HeatherMarie

Freezing Eggs

I kinda like the idea, but kinda not. I can understand if you like the egg sprites and love to build up frozen egg armies that will crush anyone in their path, possibly another DC World Record thing. But I'm the gal who gets eggs, tries to get them to hatch, and then try to get the hatchling to adulthood.

That's the only reason I can't get fully on board with it. It does seem unfair, because for people who really want frozen eggs, they *would* be getting "two for one", and that doesn't seem right. Having your cake and eating it too. Having the egg but also the hatchling from that egg? Seems too good.

But usually people always complain we need everything to be more 'realistic' and a if you stole a real life egg, the shell wouldn't disappear after what's inside hatches.

And it has so many advantages, especially that nobody would feel it was like killing a hatchling before it is born.

And I really think it being a breed specific action (we have so many dragons now I don't think we even have reasonable actions suggested for all of them laugh.gif ) would deal with that concern.

I would even like that better than a trading feature which I don't like at all, but I won't say that out loud because people will want to strangle me ...ooops tongue.gif

I like the idea of having the egg sprites. The only trouble is the gigantical can of worms that gets opened up by freezing eggs. Freezing Rare hatchlings is already an iffy business; if people started freezing the eggs that would definitely be unfair.

Plus wouldn't it mess with the ratios? Would frozen eggs count as alive, or dead?

And if you could unfreeze them, people would freeze them for a while then unfreeze them when they've got time to hatch them.

I really do like the idea of piecing an egg back together, that way it would be fair and keep any disputes to a minimum. Perhaps if people didn't want others hoarding eggs, it could have a percentage of success? (I dont see why though, freezing hatchies always works...but piecing an egg would be a bit more challenging xd.png)

I like the idea of having the egg sprites. The only trouble is the gigantical can of worms that gets opened up by freezing eggs. Freezing Rare hatchlings is already an iffy business; if people started freezing the eggs that would definitely be unfair.

Plus wouldn't it mess with the ratios? Would frozen eggs count as alive, or dead?

And if you could unfreeze them, people would freeze them for a while then unfreeze them when they've got time to hatch them.

I certainly don't see how it would be "unfair". IF TJ decided to implement this, then it would be completely okay per TJ, therefore completely okay in-game. Just like frozen hatchlings. Many people don't like frozen hatchlings, but that doesn't stop it from happening or being a part of the game, so I don't see why it should have weight for this idea.

I don't think we should be able to unfreeze them. Why would we? We can't unfreeze hatchlings. Yes, it would probably lead to abuse, which is why we shouldn't be able to.

Do frozen hatchlings count in the overall ratios? (I'm asking, I really don't know). I assume frozen eggs would act the same as frozen hatchlings re ratios.

I love the idea of a frozen egg counting on your scroll for 24 hours like a killed egg. That would protect against abuse a lot.

Yes, frozen hatchlings count towards the ratios. All living dragons count, no matter what stage they are or where they are (so wild dragons count too).

Personally, I think this is a good idea as long as people don't overuse it. I've been wondering about this as well, actually. Since the only reason why I freeze my hatchlings is so that I can have the whole process of a dragon's growth. It would be nice if I can do the same for the eggs.

I, personally, love the idea of piecing eggs back together. However, it feels rather like cheating when you get a hatcling AND an egg. To prevent people from abusing the option, I think you should only be able to piece together hatched eggs, to keep a little bit of challenge in the game. Maybe, and forgive me if this has been suggested before, you could have a seperate 'museum' section in you're scroll, where the eggs don't need clicks and don't really count as dragons. They're just for display. They could automatically be named "________'s Egg" and you could have a choice of piecing it back together so your 'museum' wouldn't be overflowing with unwanted eggshells. Perhaps you could have a 'discard' option for eggshells, also (they're not living, so they really wouldn't need to be abandoned, right?). This is just a suggestion; feel free to rip it to shreds if you dislike it.

I like the idea of piecing the eggs back together too. And the "museum" also seems interesting, but would that be just like a duplicate scroll, just with only eggs? I like it^^.

Maybe you should have the species of the egg you wish to freeze fully evolved (umm, have an adult), not for any big purpose though^^;;

I remember putting my two cents in about this awhile back, but I definitely

like the 'museum' idea, because then people couldn't just grab eggs and

freeze them [although it might help break down the AP wall]. They would

actually have to take care of them first, which I think makes the whole egg

freezing thing more of a viable option. smile.gif

I don't like this idea, and I wouldn't freeze eggs even if I could. It'll seem too creepy to have an egg sitting there permantly, never hatching, never dying, never doing anything. At first I thought even freezing hatchlings was a little weird (over that now) but having an egg rot away on my scroll is just...no thanks.

I don't like this idea, and I wouldn't freeze eggs even if I could. It'll seem too creepy to have an egg sitting there permantly, never hatching, never dying, never doing anything. At first I thought even freezing hatchlings was a little weird (over that now) but having an egg rot away on my scroll is just...no thanks.

Well, one of the suggestions is to have eggs be pieced together from shells after the hatchling, uh, hatched. Would you still find that creepy? smile.gif

But then people could freeze the eggs they accidentally picked up... (Dunno if this was already said)

I guess the same system as the abandonning one could be implemented:

Freeze: You cannot freeze this egg because you have not had it long enough. You must wait x more hours.

It would solve the "grab, freeze, grab" problem.

Isn't the scroll not ACTUALLY made up of dragons, but rather a document with the pictures of the dragons that the person has gathered?

Couldn't you say that the scroll's "artist" thought the egg was so beautiful that they kept a copy of it on the scroll as a keepsake?

Isn't the scroll not ACTUALLY made up of dragons, but rather a document with the pictures of the dragons that the person has gathered?

Couldn't you say that the scroll's "artist" thought the egg was so beautiful that they kept a copy of it on the scroll as a keepsake?

Hmm, I don't think anyone's thought about it like that before. It's an interesting idea, and it makes sense. C:

What if, when a dragon hatches, you can "put the egg back together" and keep it as an ornament? Maybe has a breed ability?

Maybe if you could only freeze one egg a day - or only have one frozen egg of each breed on your scroll. Or maybe you need to have the egg for at least 24 hours before you can freeze it.

I like the idea of freezing eggs in some way - after all, many's the time when I've wished I had a note of what the dragon egg's description is.

I might be wrong, but I think a lot of people wanted you to have as many as you want. Also, the having for 24 hours thing should only be for CB eggs.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. A waiting time for all of those is good, then. After all, if you just want to get rid of an AP egg you can always abandon it. Being able to autofreeze your own bred eggs should be okay, though.

Well you don't want people grabbing and freezing eggs just to clear the AP.

Personally I like the idea of using this to clear the AP. >.>

that's why i liked the piecing it back together idea

the hatchling lives so no one can complain about "killing rares", you still have to work for it//time limit of taking it to hatch, people clean out the AP by hatching the eggs and then reabandoning them, so some might use the eggs as a way to show how many they have rescued

i'm thinking something like, when you view the newly hatched hatchling on it's page it will say something like:

"You notice pieces of egg shell scattered around. Would you like to piece them back together or throw them out?"

probably have to piece it back together within a day of the hatchling hatching or "the egg shell has been broken beyond repair"

if the hatchling is forced i believe it would share the broken beyong repair phrase

it's up to TJ if he wants a % of if it can be repaired or not, but for holiday ones i'd say have it always work, personally i would hate to not be able to keep a christmas egg as an ornament because it simply failed