picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

The hatchling was finished playing around when Ash picked him up but he didn't struggle because he learned that he didn't have a chance to get out of the things grip. When they returned to the house the thing said something to him but he didn't understand what it was so he just gave a small yelp, when he was set down he went to explore the little area that they were in checking every little crack in the wall and hole in the ground. After a little while he returned to Aisling and curled into a ball wrapping his tail around himself and leaned closer Ash as he drifted off into sleep.

Clara woke up and looked around, "Ugh...one more long day ahead of me..." she sighed climbing out of the tree she was in. She grabbed up her bow and pulled on her arrow's moving her hair out of her eyes she headed towards the stream to drink. When she got there she dipped her hand in the water and put it to her face waking her up. Then she heard a snap of a twig, she grabbed her bow and strung it aiming outwards to the sound which she found out was a small deer. She lowered her bow and sighed lightly, "To bad its not hunting season...and that your cute..." she said to the young deer.

Edited by Sinder

Aisling heard the small yelp that he emitted and figured that he did not understand her yet and that was what he was using to tell her stuff. She smiled as he started to explore the building that she had picked for them to stay temporarily. She smiled even more as he curled himself into a ball and leaned closer to her in his sleep. She stroked Korana's head a little with her finger and then dropped it as she looked around for Nimbus. Nimbus was a few feet away from her mistress and the strange creature and now she walked closer to them so that they could stay together. She stayed standing up and looked around them. Aisling pat Nimbus on her flank and then leaned back against the building's wall to rest for a little while. In her sleep, she stroked Korana's head again with her finger before resting her hands in her lap. Within minutes, she was asleep and dreaming of all the adventures they would be having in a couple of weeks.

Aisling woke and stretched from her nap. She saw that Nimbus was still beside them and looking around at everything in the building. She smiled a tired smile and looked down at Korana to see that he was still resting. She let out a yawn and watched him sleep, wondering what he was dreaming about.

Draith watched the commotion with the purple dragon from a distance, wanting to see if anyone else or anything else important enough showed up. She walked toward them a little more to get a better view but decided better than to see what it was about. Too many dragons, too many people for an easy meal. They should know better than to stay around in one spot for too long. She muttered to herself, still watching as more humans showed up. She overheard one say something to the ra'zac. Darn right he did that, he'd try anything to get anyone strong enough on his side whether they like it or not. She moved out of view and walked their direction again releasing the barriers around her mind as well to be prepared.

Korana dreamed of being a big dragon with a rider just flying on forever and soaring up high over all the land as the rulers of the sky and no one could hold him to the earth. He stirred a little from his sleep and woke up to see that Aisling was awake and looking at him, he let out a yelp and curled closer to her as he stretched out his developing wings, before drifting off again and again dreamed about soaring through the sky and never being tethered to the ground like everyone else.

Ash smiled at him as he woke up and moved closer to her. She watched as he fell back asleep and saw that his wings were starting to develop a little. She stroked him a bit and then looked around the building, thinking of what all she could make to make it a little more homey. She then thought against it since it was only a temporary home. She shrugged and looked over at Nimbus. Nimbus was now sleeping while standing up. Ash pat her a little and then returned her attention to the sleeping Korana. After watching him once again, she drifted off to sleep once again. She didn't really have any dreams this time or if she did, it was the same one as before with her riding on Korana as he flew over different landscapes.

Not completely woken up yet, she peeked at both Korana and Nimbus to see what they were doing. She noticed that both of them were still sleeping so she closed her eye and continued to sleep. She started to wonder if she would make any elf friends soon or human ones as she slept peacefully. She also wondered if when she meets any elves or humans that if they would also have dragons of their own and she could make a rider group with them and smiled a little as she thought up that.

((Could some one at the camp answer roran.))

Avenfiel opened her eyes slowly. Her right arm ached all over. She propped herself up on her left elbow and flexed the other arm. Wincing, she looked at the shiny silver mark on her palm. A gedwey ignasia. There was no backing out of being a rider now. She shrugged and looked around the small tent for the hatchling. It had fallen asleep curled up next to her. Avenfiel smiled and stroked the smooth silvery gray scales. It was so cute! She looked around for the meat she had set out. It was gone. At least the hatchling was healthy, to eat so much.

Not wanting to wake the hatchling, but concerned for its safety, she stepped outside and cast a simple illusion over the structure. It bent the light around it, so that it looked invisible. its shadow would still be hidden in the trees. The deer meat would probably last for another day or so, but she decided to set some rabbit traps anyway. The dragon would need practice hunting.

((I could talk to Roran, since I am walking over but I don't think you want me to.....))

Wyrda watched and heard attently everything the human named Roran said. The Varden? Aren’t those the rebels? She asked Rein and Nick with her mind, still refusing the idea of speaking to anyone else but them. If they were, then she would follow this group. After all, these people were the ones she was searching for. Better said, the ones who will connect her with whom she really had to meet, another of the dragons in Alagaesia.

Her only reply to Roran was brief stare, before the purple turned her head around. She sniffered the air, and frowned, another new scent reaching her. This was also from one of the dark creatures she had been warned off, if not the most dangerous of all. A Shade, if she was not mistaken. The purple rose to her feet, and walked forward a few steps without saying anything, and growled.

Draith saw the the purple growling and smiled. I could have kept going but I noticed some commotion going on that wasn't caused by me. Would that have been you? She watched the purple carefully ready to doge if she were to lunge. You know if you stop you might have nothing to worry about. I didn't come here to start trouble which you might find hard to believe, I was looking for someone to maybe consider an offer. She put her hand on the hilt of her sword in case anyone else dared to try something.

Roran stared right back at the dragon. It looked like the only free dragon here. He could sense it talking to the others. He said "I'm going to take the ra'zac back any way. They will spare no expense to make all of you comfortable. You will need to help us though. As you might have noticed we are fighting a war with galbatorix. We need all the warriors we can. Having another elf, two riders and dragons, and a wild dragon will greatly help us. They have eldunari. Eragon told me that those are the spirits of dragons trapped in stone. They give power to galbatorix and his other dragon rider and my cousin, murtagh. We have many elves, the urgals, plenty of humans, Surda, the dwarves, and Eragon and saphira. Eragon says he also has an eldunari of the golden dragon glaedr. We have many forces but galbatorix has more men then we have beings all together. So as you see. We really need the help." Roran looked at them, willing them to come with him with all his soul.

((not even going to say what I was, but why, why would you tell me that- I hope you did know I was there and listening.))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

The dragoness stood still for a moment, teeth still bared, considering what to do about Draith. After the Ra’zac fiasco, she didn’t wanted to risk herself nor the others in trusting someone who might attack them. She was big and a fairly good fighter, though she had never battled against a Shade. But before she could decide on what to do, the human behind her continued talking…

Wyrda widened her eyes when she heard the word ‘Eldunari’. First of all, how was it that a human, and a non rider, knew of their existence? And was speaking about them aloud, in the middle of a possible battlefield, and in front of a Ra’zac and a Shade! She turned around and hissed at him, trying very hard to stop herself from hitting him with her tail. Don’t you dare mentioning that again. Ever. If that information reaches unwanted ears, then dragons will be under a greater danger than they are now! This time, the purple did spoke to him, her voice sounding enraged.

Roran looked up at the dragon. It sounded very angry. He hadn't even noticed the shade. He reached into the purple dragon's mind and said "Sorry. My cousin Eragon told me about them. He is the dragon rider opposing Galbatorix. He was telling me very quickly so I guess he forgot to tell me about how secret they were. I am sorry for invading your mind, but I guess there is no other way to talk securely. I had been so focused on you and the other riders and the elf that i didn't see the shade. I didn't think about the ra'zac." He reached into his warriors' mind and pointed out the shade to them. They looked up and were instantly alert. Many of them reached for their weapon or took them out of thier belts.

Edited by cshoes

Amused Draith still watched the purple dragon. If you were worried about that before, you should have said something. I promise I won't tell anyone this but on only one condition. All of you here me out. My offer before was originally to find someone strong enough to help with a problem I know now we have in common. Galbatorix, He's a cheat, I would know I served him for more than enough time.....trusted me too much, no bounds or anything. Didn't like him to much and he never kept his side of the deal. She paused shielding her mind again. So if you wouldn't mind I'd be glad to help fight with you......if you'd allow it. If not, I'll be on my way. She waited for a reply.

((Thats all for tonight, I'm busy so...I won't be on until tomorrow. Or I'll pop in.))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Korana finally woke up from sleeping by the feeling of his stomach aching from it being empty. He got up from the ground and began searching the building for any scrap of food he could find, before snapping at a couple of the flys that were buzzing around the room. When he couldn't find anything to each he thought about the thing that had taken care of him so far and he when back to Aisling and looked up at her. He began making yelps to try and get her attention and tell her that he was hungry and need food.

Aisling woke to the sound of yelping. She looked down groggily at Korana and wiped the sleep from her eyes. She had a feeling that he was hungry again so she said to him, "Ok let's go back to the forest and I'll catch you some more squirrels to eat." Nimbus also woke up and looked at her mistress and at the strange creature and heard that they were going back to the forest. Aisling picked up Korana once again and held him comfortably in her arms so as not to make him uncomfortable. She headed out of the building with Korana in her arms and Nimbus following close behind. They reached the forest and once again, Ash told them to behave with one another as she went off to catch some more squirrels for him to eat. She caught a few with her bow and brought them back, feeding them to Korana. She placed each of the squirrels in front of him and went to lean her back up against a tree trunk.

Nimbus followed her and stood beside her, watching the thing that her mistress called "Korana" eat. Ash looked up at Nimbus and smiled, seeing that her horse and trusty companion was helping her look out for Korana. She didn't want anything bad happening to him, for she was his Rider and partner and if something happened to him, she wouldn't be able to get over it easily. She sat there and watched him eat, waiting for him to be done so that they could go back to the building and get her carrying bag and head out somewhere else.

(Cshoes, I think the elf [Avenfiel] isn’t here any longer o.O)

Wyrda snorted once at Roran’s words, her attention now focused on the main current problem, the Shade. If she keeps staring at me like I’ll kick her… she thought, and lowered her head until she was at Draith’s height. The purple narrowed her eyes, and breathed a puff of smoke that surrounded the other’s head, before raising her own again. Now matter what the dark creature said, the dragon felt uncomfortable around her. Maybe it was because of all the warning she had been given about that certain race.

If you do allow her to go to your place. The dragoness said to Roran, turning to face him. I suggest you make her swear fidelity in the ancient language. And have her eyes covered until the group reaches the Varden lair. Provided the place is secret, of course. If she has betrayed her side once, she can do the same with the new one.

Ceita gasped as the human pulled her cloak off, then attempted to kick and scratch the urgal that was holding her. "Let me down, you great dumb cow!"

The human was saying something about the Ra'zac, and Galbatorix. She turned her head toward him and spat in his face, then tried to claw him. "Let me down! Go away!" She kicked at the urgal some more.

Then he said something about the Varden. Ceita nearly choked on her own breath. No! She redouble her efforts to escape, taking off her boots and gloves to that she could use her long claws that adorned her hands and feet. "No! No! NO!"

A dark presence invaded the space. A Shade. This day just got better and better.

Since everyone was busy with the Shade, Ceita relinquished her efforts to escape. Her arm still stung, and she lifted it up to examine it. Then she swore.

A long crack ran along a section of the exoskeleton that covered her arm. Black blood had begun to seep from the wound, since she had ever-so-skillfully reopened it. She muttered a few more swears, crossing her arms across her chest and glaring at the human.

(OOC: Wait, cshoes, was Avenfiel the elf you were talking about? Yeah, she isn't with them anymore... Sorry for not making that clear. I thought there was some other elf or something. Ehe... )

((I drew a pic of Ceita. I love drawing her. X3))

user posted image

((Actually, I finished today. I'll put it up soon.))