picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

"Eragon and Saphira." Nasuada muttered. She saw the archers preparing to fire. "Take your aim off of Eragon. The other ones are unknown to us at the moment. Train your sights on them. We'll see why they want to come here." Nasuada commanded loudly over the rain. She noticed the children and other young, untrained people were accumulating here. She let them though, she trusted Eragon's judgement to an extent. She would give the newcomers a few minutes to state their buisness, and then would decide the best route from there.

((Catch me up on everything that's happened.))

Emily opened her eyes as she heard shouting, she looked down at all the people blinking. then she remembered that they where at the varden camp, there was a jolt and she griped the spike in front of her as her leg started to hurt more

(Well not much. We ignored the posts and started over again as a fresh start. You know it's raining. Saphira, Eragon, Emily, Nick and Rein are coming in to the Varden's camp. If you want to know about the other things that do not concern your characters Kokay, I would be happy to fill you in.)

Saphira tried to land but everyone below was covering up landing space. She roared to let them now she was landing. They cleared enough space for her but she needed more space for Nick and Rein. "There is another dragon and rider, so please make room." She asked. Everyone heard her and backed away, making enough room for them all. She landed and sent a message to Rein. "Land, this will be loud but land. You have nothing to fear under our protection." Then she probbed Nasuada's mind.

"Don't get in my head, Saphira." Nasuada grumbled. She'd learned long ago of the dragons' abilities. She'd had a mage teach her to put up a wall. Doing this now, she imagined the blue dragon's scales and put her wall up. She looked at the dragon. She was commanding her people. A small burn of anger rippled through her before she was able to control it again, she knew Saphira would've picked up on that. "If you want to talk to me, don't go for my memories or my thoughts."

.raven woke up as she thought she heard a small clink like rock hitting rock. she looked out of the hollow but nothing was there "hmm that's odd" she thought as she took a bowl and water out of her bag and began to skry the varden.

Saphira felt the anger and quickly apoligized to Nasuada. "Sorry but I couldn't hold up my wings any longer and Rein couldn't either." She landed and furled her wings up and rest her head on her claws. "The dragon is Rein and her rider is Nick. While I was hunting, they were battling against Empire Soldiers, so they are obisliy not from the Empire and they had no clue about the Varden either. They come from a land and were sent by the King of Faldor named King Herold."

Edited by Saphira BrightScales

raven wached the bowl of water as she saw two dragons fly in to the varden camp. "I should get back to the varden" she said wall she dumped out the water and poot back the bowl in her bag "I should take that rock too it's to nice to be in this cave".

"You can let me know that next time. I can handle my men just as well as you can." Nasuada replied sharply. She listened to Saphira's story. "And what makes you think that the Varden would want anything to do with another clumsy Rider and dragon? We've had enough trouble from you and Eragon. If they were sent, why do they not know who we are? They were sent to spy no doubt!" Nasuada's voice raised in mock anger. The men around her gripped their weapons tighter and waited her command. The rain was pelting now, it was difficult to keep one's eyes open.

Saphira bowed her head. "Nasuada, I know but it takes time to contact you instead of open my mind to everyone and tell them. But I am sorry. they were not sent to spy on us however. I have never heard of Faldor before but they can not be making it up. They sounded confident and clear. If they were from the Empire then why would they attack their own forces? The Empire already has spies in our midsth and we have spies there also. But have your spies told you about a dragon? Surely the King would want to spread chaos among the Varden by showing the world that he has two dragons on his side now." Saphira tried to reason with Nasuada. "I'm sure that the elves know of something about Faldor and if you let them research I'm sure they can prove that Nick and Rein are telling the truth. I will ask Nick and Rein how to get to "Faldor" and I am determined to prove it does existed. "Do you not trust me and Eragon?" She bent her head to be leveled with Nasuada. She examined the Varden's leader with one huge saphire eye. "Can you not see? That with more dragons and more riders that the Empire will be overwhelmed and more will join our side with Nick and Rein because they only have one rider, not including the King himself however.

"The Empire has done ridiculous things before. It would not surprise me to see Galbatorix himself attacking his own troops to prove he was a 'good guy'." Nasuada listened. She grimaced. Saphira made sense in some of her pleas. "I trust you, but never fully. I've learned not to trust those with dragons. The elves would not want to waste time with these two. I'll decide from my own judgement. If they have nothing to fear, then I suggest you probe their minds now. If you find anything at all to suggest they are not to be trusted, then let me know. There. I'm putting some trust into you. Don't make me regret it."

"uhh, please let me try to explain." Nick stammered as Rein landed. He wasn't expexting to be this un-wanted. "This land is supposed to be no mans land, we though it was un-inhabited." he tryed to tell the leader of the Varden. "We were send on an expidition from our home, the continent isn't very large, so we were looking for land on some nearby islands. We were struck by some storms, and taken off course, about six months later we washed up here." He finished taking a deep breath, as he was talking fast without breathing. "You can check our memories if you wish so." he added.

Saphira nodded and stretched her mind toward Rein first. "Sorry Rein, I have to search your memories before and show Nasuada that I am correct and you are not a spy." With that she jumped into Rein's memories. Itmedetly flashes shown in her mind. Rein's hatching, Nick becoming her rider, and a strange place she had never seen before. She saw how Rein grew up slowly and how Nick appraoched a man with Rein. The man was dressed in highly expensive cloths and wore a crown. She saw how Rein and Nick obeyed and quickly started on a journey for new lands to expand the King's kingdom. Saphira watched as Rein flew across the Varden's terriotory and saw in Rein's eyes how Nick and them started a battle and she saw herself. Quickly she pulled out of Rein's memories. Rein was inocent but would Nick? Rein only knew Nick for part of his life. "Thank-you Rein." She replied and moved onto Nick. "I am sorry Nick but I must search your memories." She dove into another storm of memories. She found herself looking at the world threw Nick's eyes. It was blury but she could make out the picture. She gasped. Nick was really an elven! His mother disguised him as a human and had placed charms on him. She watched how Nick floated for two days and finally reached the land called Faldor. Saphira saw how Nick was teased and found Rein. That was all she needed. She knew what happened afterward. Quietly she pulled out of the memories and found herself back in the rain on the ground. "Thank-you Nick and Rein." She thanked them and then entered Nasuada's mind. "They are inocent." She explained what she had seen and even told Nasuada about Nick being a elven sent away from his mother.

Edited by Saphira BrightScales

"You should learn to wait to speak until spoken to." Nasuada replaied quickly. She glared sharply at the boy on the dragon next to Saphira. "I am Nasuada. The leader of the Varden." Turning her attention back to Saphira, she scowled deeply at her. "If your friend here needs somewhere to take his people, we'll greet them with open hands. Provided," She looked back at the new comer and his dragon. "They can hold a weapon. We're fighting a war here, and we're badly out numbered."

((Nasuada seems like a jerk here. But, she's being a good leader. You'd have to be very discerning and showing your emotions to anyone as a leader would be bad for you.))

( I agree.)

"Rein, my leader is suggesting you fight if you want open land." Saphira explained to the other dragon. She yawned and wished she could eat something, she was exhausted and all she wanted to do was curl up and go to sleep for days on ends. But she had to show Nasuada respect. Quietly she closed her mind to everyone but Eragon. She sleepily closed her eyes but kept one opened.

Emily wached the three talk moving her head from one to the next, she didn't know if she beleved nick or not.

--------------

raven grabbed the rock and held it in her arms as she ran out of the cave and down the trail to the varden with speed that only an elf like her self posesed.

Saphira stifled a yawn and inspected Nick quietly. He looked like a human, but his mother did a good job though hiding him, making him look human. She wondered if Nick knew he was a elf. She opened her mind to Eragon still and Nick and Rein. "Nick, I discovered something about you in your deepest memories."

"I will request more fighters to be send this way, as soon as posible, but the voyage is a long one and will take some time to prepare for so many people." Nick said sliding off of Rein's back. He looked at Saphira confused. What did you find? He asked

"That is well enough. Welcome, Dragon Rider." Nasuada nodded. She took a step forward to confront the newcomer. "You should not be allowed to leave. I would prefer to send Eragon and Saphira to your land. I trust them more than I trust you. If you must go yourself, I will send a small one other person with you. A person I trust."

((DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nasuada has a nephew?! xd.png I'll PM you the form!))

raven ran in to the camp pasing a gard on the way in who yeld out after her, she egnored him and cept going.as she ran she poot the silver rock in to her bag, she ran all the way to where the two dragons wher and stopped where the children wher she whas so much taller then every one in the varden.

-----

Emily saw an elf run through the tents and stop where the children wher.

(*Confusion explodes the dragon... Comes back to life to haunt, Coke.*)

Saphira nodded at Nasuada and then quietly answered Nick. "You are an elven." She stood back to watch Nick's expression. Did he know already? She wondered if that was too much to bear for Nick who thought he was a freak human when he was really just an elf.

"We have to go ALL the way back?" he asked eyes widening in dis-belief. "Couldn't I just contact him using magic?" he asked not wanting to go striaght back to the sea. Lieing isn't nice.... Nick thought to saphira, not beliving her.

Edited by picknick10

raven reched out and brushed nick's mined who are you..... and what do you want she asked gently picking up one of the cildren so that the small boy could see the dragons

(did you people forget that Emily and raven whas there)

Edited by dragonsword

"You would leave your people to brave the sea alone?" Nasuada snapped back angrily. She didn't think about that, honestly, and was ashamed at not having done so. "Fenell! I know you're back there! Come here." Nasuada turned to face the crowd. She watched as her nephew made his way up from the abck of the group of people. He looked at her, a grimace forming on his face.

Fenell walked up to Nasuada's side. He was unfazed, or rather he made it seem as though he was unfazed, by the huge dragons nearby. He glared at the new comers and looked at Eragon and Saphira. He wasn't particularly happy to see the new comers. Remembering his manners, he stepped forward and bowed lightly. "I am Fenell." He said in a quiet, husky voice.

Emily sliped of saphira and on to the ground grunting as her injured leg hit the grownd. she got up and stood behind the dragons and the dragon riders polling up her hood up and hiding her face in the shadows it cast.

"Our sailers are the most skilled of all the lands and can navigate the sea's beter then I could ever hope to!" Nick snapped back, getting agrivated with all this hostility. He was thinking about leaving. He thought to Raven I am Nicholas's the Rider of Falador, and this is my life partner Rein.