Oracle Mask

The Evil Project ~ abandoned page, AP~

I did pretty well today. Adopted three pinks, two new pinks off the cave (Wave and 0HEX) and then a Bright Pink off the AP. X3

OMG Sooba lfg ftw.

And I'm in on this awesometastic evil plan.

Username; Deitress.

Wow, this sure did plummet down a few pages. happy.gif

I've been thinking some; maybe we should find a way to perk this project up a bit! But I really don't want to give away golds or silvers like other people do (even IF that's kind of moot since, eh heh, don't have any metallic dragons anyway xd.png), but is there something else we can do?

Ideas, anyone?

I'm participating, just not posting. I've hatched and frozen several greens to get them out of the massive breeding pool, and my scroll looks like an Easter basket right now with all the pinks (and one purple) I grabbed off the main cave when they just weren't moving. I still need a new-pink female, but everyone else is going back to the AP.

Ha ha ha! I love this idea xd.png though it seems to be greens that are more of the problem these days.

Thing is I can't really do it because I'm scroll locked all the time right now xd.png I'm trying to get one of every breed and I haven't exhausted all the commons quite yet. Gimme another couple weeks and maybe I'll join yah tongue.gif

Good, this project is not down for the count! Darn, if I had known that earlier, maybe I could have prevented my scroll from getting scroll-locked again xd.png Will still participate, but only when I feel like it tongue.gif

Ooh...this sounds like something I'd like to participate in. (Heck, I was half-considering doing something like it on my own.)

Once my current crop grows up, I'll start nabbing pinks and purples. happy.gif

I'm participating, just not posting.

I'm trying to have a pink or purple from the cave or a green from the AP (they seem to be more of a problem at the moment) on my scroll most of the time but it seems a bit silly to post 'got one' and 'released one' every other day. wink.gif

Hence why I wanted to do something that would make posting seem less silly! happy.gif Like if we were going to have a contest or something...oh!

Maybe we should count how many we hatch in June, or something? And then the winner gets...something? [/not one of my more super-special-awesome ideas]

Wow, this sure did plummet down a few pages. happy.gif

I've been thinking some; maybe we should find a way to perk this project up a bit! But I really don't want to give away golds or silvers like other people do (even IF that's kind of moot since, eh heh, don't have any metallic dragons anyway xd.png), but is there something else we can do?

Ideas, anyone?

You know, I actually made a post about something similar in the Parent Finder Adoption thread.

*Link to the post* and quoted for overkill, xd.png:

You know, I was wondering.... There's a post for Special events, but no Events. What if we had every other month as an "Adopt A <insert color here> Month"? I say ever other month, or maybe every 2 months, because a lot of people have other things going, and this is more of a side project.

I was trying to think of how it could work, but I'm not so great with Event planning. But I was thinking that in the designated month, You have several categories to enter, like "Bred (not your own, but from others)", "Caveborn (from the Main Cave only)", "Low Hour Catch (less than 5 or 4 days, from the AP), or something like that. Goal, of course, is to get the most of the designated color in that month.

Have a list of donors, and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category could get an egg from a breeding of their choice. To be fair, they have to take the egg that is bred, no matter the breed, and donors can stipulate rules (naming, freezing, etc). If it is a multi-egg clutch, they can choose. Also to be fair, you can only enter 1 category. Maybe some honorable mentions could receive eggs, but not be able to choose. Or something like that.

I know this is kind of like the "So You Want A Silver" project, which is why I was thinking only once every other or every 2 months. Or perhaps we could team up with them on this. And if Da Daily Dragon works out, maybe we could advertise there.

Again, I'm not a great event planner, so feel free to ignore me if this sounds silly. Or somebody with more skill can take it and make it better.  Just tossing out some ideas for events. 

Since their ideas, and the Green Project, are somewhat similar to yours, perhaps we could team up on project like this? Maybe? Perhaps?

lol I don't know, it was a thought one day when I was thread browsing. smile.gif

Wow, it's never been easier to be evil! xd.png

At the moment it's enough to adopt a pink for 5 hours. I took one on when there was a line of three pinks in the cave. Five hours later when I abandoned it it got snatched away in a second.

This sounds like an awesome idea. I'm completely locked currently, but once my eggs start hatching I will start grabbing those pinks and purples.

I needed a female pink anyway smile.gif

Just wanted to say I'm very impressed with all of you - you're much more noble than I.

I'd actually planned to start picking up unwanted Black dragons (which I even like) way back when, once I was caught up on the dragons I wanted, which hasn't happened yet and doesn't look likely in the near future.

But while I'm not actually up for joining this right now, as I have evil but selfish plans of my own, I did snag an Earth egg (NOT my favorite sprite, and I have some for Geode efforts anyway, so just one, since I'm a greedy pig) specifically off the AP so as to save somebody's bred baby, and sure enough, it's a cave-born...

(But if I do abandon the little sucker, it'll be as a hatchling.)

And while I haven't read all 20-odd pages, this seems to be common, that Cave-born wall-of-egg-types are found on the AP.

Makes you wonder how often we assume it's people trying to breed Geodes/Golds producing those walls of green/pink/purple, when very likely a lot of it's actually people's boo-boo pick-ups from the Drops...

You'd think there'd be enough variety among Commons now that high proportions of the least wanted dragons being produced by the Cave would no longer be necessary...

Just picked up a low-time pink off the AP, which turned out to be CB. Should be a hatchling by tomorrow or Monday. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep or abandon it, so if anyone wants it, let me know. smile.gif

Boy, had to go looking for this - what's it doing down here?

This should be up on the 1st page where people like me who may not want to commit to a regular number may nonetheless consider picking up the odd 'flood' egg to try the hatch-and-release program with dragons they may not actually want adding length to their scrolls.

Thought I'd grab just one AP Pink tonight but there were hardly any, although it was piling up with Mints so, being this after dinner-time, I took one.

I guess a lot of the current AP 'Pink shortage' and lack of weekend AP clog is due to the noble rescue efforts here?

Great work, guys!

Finally, I'm making myself useful to this project! Picked up a pink from the cave drops recently.

Yeah, maybe we can join the other projects and make DC a better place xd.png

Well, I just took a mint and a pink off the main page. cool.gif

There is something oddly satisfying about grabbing two eggs off the AP and knowing for sure that you've just unblocked the cave.

Oracle, I just spotted something. WHere you said who made the various banners you called me Sparkie! Any chance you could change that to Clarkie?

Thanks.

Edit:

Another smaller banner:

user posted image

Without Link:

[IMG=http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh378/8clarkie8/EvilProjectBanner2.png]

With Link:

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=45321&st=0][IMG=http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh378/8clarkie8/EvilProjectBanner2.png][/URL]

Edited by clarkie

Just picked up a low-time pink off the AP, which turned out to be CB. Should be a hatchling by tomorrow or Monday. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep or abandon it, so if anyone wants it, let me know. smile.gif

I dropped the new hatching a bit ago, but neglected to remember the code, so I don't know who got it. ><

Just found this on page five...

Because of this thread, I wound up picking up 5 eggs I otherwise wouldn't have, although I realized I could actually use another male green for Geode breeding, so will keep that hatchling, and the other has a cool code, joyq (no capitals used) so I'll probably keep that one;

that I would eventually want a new female Pink anyway, since I didn't have one, and male or female, will pretty much have to keep the one with the code gnie (no caps used, genie, of course);

and eventually I'd planned on getting a couple more Mints and now have one off the AP that I might as well keep.

It also saved me 5 nights of staying up a couple of hours later trying to catch something I did know I wanted when I was probably too tired to hope for success anyway.

So I'm putting this baby back up on the front page - sometimes the things you don't particularly want to do for various reasons work out rather nicely, all round.

And even those of us who don't want to commit to a regular schedule of helping with AP clearance of commons might find doing so once in a while isn't so bad...

The AP blockage certainly reduced a lot while this thread was 1st page...

(Edit: need to sleep, not try to type at 6 AM...)

Edited by Syphoneira

Oracle, I just spotted something. WHere you said who made the various banners you called me Sparkie! Any chance you could change that to Clarkie?

Thanks.

Edit:

Another smaller banner:

user posted image

Without Link:

[IMG=http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh378/8clarkie8/EvilProjectBanner2.png]

With Link:

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=45321&st=0][IMG=http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh378/8clarkie8/EvilProjectBanner2.png][/URL]

...Not again! I keep screwing up with that! xd.png Going to go fix it now, AND to add in this trendy new banner you made!