HeatherMarie

Freezing Eggs

To stop the "You froze my baby!" complaints I'm guessing.

But CB only will not work for Geodes and others...

It won't work for Striped dragons either. And I don't know if Alts show up in the Cave either.

But I repeat, some of the Eggs are really lovely, and it would be nice to have them to have a record of what their description is. Maybe if you needed to have an egg for 24 hours before freezing - that would stop people from grabbing to freeze. It would also keep people from freezing low time eggs which are popular grabs.

Edited by Harley Quinn hyenaholic

I am totally against freezing eggs, it kind of defeats their purpose to me.

However I like the piecing the shell back together idea, it's neat.

I don't really mind.

They're pixels, not real eggs, so I don't find myself in any way distressed about people having frozen eggs in their scrolls.

I don't think I would, tho, as I don't freeze hatchlings. I'd rather have the adults, but that's me.

Also, I don't mind if someone freezes an egg that I have bred.

It's worse when people catch an egg I've bred, and just let it die because of not enough knowledge, and such.

But the piecing back together the shell is the best option. That should stop complains from people who are too touchy over their dragons.

I thought about how I'd feel if somebody froze an egg I had bred, and I decided I wouldn't mind that much. I'd actually mind less than I would if it died.

It begs the question though, if you froze it while it was cracking, would it still have the crack or hole?

there was a discussion like that a while back - didn't the outcome say something like piecing together the egg shells after the hatchling hatched would solve most of the issues with freezing eggs? unsure.gif

and I so want the pretty egg sprites on my scroll too biggrin.gif

I don't mind if this idea is implanted or not. I personally wouldn't use it, but I'm sure some people would like it.

The first time it was implanted, there would suddenly be a lot of grabbing of common and uncommon eggs alike from the AP.

I'm just thinking how the Leetle Tree egg was capable of freezing in egg form forever.

It would also mean that people would get eggs just to hatch, then abandon the hatchlings.

but when hatchlings are abandoned people pick them up quickly

personally i'd love to see a few hatchling floating around the AP every now and then, other than being stolen before the page loads

I think to prevent grabing from the AP to clear it, they should count towards the egg count for an hour.

Also, the eggs should gender, as soon as they become frozen, that's what happens on Unicreatures, and I think it's a good Idea. The gender can be a reference to the dragon inside the egg...

i think frozen eggs is a great idea

mainly for collectors who want one of EVERYTHING Dragcave has to offer

or just because the egg looks cool

or cause it will die if you don't

I don't particularly care for it, but I'm not AGAINST it...

I would like to say that if it WERE to be implemented, I do not think they should have genders. Personally, I think that's rather silly.

Edit: Would frozen eggs count towards the site count of how many of certain breeds are "alive", like frozen hatchlings do (for rarity reasons and stuff)?

Edited by FireAngel73

i believe it would be like frozen ,ungendered hatchlings but in egg form

i think the "patch up the pieces from the broken egg after the hatchling leaves" suggestion is a great idea!

1. people wont be grabbing, freezing and grabbing some more to clear the AP

2. it wont make linage people mad since the hatchling lives

3.there will be some hatchlings in the AP, and all hatchlings snatch up quicly.

can someone change the poll to add the "patch up the pieces" suggestion?

*Votes yes*

That would be good for people who want one of everything.

Once I saw a scroll with a male and female adult and hatchling of everything.

If a breeder cared at all what happened to the egg, they would't abandon it.

Edited by chemist98

I too want one of everything - although it's devilish hard to get the rare ones.

It would be a bit silly to gender eggs though.

I'm not worried about the hatched eggs being pieced back together again and the hatchlings abandoned - hatchlings are snatched up quickly regardless of their species.

But if an egg hatched, how much time would you have to piece the egg back together before it couldn't be frozen? Would it be until the hatchling gendered? Or as long as it was a hatchling? Or would it be a set time?

How about

Yes, but only CB's and Inbreds?

That is, if it's possible to code it like that..

The main reason against piecing the shell back together was the user would get two for one. Which is a little ridiculous IMO because no other things were suggesting that were liked. No gendering.

@macro: when you're looking through threads, on the scroll icon to the far left purple for threads, green for polls, there will be a little grey/black dot if you've posted there before. Open scroll means new posts, closed means none. xd.png

as for time limit to piece it back together, i'd say a day to two days

or whatever time TJ thinks would work best