rainface

Hatchlings

Crusher nodded and saw Tetra shiver. He did not blame her for shivering. He would be too in her paws. Seeing someone who's known life be turned to a undead. He knew how that felt, he spent his life as one up till a while ago. Then he was given his magi body. A fully living body. It felt so much better to be fully alive rather then half dead. He wondered where his evil self maybe now. The fact there was no siting said he was alive still and there for a grave threat. If he was starting to infect and go for eggs now they had a worse threat then before. He flew closer beside Tetra in a effort to calm her.

"You seen evil Crusher right? He is considered among the normal vampires. I am an odd Vampire, meaning I am different from most. I hope you are also an odd one," Kadaen said. He wanted to walk anyway. He followed the younger vampire. To him, he was 400 years old as a vampire and Scuta was only an hour old at the most as a vampire. He had lived his life as safe as he could, but he didn't know if he would go to hell even though he was a very good vampire.

Tetra had random, but relative picuters going into her mind, like Crusher being a half vamp, Vadellia being half vamp and the rest of the camp as a half vampire but her, and everyone looking at her like some food sorce that would be risking her neck just to be around them. She heard Crushers wing beat comming closer to her and she quickly got out of those thoughts. She hoped that, that would never ever ever happen.

Edited by polos1993

Crusher looked at her as she seemed to be distressed. Looks like the sighting of half dead Scuta had really spooked her bad. "We'll take him down so he won't be a threat to anyone." he said "No one else will be altered, no one." he said really hoping he can stay true to that word. He altered his course and flew under her wings now extended to full length in a glide motion. Offering her to land and rest on his back.

Tetra had landed on Crusher's back perfectly and she quickly fell asleep on him. She was really tired, and she felt confert from Crusher so she could sleep in some peace.

Crusher felt her land then go to sleep almost right after landing. Though all her talk of poor landings she made a perfect one of a seasoned flyer. He looked at Fenix thinking he was following. Crusher thought Tetra would at least stay awake, nope, he was not carrying a sleeping dragon. Around his own size too. Controling his glide he gave gently pumps with is wings to keep going and not to lose Tetra on his back.

Fenix followed in silence, though he listened to their conversation. He tried to think of something to say, but he could not. He just sighed and went back to his own thoughts.

Scuta kept moving until he saw the Balthan's old cave.

"There it is." He said. "Relatively secluded and away from any other cave in the area. The closest one is a collapsed one just east of here."

He wandered into the cave and found that there was still a gap in the wall. It had grown in size, likely due to plate shifts in the area. He never noticed them at all, likely because of the elevation they were at. Closer to the mountain range.

"Home sweet home I guess." He told Kadaen. "So what now?"

His willpower was strong, he had only ever fallen in those terms to save others. But even he could be persuaded by lust and primal instincts.

After a while Crusher went in for a landing at home cave. He landed running a bit to avoid having Tetra fall off. He headed for the cave, he paused by the other spitfire "Scuta's...... half vamp now..." he said quietly "Bitten on the neck, he's only half alive now." Crusher explained before heading into the cave and laying down with Tetra on his back still.

Callaina's eyes widened. He was so calm about this! How could he be calm now!?!? She held back her voice as to not wake the sleeping hatchling.

"What!?!?" She asked in the most urgent yet quiet tone. "Where is he? What happened? Why was he alone? Is he OK?"

She fretted like a worried mother. In the back of her mind she laughed at that. She was the oldest female here.

"When did this happen?"

She had a million and one questions. She wanted him to be fine. He was the closest thing to family she had (different subclans).

Crusher's head shot to her "First of all calm down!" he whispered almost hissing. "Right now he's with Kadaen. From what I can tell he fought our enemy who bit a changing bite on Scuta's neck. I have no way of telling if he's alright, I'v never seen a growing dragon be converted like this before." he said quietly "For safety sakes he's staying at another cave with Kadaen. From what I know Kadaen is going to attempt to help Scuta control his new urges and deal with what he's been turned into." he said "But all in all he's still with us. He maybe half dead but he's still with us." he said quietly. "Now is not the time to fret or panic. Won't do anyone good. Get some rest. I'll see if you can see him tomorrow. We still got our training to do." he finished off with.

Callaina only nodded. Angered that the younger dragon didn't respect his elder, she laid down in the entrance, still guarding the cave. While he may have been rude he was still right. Worrying wouldn't help him. She had things to do. She still had to teach them all how to protect themselves and fight others. But she had to do it alone. She would have to improvise on a bit of it, seeing as she passed the trials on the first go, and didn't remember them as well as Scuta did.

Crusher sighed and rested his head on the cave floor. Having never been in a clan before this one and he did not know Callaina age either he treated her the same way he would anyone else. So Scuta was now part vamp..... not dead but not alive. He could be torn apart and end up a zombie type.... or did it work that way? He honestly did not know. Callaina seemed to be worried for Scuta, but little good that will do them. Scuta's fate is sealed unless a god or something intervenes like one had for him. Balthan gone with the only source of how to get Scuta to that one place..... it was hopeless.

After a little bit Crusher feel asleep with Tetra still snoozing on his back.

{Sorry missed the post}

"Nice cute little cave," Kadaen committed on the cave that he'll be staying at for the moment. "Lets see. You're the second halfy I've seen, so there are a lot of things that you get as such. Oh I should ask you if you don't mind calling you a halfy because to me you're half dead half alive dragon. I did the same with the other dragon, so I hope you don't get offanded when I call you that. It also reminds me that you're not a full vampire so I have to be a bit more leway with you then a normal vampire. Do you feel the burning in your throat?"

Fenix landed and entered the cave. He was unsure of what to say at Callaina's out burst. How could he respond? She was obviously stressed about the whole situation. He just walked in and found a spot to lay in, though he was not falling asleep.

"Of course not, I don't mind." He said. "And yes. My throat does feel scratchy, not quite burning yet though."

He was still getting over the mental hurdle of being dead. But not being dead. He didn't want to think about specifics and ethics, that would simply stress him out. He had a challenge to conquer, not a moral decision.

"Becareful when your thraot burns. It's the main thing why most vampires go crazy. The only way to calm it down is by blood. Some blood lasts longer then others. To me you had cold deer blood, not the most effestiont thing to have. It might be warm to you, seeing how you're a new one, but it's cold to me. Most newborns go crazy when they feel their throat burning, and they become more unstable then a older vampire," Kadaen said. "Normally it takes two years before they are ready to bearound others, but that one halfy took only one year to be ready to be around others."

"I don't think you understand. We don't have a year. Crusher could be gearing up for an attack right now. He could be planning and waiting to strike at any moment. If we wait a year our clan will be all but slaughtered without proper training!"

He was beginning to get pissed. A whole year was something they couldn't spare. Let alone two. He alone knew the more advanced training techniques. Callaina's subclan were healers and Jink was a psycho who hated him. After the basic training there was blocking and guarding, Callaina had elected to take one advanced combat class but she was never versed in the training of others.

Jax flew silently through the sky, not knowing exactly where he was going, but he still flew nonetheless. He had gotten tired of the cave he had slept in for two days, and decided to travel somewhere else to find a new one. He flew over the treetops, the leaves glittering ever so slightly in the light. The ocean nearby had drilled a rhythmic song into his head, and his wings flapped to the slight beat. He spotted some deer below. His stomach growled instantly, he had not eaten for a while, his hunting skills failing him. He swooped down hopefully, only to miss as the deer jumped away, and it was hidden by the trees. He dismissed it, but still hungry, he absentmindedly searched below for prey as well as flew along the sky.

"No I understand that part perfectly, but I am also being realistic here," Kadaen said. "To be honest you're more calmer about it then the other halfy was, he had attacked me when I said Two or less years. Anyway you may know combact an all, but there are things you gotta consider. Would you willingly put others at risk for them to learn how to fight?"

A catch twenty-two. Train them and endanger them, or don't train them and let them fall. He sobered up a bit, which took much strain in his part.

"There has to be a faster way to do this then. We don't have time and we can't afford not doing this." He said. "Look, this all started maybe an hour ago, so for now I might be fine, but if anything I suspect is true this won't last."

He hated Crusher more now. Couldn't he just die? Why can't he just be murdered? His back ached and legs began to hurt. His skeletal system was on a growth spurt. This enraged him. His throat was starting to itch.

"You're lucky that you have been found like that, and you got to a deer quickly. If not then think of the other possibilties. You could of gotten to the others and with only your gut guiding you, possibly killed them in a bite. It truely doesn't matter where you bit them. It could be the tip of the tail and you could drink the blood from there," Kadaen said. "There might be a possibility that you could just go off at any moment. Try to think like someone who is normal and alive. Think about the questions they will ask and honestly answer those questions inside your mind."

Scuta struggled to quell his mind. On the outside he was calm. On the inside he was festering. Those questions he had occupied most of his thought, but his base instinct was getting to him. His throat began to rage. His eyes gave window into his thoughts. He was thinking 'attack, kill, drain". However his logical mind provided that this was a dead creature; it has no blood. While Kadaen did, he was lucky that Scuta's mind didn't process this correctly.

In a fit of anger and need to kill, he spun around and burst from the cave. He flew like a dart hunting even the smallest of prey. The deer hadn't sufficed he had pulled away before he could benefit. He snatched a bird in mid flight and drank it like a shot. But more was required.

Once Scuta had the evil look of his blood lust, Kadaen quickly moved out of his way. He saw the Scuta was going after anything that had blood. He knew because he was considered undead the halfy didn't think he had blood. His own blood no, but the blood of other beings yes. His blood was cold while the normal beings blood was warm. He went into the woods, and scared elk to Scuta.

Scuta found a grazing cow. He swiftly took it's head off and drank heavily. It took him a whole five minutes to be done with it, it was only just smaller than himself. He proceded to lay on his back. But then he began to ponder his situation again. He realized that he hadn't done that, his body had, he had had no control over it. The thought of this happening around friends of his sickened him. Just what had he fallen into this time? He'd dealt with countless problems and enemies in the past, year was it? That sounded right.

Regardless he hated himself now. That was a monstrous deed. He'd beheaded in the name of swift hunting before, but never like this. Kadaen had been right, he wasn't ready to be around others yet.

Kadaen waited until Scuta stopped going from one area to another for blood. He sighed. "Now do you see why I said what I had to say?" He asked Scuta. "Come on lets get to the cave before the sun gets to you. It dries us quicker, but some are still able to maintain their stability in the sun. You're defantly not ready at the moment."