 12 I was so new to the FF series it was comical. It had officially been the first FF game I had played because back then the only thing I knew of 7 was from the movie and the cameos in Kingdom Hearts.

Speaking of FF7, I went to Gamestop yesterday to grab my Arceus event card and found out that (although not confirmed) the guy there said FF7 remake may be coming out around next October of next year. I won't set my calendar, but I'm hoping for a 2017 release for its anniversary. Pokémon's year-long celebration has given me high expectations for anything else celebrating 20.

OMG, I would buy a VR set for that. To be thrown into the heart of the action like that, holy cow, that'd be awesome. wub.gif Even more, what if its not just motorcycles, but riding a chocobo as well? From how it looks in FF15 I can't wait to see that in 7. :3

Speaking of FF15, I just preordered my copy of the game. The Day 1 edition is as good as mine which comes with Masamune. I wanted to get the movie with it, but I'll wait to see if it comes to a theater near me first. I'd love to see a Final Fantasy movie in theaters. happy.gif

Edited by Syiren

I'm not really sure how I feel about 9. I liked it, but unlike some of the others I have no real desire to replay it.

I didn't like it at first to be honest but it grew on me after playing for a while.

If they keep all th emini games in 7, please don't tie and trophies to them. I hated that bike race.

Beat FF7, but I have to replay because I messed up a trophy tongue.gif

If they keep all th emini games in 7, please don't tie and trophies to them. I hated that bike race.

Beat FF7, but I have to replay because I messed up a trophy tongue.gif

I've only played through 7 once because its such a long game and the farthest I got was at the start of the Northern crater. I grinded like crazy before going there, but I still got my team brutally mauled by black dragons. That was before I knew about mastering material. Now that I bought it for my PS4 I'm replaying it and trying to clean up the mistakes I made the first time, including getting that one big material I missed on that space ship.

I like some mini games, but hate others, which I mentioned in my last post above.

I just hope they keep some mini games while ditching others. The snowboarding and escape from Midgar need to stay, but others like Having Tifa move around to get the key needs to go, or having Cloud Barret and Tifa time themselves just right to open that door for the second reactor, was pointless. A simple card swipe or tiny cut scene will do just fine.

Just don't do what I did and confuse the sunken Shinra sub with the Gelnika. I spent ages running around it trying to find the large materia rolleyes.gif

Just don't do what I did and confuse the sunken Shinra sub with the Gelnika. I spent ages running around it trying to find the large materia rolleyes.gif

lol, you should have seen how long I was running around Shinra mansion in Nibelheim trying to find all the code keys for that safe. xd.png The only way I can smile about that month long escapade was that it was a great chance to grind.

On another note, there's speculation that FFVII and FFXV may be connected to the same universe.

So far its just a youtuber's

but it has some good points in it. To quote the director of King's Glaive if you pause it at 10:30 it says:
It draws comparisons to FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN quite often.

Again, it's just a fan's theory, but who knows? They've already said that FF15 is no longer connected to 13 in any way. (yay)

I actually hope it's not. Both games have so much extra content of their own I didn't really see the need to tie them together. Besides, didn't they already confirm that FF7 and FFX are in the same universe? I don't think we need to throw XV in as well.

I actually hope it's not. Both games have so much extra content of their own I didn't really see the need to tie them together. Besides, didn't they already confirm that FF7 and FFX are in the same universe? I don't think we need to throw XV in as well.

Wait, 7 and 10 are in the same universe, what? I have to say, I'm not really a fan on that idea.

One thing has me really curious. Someone mentioned that the FF7 remake will explore more of everything, including the characters. Now that Zack has a solid place in the story and not just some original hero that was replaced for Cloud there's talk that he'll be in the game through many flash and call backs. If that's the case then I have a question. Will Rick Gomez return to reprise his role as Zack? I have the same question regarding George Newburn as well for Sephiroth.

Apparently Shinra from X-2 is a ancestor of the Shinra in VII. X-2 Shinra began to explore ways to harvest the Farplane for energy (sound familiar?), and although he was unable to complete the process himself, some of his descendants would work it out while travelling to distant planets.

VII takes place about a thousand years after X, on a different planet from Spira.

Apparently Shinra from X-2 is a ancestor of the Shinra in VII. X-2 Shinra began to explore ways to harvest the Farplane for energy (sound familiar?), and although he was unable to complete the process himself, some of his descendants would work it out while travelling to distant planets.

VII takes place about a thousand years after X, on a different planet from Spira.

Hmm, it's convincing. I tried to get into X, but it never really clicked for me. It reminded me a lot of 12 tbh.

ETA: I was just looking on Square's online store and stumbled across THIS!

My inner fangirl's clawing to get out, but I hate that I can't get it just yet. My luck it'll be a limited edition and once it sells out it's gone. *headdesk* Where's $120 when you need it?

oh, and also saw a copy of Crisis Core for only $10 which is awesome. Too bad I don't have a PSP.

Edited by Syiren

I wonder how long it will be before VIIII gets a remake? It was my first FF so I'd quite like to see it in HD.