HeatherMarie

Freezing Eggs

When you "freeze" a hatchling, the text says "You cast a spell on the hatchling that stops any aging". I see no reason why similar words can't be used for eggs. "You cast a spell on the egg that stops any aging" doesn't mean killing and doesn't mean anything bad.... It's just the same as "freezing" a hatchling.

Except that the hatchling can run around, play and do other things that make life interesting. The unborn dragon in the egg will be doomed to sit there for eternity...

Given the choice between death and being imprisoned for eternity, I'll say 'kill me please' every time.

I agree that a solution with collecting empty shells somehow is a much cleaner option.

I think we should move away from "freezing" altogether and start thinking about collecting empty eggshells from hatched dragons. This solves all of the weird ethical problems about freezing eggs.

I like this point. it's a good point.

Except that the hatchling can run around, play and do other things that make life interesting. The unborn dragon in the egg will be doomed to sit there for eternity...

Given the choice between death and being imprisoned for eternity, I'll say 'kill me please' every time.

I would agree with you, but they are pixels. They can't 'run around and play'. I have no problem with freezing eggs. I was actually surprised when I first started playing and found that there was no option to freeze the eggs. Other games do so without any problems. I support freezing eggs, with a limit of x per week(or two weeks), like freezing has now for hatchlings.

Edited by annageckos

It would be nice to be able to freeze an egg, but with a limit of one for species. wink.gif

Please no. I know I really don't like having just one of something, and I can't think of a good reason for having it limited to only one. I honestly would rather not have the ability to freeze at all than to have a limit of one.

Edited by Nectaris

It would be nice to be able to freeze an egg, but with a limit of one for species. wink.gif

Why one? How would it be different then having multiple frozen hatchies of a species?

I would agree with you, but they are pixels. They can 'run around and play'. I have no problem with freezing eggs. I was actually surprised when I first started playing and found that there was no option to freeze the eggs. Other games do so without any problems. I support freezing eggs, with a limit of x per week(or two weeks), like freezing has now for hatchlings.

you might not, but it seems some people do and you can't just ignore that...

you might not, but it seems some people do and you can't just ignore that...

I am not ignoring anything, just stating my opinion (and reality, they are pixels, they aren't alive). Now saying that I am not arguing. My opinion is just as valid and anothers. I have no problem with freezing pixel eggs. I am not sure why you jumped on me for that??

Why one?

To prevent people systematically freeze their eggs that can't abandon, or could stop to freeze those eggs... :/

To prevent people systematically freeze their eggs that can't abandon, or could stop to freeze those eggs... :/

A simple solution then is to make it where you can't freeze an egg that has the five hour wait on it.

I really like idea of collecting the shells after a dragon has hatched, why isn't there more of that? You could have a BSA or something where using it on the hatchling allows for collecting of the shell pieces to display (maybe with a possible fail rate where sometimes the egg is too damaged to be pieced back together?).

This way, no one is using it for clearing out the AP, there is no drama about someone freezing a gold egg or a tinsel or whatever, and no worries about limiting the freezing because these are already your shells.

Edited by Verilidaine

I am not ignoring anything, just stating my opinion (and reality, they are pixels, they aren't alive). Now saying that I am not arguing. My opinion is just as valid and anothers. I have no problem with freezing pixel eggs. I am not sure why you jumped on me for that??

I'm not "jumping on you", I'm stating fact.

oh, and FYI, I don't have a problem with it either. At the end of the day, people eat eggs in real life so I don't see how it can be worse than that to freeze some pixels shaped like an egg.

I see no reason to have a tiny limit on freezing eggs... Why shouldn't it be the same as freezing hatchlings? Just like you can't abandon or Teleport a CB egg until the 5 hours are up, you wouldn't be able to freeze it either. That takes care of the "abuse" problem.

I would be completely fine with the "egg-freezing" option being along the lines of picking up discarded egg pieces. I honestly don't care much *what* the method is, I just want a way to keep those beautiful egg sprites on my scroll!

And, on that note, the eggs on your scroll aren't live eggs anyways. The whole "killing/freezing what's inside" arguement doesn't hold water when you remember that your scroll is *drawings* of your dragons. Those pixels that make up an egg, they aren't even making up a "real" egg, that's a drawing that you drew on your scroll! So what's the big deal about just keeping that drawing?

Maybe there should be a suggestion about, instead of "freezing" eggs, just simply "you decide to keep this beautiful drawing on your scroll even after the egg has hatched" or somesuch.

Edited by Marie19R

I see no reason to have a tiny limit on freezing eggs... Why shouldn't it be the same as freezing hatchlings? Just like you can't abandon or Teleport a CB egg until the 5 hours are up, you wouldn't be able to freeze it either. That takes care of the "abuse" problem.

I would be completely fine with the "egg-freezing" option being along the lines of picking up discarded egg pieces. I honestly don't care much *what* the method is, I just want a way to keep those beautiful egg sprites on my scroll!

And, on that note, the eggs on your scroll aren't live eggs anyways. The whole "killing/freezing what's inside" arguement doesn't hold water when you remember that your scroll is *drawings* of your dragons. Those pixels that make up an egg, they aren't even making up a "real" egg, that's a drawing that you drew on your scroll! So what's the big deal about just keeping that drawing?

Maybe there should be a suggestion about, instead of "freezing" eggs, just simply "you decide to keep this beautiful drawing on your scroll even after the egg has hatched" or somesuch.

yes, but they REPRESENT real dragons.

well ok, not real dragons, but you know what I mean.

I really like idea of collecting the shells after a dragon has hatched, why isn't there more of that? You could have a BSA or something where using it on the hatchling allows for collecting of the shell pieces to display (maybe with a possible fail rate where sometimes the egg is too damaged to be pieced back together?).

This way, no one is using it for clearing out the AP, there is no drama about someone freezing a gold egg or a tinsel or whatever, and no worries about limiting the freezing because these are already your shells.

I think people are too hung up on the idea of sealing something in a permanently "frozen" state because that's the only option we have in the Cave for hatchies.

And I guess it can be hard to piece a shell back together if it's too broken up. It'd be neat if it could be sort of mini-game or something though, where if you want to collect the shell, you could piece it together in a Javascript puzzle. I don't know if it would take away from the main point of DC or if it'd be difficult to program, but it's an idea.

Again, to anyone who says "well it wouldn't be fair for people to be freezing new eggs when so many others haven't gotten any yet"

I dont think that should matter much. Eggs drop continuously throughout they day of their release, if someone isn't around to catch them its not our problem.

And there is always an opportunity to catch them. Look at the new Pygmys; they're only 3 weeks old and people already consider them cave blockers. tongue.gif

I'd like to see only one dragon of a breed to be able to be frozen and not more than one of a breed.

Why? I understand you might only want one of a breed for yourself, but why limit everyone else to your standards? I can't stand only having one of something, it just doesn't look right on my scroll. I know I can't be the only one out there who would not use this feature at all if we were limited to only one.

Edited by Nectaris

I mean I would only want to freeze 1 set of each breed.

But just above you said

I'd like to see only one

dragon of a breed to be able to be frozen and not more than one of a breed.

meaning (apparently) that you want a game limit of not more than one of each breed's egg frozen on each scroll. But what if I want more than one of some of them? Maybe I want 3 Terrae eggs because they come in different flavors? Or maybe I want 10 Walker eggs because I think they're cool looking? Or even maybe I want to freeze a dozen Nocturne eggs because right now they're cave blockers?

Why should I be limited because you think we only need one set of anything? I like multiples of stuff. Actually, I really dislike getting only one of anything.

I would like to be able to have frozen eggs of the limited dragons, like Holidays and GoN, and still collect 2 adults, or an adult and frozen hatchling. But I do understand that 2 means 2 and not 2 plus that extra egg.

Again..in the past this has been shot down again and again. Yes the spriter has woked hard but I say no. Reasons are below:

1. If you froze it with a crack would it still have the crack?

2. Wouldnt it be like killing the hatchling? it just seams like it cant be done. Also adults take care of themselves and hatchies kinda do too which is why they can remane in that state and not die/starve to death. Eggs would need constent care to regulate heatness and coldness. If not the egg would be dead. and uh...youd be stuck with the dead egg shell.

3. The only reason I want a skywing is cuz I like to look at the egg. If I had a forever skywing egg on my scroll I'd never want to spend the time and space to rais a skywing therefor some dragons may never be raised again.

4. TJ has said a strong 'NO' before and he does not like budging once made up his mind. He's like my sister, so set on the thing they already said and hates change of plans.

5. People would use it to unblock the cave. Simple, just pick a random egg, frezze it, and maybe get rid of it later. Or just keep. Either way it'd be used for the wrong reason....but....I got an idea!!! I shall post it....but not here.

1. If the whole point in freezing eggs is to get the actual egg-sprite on your scroll permanently, I doubt many people would want a cracked egg.

2. There are plenty of ways around this, plenty of "Freezing" ideas that have been put forth that take away the whole "omg you are killing the pixel-dragon!" arguement.

3. Well that's your opinion, and you are welcome to it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who *don't* raise specific breeds only to see the eggs though, and it would have no affect on their playstyle in that way.

4. Where has TJ said no to this? Can you point me to that thread? I was under the impression that he had thought about it before, but hadn't made any actual decisions on if he wanted it. I've never seen any firm nos from him on this.

5. Which is why we have limits. We have hatchling-freezing limits, so it makes sense to have egg-freezing limits as well.

I dunno, I really like some of the cracking sequences of eggs, so I'd love to be able to freeze a cracked egg.

I was about to make a topic on this but thought I'd check to see if there already was one xd.png

I would love the option of freezing eggs. There are some eggs that just strike me as beautiful, but I don't particularly want any more of that dragon on my scroll. For example, Coastal Waverunners. I like the hatchlings, like the adults, but they are nowhere near my favorite dragon, so I don't make it a point to collect more of them. However, I think the eggs are just gorgeous, and would love to freeze one just so I could stare at it all day <3

Also, it would be awesome to have a cracking Magma egg on my scroll. Or, if the "unfolding paper egg" hatching sequence is ever implemented, I'd definitely want a frozen one of those as well.

My version of this would be getting egg-trophy things as a reward for raising X number of that dragon. For example, if you raise 5 Balloons, you can click something to get a Balloon egg sprite. Maybe you'd have 'Breed' and 'Breed Unfertilized Egg?'

Edited by stogucheme

My version of this would be getting egg-trophy things as a reward for raising X number of that dragon. For example, if you raise 5 Balloons, you can click something to get a Balloon egg sprite. Maybe you'd have 'Breed' and 'Breed Unfertilized Egg?'

Eggs as trophies: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=93431 :3

(We have tons of topics for different ways to do egg freezing, lol.)