picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

Saphira roared. She opened her jaws and tried to free the rider and dragon. Bones crunched and snapped every time she bit the undead. "Eragon!" She cired in her mind as the boney hands started to grasp her. She contiued to bite the bones and flesh as they grasp tighter around her and Rein and Nick. "Arget" She roared. Energy poured from her as a sheild produced around them. Saphira stopped for she rembered that they were coming out of the ground. She contiued biting but her claws and tail was held firmly in place.

Edited by Saphira BrightScales

Nick drew his sword and hacked at the hands and arms. It seemed useless. Every hand he destroyed another seemed to take its place. This was getting them no where. He closed his eyes, preparing the breach the barior in his mind and tap into the energy.

Saphira was tierd. Everytime a hand rose up out of the ground, another rose where she just took it. She wondered. Taking a deep breath she opened her jaws and flames licked out but it did nothing. Sighing she contiued to bite and snatch up hands and flesh from the ground.

(Why did you bring in an army of undead Nick?)

((I'm lost...completely and utterly lost....least the storm went away. Total windows broken: 4 total windows broken in ten minutes: 4 total pieces of glass that got stuck in my arm: I haven't a clue. *posts for Draith before she annoys herself to death*))

Draith was close to hitting Zailik when he came up the stairs. "Watch you comments." She said simply, deciding things would go better without violence for the time being. She walked up more flights of stairs, stopping along the way so Zailik could catch up. When they reached a large door, Draith pushed it open and walked inside. It was a large room but was almost empty save for a few chairs and a table. "Look for a small piece of paper around the chairs." Draith said hoping Zailik wouldn't ask why.

-----

Zailik wondered into the room after Draith and was interrupted by her voice. "Okaay..." He said softly, making his way over to the chairs. He watched Draith wonder to the back of the room and disappear into the darkness behind another door. No papers were scattered where he was but Zailik continued to look until Draith came back. There was one last place he checked as Draith walked up to him and that was the underside of the table. One small corner of paper was slipped between a space where table and leg met. Zailik wrenched it free from the spot and showed it to Draith. "Either that's it or someone else got it..." He said, handing over the corner.

-----

Eragon hacked away at the hands as they reached for him and Emily. He burned a few off of Emily as they continued to pop up out of nowhere. "Stop coming up already!" He yelled throwing a hand off his shoulder. He noticed Saphira seemed to be stuck and maneuvered to help free one of her claws. This isn't working! Eragon thought to Saphira as he slashed a few hands and arms off of Saphira. More popped up grabbing Eragon's legs which he tried to get rid of. "Who's doing this!?"

((paper....and why I did that won't be explained later. Oh and Kokay said they'd be coming back, maybe....tomorrow's out for them as well as for me....))

((nick you can be cruel at times as far as what shows up here but an undead army? Anything better or is this your best? *ducks behind large wall*))

((and I'm gone until likely friday....but after that I have two weeks off!!! Yay no school! but only after friday's school day is over....sad sad thing. only bad thing about two weeks off is neighbor...and crazy town....mostly neighbor but I'll hopefully live through their schemes....they already think I'm trying to take over my town, who knows why my town's crazy....I wish I lived in Ohio with my cousin dry.gif ))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

(You guys and gals (I think just gals) kept saying Rein and Nick wern't coming so I had to make a reason up this is all your fault!)

(Dragonhatchling, are you trying to provoke me? I could always start the armagedon and kill us all! *grins evily as earth begins to rumble and crack, lava spewing up.*)

As the wind picked up, the hands suddenly stopped. They started to crumble away and turned into a sand like substance, carried away in the harsh wind. Nick had been pulled down into the earth, the only thing still above ground was his head. "Ow" he said uncomfortable as the rain poored down, the wind continuing to strengthen.

(I think ye had enough for now, Rein has a reason for not coming so I'm satisfied.)

(.....*dances around playing my saxaphone*)

Karo had felt the string of dislike from Ketu, but really she had no clue what this had came from and she would leave it be for now. Surely he would tell her what caused that brief feeling and she would not be the one to rush anything from anyone. She would not want to be questioned to much on any pain or sadness from her side from Ketu until she felt open to talk about it. While her past was not as sad as it could have been in these times and Karo was glad that she could be of help to her own people, but she did lose her parents early and had no one to sooth her pains or loneliness when coming back from the harsh training or teasing from others. She would hold back a sigh as to not startle any creatures in the area and focused more on her surroundings as she did not really want to be caught off guard by anything in these woods. "Carry me? Well that does seem fun if that includes flying in the air my friend. I have always wondered what it would be like to be up there and not just on the ground or trees., Karo replied to his first comment with a somewhat shaky voice as she was not yet used to this way of talking. Elves she knew could use this method of communication, but really it was like any other magic she just could not seem to get the grasp of.

When Ketu started to wiggle slightly in her arms, she would kneel down so that he could get down as he had asked. Even though she oddly felt like she wanted to just pick him right back up again so that he would not be far from her or the small fear that this was just going to be all a dream. "I am not hungry little one and I do not eat the meat of other animals unless it is a last resort. The choice on your meal would be all up to you.", Karo said with a small smile as she let her hand rub from the top of his head to the middle of his back before she would stand back up. "I am quite sure you would be much better at tracking than me little one and even better at hunting soon enough.", she said with a small laugh in her tone. Her hand would start to reach for her bow, but she would pause as she looked down to ask if he would prefer trying to hunt on his own. Though Karo would be following him closely behind to make sure that nothing would go wrong and with her bow and arrow at ready.

~~

"You must be careful when you use those words my dear rider, but yes that is the word for fire if my instincts are right.", Kanya said as she turned her gaze to her rider a little worried that she knew some of the Ancient language. Only the worry that Clara would fall under such a spell if she did not know how much she could hold out caused her to think about ways she could find the elves and beseech them to train her rider and possibly herself. Yet she would not close up on the subject if her rider truly wanted to know more from what Kanya knew by instinct alone. "I am sorry to hear that Clara, but we might be able to help your parents if we are able to meet them one day. If you truly wish it then I will do my best to make sure that you will get what you wish if it is safe for you.", Kanya said as she stood and nuzzled at her rider's arm.

At the change of subject she would not fight to go back and talk about what pained her rider. If anything she was slightly glad that Clara would stray from those topics if it would spare her the pain she felt and even as she sent the feeling of love and protectiveness back, it would of course never take the pain away fully. "I have known you for a long time Clara and even if you did not know it, you have known me by soul for just as long.", Kanya replied as Clara lifted her from the ground and a soft purring would emit that she was sure her rider could feel if only slightly. Curious as to where they were going, but also to all the new surroundings she would contently look around before she was sat once more on her feet. "This is somewhere that will be safe for us to learn for now and it will be I who will protect you soon enough. Yet I know you wish to leave this place and if you wish to hold out until I can fly us, then I will take you to the Elves to learn as much as you wish about dragons and other things.", Kanya said softly and slightly hesitant as she knew this just might then make her rider want to join in the war. Yet she would not hold her rider back from what she truly wished to do and she would always be to her rider's side as a shield and protector from any that would pose her harm.

Even lost in her thoughts she could hear the running of a small creature and the smell that was carried upon the light wind. Yet it was when Clara announced it was time to hunt that she turned to face where she could still hear the rabbit head off to. Once more instinct would take over as she saw the glint of the dagger her rider pulled out and the idea of hunting the small creature would cause her to give chase. Yet by pure luck another rabbit seemed to have been spooked into running right into Kanya causing them both to trip over each other, but tiny talons would grip onto the rabbit's hide to hold it in place. "Do you wish to get the other one or will this be enough for you?", Kanya said with a somewhat prideful tone even if the catch was dumb luck seeing as it would never have been so easy otherwise. Still she would go after something else for herself, but again her first concern was for her rider's hunger.

((Kanya got that rabbit by pure luck, the poor thing. I will be sure not to let that happen again until she fully grown while in daylight. Would think it would be extremely easy for animals to see her black/violet scales unless it is nighttime. More like a 'tracking' dragon than a 'hunting' one oddly for now. Also she will be getting that whole 'I do not really like killing animals, but I know I must for food' will be coming up soon I guess.))

Ketu looked up at his rider the sun reflecting from his eyes like the dew on the grass. "I won't leave your side Karo...I never want to and never will. That is my promise to you." He noticed her blank off for a bit while she thought of something and his tiny heart skipped a beat, what was bothering her? He nosed her hand lovingly then walked forward his nose to the ground, "flying is going to be fun my rider! We will do loops and twirls," he purred while making quick jerking movements with his wings. When she touched his head and complemented his ability to hunt he looked back up at her with pride in his eyes, "I will help you. Why don't you hunt though? Do you eat only veg..veg.." He crossed his eyes and though for a second trying to find out what the word was called, "things that deer eat? The green stuff?" He shook his head for a second letting his head wonder and not focus what was going on in front of them, not untill the bushes shifted. His head snapped up and he gazed at the spot with eyes like slits.

The bush moved again only this time more then stopped going back to like it had been before. Growling a bit Ketu's wings flared up and he backed up to his rider his green eyes flashed in the sunlight, he was not going to let this thing hurt his beloved rider. With another quick jerk a tiny head of a fawn wiggled out of the bush and looked apon the two with wide milky brown eyes. Ketu backed up a bit and unsnaked his long neck, "it's only a deer thingy...only that's a small one..." He looked up at the deer once more and walked forward trying to get closer to the strange new deer, "you can talk to it you know...in elvish language." He looked up Karo a smile on his face before looking at the deer and opening his mind, "fram fricai." The deer's head shot up and looked at the dragon with frightful eyes but she took a step forward. Ketu sat down next to his rider and wiggled his tail.

~

Clara shook her head a bit, "they are dead now Kanya. I think they are at least." As Kanya went along with the change subject she smiled in approval, "I feel like I have known you my whole life...I mean I feel I can tell you everything about me and not be emabrrassed." "Protect me? From what? The king or something else?" She had heard about the war and knew a lot about it cause her parents had been part of it and had swore into the dark anicent language and had been trying to find her, then she heard they had died in battle some part of her didn't want to trust that. As the subject was again cut off from the second rabbit that ran forth Clara aimed her dagger and was about to strike when Kanya attacked it on hand. "Wow! Nice shot!" Clara dropped her dagger for a second and rubbed her hand against Kanya's head and smiled rubbing her chin, "great job Kanya!" Pride shown in Clara's eyes like a mother who just taught her young one how to hunt. Though she hadn't been taught Clara was still proud. "That is okay, you eat that one an i'll get another one."

Hunger slowed her down but she didn't want her dragon to support her, she didn't want to look weak. With a quick glance at her surroundings Clara crawled on the ground a bit and looked around, there was a burrow not far from where they rested. "I'm not going far, Kanya. Only to this burrow if you want to follow you can." She smiled back at the tiny ebony colored dragon and then slid her way to the burrow, once she was over it she grabbed some herbs from her pocket that had a strong minty scent and placed it on the outside of the hole. A few mintues went by and a tiny head popped out to sniff the new smell. That was when Clara attacked. "Now we have two rabbits." Her blue eyes lit up and she sat down next to Kanya grinning, "not bad for our first day huh?"

( laugh.gif )

As soon as the hands disappeared she roared and bit some more before they turned into dust. She shook her head and cocked her head at Nick. "Need help?" She offered. Before he could reply she padded over. She decided the best way to get Nick out was dig. She blinked and dug around the earth around Nick. "I'm glad that was over. Are you alright Eragon?" She asked worringly as the earth turned muddy and soggy. Her ivory claws were now stained with mud and dirt. "Ugg, this will be disgusting to lick off," She muttered.

Emily sat on saphira's back stunned at what had just happened. she notesed that she whas covered in slim "eww" she growled wiping it off her cloak. the hood fell back showing her gold hair and dark black hat. "nasty vary nasty".

(hay is my new person ok nick)

Edited by dragonsword

[For the third time Nick, can I make another dragon? You never seem to notice me. T_T]

Tesni put the dragon down and studied the hatchling. "I'll call you Arrow. Is that okay?" She asked, petting the little creature. Arrow is a good name for a white dragon. White dragons grow to be swift and strong. She thought happily, watching Arrow blow smoke rings into the air. "Come with me." Tesni said, striding from the cave. A little squeak sounded behind her, and she turned to see the little dragon waddling along slowly. "Oh. You're a little slow." She chuckled, picking her up again. "I'll make a little bed for you when we get back to my tree." She promised, muttering a spell and flitting back to her tree within a few moments.

Arrow curiously studied the tree bark and the leaves. She wondered if they were meant for eating. "I like my new name Arrow." She sqeaked happily to Tensi. "Is this the tree you were talking about?" Arrow asked and waddled toward a small green leaf.

Saphira swung her head around to face Eragon and Emily. Emily was different. when her dark hood didn't cover her face. She curiously inspected the real Emily.

Emily looked up to see the dragon staring at her. she reched a hand up to where her hood should be, but felt nuthing but her well used hat "shoot..." she growled as her hair started to get wet and chang it's color to a dark red at lest my hat is still on she thought glansing at nick and eragon to see if they would notes.

Tesni nodded cheerfully. "Here, I'll take you up." she said, then added mentally, I don't think you should eat those little one. I think you'll have to run after squirrels and things like that. I can't kill a fellow animal, unless you can't hunt Arrow. She leaped up to the little balcony and hung there for a moment, then propelled herself up with an arm, the other still cradling Arrow. Wait for a moment. Tesni told Arrow, then quickly fixed up a little bed with some duck down she had found and patted it into a little cloth bag and put it down. "Here you go Arrow." She said, dropping Arrow into the center. How do you like it? She asked, perching on the desk. Hm... I have some jerky from long ago. It's a bit tough, but you can eat it if you want, she added, tossing the meat nearby Arrow.

Arrow walked around her new bed and nosed the jerky. She stood still for a moment and then snatched it up. She curled down in her small nest and seemed to smile. "I really like it!" She said with delight at having a bed instead of a cramped up egg.

Saphira noted how Emily seemed to care if anyone saw her. "Why are you afriad of how you look young one?" She asked. "You look fine." Saphira added.

(Happy easter! I got the first eragon book for easter, now I just need Eldest since I already have Brisnger.)

Nick flinched as thunder boomed and lightning flashed. "Lets get out of here." he said jumping onto Rein's back quickly, who in turn jumped into the air, pumping her wings hard to stay in the air against the wind. "Lead the way" he told Saphira.

"you meen you won't make fun of me" Emily said "all the towns poeple did... ever sens I can remember" she glansed up at the nick and his dragon "we should go now".

raven ran through the rain splaching her cloak in mud. she saw a cave on the side of the trail, she ran in to it falling as she tripped on some old bones. she staggered and hit her shoulder on something at the back of the cave.

[Happy Easter to everybody too- I forgot to say so yesterday. ^^']

Tesni smiled lopsidedly. Since you like it so much, I suppose I have to hunt. Wait here, and don't get into any mischief Arrow. She said, tapping Arrow on the shoulder. She turned and hopped out of the window again and padded into the forest.

Tesni stretched her mind in all directions and located some mice. She winced furtively as she killed them with magic, and then went to retrieve them. I guess Arrow will like them, she sighed, running back to her tree.

Do you want them cooked Arrow? I can prepare them very quick if you'd like. Tesni asked, slipping back into the room. She set the mice down by Arrow for her inspection.

Edited by Hollyleaf

(Happy Easter! ^^)

Arrow inspected the mice. They were plump and young. "Thank-you. I don't need to cook them though." She had felt how Tensi had felt when she killed the mice and if she stayed any longer with the dead mice she might vomit or feel sick. It was better that Arrow kept her rider in their ways as much as possible until she could hunt by herself. She gulped up the first mouse and then bit into the second mouse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saphira gave Emily sympathy. "It's alright, you are kind and beautiful, they might just be jealous of you," Saphira said. She unfurled her wings and lashed her tail out. Leaping high into the air she glided for a moment then pumped furiously against the howling wind and rain. It lashed down on her making it harder to see and the distant blury. She took lead in front of Rein and headed towards the Varden. "Are you alright Eragon?" Saphira asked as a rain drop slid off her wings.

"thank you tha....."Emily stopped as pain made her gasped as her leg started to hurt again she had for got that it was injured. she looked down to see that blood was getting through the rag, she didn't say anything so she did not distract the dragon.

raven gritted her teeth and sat on the ground wating for the pain to pass. the cave was so dark it was black, when the pain was gone she said a spell that would light up the cave, she looked at what she had run in to, and gasped as she saw a dragon carved out of the stone. she got to her feet and walked past it deeper in to the cave.

Soon Saphira had to squint to see past the raindrops and occasionaly drifted off course and then realized that she had and moved back onto course. Her wings were soggy and wet. Despite the rain her throat was sore and dry. She was panting to go any further. Lightning struck across the sky, showing her for a few momets where they were. Thunder followed the lightning as always and shook the ground like it was angry with them for destorying an army of undead. Letting out a roar of frustration she tried to contact Eragon, Nick, Rein and Emily's minds. Saphira had spotted the Varden's tents outlined against the sky. "We are nearing the Varden." She warned and flew faster.

"I am glad that you will not leave me then as I am not sure what I would do without you now that you have found me. So I can only promise you that I will be by your side for as long as you wish it of me.", Karo said with relief in her tone as she bent over to place a kiss to her dragon's forehead once more. With her bow and arrow at ready she would follow him quietly and tried her best to not laugh when she saw his wings twitch when he talked about flying. Though what he said did sound appealing to her and she could not wait until Karo was big enough to fly, but also apart of her wondered when that time came would she want to leave this forest. Yet it would not be anytime soon and so she would just shake the thought from her mind until that day came and she would ask Ketu if he wished to leave this place then. "I don't hunt because I do not like killing other things that are alive. But no I don't eat the grass the deers eat, but more like the berries, fruits, vegetables, and anything else this forest will provide for me.", Karo replied with a small laugh at the thought of eating the grass they were walking on. Some herbs she would eat to give herself energy or to help heal a wound, but those were not the most tasty things one could eat and she would try to dodge them as much as she could help.

The movement within the brush in front of them would cause her to pull her arrow back in her bow as she focused on what was within. Yet she would lower it as only a fawn came out and she would just smile and hope that Ketu would not want to kill this one, but maybe something grown that at lest had a chance in life. "That it is and it is only a baby, but it will grow like you to become strong. I know about being able to talk to them, but I have never been really good with those words even if I am an elf myself. Magic never has come easy to me and so I like to stick with my sword and bow.", Karo said somewhat embarrassed about her lack of ability when it came to magic that elves seem to use so easily. Kneeling down once more she would pet Ketu's head as the fawn came closer and with a soft laugh she would say, "I think I will let you take control of those words while I stick with the few I know for now. Maybe some day I can learn more to talk like you do to the fawn, but I doubt I would be able to use them in magic."

~~

"Aw, but they could be alive also my dear rider. Do not give up hope when there is a chance.", Kanya had said softly and she would say no more on the subject unless Clara would bring it up once more. "You can tell me anything and I will never think less of you or leave you. And I protect you from anything that would want to cause you harm by dear rider. Be it the king, another dragon, animals, or even your own kin...I will die before you would be killed or harmed.", Kanya said with a small growl at the thought of someone even attempting to hurt her rider. From her tone anyone could tell she had meant she would die before she would let anything happen to her rider and nothing would ever change her mind from this. While she knew it would pain her rider to lose her and it would cause Clara pain, but it would still mean Clara is alive and could carry on with life as she wished. This was one command she would never heed from her rider if she asked that she would not place her life before Clara's and anyways she would die with her rider if something happened.

At Clara's praise she would emit a loud purring sound and her wings would spread out to her sides. Before her rider could take back her hand she would lick her palm and then watch her rider go catch another rabbit. Looking down to the now dead rabbit she would tilt her head and nudged it gently as if to make sure it was dead before she got up to watch her rider. Still being able to see Clara caused her to relax and just watch from where she stood to make sure nothing bad would happen. "So we do my rider and it was...fun to hunt. Though let us go and cook your meal and if you wish, you can ask me anything about dragons or anything else that I might know about.", Kanya said once the other rabbit was caught.

raven walked to the back of the cave, her light hit a small hollow in the side of the wall. she climbed up to it. she rolled over and got to her feet she saw nothing but a silver rock, so she sat down facing the front of the cave with her back on the wall "I will have to get to the vardin when the storm stops" she said to her self as she fell in to a waking sleep.

--------------

Emily looked at the tents "they have got bigger then they wer last time I was here" she thought blinking the water out of her eyes.

Raindrops poured down harder. It seemed that the storm did not want them to get to the Varden. Wind blew headfirst blasting her backwards evey ten minutes or so. Panting Saphira flapped even harder. Her wings ached and cried out to rest but she contiued on. She looked behinde her at Nick and Rein, they were close behinde. She wondered if Rein was tierd too. The storm got even more mad and it buffeted her wings. She shook her head free of raindrops and thought of the bed she would be able to rest in and a large chunk of meat to fill her energy up. The Varden's tents set in her mind she looked directly toward it and strained with every mucsle she had. Her wings were a great saphire blur against the sky.

((Coming back to life?! xd.png I've been alive for a while! Just having trouble finding... er... aw forgt that! I forgot what I was saying...))

Nasuada looked out the small stone window. It had been raining for some time now. She scratched the back of her neck. There was nothing interesting to take part in at the moment. She had to stay with the rest of the Varden. A man sounded an alarm. Someone was coming. She grabbed up her sword and ran down the hall. If anyone was coming, she'd meet them personally. She saw the men taking up their arms and preparing for intruders. She'd soon find out if there was something interesting to do.

(Oh, when I was typing that I thought of the undead battle a few momentos ago.)

Saphira neared the Varden and was soon flying high above the tents looking for a place to land. Cranning her neck to look behinde her, she made out the figure of Rein flying. On top of him, sitting there was Nick. She stopped for her to catch up. "We are at the Varden, Nick and Rein." She silently said. Below she could see people gathering and starring at her. A few rare children among the group pointed up at her and Eragon. Then began the shouting.