picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

"y-yes pl-pleas" Emily said in a small trembling voice as she tryed to get up again but to no avail, she sat with a thump on the grownd muttering under her breath, a small furry head pop out of her pack and gazed with brite black eyes at the dragons.

(boohoohoo.... my sis thinks she broke her shoulder.... boohoohoo)

Edited by dragonsword

Clara latched her arms around the huge dragon's neck as it lifted her into the air. Wind surge around them even though it was terrifying it was so adventrueous. Opening her closed eyes the girl lifted herself from the dragon's back so that she was not clinging for dear life. The wind whipped her hair against her face then back behind her shoulders, the sun was just leaving the horizon and showering them in gold. "Wohh!" The dragon she was on top of folded her wings and dived sharply just as two sharp, shinny objects flew at them. 'Hold on!' A loud commanding voice filled her head and she looked at the ebony colored dragon as it look her in the eyes. Nodding she obeyed. Down it went, rider and dragon. Something was not right, something was following them she could hear loud roaring behind them and the sound of clashing metal. Then out of no were there was a bright reddish flame that engulfed her and the dragon. "No!" She was thrown off by a massive force and ricocheted against a large tree her dragon into a stone not far from her. With blood outlining her face, Clara opened her eyes but saw nothing but red and heard what sounded like scratching. "Who is there..." The scratching got louder and closer Clara backed against the ground, "help...!" A deep growl was heard, her vision came back and in front of her was a large blue dragon it's eyes as big as her head. Swallowing she screamed as the dragon gapped it's mouth- "AH!" Sweat rolled off her cheek as Clara jumped up from her nightmare. Looking around franticly she sighed and wiped her face with her blanket before sitting herself against a tree. "That was the-" She paused; the sound of scratching hit her ears. Her chest pounded from the rapid increase of her heart, she couldn't see anything cause it was still night only the light of the moon casting down on her let her know she was not dreaming now. Swallowing her eyes locked on the stone, it was moving, it was scratching.

~

That voice...the egg woke up from the voice as it talked to him. Ketu opened his green eyes and let out a loud rumbling sound in his chest. She was talking to him? Suddenly he felt a shift in the weight as Karo lifted him into her arms and started walking, she was still talking. He felt his wings start to grow stiff and small bolts of energy washed over them as he felt her voice hit his ears. Smiling he closed his eyes; his instincts told him to rush and break free of her grip or of the grip of his domain. Growling a bit he waited, he couldn't do that. As she walked he remained still untill she stopped talking and he started to claw at the egg his heart begged to hear her voice. It was now addicting! "Talk to me!" Not so soon she started to talk again and he felt a thud as she placed him down on a hard surface and said something he couldn't quite understand.

There was something about Karo that made Ketu's energy surge through him and want to fight, want to fly, and to love. "Karo...this is you isn't it...?" He knew what his role was when he got out of his egg, when he found a rider. He knew the things that could happen to him or her if he was reckless and he knew that if the right rider showed up that he would take the pain for her/him. Something about that voice made Ketu feel like he had never felt before, he felt free. After the talking stopped and silence collapsed over him he figured she was gone, "No! Come back!" He shifted in his egg and clawed at the side his eyes worried and full of adventure, "please!" He jabbed at he side with his tail and nose trying to break free.

Edited by Sinder

The small dragon kept thrashing within her egg and finally she could feel something shift on top of her egg as if it was sliding to the side. Unknown to her the book that Clara had laid on top of her egg was slowly sliding to the side as she made her egg move in jerky movements and if she could just get the book to move just a little move then she would be able to break out where she had already made large cracks just under the weight of the book. Yet her tiny frame could not take much more as she was still young and her thrashing finally came to a stop as the energy she had gained from being so close to her rider dwindled to the point she knew she had to rest.

Worries came to her mind as she thought she would not be able to break out of her egg and be stuck within this small prison even when her rider just had to be right outside. Only the sounds of her soft chirping could be heard as she hoped that her rider would lift whatever laid upon her egg so that she would be able to break through her prison. 'Help...help me...I want to meet you...let me out., she thought as she chirped and clawed weakly at the top of her egg. She knew her rider was just outside from the sounds she hear through the cracks of her egg and even if she had yet to understand just what is a rider, she knew it was someone she would die for and yearn to always protect. Instinct insisted that she not give up and so she would claw at her egg and chirp as long as she would be able too.

~~

Karo had turned to her small table to pick up the berries as they had been picked a few days before and needed to be ate. Placing the bowel on a thick limb outside so that the birds could feast on the berries that she could not find the will to eat herself. She knew she ate little and the elves who knew her enough would tell her that she should eat more, but really she could not help it that she was not hungry all the time. Emitting a soft sigh she would turn back and enter her small home once more, but Karo would pause as she noticed the green stone moving. "Oh so you are not just a stone then? I have never seen a egg like you though little one and that is saying something from the elf who likes to walk around in our forest.", she mumbled softly as she moved to her bedside.

Keeling down she would place her hand on the egg with a small smile and rubbed the side of the smooth surface. "You wish to get out don't you little one, but if you are not ready then you have to stay a little longer inside. This shell can protect you from anything I am sure as it has done in the forest, but I wonder, little one, where are your parents?", Karo said as she once more lifted the stone like egg into her arms so that she could sit on the bed and then lay the egg into her lap. "You must have been so alone in the forest all by yourself and I am sorry I did not stumble on you sooner. I know how it is to be alone, but I think we both will remedy our loneliness now.", Karo softly said as she leaned on the wall just behind her while starting to rub the egg once more as if to sooth the creature inside. Surly if the small thing was in the middle of the forest them it had been abandoned or lost, but she hoped she could help sooth this with her own presence.

Clara watched as the egg shifted more and more the book on top of the stone. Frowning she crawled over to it and swallowed picking the book off it top of it and gasped at what she saw. "Your not a stone at all...are you...?" The chirping reached her ears and she moved closer to the egg a grin on her face, "here..." Looking at the tiny hole she poked her finger into it and started to peel away the tough shell, it was really difficult. Grunting she looked away annoyed. "This shell of your's is tough..." Looking around she saw her arrow tip that had broke, bitting her lip and reached over and grabbed it and started peeling away this time it worked. Smiling she looked into the egg and tilted her head a bit, "wow...your so pretty...your skin is like your eg-" She crawled back from the egg a bit and her eyes grew a bit, "your a-!" She reached over to grab the book that had rested on top of the egg and flipped open a couple of pages before covering her mouth with a finger. "This can't be right I thought you guys were extinct..." She looked over at the hole in the shell and the chirping, Clara crawled back over and helped the little dragon most of the way out before backing up again. She was scared to touch it, scared to talk she was confused. "They say dragons *swallow* choose a rider. At least that's what this says." She looked at the small book to her side then back at the egg. She felt so wierd talking to a dragon, or if that was even what it was, it looked like one. She had been reading that tiny book most of her life after her parents went away to be riders and had left it behind as a token. She had read that only a rider can get a dragon egg to hatch and then that rider was to be connected to the dragon in some way. She was not sure how though, the book didn't explain for it was mostly of magic. "You know magic?" She looked over at the dragon and talked again, "do you have a name...?"

~

Ketu felt Karo lifted his egg and he chirped loudly trying to get free again. "Karo! Let me out!" He looked around as much as he could in his little egg then something caught his attention. On the tip of his nose was a tiny horn that he could use to get free. With a tiny chirp and smile he coiled his head back and pushed his nose into the wall of the shell. His tiny ivory claws were already starting to push through the shell, his sharp tail lashed around in the tiny area. "Come...on...budge you stupid shell..." He grunted and gave one last push. The shell on the outside began to show where tiny claws were punching through and a tiny hole appeared where his nose was, when he gave that tiny push the egg snapped into five large pieces. Ketu's back was in the 'rock' or 'bent' part of Karo's arms and his tail was tucked inbetween his back legs. What protected Karo from touching him was the thick chunks of shell that had not moved from the cracking. He looked up at her with light green eyes and let out a silent chirp as he gazed apon her, "Karo...hello." He knew she couldn't hear him but she could see him at least. She was there, his rider his reason to live.

((Thought it would be best for you to give her the name Kanya.))

Light flooded her egg as the book was lifted away so that the moonlight could spill inside, but she was to tired to drag herself up to break a larger hole at the top. Yet it seemed she did not have to as something started to break away at her shell and look inside towards her. When the face of her rider showed itself to her she seemed to perk up inside the egg as she tried to crawl up to the hole and into the outside world, but when her rider seemed to jump back she wondered if she had scared her. Surly her rider would not be scared of her right? Being lifted out of the egg a little caused her to tilt her small head to her rider as if asking if she was alright with all of this and what in the world was she talking about.

Hopping down from the top of the egg she would stumble and fall onto her stomach even as she spread her slightly to large wings. A small frown would form on her muzzle as she tried to righten herself to only fall back down as her tail tangles with her hind legs. A soft huff would emit as she just kept herself on the ground this time so that she could look to her rider and try to connect with their minds together, but it would be to hard without their connection being made first. At being asked if she knew magic she would nod her small head, but at being asked her name she would just tilt her head as if to tell her that it was up to Clara on being named. 'Name? I don't have one do I? I just know yours Clara and that was all I needed to know.', she thought to herself as she stretched her neck as much as she could towards Clara. Her snout would hover in the air as she looked towards Clara's hand in wait so that she could make their connection.

~~

Karo would jump a little as the egg broke apart in her hands as she had been looking to the small claws that were poking out the shell to notice the cracks forming. Though she soon got over her shock as she looked to the small creature, but she did tilt her head a little with a small frown. "Why little one you look like a dragon! I know there are still some, but I was under the impression they were either hatched or with that evil man. It would seem you got away from the chaos and I am glad you did little one.", she would say as she lifted her hand to pet the dragon's head, but she hesitated in thought before she touched the dragon. "I can't be the one you were looking for little one...you are to hatch for you rider and I surly cannot be that person could I?", Karo mumbled as she examined the small dragon in her lap and could not help giving a small smile to him as the funny way he was laid out came to her mind.

'There can't be any harm in touching him I am sure...it is not like he will hurt me and I surly could not be the rider he was looking for. I am too weak to be anything like that for a dragon..', she thought to herself with a small sigh. The small dragon was cute to her and the green fit well with the surrounding forest. He would make a fine dragon for any elf of the forest, but she would hate to see the little one go to another. Her mind told her that she could not be a rider, but her heart was pained at the idea of this dragon going to another and the thoughts of hiding him came to her mind. Yet that would be to cruel as that would mean he would never find his rider and she would never wish that on anyone. "Well I don't think you would want me to call you little one all the time as I know you will not be this small for all your life. Do you have a name?", she asked before she would reach out and place her left hand on his forehead so that she could pet him.

Saphira flapped over to the firghtened girl. Using her jaws she grabbed the back-pack and lifted it up, dragging Emily with her Saphira landed back in the battle scence with Nick and Rein. Carefully she set Emily and her pet down onto the ground. She reared her head back and stalked off toward Nick and his dragon. With her huge unblinking eyes she stared at the girl. "Who are you?" Saphira asked.

Clara looked at the tiny dragon and smiled as it stummbled around to get to her. This must have been a good thing, "you are so cute..." At the nod to her first question she felt a wave of energy and warmth wash over her. Magic... Then as it tilted it's head to her asked it's name she frowned a bit, "guess this is an I name you thing huh...?" She sat back a bit as the dragon stumbled forward and reached out with it's muzzle. Smiling she reached out her hand only inches from her tiny snout when she paused and thought outloud, "Kanya...that seems to fit you cause of your color and you are the most beautiful creature I have seen..."

A dragon as a friend...that is something. Can I take care of her though? Of course I can... She looked at the look in the little dragon's eyes and bit her lip reaching out a bit more. She expected the scales to be slimy and sharp like a snakes skin but when she touched the tip of her nose. "Ow!" Clara snapped her hand back as she touched Kanya's nose, it felt warm and solid then again another feeling rushed through her. Like something had hit her head and the weight wouldn't move from the side that it was hit on, it felt like she was part of something else. Then she fell to the ground her eyes partway closed as a pain ran up her arm and through her body, a hot pain which made her eyes swell up with blackness.

After about 10 minutes Clara's eyes blinked open and her handed covered her face from the sunlight that forced it's way into her disliking. "Ugh, my hand." She blinked a few more times and looked straight up at her hand which was red around the palm. In the center of the redness was a irregluar looking scar which, to her, looked in the shape of a dragon's head. Other might say an 'E' form. Sighing she rubbed her head with her other hand and sat up a bit, "god...what happened...?" She looked around now remembering the tiny ebony colored dragon.

~

Ketu let out a tiny chirp as Karo reached out to touch him. "Yes...you are my rider...I know it." He closed his eyes as he pushed his nose into the palm of her hand. His wings jolted as the connection was made and his eyes drooped a bit. He felt his energy rush run through his body and into Karo's hand. He felt her pain as his own, her emotions as his own, her thoughts as his own. "Finally..." His tiny green wings opened up and his eyes flashed wide as he jumped off her lap and onto the place her egg was laid. He rested his head on her lap and looked into her eyes with his own, his tail twitched behind him with excitement. He had a ryder now and was willing to protect as long as he lived, someone he could talk to and share his thoughts with. Someone who cared and would love him. Someone to be his rider. He reached up with his snout once more and licked her hand with his firey red tounge his tiny eyes pleaded to know if she was okay.

((Yeah, anyone who wants to be Zephyr's rider, please post or PM me.))

The silver egg rocked slowly back and forth, waiting patiently. He was in darkness, inside this egg, for who knows how many years. He was hidden away, though he didn't know where, his rider's location was unknown. So many hands had touched the shell of his egg, and none of them had been chosen. Year after year this had happened, and finally he had been stored somewhere unknown, hidden from sight. No one had touched his silver egg for years now, and it was covered in dust. Zephyr was still trapped inside it, searching for the day his rider would come and touch his shell. He was pretty sure he somewhere cold, maybe a castle, or maybe a cave, he did not know.

'Kanya? Yes Kanya will do my rider.', the newly named dragon thought to herself as she met Clara's hand half way. Magic felt like it was crawling upon her scales and to Clara's hand as her eyes slowly drifted close to concentrate to make this as painless as she could. Feeling her rider fall she would shake slightly in worry as she managed to crawl her way to the burnt hand to lick as if she could sooth the sting. She was not yet old enough to use her magic to heal the small burn, but she hoped she would be able to sooth the burning sting as much as she could and be there for her rider when she awoke. The feeling of being able to connect with her rider's mind and always knowing that she could find her rider by this calmed her racing heart, but also she could feel that her rider was alright and only in slight pain. Without Kanya's knowing she slowly placed her head at Clara's side and drifted off into a light sleep.

She did not know how long she slept by her rider, but she knew as she felt the movement and the wakening of another mind that it was time she woke herself. Kanay would lift her head from the ground with a small shake to get the grass that stuck to her scales off and a small yawn making itself known. Feeling that she should wait just a little more before she all of a sudden talked into her rider's mind she would slowly sit herself up so she could examine her rider closer to make sure she was alright. A soft purring like sound would emit from her as from the best that she could feel and see that her rider was in fine health and just pained from the burn. Her tail would wag kicking up bits of grass and dirt as she seen her rider look her way, but without thinking she would lunge at her rider's chest with a high pitched chirp. She might not want to talk yet to her rider in mind so Clara could get used to the feeling of another within her, but she could not stop herself from cuddling to Clara.

~~

As soon as her hand touched the dragon's scales she would close her eyes as white hot pain coursed through her as it traveled from her left hand. A gasp would escape as she tried to jerk her hand back, but it seemed her body did not want to obey and so she settled herself for this painful thing to end. What felt like forever passed before she opened her eyes and from the position of the sun she knew that she must have passed out against the wall at some point. The soft licking of something on her left hand made her wake herself more as she thought back to what happened, causing her to lift her hand up to the waning light to see a oddly shaped burn that would surely scar and looked like it was quickly healing. Blinking in shock she would look down to the dragon as she became more aware and felt something else that seemed to just fit along side her own mind and thoughts. "What...a Gedwey Ignasia? Surely you have the wrong one my little dragon friend...", Karo said slowly as she shifted in her place trying to get the stiffness from her muscles to relax from the tensing and then staying in one place for who knows how long.

Though how could a dragon make a mistake in finding their rider and she knew that the dragon could not have been wrong no mater how she thought about it. The lest she could do was respect the dragon's wishes, but still the doubt came to mind as she thought about the other elves and their words of her lacking abilities in magic. Biting her lip she would reach out with her unwounded hand and pet the dragon with a small smile to show she would be fine. "You have yet to tell me your name little one.", Karo said as she thought about all that happened so far.

((three people to play....some type of writing problem (i write to much I think) and that all equals a really long post.))

Eragon heard Saphira again and took off running faster through the forest until he could just see her blue scales. I can see you know, I'm almost there. He thought while pushing over a small branch in his way. The branch twanged back behind him smacking something as it did so. A few more jogging steps and Eragon was out in the clearing closer to Saphira. He saw another dragon and what looked to be a rider along with one girl sitting by his dragon. Eragon assumed a walking pace now, he nodded to the girl and rested a hand on Saphira, keeping a close eye on the dragon and rider. He kept one hand on his sword hilt just in case. "New company Saphira?" Eragon asked looking up into Saphira's eyes for a moment.

-----

Draith was starting to get irritated by the comments she got from passing soldiers. They all said something about one of their own walking into her room. Two comments seemed highly unlikely but the other few she got seemed to tell the same story. One question crossed her mind, why hadn't they done anything? Another soldier came up to her as she neared her room with the same comment. Draith dismissed him quickly and stalked toward the door before anyone else decided to repeat what was already known to her. Before she was even half to the door it blew open wildly at her command. Draith was through the door in seconds and scanned the room expecting someone to attack her. Nothing. "Guess they lie then, or are paranoid with their safety." She said acting as is she didn't know anything. Draith walked to a small table in the large room by a wall lined with books. She set the book she held down and pulled up a chair but didn't sit, just listened.

------

Zailik watched the door to Draith's room fly open. Crud, she's mad! He thought watching her storm in. His mind was racing along with his heart as he struggled to stay quiet and keep himself from shaking. I shouldn't have gotten in here. Zailik continued to watch Draith stand with her back toward him and listened for anything that sounded like other company. After a good few minutes he decided to announce himself. "Um...Draith." Zailik said standing up and moving out so she could see him clearly.

((edit1: spelling fail! edit2: typing fail!))

((.....*ducks in cover*))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Ketu looked at his rider with a soft flawless young face he could understand her so well now, his emotions of excitement flooded through her. "I have not chosen wrong, Karo." He licked her hand again and crawled up in her laps his pale green wings opened and twitched a bit. He almost lost balance in her lap but he regained it easy as she asked him her question, he felt her touch him and he purred a bit rubbing against her hand like a cat. "I have no name...that is for my rider to chose. Which you are..." He chirped out while tossing his tiny tail around. He lifted his two front feet to her collar bone and tilted his head letting out a 'coo'ing sound.

She was obviosly not sure that his choice as a rider but something in his gut told him different. He loved her and that was visible in his emerald green eyes, "I know this is a lot to take in at one time. However dragon's don't make mistakes!" He said the last part with a loud chirp and he flapped his tiny wings, as the wind collected under the wings he flew backwards off her lap. He landed on his back and his eyes confused, when he rolled over he looked at his wings and flapped them again making unusual sounds. Walking back to his rider he touched his nose to her Gedwey Ignasia letting her feel his connection to her, it was strong.

~

Clara felt extreamly akward as the tiny dragon leapt on her chest and started purring. "Why me...?" She knew what the mark on her hand ment and she knew what it did. She just didn't know that she had to touch the dragon to get it, "Kanya? You like that name I guess." Clara sat up and rubbed her head with her shinning palm only to hiss a bit through her teeth at the soreness. "I'm okay..." She noticed the baby dragon had been really worried about her when she fainted and had curled up next to her while she slept. Smiling she reached out and rubbed under Kanya's chin with her finger as the tiny, ebony dragon purred to her liking. She sat up and pushed Kanya down just enough that she couldn't fall off her lap while she moved. She felt as if something was pulling against her mind like a locked door that she had to open, she felt a strength in her head she had never felt before. Closing her eyes for a second she felt herself open the locked compartment in her brain and in swarmed a flood of emotion. Jumping a bit with supirse she looked at Kanya a laugh coming from her.

"I guess this is the connection huh? I read about it...right here." She reached over and grabbed the tiny black book that she had been reading the night before, the one that was on the egg. "It's my mothers, it has a lot of information about dragons...some of it might not be true though. I thought all dragons had died off..." She looked at Kanya's little eyes a wave of confusion was sent to the small dragon, "I guess you lived huh? Do you have a family?" She didn't know a lot about dragons being she had never seen one in real life, she was bottling up emotions of excitement and thrill from her new friend. "I wonder if she is hungry," she thought, it echoed a bit in her mind which showed how clear the connection was, it suprised her.

Nick watched Saphira drag the girl over and pushed himself up. Rein settled down, watching everything silently. Turning his head instantly to watch Eragon walk into the area. Watching Eragon, he could tell he was being carful. Turning his attention back to Saphira he asked. "What is this Empire you speak of?" He cut lines in the dirt with his sword absent mindedly. Thinking of everything that happened recently, trying to processes it all.

Edited by picknick10

Karo would jump a little in slight shock that the dragon talked into her mind even if she knew from the other older elves that it was the way they talked to each other. It was just something so new to her, but at the same time it was something she felt she could never live without now. 'How did I ever live this long without being connected like this to you my little friend?', Karo thought to herself as she watched the dragon accidentally make himself fall to the floor. It was a good thing her small cot was so close to the floor so she did not worry about if he had hurt himself, but she guessed she would have felt him pain if that had happened. The love and joy directed at her did give her pause as she wondered once more how long she had lived without this and if she could ever bear to go without this little one now that they were connected.

A finger would lift to her lips in thought of a good name for this dragon that seemed to bring so much light that she had not know was missing from her own life. Smiling as she watched the dragon move about and soon a name would seem to come upon her out of no where. "Do you like the name Ketu little one? Seems like it would be a fitting name as it means brightness or comet and I do say both meanings will fit you well.", Karo said as she slid herself from her bed and to the floor closer to her companion. Once more she would let her right hand rest on the dragon, but this time she would rub lightly at his large wings. "You will be a great flyer, but I fear that you will need someone to teach you how to fly and there is no dragons in this area that I know of. They could have been hidden like you, but...well I would not know how to go about finding people to help you learn.", Karo said mostly to herself before she would stand and move over to her bow and arrows. "You have to be hungry little one and I am guessing you will not be like me and eat the berries in the forest. Meat would be the thing you eat and while I hate killing animals...well I do not want to see you hungry either.", Karo said with a small smile as she thought that she would just have to pray for forgiveness about killing other life forms.

~~

Kanya chirped with joy as she nuzzled Clara's hand, but she did so with care as she was still a little frightful of harming her dear rider. Before Clara could move her so that she could sit up without making her fall, she would give Clara a small lick to her cheek in a odd version of a kiss to give her approval of her new name. The constant low feline like purring would never stop, but it did hesitate a little when she felt Clara's mind open even more. 'Aw so you have opened up have you my dear rider?, Kanya thought to herself as she wrapped her tail around Clara's wrist as best as she could. The feeling of joy and just pure love for her rider would seep through their bond and Kanya would do nothing to lower these emotions from her rider. It would be well that Clara knew she had found her dragon and that from now on she would be taking care of her dear rider. A small amount of protectiveness would seep in as she thought to herself that no one would ever come to harm her rider if she had any say in it.

At hearing the question she would nod her head and then look down to the book that was pulled over to them. The words within this book looked to be written along time ago and the scent of aged parchment clouded her nose causing her to sneeze and paw at her muzzle. Wings would have shot open at the sneeze, but she would make sure that they would not hit her rider and Kanya would quickly pull them back to her body in embarrassment at her body's reaction. Looking up to Clara when she spoke she would tilt her head a little as she thought about what a 'family' would be, but at hearing her rider's thoughts she would purr a little louder. "You are my family my dear rider and I will be fine for now. You must hunt for yourself first and then we shall worry about me.", Kanya would say softly in her rider's mind so not to startle her to much.

((Anyone can find Zephyr's egg....Lilitha *signals her* it doesn't have to hatch for them or anything..))

The silver egg rocked back and forth again, searching for the presence of any nearby humans with it's mind, but failing. Zephyr's mind skills usually only worked near humans, and he had not felt a presence for many years from where he was, wherever that was. He cursed the people who had placed him here. Were they trying to protect his egg from a threat? Were they safeguarding him for future times? Or had Zephyr been forgotten, left behind as a secret? Zephyr did not know, and peeped mournfully.

((....hello Nick.))

Eragon watched the other rider for a moment before speaking, taking his hand off Saphira for the time being. "Basicaly its a large group of people trying to harm or control the dragon riders that are left. That group is ruled by a king named Galbatorix who is actually a rider himself." Eragon spoke of this quickly to the rider and his dragon and to the girl if the girl was listening along.

-----

Draith turned around quickly when she heard a noise from behind her. A red light lit the room for the short distance it needed to make contact with the presence. She had a small fireball at the ready in case this first spell should be deflected.

----

Zailik barely knew what hit him. He wailed, feeling the immense pressure from this spell hit him square in the chest. It sent him hurdling backward into the wall behind him, knocking everything near him off what they stood on. Char marks were everywhere and he could have sworn he was dead and dreaming as he saw Draith walk toward him smiling, fireball in her right hand.

((.....ha! I could have added more....but didn't, I'm actually enjoying this just the way it is. Now if only I could do this to my neighbor!))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Ketu let out a tiny bellow as his rider spoke to him. "Ketu, that will do my rider. That will do." His eyes sparkled in the light that seeped in through their surroundings, "flying is something passed down from dragon to hatchling my dear Karo." He jumped off his cot as she stood up and started walking to her bow and arrow his huge wings tucked neatly at his side and his tail dragging the ground. "I want to go outside, I must go with you!" He jumped to her side almost as soon as she grabbed her weapon and purred his scaly head turned to the side, "I can hunt on my own...I just need something to hunt. I can even take down a huge deer." He stuck his tiny head up in pride and raised his wings to match with a loud purr her bellowed deep in his chest a roar which, to Karo's ears, would sound more like a bird chirping loudly.

As he looked up at his rider he noticed how strong she must have been and how lucky he was. A wave of emotions washed through their connection which made him wonder if she was really going to kill deer just so he could eat, he could tell she didn't really want to. That only made her connection with him stronger and closer, she was willing to kill something just to feed him and he knew he was willing to kill to defend her and do anything to make her happy. With a quick glance around he chirped, "this is a funny part of the woods...I have never been inside a tree before." The young green dragon was talking of the room they were in, how the walls surrounded them and the odd smells that touched his sharp nose. He wanted out of the tree object badly but he was not going to leave unless his rider did, something told him she was not to leave his site or his connection, if she did then he would put not only her in danger but himself too.

~

Clara let out a small gasp as the young dragon licked her cheek and returned the gift with a small kiss to the dragon's nose tip. When Kanya started to talk to her her face went a bit pale but then relaxed a bit at the comforting feeling that being able to talk to her brought. "I was curious about what this new feeling in my head was...it felt like I had something connected to me, or attracted." She smiled looked in her pack that normally held emergency food, she was hungry to but Kanya was a baby. "It's okay Kanya, I was going to go and hunt this morning. I have some dried up meat...it's not that good anymore cause it's not been kept in the cool air..." A wave of regret washed over her as she pulled out a packet of meat wrapped up in leather from hide of a deer and was twinned up with vines, "well I don't know this might be good." She unwrapped the meat and looked at it's brown figure, then leaning forward a bit she sniffed it. The strong smell of the ration hit her nose and made her pull back a bit but not in a bad way at all, "well it still smells fresh and looks good. We can share it then I'll go hunt some rabbits once we are done."

Taking out some stones crawled over to a small area that was encircled with smooth stones and ringed with ash which told of the long time having been in that one spot. "I have made a camp fire in one area so that the animals won't come around here. I'm not sure if that was smart but it keeps the wolves and other animals out that are not allowed here." She reached over and rubbed Kanya's wings and tilted her head a bit, "riders are supposed to ride their dragons when they get older...I have no experience with trying to helping dragons fly but, I have helped birds." Instantly she felt embarrassed, "not that you are anything like a bird bonita it's just that's the only thing that flies that I can compare you too." She sat down and pulled some of the meat off a stick that had been cooked and plopped it in her mouth before tearing off a piece of the raw meat and handing it over to Kanya. "Please be careful...this is my good hand," she laughed a bit while holding the ration over her new friends nose.

After strapping on her quiver and slinging on the bow she would pause as she looked to her sword, but it would not hurt to take this also and so she would tie the cloth to hold it on her hip. With this done she would turn back to her little friend with a smile as she bent down to pick Ketu up in her arms while being mindful of her hand and his wings. Resting him as much as she could in her left arm so that she could scratch lightly under his chin while laughing softly at the chirping like sound he seemed to try and pull off as a roar. "I was not going to leave you and really I guessed you could hunt, but I do not want you to come to harm if your pray was to fight back.", she said softly and could not help leaning down and kiss his forehead. The emotions she had felt from Ketu caused her to pause a little as she wondered why it would have been such a shock to kill for the young dragon, but his words would make her mind wonder away from that topic as she looked around to her small home. "I guess it would be a little odd for a dragon to be inside a tree, but really this has been my only...well I cannot call it a true home...more like a place to rest. You would be to large soon to even get inside so I think I will be needing to find another place that we could stay at when that time comes.", Karo said a little distractedly as she went through the places within the forest that might make a good home for her and Ketu.

Even while thinking about this she would step outside and she did not bother to climb down the tree seeing as she could just jump down without harming herself. Her arms would tighten around Ketu to make sure he would not slip out of her arms and that his wings were close to his sides so that the wind would not catch them before she would leap down from the lowest branch around her small home. Landing in a crouch and with one hand she would look around to make sure no one was around, but of course there was no elf around this part of the forest nor would they be unless they wanted something from her. Sighing softly she would stand and start to walk to a clearing she knew that laid not to far away where doe and rabbits liked to spend their time. "Well what kind of food do you want right now? Any animal you have in mind little one?", Karo said as she absentmindedly petted along Ketu's back.

~~

"I am connected to you as you are connected to me, my dear rider.", Kanya said with joy as her rider seemed to be taking this very well, but she had a guess this book that Clara owned had something to do with this a little. She watched a little curious at to Clara was doing, but already her protective and somewhat motherly instincts took hold of her even if she only hatched a few hours before. Yet she would keep quite until she felt the regret that came from her rider causing a soft whine to emit. The smell of the meat did cause her to notice she was more hungry than what she was willing to show to her rider, but she knew that her rider must be hungry also and so she would only tilt her head at Clara's words.

Feeling that Clara wanted to move, Kanay slipped off of her rider's lap and followed her closely as if she feared of being left behind. Once Clara stopped to where the fire was she would just plop down on her stomach while watching closely to the fire as if it was about to jump up and attack her riders hands. Knowing the small dragon she would have very well tried to swipe at the flames with her tiny claws if her rider was burnt as her mind, while already devolved a lot in this short time, was still only that of a hatchling. Her stare to the fire would only be broken when she felt her wings being rubbed at and so her wings would open slightly as they were rubbed while a loud purring like sound emitted from her and causing her eyes to drift closed until they were only open to a slit. "I understand Clara, but I think I will be okay when it comes to the time I will need to fly. And I am somewhat like a bird I suppose...I do have wings no? Though I do think scales are better than those feathers~", Kanya said with a somewhat singing like tone as she said the last part to show her rider she was not angry or anything about being compared slightly to a bird.

Happiness grew as she watched her rider eat some of the meat that Clara pulled from her pack, but when some was held out to her she would tilt her head slightly to the side. "This will be all and you will eat the rest Clara. We will go hunting together for those rabbits and then we will worry about me eating when there is plenty.", Kanya said gently to her rider as she sniffed at the raw meat and taking it gently from her rider's hand. Her motherly like instincts would not really allow her to eat any more than was needed as Clara would be her first priority, but she knew that is Clara told her she had to eat then she would eat more even if she wanted Clara to have the rest. Chewing on the meat she could not help but purring at the taste and her tail swaying on the ground wondering if all the animals would taste like this. As an after thought she would nuzzle Clara's leg while saying, "I am sorry about your hand, but it should heal quickly. I would never hurt you and I will not let anyone hurt you if I have a say in it."

(sorry I had to go to get my sis but I'm back now)

"my name is Emily.. Emily swordflash" Emily said waching eragon as he walked toward them, and started talking she didn't pay attention since she whas waching her pet, he whas staring at nick so intently like he knew him from some where. Emily looked at him too wondering where he came from and why.

(I forgot my forms Nick- what do I do? And yeah, I'm still RPing Tesni. Tesni'll still be Arrow's Rider right? Anyone going to be Coryn's Rider? *Looks around* Oh yeah, Nick, can I make a second dragon?)

Tesni settled herself in the shooting range. She fit three arrows onto her dark rose wood bow and squinted down the shaft. A musical twang sounded as she let the string go and the arrows flew down the range, one after another hitting dead center. Tesni strode up and inspected her work. The second and third arrows had split the first. With a quick word in the ancient language, she mended the first and stuck them back in her quiver. She wondered where Arrow was, smiling as the memory of her young white dragon shakily gliding over the treetops as she enjoyed this new sensation of flight.

Coryn flapped his luminous wings once or twice and did a somersault in mid-air. He watched Tesni practice her archery below, tucking his wings in and diving towards the range. Hello Tesni. He snorted, blowing air into the young elf's face.

Tesni smiled and patted Coryn's shoulder. He had become a good friend to her while Arrow, being the stubborn little hatchling she was, had flew off to survive on her own a bit. Tesni could still feel their mental link nagging at the back of her mind. How do you think Arrow is? She asked, leaning on the great gold dragon.

Coryn let out a coughing growl and a small tongue of flame shot from his mouth. Arrow is too stubborn to die Tesni, and you know that. He snorted again and touched his nose to Tesni's shoulder. Don't forget it.

Edited by Hollyleaf

(Um...Holly, we're starting over as nothing had happened in the last what... 156 posts? So Arrow would still be in her egg and Coryn... I'm not sure. Plus I changed Arrow's personality a bit... OK a lot (two words, not one) ....Ok the exact oppisit when I sent in my form to Nick since I lost it and he lost it.

Saphira blinked down at Eragon. "Well met Emily Swordflash." Saphira swung her head to Nick and Rein. "It is your descision to join the Varden or not." She told them. "Hello Eragon." It was confusing abit to talk to so many humans at once. "Are you going to join the Varden?" Saphira asked again.

Edited by Saphira BrightScales

"uh hi" Emily mumbled still looking at nick, her pet juped on to her shoulder blinking up at saphira, then for no reason glided up to one of the spikes on her head, and started chatering and waving his tail in the air. Emily called to him in small chirps and he jumped back on her shoulder, she scolded him and told the dragon she was sorry he did that and poot him into her pack glansing at nick.

(Yeah well... Cory's going to be already hatched because well... yeah. <3)

((I've got nothing to say for Eragon....))

"Well, well. Looks like you took a turn for the worse pretty quickly." Draith said ending the second spell and glancing at the char marks on the wall and the young boy. She laughed quietly enjoying this small scene until a guard stepped in. Draith turned around unhappily and quickly forced the guard out, shutting the door with a loud slam and locked it. She turned back to Zailik. "If you can speak I'd like to know your name." Draith took note of what had burned while waiting for Zailik to speak, a few books she'd memorized and mostly the wall. Maybe some of these half-wits will learn one-of-these-days that sneaking up on me is a huge and dangerous mistake. She thought smiling the cruel smile of hers.

----

Zailik gasped for breath realizing he was, in fact, still alive. His whole body hurt and he was sure something beside him was smoldering, or was it him? Zailik's voice cracked as he spoke. "My name....is Zailik. I didn't...mean..." He stopped unable to speak more, the pain in his chest was to much. Great, turns out I was right about her going to kill me! Nice going Zailik! How do you explain this to your dead father? He thought closing his eyes in pain as he breathed.

Zailik opened his eyes and watched Draith a moment, trying to breath while he thought. Her smile worried and scared him. She wasn't like this when I saw her before, although she was leaving. More thoughts like that crossed his mind in few minutes the shade stood with that unnerving smile of hers. Zailik tried to speak again and found a few words did come out but only in gasping high pitches. "I...didn't mean...to...scare you." The last words barely came but he hoped Draith would hear him.

(He's supposed to be I dunno... a hundred years old now?)