HeatherMarie

Freezing Eggs

Some eggs, like autumns and vamps, are so gorgeous you just want to freeze one! But I feel like there should be a strict limit or else it'll become just another way to clear the AP.

Some eggs, like autumns and vamps, are so gorgeous you just want to freeze one! But I feel like there should be a strict limit or else it'll become just another way to clear the AP.

I agree. I would love to freeze one of each egg (especially the vampire). However, the magma egg, I would love to freeze at each of its hatching stages.

I hate the idea of freezing eggs. It's just weird and honestly I think useless. The point of this site is to raise a dragon, a living being whether young or adult. It would be nice if there were more things like the Leetle Trees where they won't grow up into anything and etc yeah that sounds cool but actual eggs like we have now? I vote no.

but wierd things are awesome laugh.gif

i personally would love to have that little piece of art on my scroll, i've made a couple eggs for the requests and i'd love to have some of my work stay on my more than a week

people do keep empty shells and decorate them, so why can't we have pretty little shells

i do love the leetle trees...but i like how they are special, i don't believe there should be too many things like them

TJ does have a site for Leetles: http://leetles.com/

I don't think you should be able to freeze an egg at each of its hatchling stages. That's just too many to freeze. Maybe you should only be able to freeze before the egg starts cracking?

That would stop some of the people complaining about how freezing eggs kills the hatchling inside.

Edited by Harley Quinn hyenaholic

Yeah, a while ago when TJ said he would implement it he said you could only freeze them if they hadnt started cracking.

I don't think you should be able to freeze an egg at each of its hatchling stages. That's just too many to freeze. Maybe you should only be able to freeze before the egg starts cracking?

That would stop some of the people complaining about how freezing eggs kills the hatchling inside.

Freezing at any stage still technically kills the hatchling inside the egg. However, I'm of the opinion that if one doesn't like the option, then just don't do it. :S

Srsly just cause its there doesn't mean people have to use it. :x

I really like the idea of piecing the shell back together after the egg hatches, it seems like it'd be a good compromise. Maybe (I don't know if this has been suggested already) the mints could have this as a BSA? I guess it could work for any breed of dragon, but it might encourage people to collect mints. I'm not 100% sure how this would work, but maybe for 24 hours after the egg hatches, if the BSA is used, the mint can attempt to piece the shell back together. A success rate of about 25-50% sounds about right to me, because if the action fails it won't be harming any of your dragons, and if it fails you'll still be keeping the hatchling.

I'm fairly certain TJ's said this was going to happen before.

Just not for eggs that have started cracking, or sommat like that.

He did. About a year ago, with the implication that it was going to happen this past spring. No clue what happened to that.

I dont see why not, just slap the freezeing limit on it.

I also dont get why people actuly care, they arent hatclings if the eg hadint cracked, still eymbros, besides if you dont like the idea dont use it tongue.gif

Now, aside from trapping the baby in the egg, what trouble would this cause?

There is now a time limit on freezing hatchlings, a longer time limit could also be placed on freezing eggs.

People can already kill or neglect bred eggs that are auto-abandoned on the AP. Freezing bred eggs from the APshould not be any more shocking for lineage breeders.

Poor sports will accuse people with more complete collections of "hoarding" no matter what the rules are. Their complaints should not be allowed to sway a decision one way or the other on whether to add frozen eggs.

If member really feel that rare eggs are too rare, they need to request that rares simply be made less rare. I don't think we need to attempt adjusting the rarity with some more round-about method involving restrictions on freezing.

I really like the idea of piecing the shell back together after the egg hatches, it seems like it'd be a good compromise. Maybe (I don't know if this has been suggested already) the mints could have this as a BSA? I guess it could work for any breed of dragon, but it might encourage people to collect mints. I'm not 100% sure how this would work, but maybe for 24 hours after the egg hatches, if the BSA is used, the mint can attempt to piece the shell back together. A success rate of about 25-50% sounds about right to me, because if the action fails it won't be harming any of your dragons, and if it fails you'll still be keeping the hatchling.

I think this is a REALLY good idea.

happy.gif

I can see no reason why anyone would want to freeze more than one egg of each type, except maybe for the lineages? But then I would think one would want to hatch it instead. My only reason for wishing for this function is so that I have the option to put 1 egg next to each "set" I have of the different breeds just so that you can see what they started as. Perhaps that is why it wasn't done in the past, because when I began playing this game there wasn't nearly the transparency there is now about what dragons come from which eggs and which were rarer and so on.

I would possibly want to freeze two of each type, but that's just me.

What if egg freezing was a BSA? And you could only use it once a week. Obviously people with about a million of the dragon whose BSA it was could freeze lots more eggs but they'd still have had to raise that adult first.

and again, the coding issue on empty eggs, i still think that simply adding a fifth digit to the hatchie-which-hatched-from-its code would solve other abuse issues(wouldnt be able to post empty eggs in self-serve hatcheries, etc.), and also make it easier to tell where the egg came from. i suspect the fifth digit could just be any other letter, or a specific letter pertaining to reconstructed eggs only. F/f, S/s, R/r, or E/e perhaps.

Self-serve hatcheries are already able to differentiate between frozen and non-frozen hatchlings, so I would assume the same practices would happen with these empty eggs.

I would possibly want to freeze two of each type, but that's just me.

What if egg freezing was a BSA? And you could only use it once a week. Obviously people with about a million of the dragon whose BSA it was could freeze lots more eggs but they'd still have had to raise that adult first.

Huge support for this idea. Maybe the BSA could go to one of the ice legendary? Seasonal winter wouldn't exactly make sense, but it's a possible solution.

I don't think it can go to a legendary, since only commons are getting BSAs. If it has to be a BSA, maybe it would be good for a non-alt black or a non-alt vine? That would encourage people to actually KEEP those and raise them to adulthood instead of just chucking them when they don't turn out to be alts. The blacks are supposed to have some pretty powerful magic. If stones were more common, I'd suggest them, and have the egg-freezing be called "petrify."

I'd quite like it. I really would. Some of the egg sprites are really beautiful. (I'm rather fond of the gold and blue stripe, myself).

However, time to bring up some points that I saw in the 'freezing hatchlings' topic a while back.

1) Wouldn't this count as killing them? You can get away with hatchlings as being in a state of eternal youth, but eggs? I know some people will be against this.

2) People would count the freexing of rares, esspecially if they were CB, as unfair hoarding. I'm not sure how strong an argument this would be, but still....

3) People might overuse it. E.g. freezing pinks from the AP, using it to unlock scroll, etc.

A solution to both of these would be something like "peice the eggs back together" after the hatchling has hatched. This sounds a bit like cheating, in my opinion, but if there was a failure rate...

I like the last idea =) Some of the eggs are quite pretty, but I don't like freezing, so it would at least work for me.

If unlimited frozen eggs are allowed then I think it should be a process more than an action. Example: I mark an egg as frozen right when I pick it up. For the next few days, it takes up an egg slot and it requires as many views and clicks as an unfrozen egg would take to hatch. Once it has reached the same age as it would normally hatch with enough views, then it should be able to survive like a frozen hatchling without support. That way, at least, freezing eggs will take effort. If something like that is put in place, then I would be fine with unlimited frozen eggs.

I like this idea! Or it could be an action you can't use a lot due to a long cool down period EX: 2 frozen eggs= 2 week cool down or something along those lines.

I don't care if it takes up an egg spot, if there's a limit like there is with freezing hatchlings, I don't *care* what the restrictions are, I'd just love this to be possible!

Frozen eggs should not count towards the total population of the breed.

The Yulebuck eggs are GORGEOUS, but, if I froze one, would it count to my 2 yule limit?

Frozen eggs should not count towards the total population of the breed.

The Yulebuck eggs are GORGEOUS, but, if I froze one, would it count to my 2 yule limit?

agreed

i agree with the idea of having an option to "piece the egg shell back together." I dont like the idea of freezing an egg, because think about it, if you take an egg and put it in the freezer, its gonna die. frozen egg. And for the ppl that argue about the frozen hatchlings being dead, when you freeze a hatchling, it specifically says you "cast a spell that stops any aging" not killing it. i like the idea of having an option for peicing the egg back together, but also like the iddea of having a fail rate. like, maybe most of the time you "try hard to gently replace the shell pieces, but break them in the process" but then sometimes you "manage to succesefully place all the pieces together without breaking any" and then you get your new "empty egg". i SO think thats what they should be called, instead of "frozen egg".

PS sorry for the novel. lol