HeatherMarie

Freezing Eggs

Cave-borns CAN be found in the AP - people pick them up then abandon them for whatever reason.

But it's silly that only Cave-borns can be frozen. It would lead to people competing even harder for Cave eggs - and when some people ONLY want Cave eggs, it wouldn't be fair on them.

Furthermore, I'm not concerned one bit about inbreeding. Sometimes I wish my collection was all CB but I don't feel like starting all over again now.

No. That's all i have to say, no. It'll mess up the ratios and everything, and people will do it to get rares. They'll freeze many commons which will cause the system to produce a few more rares. I like rares as rare.

I wouldn't mind rares being a little less rare.

And I still think you should be able to unfreeze dragons by abandoning them. You might be able to then get them back unfrozen of course, but you'd have to move fast and you'd risk somebody else nabbing them, especially hatchlings.

And I still think you should be able to unfreeze dragons by abandoning them. You might be able to then get them back unfrozen of course, but you'd have to move fast and you'd risk somebody else nabbing them, especially hatchlings.

Hatchlings aren't unfrozen when you release them, they go to the wilderness. Unfrozen hatchies get sent to the AP. If eggs were able to be frozen in any way, I think the vast majority was NO unfreezing or releasing them.

No. That's all i have to say, no. It'll mess up the ratios and everything, and people will do it to get rares. They'll freeze many commons which will cause the system to produce a few more rares. I like rares as rare.

How on earth would this happen? To my knowledge, frozen hatchlings are counted in the ratio, and frozen eggs would be as well. Freezing eggs would do nothing to mess up ratios unless the system was changed.

Besides, the ratios are a mess as it is. The Cave is STILL producing many, many New Pinks to fix its ratio.

Sure, people could freeze many commons to try and force the cave to drop more commons. But we've tried to pull that before and now we're getting mass drops of New Pinks for it. Besides, sure I could freeze a couple of hundred New Pinks. But would I WANT to?

And if you took the Abandon option off Frozen eggs, if you changed your mind about having them there, you'd have to kill them to get rid of them. And then you'd have dead eggs on your scroll, which is seriously frowned on.

And if you took the Abandon option off Frozen eggs, if you changed your mind about having them there, you'd have to kill them to get rid of them. And then you'd have dead eggs on your scroll, which is seriously frowned on.

I suppose you could release them into the wild, like you can with frozen hatchies.

A solution to both of these would be something like "peice the eggs back together" after the hatchling has hatched. This sounds a bit like cheating, in my opinion, but if there was a failure rate...

This is my favorite option.

For the people who say it could be used to clear out the cave...

Couldnt the egg count as a normal egg untill after, say 24 hours have passed? (Like killing one, you have to wait untill the dead egg no longer counts. but frozen eggs aint dead)

Besides the point of freezing is to colect all the pictures like on other adoptable sites.

I suppose you could release them into the wild, like you can with frozen hatchies.

But you can't 'release' eggs. You can only Abandon or Kill them at the moment.

Maybe if the egg had to be around for at least 24 hours, but you couldn't freeze it once it started cracking - you'd need to treat the egg just right to freeze it.

Or better still, maybe if you couldn't freeze more than one egg of each type?

Edited by Harley Quinn hyenaholic

An idea occurred to me - suppose you could breed frozen hatchlings with other frozen hatchlings to get frozen eggs? As in, they turn out eggs that are ALREADY dead.

An idea occurred to me - suppose you could breed frozen hatchlings with other frozen hatchlings to get frozen eggs? As in, they turn out eggs that are ALREADY dead.

I'd think that'd probably suffer the same effect that outright freezing eggs has been: People get squicked/creeped out by the idea.

But it's a very interesting take!

But you can't 'release' eggs. You can only Abandon or Kill them at the moment.

Maybe if the egg had to be around for at least 24 hours, but you couldn't freeze it once it started cracking - you'd need to treat the egg just right to freeze it.

Or better still, maybe if you couldn't freeze more than one egg of each type?

You can only release hatchlings once you freeze them, IMO it'd be the same with eggs if it were allowed.

The freeze before it was cracking was suggested, dunno where that idea went but I kinda like it. Maybe not be around 24 hours, maybe the 5 you would have to wait to abandon a cave egg, because it seems like the majority like freezing an egg taking up a slot for one day like a dead egg and then being kosher.

People already whined at only one per species, that's kinda telling them how to play the game (which is as you all know a BIG NO NO).

No on the hatchies breeding for a frozen egg. They're frozen in development, there's no way a hatchie could conceive. And yes, it's creepy.

Have a page separate from your scroll. Call it your Egg Collection. It could resemble a nest. And this is where all your hatched eggs, which you have put back together, would go.

I say this because I might like to keep my hatched eggs, but I don't particularly want them cluttering up my scroll.

I'd think that'd probably suffer the same effect that outright freezing eggs has been: People get squicked/creeped out by the idea.

But it's a very interesting take!

If people think a feature is creepy, they shouldn't use it. But that doesn't mean their views should affect other people. Personally, I'm not creeped out by any of the so-called No-no's in this game--killing dragons, inbreeding them, etc., because I never lose sight of the fact that these are just pixels.

Edited by Renorei

I'm not really a fan of this option :/ Seems like there's too many issues that come with it and special rigging that would need to go into it to make it work in a reasonable manner.

I would be fine with a piecing eggs back together after they hatched, that way there's still work that goes into it with hatching something.

If people think a feature is creepy, they shouldn't use it. But that doesn't mean their views should affect other people.

QFT.

Seriously, I understand if some people don't like it for themselves, wouldn't do it, etc. But why stop those who DO want it?

QFT.

Seriously, I understand if some people don't like it for themselves, wouldn't do it, etc. But why stop those who DO want it?

Well, that's where 'telling people how to play their game' comes from.

Although breeding hatchlings probably IS a creepy idea, I suggested it becasue, well, the immature hatchlings would turn out unhealthy eggs is all.

Of course, you would only be able to get the eggs you could breed for then, so it wouldn't work anyway.

I wouldn't mind having eggs on my scroll, but I wouldn't want more than one of each type of egg.

I'm all for it. Freezing eggs would be cool for collectors.

And as for freezing bred eggs... Once an egg hits the AP, the new owner can do with it whatever they want. Don't like that? Then don't breed, or keep what you breed.

I don't know how coding would be for this but with the concern of hording or messing up ratios what if you could only freeze one of each type of egg. Lets collectors have the eggs they want but gets rid of some of the abuse issues.

Teenagers who have kids have a high chance of something going wrong because their too young... Budgies shouldn't be bred until their a year old...

If it was possible to make a hatchie have kids in any way, by nature it would be a BAD move. Hatchlings are still growing up.

Also, young mums risk their own health (they have a higher chance of death) often to have a kid also due to the fact their bodies aren't ready. Opening the can of worm on frozen eggs is one thing, hatchies is an entire new can of sardines.

Geo, are you saying that because TJ MIGHT make it possible to breed frozen eggs from hatchlings, children will start breeding with each other?

Or are you totally forgetting the fact that Dragoncave is an IMAGINARY game?

Or maybe you think I think 8 year olds should get married or something silly like that.

How about... none of... the above...

Your response has offically creeped me out completely that you've come to that sort of conclusion when I said nothing to come to that conclusion on!?!?!? O_O

An issue was raised, I put out a note in nature and how I just want us to stick to freezing eggs and no other issue/

yes

1. once an egg is on your scroll its yours

2. in real life we got egg collectors, so collecting eggs is possibly, you just poke a small hole and remove what is inside, the egg is kept hole, so its viable

3. on issues, well some will always not like game things or other things in life, however freedom of choice should be for everyone, one persons freedom to make a choice should end where it intrudes on anothers to do the the same, so the issue with hatchling shouldnt bear consequense, its the same as saying just because vegetarians dont like meat, or object to people eating meat, we should force everyone to stop eating meat...that is not leaving freedom of choice...it should be electible to choose your diet, as it should be to descide gaming style and aims

4. on the issue of hording and issues with rares, simply make it so frozen eggs dont count towards the breeds quota, which means that a frozen gold egg actually aint a grivance, because the more people freezing one, the higher chance someone else is to get an egg - hence frozen eggs dont dimish your chances of anything, rather it increases it

i didnt read the whole tread, so may well covered some sugestions posted before...but basic gist, yes there is no reason not too, and some of the issues i did registrer people having consern with could simply enough be solved, others will not as it has to do with respect of others choice, and some people will never respect it (and here not pointing fingers at anyone or anyside, because the beef example could just as well be turned around to force vegetarians to eat meat, its up to each person to take it onto themself to respect that others should have a free choice even if its not the same as their own)

Freezing eggs? YES PLEASE.

I like the egg designs a lot, and wish that it were possible for us to keep them...

Besides, why can we cast the magic spell on hatched dragons only? Why not eggs? tongue.gif

it could be cool to freeze some eggs that look cool but then people might get a ton of eggs, freeze them, and get a ton more. If you were allowed to freeze eggs there should at least be some restrictions