shric debar

the screenshot thread.

1 hour ago, Montre said:

Most recent set of screenshots showing how someone I do not know (which in itself is telling of how I’m not lying- if I had it out for someone specific, I would have started blaming them for it at least two months ago; and besides, I don’t think banning them would stop them from doing this, and probably would make them “hit” even harder) putting my eggs and hatchlings into Valley Sherwood without permission, and me (yet again) taking them out.

147BA632-430F-4B39-9EC5-489193887C2D.png

52A00EB7-B56D-4935-ADBC-7210A70622DA.png

Geez. That sucks. I would say hide your scroll, but it won't work if the bombers have the codes for the eggs they want to kill. Did I mention someone killed a CB Ice of mine a few weeks ago? JUST the Ice. Not the 2G tinsel or the CB Gold. JUST that one CB Ice egg for some reason. Even though viewbombing the Gold would have killed it faster, since the gold had over 6d on it, and the Ice SOMEHOW died with around 5d 23hrs. I hate viewbombers! ><

@Suzumiya 

I don’t think you understand. This happens every day, sometimes more than once, when my scroll is not hidden. There is no point in hiding my scroll unless I decide it’s worth it for all my eggs and hatchlings to die from running out of time.

You could keep your scroll hidden, then briefly unhide when you want to put things in hatcheries.

1 hour ago, Keileon said:

You could keep your scroll hidden, then briefly unhide when you want to put things in hatcheries.

Yes, this is what I do. One, because I don't want anything to get viewbombed, two, it's super easy to unhide it for about a minute to add things to hatcheries, and three...I totally loathe my scroll name. Hah. 

If you don't want to hide the scroll, fog any egg as soon as you get it until it's ready to hatch at 4d.

13 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

two, it's super easy to unhide it for about a minute to add things to hatcheries, and three...I totally loathe my scroll name. Hah. 

I find it rather annoying. Hiding the whole scroll requires the password each time. I wish it was rather like hiding an egg: 1 click and done.

On the other hand, I think your scrollname is cute :)

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I find it rather annoying. Hiding the whole scroll requires the password each time. I wish it was rather like hiding an egg: 1 click and done.

On the other hand, I think your scrollname is cute :)

I USED TO like it, until that...er, witch...said some nasty things, then...no more likey. I just have my scroll password saved in Chrome's auto-fill thing. Just my DC password. It would suck if someone killed all my dragons or whatever, but it's a game. I would like the option to NOT require a password to hide your scroll. Like...an ability to "fog" your scroll. You don't need a password to fog your eggs, so why not the scroll? Has that been suggested yet? XD

More breeding shenanigans!

536667690_ARandomPinkAppears.PNG.732a0798bc2235ab6091f0501209a83f.PNG

I forgot these guys (Arias) could throw pink babies, so I was confused for a bit.

The way the parents are makes me think the little pink is a new hybrid. Lol

(I know it's not, but it just looks it.) 

I’m just going to put this here and mention an animation parody of Bambi without providing a direct link; find it on your own.

FDB75350-EB17-4665-9181-1AB261680F27.png

Apparently there is a pygmy party going on in the AP.

1409879475_PygmyPartyintheAP2019-05-25.PNG.c3c6d4cae3da7a57457eabdf87972006.PNG

Low time pygmies everywhere.

@Shokomon I just came here to leave a screenshot of that! I don't think I've ever seen a full-pygmy AP wall!

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

@Shokomon I just came here to leave a screenshot of that! I don't think I've ever seen a full-pygmy AP wall!

Me neither actually!

And it's not all one type of pygmy too!

About 2 major types with smatterings of others in there.

2 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Apparently there is a pygmy party going on in the AP.

1409879475_PygmyPartyintheAP2019-05-25.PNG.c3c6d4cae3da7a57457eabdf87972006.PNG

Low time pygmies everywhere.

I loved this, i was just sad every one i picked up was purebred. Ive never seen so many pygmies 😍

11 minutes ago, emetib92 said:

I loved this, i was just sad every one i picked up was purebred. Ive never seen so many pygmies 😍

And now the wall is gone.

Aw.

I'm so cool I spell "1337" with three "3"s.

image.png.dd9ad5a668d23af92e5b148f058db991.png

Tishavaras wall of Celestials and Nocturnes is going strong! 💪🏻 I wonder just how many are on her scroll? 🤣 

08C000DD-69E7-43A4-8713-1ACA5750BEDD.png

I don’t think they got the psuedo-self aware meta joke. If you don’t want it to stop being funny because it’s explained, don’t read below.

The dragon is showing off their grasp of “human language” writing and the complexity/new territory of tenses and pronouns that come with it. Given that the black dragon species is noted to be mostly solitary, a language (if there would be one at all) that goes beyond first person and general graffiti (like “I was here” or “INSERT DRAGON NAME HERE territory stay out”) seems unlikely.

The personality of the dragon also bleeds through without being explicitly described, which, to me at least, makes it more entertaining to glean information from it. 

Also, it would seem more likely for a human to be just like his bread than alive and writing down his thoughts, or for someone to just walk out into the wilderness with the desire to randomly give this dragon paper and ink. One should assume that, like any dough that he might have, the above was more or less liberated from a burned hut.

89EA5271-6054-4C02-A702-C3696EAE822C.jpeg

Edited by Montre

@Montre

Well, "I mean the dragon" is indeed a first person phrase. You could say "I means the dragon" or "that means the dragon" or "that's what he calls himself" instead.

@Ruby Eyes

It doesn’t seem likely that he or any other typical of the species would have the foresight to write like that until about a hundred or so attempts and a more experienced teacher, the former of which would require a lot more looted, burned houses (assuming that, unlike in the real medieval periods, the common person was literate and made efforts to write- leather parchment wasn’t cheap then either) and the latter would require socializing with a dragon that would likely be bilingual (and it says they don’t get along with other dragon species in general, unless they’re smaller- and pygmies are said to be less intelligent in general) or (a terrified and likely soon to be dead and eaten for being in the territory, whether by him or his mate) human.

Edited by Montre

The problem is that the rules don't allow for first person. Descriptions aren't meant to be written by the dragon, they should match the rest of the text block that comes before. There is some wriggle room but the reviewer just makes sure that you (and everyone else) will stick to those rule. Otherwise it won't get approved.

12 hours ago, emetib92 said:

Tishavaras wall of Celestials and Nocturnes is going strong! 💪🏻 I wonder just how many are on her scroll? 🤣 

08C000DD-69E7-43A4-8713-1ACA5750BEDD.png

I just looked. Their Nocturnes dragons show from page 28 to page 37. meaning there is a minimum of around 2400-2500 owned by them.

And I thought breeding my 200 Xenowyrms took a long time. :x

I've unlock all the egg except one.
aLyhUgA.png
I look at trade each day in hope to unlock it, I want it to be my first egg from the market 👍