HeatherMarie

Freezing Eggs

I like the ideas proposed by Darkshadow. The timer seems like a good idea, because egg fragments would get blown away by the wind or scattered too much to find.

I would like the eggs to stay on my scroll, and if limits were not imposed it would make gathering a lot of eggs easier than say, an easter basket.

I haven't read the entire thread yet tongue.gif but why can't we just keep the eggshells of our hatching dragons and maybe trade for them like we do eggs and and hatchies?

Although it would have be visual somehow to tell a live egg from a shell... otherwise it could lead to confusion and ill will.

Well, that could very easily turn into a currency; which is why people have decided that frozen eggs should not be tradeable. Frozen hatchies aren't.

I still like the idea of piecing the eggshell back together after the hatchling has hatched. I think it solves most of the problems that have to do with abuse of this action. The only problem I see with it is nitpickers who say stuff along the lines of "You shouldn't get both the frozen egg and the hatchie". My responce; with magic, it's logical. The spell pieces the frozen egg back together, while the hatchling still lives on. The eggshell doesn't do anything, it just sits there on your scroll looking pretty. With freezing hatchlings, unless you clone the hatchling you can't have both the hatchie and the adult dragon.

Does editing bump a topic?

Edited by Lilac Inkdream

Guess not. I didn't see a rule against double-posting to bump, so here goes. (Ask me to delete if I got it wrong)

This topic is dead, but I want to see it alive.

Bump!

Edit: Now, to contribute something useful.

Added onto my above post, the "infertile egg" solution does have clever ways of getting around the unbreedable problems, but I feel like the piece-together solution works a lot better to solve these problems. For instance; GoNs can't breed, but they do have pretty eggs. With the "Infertile Egg" solution, there isn't a very logical solution to the problem of obtaining an infertile egg. However, with the "Piece-together eggshell" solution, this is very easily solved; simply have eggshells get stuck back together after hatching.

Edited by Lilac Inkdream

I just found this, and I think piecing the eggshell back together is a FABULOUS IDEA!!!! And the backwards ratio (100% chance for very rares, rare success for commons) is a great idea as well. To anybody who's in charge of adding new features: PLEASE PUT THIS IN!!!! Maybe it can be listed under hatchling actions? Or a BSA? If a BSA, there shouldn't be a limit. That way, if you have several rares about to hatch, but only one egg-repairing dragon, you don't have to worry. And maybe there should be an icon near the eggshell that's a teeny black version of a dead egg, to show that it hatched.

this has probably been suggested but, why not have the option to keep eggs that have died? (Died, not killed.)

That way, it would have absolutely zero effect on ratios.

Edited by dracocharky

this has probably been suggested but, why not have the option to keep eggs that have died? (Died, not killed.)

That way, it would have absolutely zero effect on ratios.

But then the only way to get eggs to permanently display on your scroll would be to let them slowly sit there and die? I really don't like that idea too much.

Someone should make an egg-eater dragon [pygmy?] that uses a proboscis to suck out the contents, leaving the egg similar to the permanent easter eggs with the contents removed. It then has a BSA to do this action to fresh eggs (somewhere on the high end of 6 days, and caveborns still count for the same 5 hours so it can't be used to get around the non-abandon time) It's a common with a week cooldown, especially if its a pymgy, the reason being it has to digest the first before it can eat another. =3

I'll type something up and post it since I have another "dragon requests" slot free.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Someone should make an egg-eater dragon [pygmy?] that uses a proboscis to suck out the contents, leaving the egg similar to the permanent easter eggs with the contents removed. It then has a BSA to do this action to fresh eggs (somewhere on the high end of 6 days, and caveborns still count for the same 5 hours so it can't be used to get around the non-abandon time) It's a common with a week cooldown, especially if its a pymgy, the reason being it has to digest the first before it can eat another. =3

I'll type something up and post it since I have another "dragon requests" slot free.

This is perfect. No, seriously, it is.

Why, in the name of all that is white and portalable, has nobody come up with this before?? O.o

That's a really good idea! Maybe that, plus putting the eggs back together? Because I personally love Nebula eggs, but I don't want to kill a Nebula egg for the shell, and nobody's gonna kill a Gold or GoN egg!

That's a really good idea! Maybe that, plus putting the eggs back together? Because I personally love Nebula eggs, but I don't want to kill a Nebula egg for the shell, and nobody's gonna kill a Gold or GoN egg!

not to mention holidays

if we use the pygmy bsa on common eggs and the piece together after it hatches on rares/holidays i think things would work out well

obviously if both seperate ideas were implemented it would be up to the individual users to choose which method they prefer to use

Would a "frozen" or pieced together holiday egg count towards the holiday limit though ??? SCARY...

Would a "frozen" or pieced together holiday egg count towards the holiday limit though ??? SCARY...

This is why I want three spaces for holiday eggs. Two just.. feels impractical.

i would say the eggs are seperate from the limits since they are just eggs, you worked to get the holiday and to hatch it so i think keeping it's shell is a nice bonus to having raised the holiday

i also agree with Ashes that i wish the limit was raised to 3 or 4

(my personal preference would be to have 2 adults, 1 stage 2 and a stage 1 but i could get by with 3, i just want to collect all the lovely sprites, and i feel like eggs should count seperate from limits)

Edited by darkshadow5392

~Merged with the general freezing eggs topic, though I can link to the other topics with different freezing methods if users want~

I was thinking that with freezing eggs, it still counts towards your current egg total for a full day, like how a killed egg still counts for 24 hours. Its basically the same thing, killing an egg only your perserving it at the same time.

Just like a leetle tree, there should be an option to freeze eggs like this:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/sIKU

I don't know how that happened, but all the sprite collectors would probably like egg freezing. Post what you think

That's pretty cool. Where did you find that?

[ Edit: Please don't be confused, I killed my previous post entirely~ because good manners are pivotal! happy.gif ]

Edited by pinkgothic

...oooh. ...I think I know how this was done.

...er. Quick question to the mods: Would info on how to get this to happen be interpreted as malicious on my part (especially if I tested it)? I want to keep my account. laugh.gif

Edit: Wait. ...there's probably no time limit set yet as to when you can do this to eggs, so if I verified and publicised it, it would be public knowledge how to freeze eggs (even ones just picked up in the cave), and all the negative effects of egg freezing usually quoted as problematic would happen. ...OKAY NEVERMIND. laugh.gif Derr. I am slow. v_v *sits on hands*

o.o

It was a joke on IRC that TJ made real, IIRC. x3

~

I do support some kind of limit on egg freezing so it can't be abused, whether it's just a time limit similar to frozen hatchlings or taking up an egg spot or a time limit before you can freeze it or whatever.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm pretty sure that egg belongs to TJ, who can do anything. If it isn't his, he's the one who created and froze it. There is no other way to get a frozen egg. Especially a frozen egg that is the child of a pygmy and a stone dragon.

Personally I think a third slot that would allow you to freeze a bred egg in the next year [excluding hollies since they're still scarce]

Hi!

I'm not sure if this was suggested already or not, but I got this idea from a dragon app on my phone. Once you hatch a dragon, in the game, you can chose to freeze and display the eggs. Well, I thought this was really neat. Most of the eggs in dragon cave are done very beautifully and I think it would be cool if we had a section, maybe titled collection, where we could keep frozen eggs. Now, to keep someone from freezing all the eggs just to get rid of them on their scroll, you could only freeze after 6 hours and you can only freeze one (or two, not quite sure of which) of every species and color variation of the eggs.

I think this would be really cool in dragon cave and I hope it gets added!

Thank you, please comment if you think this idea would be of liking to people.

I think freezing eggs is a good idea. However, I do believe it's been suggested before and shot down. Also, I don't think a seperate section, nor a breed limit, is nessassary.

Edited by thegreenrobby