Oracle Mask

The Evil Project ~ abandoned page, AP~

I had space for new eggs a few days now, so I descided to join this 'evil plan' of yours smile.gif I trust that peddle eggs also count? (if not, I picked a pink egg also)

I just rescued a low-hour pink egg that hatched within a few minutes on the ER. I haven't decided whether I'm going to keep it or not, so I'm offering it if anyone wants it. Its CB. Let me know. happy.gif

Going to go ahead and drop it, Via the Hatchling Departure and PFAA.

Edited by Gyps13

Just wondering what this important project is doing, lurking down here where nobody can find it...

I just rescued a low-hour pink egg that hatched within a few minutes on the ER. I haven't decided whether I'm going to keep it or not, so I'm offering it if anyone wants it. Its CB. Let me know. happy.gif

Going to go ahead and drop it, Via the Hatchling Departure and PFAA.

Deja vu, lol. This time its a CB ER balloon that hatched within minutes. Honestly, I don't understand why people would abandon something this late, when literally 10 minutes in a couple of ERs (self-serve ERs, you don't even need to register!) would give them a lovely little hatchie. I mean, it only needed 1351 OV and 95 UV to hatch! And its not even going to be sick! The only reason I have it fogged is becuase I can't take it out of the ER myself!

Hrmph. [/end rant]

Anyway, rant aside, same as the Pink applies to this little guy. Depending on future trades/finds/etc, if I don't keep it, it will depart via the HDT, DCNB, or PFAA. So PM me if you want it before then. happy.gif

Edited by Gyps13

Gyps13 - congratulations on a lovely rescue.

Apparently a lot of DC players aren't on the forums and wouldn't know about ERs...

I just sent a Pink hatchie off via the Departure Board - wasn't on the AP when I checked, so presumably he's in a loving home.

Am I the only one who feels kind of empty and sad about unloading a hatchie I didn't want in the first place?

I'll join. ^^ All these "free up the AP!" projects are rather fun.

Anyway, rant aside, same as the Pink applies to this little guy. Depending on future trades/finds/etc, if I don't keep it, it will depart via the HDT, DCNB, or PFAA. So PM me if you want it before then. happy.gif

I've decided this little guy is going to join my growing kindergarten, so it may not count for this particular project. But at least he'll be treasured and enjoyed. happy.gif

And I don't worry about releasing hatchies. I see far less tombstones than I do broken eggs, so it doesn't bother me. Some times I regret it later, but only because I realize a week later that, "Oh! I could've used that little guy/gal!"

just abandoned my pink hatchling smile.gif

(plus, BUMP, shouldn't be on the third page ...)

Edited by albertina

good to see this up again. I've been sorta slacking off evil plans while getting all the new eggs and breeding but I'm ready to go again now. I just wish we could have more eggs. Cause with only 4 I get scroll locked fast.

I just picked up a mint egg (the abandoned page was full of peddle eggs and mints). Plan: hatch it and abandon it ... my question, does this also fall under this 'evil plan' or does it have to be pinks and purples? nobody really answered this yet ... (just details I know .. I suppose it's more the idea that counts rather then what type of eggs you really take, as long as they are very common on the AP).

Albertina, it can be any egg that is clogging AP at the moment. so green, pruple, white, mint whatever is clogging things. I ususally grab whatever is most numerous at the moment. but the point of this is simple to unclog the AP by giving people hatchies of the eggs they usually won't grab. I know that I am far more likely to take that has less time or is hatchie.

I'm starting to think that balloons need to come under this umbrella. For ages the cave was just three balloons.

Hello, TEP people! I spport you, but everytime the eggie hatches, I just wanna keep the adorable hatchie!

Also, I won't ever pick up New Pinks, I'm stickin' to Bright Pinks.

Color doesn't really matter when picking it up, its just the ones that seem to clog either the AP or Main Cave. Pinks and Purples count from the Main Cave as well.

And yeah, I agree balloons seem to be becoming 'unwanted' as well. I've begun seeing 2-3 floating around the AP for several refreshes, as well as on the Main page.

I've a question.

I'm part of the Adoption Day Project, where we keep the eggs we pick up in the AP. May I still do that for the ones I take up for TEP? I'd like to keep them and give them names instead of abandoning them.

(Wont give all those I get in the AP the word "Orphan" just the ones I get for the Adoption Project) The rest would be given normal names according to breed as I have been doing since starting.

Edited by ShakaFireFly

I've got three, a mint a green and a purple. I'm so evil tongue.gif

Balloons are definetly a problem. I must admit I personally hate the sprite, other than the first stage hatchie. So I may not be the only person who doesn't like them. I might consider hatching a few though. I don't know. for me, it's the one dragon where a hatchie is not more appealing so I'm not sure how that would work.

I've a question.

I'm part of the Adoption Day Project, where we keep the eggs we pick up in the AP. May I still do that for the ones I take up for TEP? I'd like to keep them and give them names instead of abandoning them.

(Wont give all those I get in the AP the word "Orphan" just the ones I get for the Adoption Project) The rest would be given normal names according to breed as I have been doing since starting.

Hmm? Sure, go for it. We don't have a naming scheme here; we just snatch 'n hatch.

Balloons are definetly a problem. I must admit I personally hate the sprite, other than the first stage hatchie. So I may not be the only person who doesn't like them. I might consider hatching a few though. I don't know. for me, it's the one dragon where a hatchie is not more appealing so I'm not sure how that would work.

Eh, Balloons are kinda funny-looking. Y'know, goofy. I can see why people don't like them as a result. Still, if people love the hatchling more than the adult, and WE end up providing them with hatchlings that they can freeze and love...it all works out nicely, see? smile.gif

Sorry if I sound depressed. Someone decided it would be hilarious to SMASH one of my dragon's babies. I knew that pink wasn't likely to be picked up, so I went ahead and cleared space so I could get it back (my first multi-clutch in a long time, AND it was for my Love lineage project), but I went to go see if it'd been adopted and I find out that it's DEAD.

Seriously, why did someone think that was a good idea? mad.gif

Edited by Oracle Mask

That's why I don't really look up my babies babies anymore - it's sometimes just too distressing.

Sending extra sympathy, as it would be even worse when you were actually looking for it to bring it back home...

I like your plan, and could really use some females in my stock. You should message me next time you do a drop.

I've been regualrly hatching and releasing babies lately but one thing I don't get. What's with the mints? are they used for breeding some metallic that I don't know about cause not that many people like them and it seems like they are a ton of them out there.

Oracle - sorry your baby got mashed. could you message them and ask them to try and revieve it for you? There used to be that option, as I saved one of my whites with it once.

I've been picking up a lot of peddle eggs lately for this project ... I don't see much pink in the AP actually when I look for eggs to hatch and drop ... purples are also quite 'rare' (compared to peddles and mints anyway...) ..

edit: @majic: I think there are used for that purpose yes ... I've heard a rumor that they breed well with metallics, but well ... maybe a part of them are also caught in the cave and abandoned again ..

Edited by albertina

that's kinda what I'm thinking. the Pebbles are used for breeding geodes, but when you go for a geode, you often get tons of regular pebbles. I wanna try and breed myself another geode but there's just too many pebbles around. I'm wondering if we should start freezing pebbles instead of releaseing that maybe that would cut down the breeding stock a little?

It's up to you whether you want to freeze 'em or release 'em or drop 'em in the AP once you hatch, at least as far as I'm concerned. I know there are other projects floating around that reward freezing, and others for donating hatchlings to other people for their frozen armies, but just because you're doing this project doesn't mean you can't do anything else with those dragons.