picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

Will nodded. alright, that sounds like the best plan for right now" he replied and looked at the two before him before tencing and gripped one of Akira's spikes.

((I'm unsure whether or not Akiraa wishes to post again before I respond... and, on top of that, I've been extrememly busy sorting out life (life likes hating this year for me sadly) so until one of those prevails, I don't really know what exactly to post.

It looks, and reads, for Akiraa's last post that she wishes to post again. And I, being one of carefully not screwing up people's experiences or plans, am hesitant for the small fact that if I respond, I may ruin any plan the purple dragon might have in mind, or her creator may have planned. I haven't been able to send pms though (computer's fault, not site's... something I don't get) so I'm getting that sorted out too.

As for Jayes, he cannot respond for having nothing to respond too, otherwise this would have him in it.))

As soon as Will gave confirmation and was on tight, Akira cut off the stream of fire and quickly took to the air at the same time.

((*knows she was being somewhat paranoid about her posting processes* But hello, and thank you Akiraa smile.gif *apologizes if this post becomes short*))

Zailik was relieved, only slightly, when Akira stopped her fire. He was confused, though, when she took to the air. A glance back showed Draith kneeling now but letting up on a faintly shimmering shield that bent the air as it protected her still. That disappeared and the shade slowly stood back up, casually brushing herself off without any indifference to the menacing dragon above them.

He didn't know what was worse: that the shade didn't seem angry, or the the dragon and shade hadn't managed to kill each other yet.

But the soldier opened his mouth to speak, subsequently and forcefully shoved to the ground as he did so by the shade's magic. Now she was taking it out on him.

Draith was tired after the stand-off, but she didn't plan to let that up and give in.

She casually walked over to the pinned soldier and looked up to Akira with a blank expression. "He's not very good at explaining this is he?" She asked like it was any old conversation they had been having at an inn. But her magic used on the soldier got a bit more forceful, causing the man to cry out slightly before having all process of sound shut off. "Much better mute than screaming when you want something done properly." She muttered, turning her gaze to Zailik. "The little stunt you tried pulling was appreciated at first, though after a while it got tiring and rather dangerous."

The soldier's confused and terrified stare probably made the situation a bit worse. He never did like being the scape-goat, especially not a mute one.

((Having a response does help a conversation. xd.png))

"Well for now all we can do is hope that she's okay," replied Astraea. She ducked down into the long grass and stayed perfectly still. The hatchling could be sneaky if she tried to. Silently, she took a few steps forward, if you looked very closely you could see a shimmer; other than that though she was as hidden as a lion in the grass.

Abruptly her head popped up with some sort of a smile on her face. "Okay, I think I'm ready as I'll ever be. But if Draith shows up..." Astraea shivered at the thought. "I guess if she shows up we'll try to sneak away."

What would I do if Draith actually attacked me? She probably would've killed me if she wanted to though earlier.... But she would care about Jayes...

She seemingly used to be one of us until now. Why Draith? Why would you betray people that accepted you even when your kind is associated negatively? The thought of being betrayed sunk in. She betrayed us, thought the dragon to herself in a very angry tone.

Edited by fuzzzzj

((Perhaps. My Random hasn't decided.

I will let DS know of our need of her Akiraa smile.gif maybe I finally did something right and have something to give her to post too. I doubt it, as I never seem to do anything of the sort, but we'll see.))

Jayes followed alongside Astrea. "Sneaking will be what's going to happen. We'll just have to be a bit extra careful." He added, hoping to whatever gods were bothering to watch them that they would allow the sneak attack/rescue to go off without anyone loosing scale nor skin.

Astrea's next question bothered him slightly. He didn't know how to answer. "From what I know of Akira, I would say she could. However..." He paused for a moment, debating to let the little dragon know or not. The more information on the shade spread around, the better. Sometimes.

"I've seen some undeniably horrifying things Draith can do... and with seemingly little effort. If anything, Akira's got her work cut out for her. Not only is Draith the most powerful magic-user I've known, she also seemed to have kept her highly stubborn streak." He informed the dragon rather gravely. Memories of Draith's 'accident' were flooding back to him again. Those memories were certainly unpleasant, for both sides of the matter. He shook his head to clear his mind, continuing on with readiness to answer any question Astrea might have on that comment. He walked right into that wall, but Astrea had a right to know. Especially if Draith would be sticking around for a bit longer.

((That was in response to Astrea's second recent post wink.gif ))

Jayes followed Astrea somewhat. He had moved off from her a little bit, crouching down low to not drawn too much attention to himself. He was slightly surprised the dragon didn't have further questions, but somewhat expected that. Elbereth was more important at the moment, and he was ready to attack any staggling soldier who decided to abate that.

Except Draith. Nobody was really ever ready to attack her. Anyone foolish enough to do so with a choice certainly had a deathwish. Yet, he couldn't help but wonder if she would show the same courtesy he would show her if they ever got into a fight. It wouldn't end well; but then, it never did end well for any fight anymore no matter who it was with.

((DH, I meant it'd be helpful for you if you had a response from me.)) Astraea made it to where the trees began. Here, she hid in the brush just like last time. It feels good doing something at last! I feel like I'm just a little bit more important. The dragon was grateful for the forest. Forests offered so many places to hide for someone small like her.

((Heh, see, I read it wrong and... yeah, that happened xd.png Sorry Fuzz. I'll work on reading this right from now on smile.gif ))

Jayes picked a tree wide enough for him to hide behind but still be in view of Astrea. He leaned to the left a bit, looking past a few trees to see if he could find any sign of Elbereth or anyone else. Remnants of the plants the elf had used still hung about, along with singed spots where fire had been. Bodies were strewn about in random places, some even flung into lower tree branches from the plants.

So if anyone's alive... they're lucky. The magician thought, leaning back against the tree in case anyone had actually began to see him. He let Astrea know it was clear from where he could see though; hoping that even if it wasn't, she'd be able to move around undetected.

In the distance he also noticed Akira and Will up in the air now. He hadn't noticed their take-off but the cleared view of the area they were in showed that Draith was up and about. Tormenting Zailik if he had to guess. The soldier didn't look at all to be enjoying anything that was going on.

But Jayes moved on, rushing to another tree close by and as silently as possible. He hoped stealth would finally be on his side- the action reminding him of a few memories of his childhood- this time and that no soldier would decide to try and decapitate him. He still remembered the multiple times he and Layel would sneak out of the city to practice their swordmanship. Occasionally the guard patroling would notice, but Layel's quick thinking had saved them both on more than one occasion. She hadn't, however, exactly succeeded in making him a master at stealth. He considered her to be one, naturally as she was basically his mentor on the matter, but he still made mistakes now and then. Hopefully at this time it wouldn't be so. He had learned a lot over the years and decided just now that if anyone was going to notice them sneaking around, it was going to be Draith. No soldier would get the chance to try their hand at Astrea with him nearby.

((It's okay DH, my post was a bit vague.))

The young dragon looked around the area while hiding in the bushes. Death everywhere... So many bodies. Come on Astraea, get a hold of yourself. You are a dragon! She saw the evidence of Akira's fire and Elbereth's plants. Elbereth... How much energy did you use? Please be alright.

The hatchling assumed that all the soldiers scattered about were in fact dead. She saw that Akira and Will were now in the air, which was very reassuring.

Astraea then noticed Jaye's all clear and she replied with an all clear back using her mind to send a picture of what she was seeing. Well I'm glad no one alive is here so far... But I can still smell the smokey scent of the fire. Draith must be somewhat nearby.

The young dragon weaved through the brush to a pile of debris that was closer to the plants. It's been some time sense these plants were doing Elbereth's bidding. Her scent is also somewhat stale. ((I'm assuming at least a few hours have passed since Astraea left.)) I guess I'll start looking around here for her.

((Ack, welp, k. I fixed my internet (went down on the 27th for no apparent reason....) and am back smile.gif I also pm'd Akiraa and DS, figuring somewhere here would be a wonderful time for them to post.))

Jayes' skill with stealth hadn't failed him just yet, but he did notice that there was a soldier straggling nearby another tree. He wasn't moving, but stood rather upright against the tree. Jayes couldn't see the soldier's face, but judging by his somewhat slumped appearance, he could guess well that this soldier was hurt and probably still very scared by the dead plant that hung limp nearby. He could relate to that fear; those plants looked terrifying before when they attacked anyone who came too close.

So Jayes tread carefully and slowly pulled out his sword as quietly as he possibly could. The slight noise it did make caused the hurt soldier to flinch, but something made him not turn around or even move more than that. Jayes' mind was saying killing this man wasn't fair, but it also said that it could be. He'd be put out of his pain. But as the magician got closer, he knew it wouldn't be completely justified. Something about it right now didn't seem right.

He came close enough to the soldier to tell just how badly he was hurt, and immedietly wished he wasn't hesitating to kill this man. He would never wish that for someone, but those plants Elbereth created surely did their work well. Yet, even this close, the soldier did not move. He opened his mouth to speak however, but did not. Instead, he stared at the limp plant as if he expected either the plant or Jayes to kill him.

Elbereth finally gave up on searching and sat down by a tree, to tired to move much more. She had exerted a lot of energy in that little stunt, but it had done it's job. She just hoped Astarae was alright. But she would have to find her little hatchling later, when she had more energy. No matter how badly she wanted to find her little hatchling, she could barely move now from exhaustion.

--

Akira watched the commotion and growled, but didn't make a move to try and stop the shade. Hers and Will's life was first priority, after all. Especially Will's.

((Heheh, long time no see Nick smile.gif Yep, I've been modded and have continued to help out as much as possible. How's life for you?

And to everyone else: please pardon me for disappearing... a combination of internet problems, the peak of marching band season, college visits and school prevented me from posting here or really even coming on more than my 'usual' pop-in/out sort of thing I do. Still no DS response either to pm or email.... hm... well, I hope she's doing alright and having fun.

now let's see here..... ya know what, in order to post properly, I'll edit this once I get back from school. Or make a new post if someone decides to add in an extra bit for me to respond off of smile.gif either way. Sorry too though, seeing as I thought I had enough time.))

((PArtly a bump, partly a 'yes I disappeared again' notice. I should be back more... but I see no one else really quite is back yet, can't blame you.

If, though, I do disappear again... college process for applications is taking up what little free time I have from it. I should be back shortly after the supposed disappearance, if not, email me is best.))

Zailik almost wished he could still scream. Almost. He didn't completely as he knew it would give Draith too much satisfaction from it- if it hadn't already just by causing the searing pain to coarse through his entire body. He probably looked like some ragged animal right about now; certainly one in pain at least. But part of the soldier figured he could understand why the shade was doing this, yet part of him didn't. She was angry, sure- anyone could be, and hurt from the looks of it. Burns were present, as were some cuts and a few gashes still bleeding. She seemed upset too, probably with him, but also not as upset or angry as he figured.

Yet, oddly enough, as soon as the pain started it also ended. He still wasn't able to speak or even make a sound though as Draith allowed him to move freely once again. For now.

"So what is your decision dragon?" The shade had turned her attention back to Akira and Will, though the question was being asked in a more fitting and cold tone to the situation. She was waiting for anything, even silence, from the dragon but expecting to be shot with fire or even so low as an arrow from Will. Someone had to take that chance sometime, and now was a perfect time for it.

~~~~~~

Jayes decided to not kill the soldier and went to work trying his best to help heal the wounds. It was rather futile but he was going to try. Astrea, I may be a few moments... i found a soldier who could use some help rather than a deathwish. He informed the small hatchling, also noticing movement a bit further off near a tree. He played that off to it being the hatchling, though it seemed bigger than he remembered her being. Maybe Elbereth? Or another soldier. Either one.

Regardless, Jayes was working now to heal the worst of the wounds this soldier had. As he did so, he noticed the soldier seemed to gradually become more aware of what was going on. "Hopefully you understand I don't have to do this." Jayes commented, once he realize the soldier's gaze was plastered to him now. A slight nod sent the magician back to work. The soldier's breathing slowly became more natural as well, and some ragged syllables could be heard occasionally. It was tiring on Jayes, though the wound wasn't as complicated as he had originally feared. It was deep, fatal, but still rather simple to fix. Taxing too, though he could supliment that later.

A little while later, Jayes quit. He was as finished as he could make it. The wound was scarred, though maneagable and certainly not life-threatening anymore. "Th-thank you." The soldier managed, coughing slightly now that the magician had moved and stood back up. "I still didn't have to do it." He mentioned indifferently, wanting to make sure the soldier remembered so he would hopefully be less likely to kill them. Another nod. "I understand that. I still mean the thanks however." He responded, not wavering from Jayes' gaze. He made no move from the tree though.

"Here... this might help you later too." Jayes handed him a small pouch of his rations. It was taken with little hesitation, and another thank you added. Only a nod was given as Jayes walked away. There wasn't much else he could do for the soldier now.

I would like to be added, but how do i determine my rider?

Egg

Username: JerimiahDevitt

Name: Svetta

Personality: A friendly dragon, but quick to anger. has great abilities, but sometimes stubborn.

Color: Wine Red

Rider: i don't know. i'm not sure what to do about that.

Other: rather tall, and lean, but muscular. long dagger-like claws, and a rather triangular face.