rainface

Hatchlings

"Yea, yes I do." He said. "It was like I was watching myself do that. I had little control."

He stood up and moved back to the cave. He had been skeptical about the whole thing, he had believed he could will his way past the need. But clearly no one could do fast.

When he returned to tha cave, he was content and tired. Almost instantly fell asleep.

Kadaen smiled when Scuta had fallen asleep very easily. He remembered his fist night and that wasn't a pleasent one. He yawned and fell asleep in the same cave as the halfy.

((Insert time skip.))

"WAKE UP!!!" Callaina roared. "GET UP!!!"

Now that she was alone in teaching, she had to take a more hands-on approach. Less the tutor who payed little attention, more the drill sergeant. They had combat to learn. Starting strong was the best way.

Scuta stirred awake, he sat up. His throat was fine. So he simply sat in the cave's mouth thinking.

Edited by Dusset

Vadellia awoken from her sleep from the yelling. She yawned and went down to the begining of the cave.

Tetra was still asleep on Crusher's back. She couldn't be awoken very easily with raors alone.

Kadaen was still sleeping.

Fenix and Zenith both woke with a yawn and made their way to the entrance of the cave. Zenith was still pretty tired from the night before.

Crusher woke up and went to stand up to find Tetra still on his back. "Um Tetra?" he asked. He had a good feeling inside that she felt so comferble sleeping on him but he needed to get up. And how he fell asleep met that till she got up his stiff joints where not going anywhere. "Tetra? We got to train." he said. If Vadellia came near he would give her the look of 'leave her alone'. He did not like how she woke her sister last time.

Tetra was still sleeping.

"Crusher there is only one way to wake her up and that is stepping on her wing or tail," Vadellia said. "Or just plain old hurt her." She knew she was right, as many times as she had to wake up her sister, that was the only thing she was able to get her sister up.

Crusher looked at her "Maybe, but there's no need to use pain to wake a heavy sleeper." he said "Your method may be the only that's worked so far, but anyone wakes to being hurt." He said. He decided to use another method. Using his magic to help him focus on making his flame shots instead he used it to wake up Tetra's mind painlessly.

Tetra started to wake up slowly. She didn't jolt like she did the last time she was woken up.

"True, but still. Look she might just fall back to sleep with how slow she is moving," Vadellia said.

Crusher moved more to one, get his own musles going and 2 to wake Tetra up more. "Morning Tetra, your sister wants to hurt you to wake you, if you don't get up I don't think she'll listen to me and hurt you anyway." he said a bit loudly to use the sound to wake her.

Tetra made squeaking sounds while she was trying to get up. He moved off of Crusher's back, but then fell asleep.

Vadellia waited until Crusher had enough or the now drill sargent had enough and slap Tetra to get her up.

Crusher got up but was now annoyed at how Tetra just went back to sleep. One did not just fall back asleep after that much movement after being woken after a nights sleep. He focused his mind again and did the same stuff to wake her. This time with the words 'wake up!' being sent telepathically in a yelling tone.

Blanchia hadn't seen Scuta since she'd fallen asleep in the same field with him beforehand that's where she awoke now. She wasn't sure how long she'd been asleep but her bodt felt so stiff. Stretching her aching limbs Blanchia looked around for Scuta. She was far too sore to even think about going and training today.

"Scuta...? Scuta, where are you?" she called in a sweetly tired voice. She wasn't very far from the cave so she would no doubt be heard if he was anywhere near there. "Scuta....hello?"

--------

((Not sure where Archer and his buddy is))

--------

Illuminis had let Crusher go without following him. She knew she would not have been able to if she tried and she had felt the wave of effort he'd thrust forth to prevent himself from attacking her and killing her.

Illuminis fell asleep that night, alone and afraid for Crusher, she did not know what she could to help. She would have to wait for his return, if he ever would return.

Morning approached quickly, sneaking up behind the slumbering moonstone dragon and startling her awake as she realized how the time had passed.

"Crusher!" she cried emotionally, waves of her feelings rolling off of her in powerful bursts and causing an artificial wind to stir around her

Now satisfied the vamp lust diminished and Evil Crusher was back in control of him self. It too him a few moments to get his surroundings, the taste in his mouth, the spit fire in-front of him. He remembered what his healer had said. About not fighting untill the fight day. Oddly he felt..... almost bad about something. His fangs did not even feel the same either. He looked around as if almost frightened about his healer seeing this. He took off his bone platting gone now in ashes. He went back to the spot where he was training and paused in hiding. Why did he feel this way? Why did he feel the need to honor a agreement to her? Why did he feel bad at the fact he just broke that agreement? He was sure she was most likely waiting for him now to come out and say it. He slowly came out looking down. He was confused at the mix of feelings he felt. shame, sadness, confusion. all at once.

((Errm, he already has returned

Edit, nvm I'll have your post fit in))

Crusher sat there near by head down hardly noticing the time pass by. Then suddenly he came to as a voice entered his head yelling his name. He looked up to see Illuminis looking worried and a number of other things. "I'm..... here... Illuminis." he said coming closer. "Seems my breeds nature broke out and well..... with my walls down I could not stop it.... only redirect it." he said then looked away "I broke our deal...... Scuta is either dead..... or if he is alive he's only partly...." he said "My fangs feel empty... which means when I had lost my self...." he really did feel bad for breaking his deal with her. Why? He was not entirely sure why. He was suprized his vamp burst did not target her anyway despite his will. But she was still here.

Edited by little lost dragon

Scuta's ears twitched. He heard echoes of Callaina. He realized he wasn't as far from Oracle's cave. He looked up when his name was faintly called. He didn't know who it was but he knew it was his name. Few others had names like his.

Jink led Archer back to the den.

"Wake her up, I don't care how, then pair up like yesterday and follow me out to the field. Don't make me come back and wake her up myself."

Callaina trotted out to the field.

((Little history lesson: when I joined we were in one cave, this was when Sharly was active, her char Shardas had turned a sideroom into a mystic's room. Later Crisie (Dragongirl10188) had been trapped in a cave in the same mountain. Through a series of events Scuta and a few other smaller dragons saved her, we set off a chain reaction and the caves collapsed. We escaped with our hats in our hands. We then went to Balthan's old cave. Thrymzen (a liche with a hologram-like cover) infiltrated us. We found out he attacked and we were again caveless. Most dragons split up but we all made it to Oracle's cave (Balthan's adopted child (Scuta found her too but he didn't take fatherly responsibility)). And now you know.))

((Ah, I hate to be the bad guy but, westie, your post is unacceptable and it clearly goes against the rules of the roleplay and the general DC rules as well.))

Blanchia gaped into the space around her that was empty of Scuta's presence. "Scuta!?" she called one last time before giving up and flopping down into the dust, a plume of it swallowed her face and had her choking on her own breath. It made tears spring to her eyes and she rubbed the dirt away with a clumsy claw.

----------

Archer followed Jink back without complaint, he was satisfied with his filled belly and he could worry about the day's events later. Looking at Jink he studied the dragon's movements and wondered what it would be like to fight him. There was just something that was...interesting.

----------

((I'm so sorry I missed that D:))

In Illuminis' stress she was unable to properly sense where Crusher was, she could not see. Emotions were good for Illuminis but strong emotions were bad, they jarred her vision and mad it impossible for her to control her energy. Moving blindly, Illuminis feared the darkness that was washing over her and returning her to her earliest days back in that lonely cave.

"I'm..... here... Illuminis." his voice said and it was coming closer. "Seems my breeds nature broke out and well..... with my walls down I could not stop it.... only redirect it." theres was a brief pause and then it came once more. "I broke our deal...... Scuta is either dead..... or if he is alive he's only partly...." he said "My fangs feel empty... which means when I had lost my self...."

Illuminis barely heard anything he said beyond his voice, filling her mind and quelling her obnoxious vision, settling it down. Illuminis rushed to Crusher and thrust her body against his, embracing him in a rushed desperation.

"I'm just glad that you are okay." she said, her emotions fond and tender and overly affectionate as she nuzzled under his neck. "You're okay...you're okay..." she repeated mostly as if reassuring herself of it's truth. Finally, she finished with but a whisper of an emotion that was so heavy it held little sound. "Thank goodness...."

Evil Crusher's eye's went wide when she suddenly rushed at him. He paused as she hugged and nuzzled him. His scales still tender from being burned badly. But over all it stirred feeling in his chest. One that a newly hatched hatchling should always feel, loved and wanted. He had never really felt it till now. As Illuminis hugged and nuzzled his burned and tired body. He maybe cruel, well can be most of the time, but somehow he did not see the need to curse others into being a vamp as well.

He was suprized though that she was displaying such for him. Was he not in a days time going to fight the entire cave? Was he not going to kill them as they attacked? Right now, the prospect of killing did not seem as.... gravitating. He liked this feeling of being loved. It felt good. He sat there for a few moments stiffly but after a few moments allowed him self to nuzzle her neck back. He was not covered in his bone platting at all so his nose was not hard. After the first nuzzle he felt like just hugging back and for some reason also cry, but right now he had not gotten to that stage of emotion display with..... anyone. Though a tear did escape.

((I hate RP'ing cruel ones but I find it very easy RP'ing there changes lol. I know I like the fact how his cruelty is being.... melted(?) away. ))

Edited by little lost dragon

Scuta stood up and shook Kadaen. No reason to sleep through the morning. He began sitting in the cave entrance again. His throat began to itch. Slightly, but still. He had thought a lot about his situation. It wasn't pretty. He wasn't a fan.

Callaina waited in the field, pissed a little for having to wait.

((I like playing evil chars, cruel for no reason. But then there's always that one censorkip.gif . They always start asking questions and begins to deteriorate the point of having a bad guy for no reason. This is why I never play bad guys. Jink was out of necessity.

I do like playing solemn characters, Scuta's at that point.))

Edited by Dusset

Kadaen awoken when Scuta shook him. "Now use to being in daytime huh?" he asked. He yawned and got up anyway. "What's up?"

Vadellia sighed and she stepped on Tetra's tail.

Tetra awoken from her sleep and she growled at her sister.

"It's about time you get up. I don't care if you two yell at me for it, but we gotta go to the fields remember?" Vadellia said as she left the cave. She walked over to the fields.

Tetra yawned and she saw Crusher. "Morning," she said.

Zenith made his way to the fields, sitting down and yawning when he got there.

Fenix yawned and walked to the fields, standing a bit away from the training area.

"Nothing in particular. I see no reason to sleep through the morning," Scuta replied. "But since your awake I want to know what we'll be doing. Do we just sit here until I can control my urges or do I learn something?"

Callaina tapped her claw. She had to do this by herself now, she didn't want to wait on the students who benefit. If the whole purpose is to train them to not die, they should be jumping at the opportunity. It's not every day you get taught how to survive.

Kadaen awoken when Scuta shook him. "Now use to being in daytime huh?" he asked. He yawned and got up anyway. "What's up?"

Vadellia sighed and she stepped on Tetra's tail.

Tetra awoken from her sleep and she growled at her sister.

"It's about time you get up. I don't care if you two yell at me for it, but we gotta go to the fields remember?" Vadellia said as she left the cave. She walked over to the fields.

Tetra yawned and she saw Crusher. "Morning," she said.

Crusher could not help but not look to happy. At either of the sisters. "Morning, you need to work on putting effort into waking up." he said "If our enemy attacked in our sleep you would be dead easy for him as he could kill us all and you would not even bother waking." he said not liking the scare that could give but it was true. "Now we have training, lets move." he said then headed out of the cave and waited. Stoneza was already there but he looked like another pile of rocks.... out of place though.

"I mostly always get woken up if anyone attacks me," Tetra said, but she did look scared at the idea of anyone comming into the den and killed Crusher and her asleep and not able to do anything. She shivered at that thought. Though the death of her sister would be a good thing to get.

"Crusher might complain today about me waking up my sister in the only way I know how and that is hurting her. Step on her wing or tail and she'll up. Hit her and she'll be up. Doesn't matter where," Vadellia said to the instructer.

"Good to know." Callaina said not caring. "Alright everyone, combat stems from reaction. But you can't react if you can't balance right? Today is my personal favorite lesson, those logs in the ground? Well they'll be out focus again. I want you to pair up like yesterday and fight each other; but here's the twist. You must do so only on the logs. As well, you must not fly, at all, jumps only. You may move to any log, but you may not move off of them. If at any point you have difficulty tell me, there is a backup lesson."

She didn't think they would have issues. They were capable. It was just adding a new layer.

((Yo, can Scuta get answered?))