rainface

Hatchlings

"Powers are a go. We shall see what happens." Fenix moved back a bit, to give them space to spar.

Zenith focused his mind on his necklace. The clone stood there and watched him. He decided to try other commands that he had not thought of. He had it fly around and swim, trying to find out what he could do. "I wonder what you see...." He mused ti himself.

Stoneza nodded then went into a battle stance. Wings once again half folded he went to all 4's and then started to approch Fenix.

Crusher decided to go after Zenith. He came to the water fall after following the scent. He waited at a distance "Looks like its recovered since last time." he commented loud enough for Zenith to hear.

Zenith turned and saw Crusher. "It seems to not even know about it." He turned his attention back to the clone. What do you see? He sent to it. Zenith's vision became cloudy, then he could see what it saw. It did not last long though. Zenith's vision returned to him with a flash and he was glad he was laying down. "Well that was... different."

Fenix got into a battle position. He placed a small barrier under the stone dragons in front of its front feet, seeing if he would trip over them.

Stoneza felt the shield but just stepped over it. His tail held up for an attack. He continued to approach Fenix. He was getting close now.

Crusher nodded and came over to Zenith. He looked at the clone "Do you want to continue to see what else this may be? If my evil self gets in..... I know I triggered something so I'd rather we find out rather then our enemy."

Fenix put up another shield, but this one was in front of his chest. He was trying to see how he would react to some things first. He backed up faster then he was approaching, trying to get more space between the two.

Zenith nodded and commanded the clone to come back. "Okay. Let's do it."

Blanchia sighed and offered a smile. "I've already had the people I love killed and I have no reason to injure those that committed to their deaths." While she sounded honest and her words were too, she couldn't find it in her heart to accept her parents deaths. She often held limiters on her powers due to the fact of being able to wholly and completely believe in humans and their kind once again. Up until her death her mother had always, always believed that humans were good. Blanchia frowned ever so slightly and then blinked her eyes to shoo it all away. "Alright, let's go again."

-----

Archer looked up at the sky thoughtfully and subconsciously began to imprint the design on his back, the clouds shifting on his wings as if they were exact mirrors. "Alright..." he said. "Though, no one else gets hurt." Archer brought his gaze to Jink and the clouds froze on his wings eerily. "Even if they get in your way, they mustn't be killed."

((So sorry for the late reply I haven't slept for two nights straight do to my Papa being in the hospital. He finally came home and minutes later I collapsed and slept for I think 16 hours x.x))

"Alright." Scuta said.

He stretched a limb that had been bothering him and sped at her.

"Fine, I won't kill anyone else. Injuries cannot be promised." He said.

He relaxed entirely now. Archer wouldn't be a threat even if he chose to turn on him. But as always his hind legs never relaxed.

((GAH! Nothing to post with, just quick replies to statements I suppose. Nyeh.))

Stoneza fired off a shot half the size of his jaws. The shot contained a rock with heat waves coming off it.

Crusher nodded and once again looked at the clone then narrowed his eye's in focus "Let me know exacly when you feel the presents show up again." he said to Zenith then started to try to input his own command to get it to sit down. Adding little by little of his magic into the telepathic link to make his stronger little by little.

Fenix batted the rock away with his tail, and regretted it. He had accomplished what he wanted by swinging his tail, but it hurt. He placed a shield that was shaped like a dome under his foot that was coming down. He then ran tried to get around Stoneza.

Zenith could feel Crusher's command in his own mind as it was sent to the Clone. The clone got the same look on his face. After a few seconds, Zenith could feel that presence making itself known. "It's there Crusher." He said quickly. This time though, he did not completely cut off his link to the clone, and he tried to figure out where it was coming from while battling it off.

Crusher nodded then slowly lowered the power a bit. "Alright, let me know when things get out of hand." he said then began to stop to input commands but now tried to telepathicly speak with it asking who was it and what was it stuff like that.

Stoneza felt the dome but growled and stopped down harder cracking it before it vanished. He turned around wings not moving. At the distance Fenix was giving it was not hard to turn around with out much energy used.

Zenith was still unable to tell where it was coming from. From what he could tell, it seemed to be all around them, but not there at the same time.

The presence responded to the questions. "Who are you to question me!?" It seemed to yell into their minds.

Zenith recoiled from what he was doing, and withdrew back and started fighting it off again, as it was assaulting him, although it was stronger this time and he was having a harder time.

Fenix slowly closed in slowly, trying to figure out a way to attack Stoneza without leaving himself too open.

Crusher paused "Who am I to question you? Your in a friends necklace." he said "and seeing as I can seem to bring you up with a telepathic command I would rather find out who you are and what you can do rather then let a enemy take over you some way and use you against us." he sent to explain "Where not here to harm. Your a unknown so where wanting to try to ensure you won't be used wrongly." he sent.

Stoneza began to approach again and this time fired off 2 shots. Both red hot again. Fenix, seemed to have shields, but they did not seem to be helping much. The shots one after the other around half the size of the last one.

Fenix dodged the two rocks, but set up two barriers to ricochet them back to Stoneza. The second rock smashed through the first barrier.

Zenith continued to fight off the Presence, although he was surprised at how long the clone was lasting this time without him supporting it.

"Do you think i wanted to bound to this thing? There has been nothing more pleasing to me, then the thought of being released from this prison." It said. It's voice seemed to be composed of different voices, but while still being once voice.

"Alright." Scuta said.

He stretched a limb that had been bothering him and sped at her.

"Fine, I won't kill anyone else. Injuries cannot be promised." He said.

He relaxed entirely now. Archer wouldn't be a threat even if he chose to turn on him. But as always his hind legs never relaxed.

((GAH! Nothing to post with, just quick replies to statements I suppose. Nyeh.))

((I'm loving how Jink believes that Archer isn't a threat. I really can't wait until he gets to witness my Archer's abilities ;P))

Blanchia nodded, taking note of Scuta's odd gesture. Refraining from mentioning it she braced herself for impact. Repeating her previous movements was easy and at the moment her claws were near touching the flesh of his eyes she thrust the heel of her claws into the soft space beneath his chin and projected her weight forward into the throw.

-------

Archer nodded. "That is fine." He gave a sigh and looked up at the sky feeling suddenly anxious and wanting the cover night. (hint, hint) Returning his gaze to Jink he offered a friendly smile. "Hungry?"

((You have to remember, they've never met anyone that can see them when they go faster than light.))

Scuta did a quick flip and landed on his claws, rubbing his chin.

"Great." He said. "You got it. Wanna take a break or move on?"

He beamed. She was his first pupil, and she was doing well for someone who didn't grow into combat. But even he was starting to be overcome by the headache.

"Actually, yes, I haven't had time for a meal in days." jink replied.

((Hint Hint to what? Sorry it's late, I didn't have any coffee; therefore, not wired, not functioning.))

Also, forgive me if I miss something from someone else's post other than Chasilin's. I normally have only time for one read and a post.

Night.))

((True. True. Also I meant 'hint hint' by his wanting it to be night. I think we should start having the 'day' come to an end since it's been drawn out for several pages now...))

Blanchia shook her head, as a healer it was her job to notice when someone didn't feel quite right. "I think a break would be best for the both of us." She smiled kindly and decided to lie down where she stood, not having the will to walk to the cave itself.

----

"Then, let's hunt." Archer pushed himself to his hind legs and walked out from the over hand of his 'den' and brushed passed Jink. He knew a place thriving on omnivores like buffalo and deer of several sorts. He also knew where they were most plentiful and where they migrated to during what time of the day. Archer blinked and almost sighed. He simply had too much time on his hands.

((Bonne Nuit))

Fenix dodged the two rocks, but set up two barriers to ricochet them back to Stoneza. The second rock smashed through the first barrier.

Zenith continued to fight off the Presence, although he was surprised at how long the clone was lasting this time without him supporting it.

"Do you think i wanted to bound to this thing? There has been nothing more pleasing to me, then the thought of being released from this prison." It said. It's voice seemed to be composed of different voices, but while still being once voice.

Stoneza continued to approach again. He held his fire this time slowly advancing. Wings half folded and tail at the ready.

Crusher tilted his head a bit "Your imprisoned in there? What did you do to get placed in there?" he sent to the clone. Crusher glanced at Zenith letting him know to cut it off if he got too tired to fight it off.

((I see.))

Scuta flopped. His head started to calm itself now that the adrenaline had come and gone.

"You did well." He told Blancha. "I'm exhausted."

Jink stood up and followed Archer out. Hunting was an extension of combat. Except prey here was plentiful and not so stubborn to live. That's why he liked it here.

((Trying to play Jink as a psycho. It's really hard because I think everything through and normally am relatively sane.))

Edited by Dusset

Zenith cut off the link. He was having trouble and he could not really concentrate after he cut it.

Fenix was having a hard time figuring out how to approach Stoneza without leaving himself open.

Crusher looked at Zenith "That was interesting. Your necklace is some kind of prison from what we got there." he said coming up to him "Are you ok?" he asked looking into Zenith's eye's.

Stoneza waited till he got close then fired off a shot the full size of his jaws red hot.

Fenix ducked under the shot and rushed forward, aiming for one of Stoneza's legs.

Zenith looked at Crusher. "I... I think so." Zenith shivered a bit. "I don't like where this is headed... It was harder then last time to keep it away."

Blanchia couldn't say anything, she looked away from Scuta into the forest and let her healing magic seap into the ground, directing it to the spitfire to heal his ailment however little they were. She was feeling especially guily and not at all like she had done well. After all, she had frozen up and despite eventually accomplishing what she was meant to, just doing that was also in it's own way a terrible mistake. Should a white even be capable of learning how to come within inches of injuring another living creature. As thoughts of the days she'd been with here with these dragons overwhelmed her she scarily lost herself in the overwhelming feeling of betrayal to her kind but ever still towards her mother and father.

----

It wasn't a particularly long walk to the main hunting grounds and as soon as they came within visual range (based on Archer's standards) Archer immediately crouched to the ground and assumed a predatory role, his entire demeanor becoming that of the silent aggressor. It wasn't something you'd expect and at the same time eerily well suited to the nebula as his wings became the living replica of the dancing blades of grass.

For a long while Archer was low to the ground as they came ever nearer their goal. Of course, most likely to Jink, who was unaware of Archer's ability, he would no doubt be confused by the nebula's actions. It would be a while before the creatures would even become visible to the spitfire.

All the while Archer stalked out the herd, his eyes moving at an invisible speed, seemingly still and unwavering as they stared ahead into the dense thickets and underbrush of the surrounding forest far to the east of the incredibly clearing where Archer

'lived'.

As the duo moved close, Jink began to see deer. One at first, and then s few. Upon the fourth sighting he disappeared from normal view, although it was likely a blur to Archer, whether Jink knew it or not.

He landed in a tree, balancing his weight so as to not snap any branches that could give away his position. He was not accustomed to tree hoping, but picked up the skill with ease. He began silently leaping from tree to tree, eventually coming closer to his prey of choice. He liked deer, he had only tried it for the first time four years ago. Considering his age, that was a later life experience than those who had grown here.

Scuta stopped breathing heavily and calmed his pulse the old fashioned way. He finally got back to normal conditions.

"I don't feel like making it back to the cave tonight. You?"

He was feeling especially lazy right about then, seeing as the entire day was filled with practice, exhaustion and repeating those.

((If anyone was wondering Scuta is comfortably 300 years of age. And Jink is sitting at about 600.))

Archer had been studying the herd when Jink disappeared, his eyes quickly caught him and followed his movements with ease. It was interesting but finally Archer tore his gaze away from the speedy spitfire and focused instead on his prey. He approached from down wind and then shot up into the air, his black body casting a large shadow on the group, making them stir uneasily. Somehow Archer managed a sickeningly bemused smile before he ticked in his wings and plummeted to the ground. The herd scattered with frightened cries and desperate leaps for safety, not caring who was left behind, their true colors, their undeniable natures finally revealed. His eyes had followed each muscle movement of every individual deer but he was always interested in the most difficult catch; the buck. His eyes predicted every move of the horned beast and Archer reveled in the pleasures of making it feel helpless as he drove the thing entirely by his own will due to knowing each turn or feint the buck might make.

Eventually Archer would grow bored and the buck, feeling confident that the dragon was becoming tired, would kick into overtime, driven by the last of it's energy reserves while draining it's stamina. When the beast truly believed it was safe it slowed and let out a call for the group to gather to it but all that was returned was it's own strangling voice ringing through the air as Archer wrapped his hind legs around it's chest and squeezed it tightly. His 'thumbs' drew around it's neck and the talons, which were positioned across from one another like he was going to hug it, glinted maliciously in the dimming light, the sky burning with crimson and eagerly awaiting the spill of blood. Finally Archer swiftly pulled his wings outwards, his talons effectively slicing both ways into the buck's throat, ripping it clean open with the precision of a hot knife through butter. The buck fell to the ground, jerking in it's death throws before finally falling still. At this point Archer was only hungry anymore and his jaws parted hungrily before biting into it's bared throat and ripping out a hunk of beat, snapping his teeth a few times before swallowing it as it was.

----------

Blanchia looked at Scuta carefully, gouging his words as she retracted the healing energy she'd sent out, somehow feeling a little more energized by doing so. She smiled at him and shrugged. "I don't think I feel up to the feat, either." Crossing her fore claws over one another beneath her chest she lowered her neck and turned it around to rest her jaw over her 'wrists'. It had been an especially long day for the both of them, one night under the open sky wasn't going to kill them.

----------

Illuminis might have been blind but even she could see that the sun was setting and could feel the terrible crimson more than she could visualize it. It was as beautiful as death, drawing you in mysteriously despite how devastatingly ominous it could be. Focusing on Crusher she felt all her thoughts float away into the air like and exhale, soothing her burns and healing them over with a cool wind. Crusher was getting the hang of things now. He was capable of subconsciously knowing where every sound was coming from, his mind was clear and filled with the melody of the world. Now his greatest problem was only that he was still unable to trust. He could clearly accomplish it but he seemed unwilling to let go of protecting his own self, unwilling to let someone, or something, else be responsible for his life. Illuminis wanted to sigh but all she could was smile fondly, sadly, for his sake.

Fenix ducked under the shot and rushed forward, aiming for one of Stoneza's legs.

Zenith looked at Crusher. "I... I think so." Zenith shivered a bit. "I don't like where this is headed... It was harder then last time to keep it away."

Stoneza let Fenix attack. Though at point blank he fired off another shot at Fenix as he moved his paws to block Feniz's attack path.

Crusher nodded "I don't blame you. Reguardless if you hope to use this to help you and your enemy clues in its a magic of you and tries to control it they may not be as helpful." he explained "You get some rest. We'll talk more about this tomorrow." he said.

Illuminis might have been blind but even she could see that the sun was setting and could feel the terrible crimson more than she could visualize it. It was as beautiful as death, drawing you in mysteriously despite how devastatingly ominous it could be. Focusing on Crusher she felt all her thoughts float away into the air like and exhale, soothing her burns and healing them over with a cool wind. Crusher was getting the hang of things now. He was capable of subconsciously knowing where every sound was coming from, his mind was clear and filled with the melody of the world. Now his greatest problem was only that he was still unable to trust. He could clearly accomplish it but he seemed unwilling to let go of protecting his own self, unwilling to let someone, or something, else be responsible for his life. Illuminis wanted to sigh but all she could was smile fondly, sadly, for his sake.

Which was true. He did not hardly trusted anything with his life. Born into the world with cruel humans, forced to fight and kill, these things all added to the lack of the positive emotions when something good has been done and sad emotions when something wrong was done. It also added to the fend for your self or die thought patteren as well. Though beleive it or not he was trusting Illuminis to not kill him right now. She had her chances when she healed him, and right now. He was still tracking that bird as it went around them but things seemed to stop to a certain point. But he did as he was told and continued to focus with out questions. Judging by the heat in his bone plates the sun was going down too.

Edited by little lost dragon

Ren found nothing else to do but wander the forest lazily, and kept on debating in her mind whether to go to her new found paradise, or remain in the forest just in case someone needed her. She sooner or later decided that she would remain in the forest for a while and if no one needed her, she would go back. She trotted slowly, picking up herbs here and there for Blanchia, seeing as they were running low on some of them. She pawed the ground for a moment, after she had collected a rather large amount of herbs. The herbs occupied both of her arms to carry them, so she flew back to the cave instead of walking.

She had been absentmindedly flying, until she almost crashed into a tree right outside of the cave. She blinked in surprise, and swerved to the right quickly. She then walked awkwardly into the cave with her armful of herbs and began sorting them into piles. When finished, she found herself a nice patch of grass to sit down in, and settled down, looking around at the forest.