rainface

Hatchlings

"Simple." Jink said. "They all know me. Scuta, the spitfire, especially. This won't be the first time I've tried to kill them. But the gods seem to be in favor of them, and they escape me each time. I can't walk into their home and fake as if I've changed. Scuta won't believe and would simply fight me until one of us succeeds. But you, they don't know you. No one has reason to not believe you. Do you understand?"

He noticed the white also had healing powers. censorkip.gif, they have two.

"Of course I do." He said as he stood up, shaking sweat off. "You can hold me in a fight, with practice you could hold a full adult with ease."

When he said 'full adult' he twitched his tail. He hated being stuck like this. Although, for essentially committing genocide, he supposed he deserved it. There were worse punishments.

Crusher noticed the spot Kadaen had left. He went to it and sat down by Tetra. He gave her a small and quick nuzzle before wondering who had gone yet and who had not.

Stoneza leaned to Fenix "See? I told you he likes Tetra." he said with a smile.

Tetra nuzzled Crusher back.

Kadaen smiled when Tetra nuzzled Crusher. He laid down and watched the show.

"So has everybody done the course?" he asked the group as Tetra nuzzled him back. He smiled a little then spotted Stoneza off to the side. "Hey Stoneza, you give this a try." he said loud enough for the stone to hear. Stoneza came closer before talking "Are you sure? I'll try but..... I can't say if I'll make it.... more like I have a higher chance of crushing the wood." he said Crusher just smiled "Get in there." he said and Stoneza shrugged. He went onto the first log hearing it groan a bit. He got to the end of it and got ready to jump. He jumped and-

((Does it make it? Does he crush the log? Does he make a small dent in the ground? First one to post with how it ended up goes. Though in all cases he lands on his paws.))

Edited by little lost dragon

((Who's gone anyways? And for that matter who made it???

And remember kids, keep watching for the shocking sequel!))

{Crusher and Kadaen made it.

Zenith failed at it. Those are the three that did it. Kadaen and Crusher looked like two different copies on the training field.}

Ren finally emerged from her new favorite place that allows her to forget about her memories. She trotted back along the stream that had let her to it, and when the stream reached its end at a small pond, there was the cave. She wondered what had happened while she was gone. She pawed the ground, which she hadn't done for quite a while, then looked for other dragons.

((No one wanted to finish that statement....... alright then))

Stoneza came down on the end of the other log crushing it. As the rest of it popped out and hit him in the face. His stone scales and weight and size and the log and stuff.... yeah. Stoneza shook his head "Made one..... should I continue?" he asked. He knew the site looked funny if anything.

Crusher smiled "We'll you made it. The end you hit is proof of that." he said looking at the squished wood.

Zenith picked himself up and shook his head. He heard a crack and turned and looked at Stoneza sitting on the squished log. He held back a laugh and moved out of the way should he decide to continue.

Fenix watched as Stoneza broke the log. "Well, looks like that wont be getting used again any time soon."

Callaina bolted upright and covered her body with her wings. Splinters pelted it and several punctured. She didn't feel the ones that did.

"I think your good Stoneza, you don't need to continue." She said." And your all in luck. You saved yourself having to lift a reset the logs for a few hours. Get some rest, tomorrow you'll begin combat. Pick a sparing buddy tonight. So when you wake up we can start. Anyone partnerless will spar with me, so pick well and pick fast."

Unlike Scuta, who had gauged his pupils and began exercise, she 'd yet to see their combat potential. They would again, be separated. But after tomorrow, everyday starts with a sprint.

Edited by Dusset

Stoneza looked at Callaina and realized she was much closer to the log he had landed on "Ahh eeerrr sorry about that." he said then nodded. "Though for who ever spars with me.... how would that work?" he asked.

Crusher nodded and looked at there group. He did not know how good most of this group was at fighting. And who would want to spar with Stoneza? You'd be hitting and blocking a stone more or less. He looked at Tetra then at Zenith unsure.

Ren didn't realize how long she had spent in her new paradise. It was much later than when she had left this area. She pawed the ground, then decided she wanted to go for a fly. She stretched her wings, about to soar, but then realized she probably should check up with the other dragon to see if they needed her. She huffed, then went closer to the cave, and looked left and right to see if she could find anyone. She noticed Callaina and a couple others in the distance, and started to trot over there.

"I want to spar with you Crusher," said Kadaen.

"I'll spar with Zenith if you want to spar with Kadaen," Tetra said to Crusher.

Vadellia yawned.

Zenith looked at Tetra then at Crusher. "I have no objections to that."

Fenix watched as the group started trying to figure out who would spar with who.

Crusher turned and looked at Kadaen then at Tetra "He would be the ideal partner for sparring." he admitted. Though he felt a little defensive of her sparring with Zenith he tried to hide it.

Stoneza looked at Vadellia "If everyone's already chosen that leaves us." he said coming up beside her.

Tetra could tell that Crusher was not liking the idea of her sparring with Zenith. She nuzzled him. "Think of it this way, I am not sparing with your evil self," she joked, but had a good point.

Ren, seeing that they weren't doing much, jumped up and spread her wings open, she soared high into the sky, and she did a few spirals and loops. She longed to tell someone about her paradise, but she didn't really know anyone that well yet, she had only been there for a little while.

((Rain? The groups for the most part currently distracted.))

Crusher smiled a little and gave a quick nuzzle back. "True" he said before looking at her then heading to sit by Kadaen.

Stoneza looked at Vadellia whens he did not talk. He shook his head and looked at Fenix "You going to join our group?" he asked.

"Sort among yourselves." She said. "I will retire."

And with that Callaina went to the cave to sleep, with intention of taking guard later. She noticed that she was going to sleep with plenty time left in the day. Darn, she had Wished to sunbathe today.

She thought about the lessons. She taught at a distance to teach independence, but training together taught teamwork. Two virtues that can not be trained, but experienced. On the battlefield they wouldn't have an instructor telling them what they needed to do, nor would everything that challenges them require orthodox solutions. They had to learn to improvise.

"I think the sparing partners are just that, two dragons playfully fighting," said Vadellia. She accepted Stonza as her fighting partner.

((LLD: Yeah, I noted that. And Ren did as well but she didn't want to talk, she was still thinking.... Heh.))

Fenix shrugged when Vadellia responded finally. "I guess I'm the odd one out."

Zenith sat next to Tetra. "Well, what do we do now? We are starting tomorrow and there is still plenty of time left."

"We could start early," Tetra said playfully. She wanted to get stronger. She playfully played with Zenith's tail.

Stoneza nodded "You will feel like your play fighting against a rock then." he said "I'll see you at sun set. We'll spar a bit till the sun is behind the hills." he said.

Crusher looked at Kadaen "So when do you want to start?" he asked.